Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Soben »

Just had an extremely detailed chat with my other head about our reads and he now agrees that ISO #4 by ABR is actually an incredibly strong town-tell, we don't see him openely stating that he has 'multiple killing abilities" as mafia.

As much as my other head wants to lynch Icey just out of fear, he now also agrees that Icey is likely town/third party. Neither of us see GreyICE allowing Katsuki making their opening claim post as scum nor do either of us see them claiming in such a manner that draws excessive attention towards them.

We also read through LMP together, and I can understand where he's coming from, LMP's argument with SGR shows no attempt at revealing his allignment, rather just "proving that he's correct". In majority of his posts he refrains from stating if he believes SGR's thought process is scum-motivated or just a bad town-play, a primary example of this is where he asks SGR why he's lying in ISO #16 by LMP rather than stating if he believes SGR's lie is a scum-tell or not.

I'll go into our other reads at another point, I have to head to class.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

You think that
I
am the one who tells
Katsuki
what we are and aren't doing?

o_O
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Seriously, I'm the one whose probably learning more in this hydra.

She controls our vote. She has more experience. Me? I'm here for the ride. And to make fun of scum chesskid, 'cause he's really obvious.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Katy »

Pine is so emotional about this I almost feel he has to be town losing it. I think scum would have dropped it rather than make this point about Icey such a big issue and draw so much attention (and votes).

Personally, I don't see what's so awful about following Icey for the first day. If they have a helpful ability, then it's worth it. If this is some kind of scum ploy then the first day is the time to expose it. There is no way that a moderator puts this much effort into a game and then gives someone an ability that could end the game on day one. That kind of paranoia isn't going to get us anywhere. It's valid not to trust Icey but inflating it into an issue of epic proportions is not helpful to town, if you really are town.

Still waiting for implosion to come and post some relevant content.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm thinking Icey is third party.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

I'm currently writing a post. However I'm not sure what the votecount is presently so please hold off on any lynch until I clear up something with the mod. I'd like to get this taken care of during D1 in case I am able to go public with it.

Thanks,
CMAR :cop:
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

Katy wrote:Pine is so emotional about this I almost feel he has to be town losing it. I think scum would have dropped it rather than make this point about Icey such a big issue and draw so much attention (and votes).

Personally, I don't see what's so awful about following Icey for the first day. If they have a helpful ability, then it's worth it. If this is some kind of scum ploy then the first day is the time to expose it. There is no way that a moderator puts this much effort into a game and then gives someone an ability that could end the game on day one. That kind of paranoia isn't going to get us anywhere. It's valid not to trust Icey but inflating it into an issue of epic proportions is not helpful to town, if you really are town.

Oh please, you're like 'his posts are pure AtE so they must be townie!'

Like... :igmeou:
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Rawr. Work had me miss about 10 pages. Read up to page 12. Will read the rest when I get off tomorrow.
To entertain you all -does a random spell- tada!
@Everyone: What is with the multiple vote, unvote, vote in the same post?
I myself didn't find much to comment on, although I do believe that LMP vote on SGR can be seen as scummy, but in the early stages of the game, reason for placing a vote aren't going to be wall of text justification.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:I'm currently writing a post. However I'm not sure what the votecount is presently so please hold off on any lynch until I clear up something with the mod. I'd like to get this taken care of during D1 in case I am able to go public with it.

Thanks,

Just kidding. This is reconciled. Forget I mentioned it at all.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

scum chesskid has a confirmable town role so go ahead and mock him :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

chesskid3 wrote:scum chesskid has a confirmable town role so go ahead and mock him :P

:(

Then don't be voting for SGRaize dammit, [REDACTED] worked on day 1, but SG is nowhere near that bad, and we need actual scum and stuff.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Baaaaaaaaaaaack

IceyCupcake wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:scum chesskid has a confirmable town role so go ahead and mock him :P

:(

Then don't be voting for SGRaize dammit, [REDACTED] worked on day 1, but SG is nowhere near that bad, and we need actual scum and stuff.

He isn't voting me anymore.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Feysal wrote:I believe I've had my best idea ever in a mafia game today. I realized I'd be in severe trouble keeping track of what was happening, so I created a private QuickTopic to post my thoughts in for future reference. The downside is that taking notes slows down my reading, but I'll take being informed and slow over being quick and forgetful any day of the week.

This is a pretty great idea.
I have one even better, but even slowler.

I'm gonna create a quicktopic for every player in the game and bookmark them all in a Bookmark folder :mrgreen:

I can already tell I'm just gonna say "Fuck it" midway through the game and stop using that, but might as well try it.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

@Lmp
During the RVS, we had two players who wanted to keep the RVS going. The first was SGR. His attitude:
-Oh My Gawd. Don't be so serious youll.
To
-Let's take a hayfork and stick somebody with it. Who do you guys wanna pick? (IF Pine had answered it, the answer would have been clear as SGR knew)
To
-*poking Chesskid* (Which is not completely true as he only suggested Chesskid and waited before he actually poked)

Wrath wasn't the flipfloppinh cheerleader SGR was, so why vote Wrath over SGR?
And it's not that hard looking at which other player was keeping his RVS vote, while seeing a different player as scummy. It's your reason for thinking players are scummy. I have different ones. If I can see it, without thinking it's scummy, you should be able to find it as well.
As extra, your accusation against RBT is terribad. Learn to read sarcasm.

@SGR
Be glad that I've been working on my top suspects in a different way this game as I hate your meta defence. Looking at what you said about using it, you probably know why.
/inb4 You're keeping information hidden!!!
Also, I never voted you as a joke. And Chess is just being a good boy~ Gandalf wants to join /in with the coolkids. Inhim and Dryfit just saw what they had to do (Wrath apparently as well, but I forget the whole time that he was present as well :S.) The wrong guy on your BW is LMP for reasons you've mentioned and I'm questioning him about.

Ok, this just came in:
On Friday, 20-05-2011, another scummy player came on board the SGR wagon. This player, B......, voted SGR on terribad reasons. Our journalist has interviewed M..._.. on the spot. This is what she had to say:
'Obv, he's biased against his own wagon. As he knows his faction *rolls eyes*. He's still alive, so if he's town, he's the only one who can analyse it with a complete 100% 'SGR is town' - thought behind it. In his eyes, this is catching scum. When a vote is placed, says a lot, which destroys his second reason (This time is an exception though, due to Chess's reason). And everybody can get angry when he's attacked by reasons he thinks are stupid. But as my future-telling abilities have shown me, he later sees part of SGR's 'overreaction' as town-tell.
M..._.., the White Fairy with somebody's Face, to the rescue~ (In other words, /in b4 OMG, White-knighting!!!)

Pine
Haha, no ._.
2) You did retract the vig request. But you did give Gandalf scum points in that same post. This doesn't explain why you didn't vote Gandalf.
5) Aren't you a player who also thinks there is scum on it, just like SGR? So you agree with him, but also attack him for it. You can't have it both ways, yaknow?

Also, state the inconsistencies from Soben that made you vote him, without mentioning 'look back'. Because from what I've seen, it's based upon Soben not voting KatsukIce.

@KatsukIce
Pine actually deserves the FoS you gave him in post 324, for not questioning you two about your reason for wanting more votes. It's logical to do so when you think the jester-like ability player is either mafia or third-party. Also, if he's town and is actually believing what he's saying, wouldn't it make more sense to get everybody to vote you? (rhetorical question) It either gets a third-party out of the game or everybody is killed who voted you (perhaps keep 2 players who didn't vote in case you survive, but that's only the case in the second scenario)

@Amrun
Which games have you played with Pine?

It should be obv which two players are most likely to get my vote. I'll hopefully get to that tonight.
But I'm nice enough to
Unvote
already.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:11 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm thinking Icey is third party.

You're half right.

One head of this hydra is a jester.

I just got home, and it's 5am.
Not posting.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Mana_Ku wrote:Be glad that I've been working on my top suspects in a different way this game as I hate your meta defence. Looking at what you said about using it, you probably know why.

I fucking hate using Meta and I hate when Meta is mentioned anywhere in a Mafia game. There's nothing I'd love more than complete anonymous Mafia playing, but if everyone else can use it, you can bet your ass I'm also gonna use it if it means I don't get lynched.

Ok, this just came in:
On Friday, 20-05-2011, another scummy player came on board the SGR wagon. This player, B......, voted SGR on terribad reasons. Our journalist has interviewed M..._.. on the spot. This is what she had to say:
'Obv, he's biased against his own wagon. As he knows his faction *rolls eyes*. He's still alive, so if he's town, he's the only one who can analyse it with a complete 100% 'SGR is town' - thought behind it. In his eyes, this is catching scum. When a vote is placed, says a lot, which destroys his second reason (This time is an exception though, due to Chess's reason). And everybody can get angry when he's attacked by reasons he thinks are stupid. But as my future-telling abilities have shown me, he later sees part of SGR's 'overreaction' as town-tell.
M..._.., the White Fairy with somebody's Face, to the rescue~ (In other words, /in b4 OMG, White-knighting!!!)

I have no idea what you mean with this... I have reread it thrice... And I still don't understand it...
I know I'm really slow, but please explain what you mean better. This is honestly the most confusing post I have read on this game.

Meanwhile: Still rereading this game. Midway through. Will do my reads when I finish.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:25 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Mana_Ku wrote:@Lmp
During the RVS, we had two players who wanted to keep the RVS going. The first was SGR. His attitude:
-Oh My Gawd. Don't be so serious youll.
To
-Let's take a hayfork and stick somebody with it. Who do you guys wanna pick? (IF Pine had answered it, the answer would have been clear as SGR knew)
To
-*poking Chesskid* (Which is not completely true as he only suggested Chesskid and waited before he actually poked)

OH MY GOD

SGRaaize wrote:There's nothing more painful than the start of a big Forum Mafia game, where everyone desperately tries to start a subject.
Someone must be sacrificed by looking scummy so we can start having reads on each other.
Who's up?

SGRaaize wrote:
Katy wrote:
Vote: SGRaaize

How about you?

Nah, I look way too Townie for that job. I suggest Chesskid.

If you think these two posts have even a slight hinch of seriousness in them. May god have mercy on your soul.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Re-written:
-You analysing your own wagon is scumhunting as you are the only one who knows which faction your part of. For us, it's a guess. And of course, this makes you biased.
-when a vote is placed has an impact on the read you have of a player.
-Overreaction has to do with the personality of the player, not his allignment.

Beefster just wants to fit in with the crowd.

P-edit: Says the one who took my vote as a joke?
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Well, yeah, I took your vote as a joke because I didn't think you actually took those two posts seriously.
Apparently, I was wrong.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 am

Post by SGRaaize »

No, seriously, you read this:

SGRaaize wrote:2 pages in and we're already taking this way too seriously.

Then this:

SGRaaize wrote:There's nothing more painful than the start of a big Forum Mafia game, where everyone desperately tries to start a subject.
Someone must be sacrificed by looking scummy so we can start having reads on each other.
Who's up?

Then this:

SGRaaize wrote:
Katy wrote:
Vote: SGRaaize

How about you?

Nah, I look way too Townie for that job. I suggest Chesskid.

And you think I was serious? Come on, now, I can't believe that.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 1:31 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Mana_Ku wrote:Re-written:
-You analysing your own wagon is scumhunting as you are the only one who knows which faction your part of. For us, it's a guess. And of course, this makes you biased.
-when a vote is placed has an impact on the read you have of a player.
-Overreaction has to do with the personality of the player, not his allignment.

I see your two last posts, (Its why I said "Way-Too-Serious read on Pine instead of Scum-Read or Town-Read). Regarding your first point, most of my points on my BW really don't matter if I'm Town or Scum, regardless, of my alligment, the reasoning on me is complete bullshit.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Amrun »

Mana: Several on-going games (which I am dead in). Possibly a complete one, but I don't remember. I also checked out his meta for another game, and light-heartedness was a trend. I need to check again to see if srs-bsns freak-the-fuck-out face was used as scum.

Katy: How are Pine's huge piles of AtE making you think town?!

Icey: One head?! Which head?! Your heads have different roles?

Soben: Do your heads have different roles?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Votecount

1- CryMeARiver
[Healthy]
(0)
2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(1) - inHimshallibe
3- chesskid3
[Healthy]
(1) - Bunnylover
4- Albert B. Rampage
[Healthy]
(1) - Pine
5- Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(1) - Soben
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0) -
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
9- Amrun
[Healthy]
(2) - Beefster, chesskid3
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
11- SnakePlissken
[Healthy]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(0) -
13- Soben
[Healthy]
(2) - implosion, SnakePlissken
14- Beefster
[Healthy]
(1) - Riceballtail
15- PeregrineV
[Healthy]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- LynchMePls
[Healthy]
(0) -
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Healthy]
(1) - CryMeARiver
20- inHimshallibe
[Healthy]
(0) -
21- SGRaaize
[Healthy]
(3) - Dryfit, LynchMePls, WrathChild,
22- implosion
[Healthy]
(1) - Katy,
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)
24- Pine
[Healthy]
(7) - Zdenek, SGRaaize, IceyCupcake, Amrun, gandalf5166, BabySpice, ABR

Not voting (3): PeregrineV, Feysal, ManaKu

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 9th at midnight (GMT -5)
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 8:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Katy wrote:Pine is so emotional about this I almost feel he has to be town losing it. I think scum would have dropped it rather than make this point about Icey such a big issue and draw so much attention (and votes).

Untrue. Scum are much more likely to stick by their guns, because it's hard to fake a sincere post where you change your mind.
Soben wrote:Just had an extremely detailed chat with my other head about our reads and he now agrees that ISO #4 by ABR is actually an incredibly strong town-tell, we don't see him openely stating that he has 'multiple killing abilities" as mafia.

I definitely agree with this, especially since S_B doesn't give out fakeclaims.
Bunnylover wrote:
@Everyone: What is with the multiple vote, unvote, vote in the same post?

Read IC's first post.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Beefster »

This.
I agree.

Snow_Bunny wrote:
24- Pine [Healthy] (7) - Zdenek, SGRaaize, IceyCupcake, Amrun, gandalf5166, BabySpice, ABR

We have lots of opportunists here.

Amrun wrote:Mana: Several on-going games (which I am dead in). Possibly a complete one, but I don't remember. I also checked out his meta for another game, and light-heartedness was a trend. I need to check again to see if srs-bsns freak-the-fuck-out face was used as scum.

Katy: How are Pine's huge piles of AtE making you think town?! Does it really matter? It's her opinion. If you have nothing else against Pine, you have a weak case.

Icey: One head?! Which head?! Your heads have different roles? Are you stupid? Hydra heads always have the same role

Soben: Do your heads have different roles?
Comments in ooc. These questions are just awful. Care to ask more relevant questions?
I stand my ground on Amrun.

MOD: Are ooc tags okay? They ARE dark red. If not, g'head and edit them to italics and I won't do it again.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”