B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:33 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

I don't think we should be making these plans in the thread. It's not like the game thread is private to scum, and the more we make a plan, the more they can find a way around it. We're already at a disadvantage to them in terms of information, should we really be giving them more info?
We run and run and run and run and run
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Oh. I didn't think of it that way.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Wait I'm confused. We can lynch and duel?
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #4) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:52 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Ok. I have a couple of questions.

Why has this bandwagon formed so quickly into Day 1? We've been here less than a Day and someone is already at L-5. It may not be a lynch yet, but we're fast approaching it.

Why are we speculating about flavor so much, because that shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's ability to play mafia?

Moreover, I think we shouldn't get starstruck by the duel mechanic. Let's play it cool like a normal game and use the duel if the need for it comes up.

And can I make a request? Less talk about the flavor? I never played this game, and find myself getting lost everyone time someone starts speaking Japanese-English.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (isolation #5) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Gamma, I dislike your jokey first few posts from pages ago. I see you are being cut slack due to the claim, but at the time, the game moved past the non-serious portion. Why did you not bother to help AGM and elvis_knits with their ideas, or express difference to them?

I believe I'm alone in thinking AlmasterGM and elvis_knits had a town on town slapfight. Or I could be falling for the strong, vocal players and putting them as town. I like that they are using their voices and are not afraid or hesitant to speak how they feel. That's the vibe I get, at least. Kind of hate that not a lot of people are taking stances on this.

Magister Ludi's spec talk is very unneeded. It appears I speak for myself, based on reactions to the post I made. Really, if it continues, I'll try my best to keep up but I naturally feel like it's unhelpful, so I'll follow my instincts.

Toasty and Iecerint's votes on Magister are the spots I would expect mafia to attach themselves to on a wagon. I can somewhat keep up and understand flavor talk is unhelpful, but the strong persistence (and 7 votes now) make me doubtful of whether Magister deserves it. Either way, quick votes still put me off to the lynch. I will have to look at TT and Iecerint again in the morning or afternoon tomorrow.

Vi, do you feel as though my uncertainty on the subject of Dynasty Warriors discredits myself partially, entirely, or not at all? Any further explained comment would be appreciated.

DeityKabuto, I don't recall anything of substance coming from you. I see elvis_knits had to correct you in regards to her list of scum, which denotes that you were not paying attention to her posts. You act as a sideline player, shying away from attention for some reason.

At the moment, I will not vote. It would have to go between Deity and CSL/Reaper, but I would first like to see how productive they are once their joint account is activated. I will also wait to explain why I would consider voting them after they are situated, as well.

Juls, I like the part where an elected and most-town player is considered to duel. Put me down in the agree category.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #6) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:58 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Sorry, job interview yesterday didn't get on.

Got a few things to address as I'm reading/re-reading. First, only new to MS, played mafia before, albeit not with this post volume.

Second, I have abstained from voting thus far simply because we have quite awhile till deadline and I don't want to rush into things. My vote is my weapon, I like to keep it close to the vest early in the game.

Third, taking notes and compiling reads. I stand by what I said earlier, though I'm leaning towards Drunken Unicorn Master (CSL and RC). I know I have a low post volume as well, but I find that he isn't contributing much to discussion. He posted a list of reads earlier but beyond that? Nothing. He defended himself against some accusations and that's about it. So I wonder guys, contributing very little intentionally, or because you really have nothing to say? I get it I bet your first defense will be "lol Bastard you're not doing anything either" but I beg to differ. I had some grievances with the way you played pre your joint account, and since you have your joint account those grievances haven't changed.

For the most part I'm noticing a lot of mudslinging with some players accusations, so whether that's a null read or scum read I haven't decided yet. I do know that mudslinging certainly doesn't help us out.

Also I don't know about anyone else, but Vi's posting is distracting. Is this the normal way he posts? I highly doubt it's a post restriction.

Typing as a read by the way so if thoughts are jumbled and stuff, that's stream of thought talking. Just putting down some of the thoughts that have crossed my mind as I read.

I'm satisfied with Deity's answer to my question...

More DUM pre-hydra banter. Why was not having a joint account ready an excuse to pretend to play the game? Weren't you two just as able to play before the hydra as after? Between Reaper and DUM, all but 1 posts are fluff. Mind you this is page 11 at this point.

Elvis, not defending anyone. Just seems like an opportunistic early wagon to me. I don't pretend to know anyone's alignment. It's a fair point that Magister can flip scum.

Just some quick reads that standout to me

Maybe town, elvis, AGM, Juls

Almost maybe scum, Gamma, Magister, iecerint, Toasty, Deity, Vi

Leaning scum, DUM

Uhhh wow. I get the feeling that some players are saying the same things over and over again or going tit for tat. No one stands out as a lot of players are doing it, so maybe a null read

VI. People have VI behavior? I don't see anyone playing like him, or is this a meta thing?

I'm seeing a lot of the same names posting in succession, but again probably just the time of day that this phenomenon has happened. Most likely nothing.

Again, not completely new to mafia, though the heavy flavor and duel mechanic is a first, the latter sounded interesting so I signed up.

I find myself agreeing with some of Redcoyote, especially on his argument on null reads. Never thought of it that way. Why say one player is your number 1 read and vote another? If you think someone is scum at least this early in the phase that's where your vote should be.

I don't understand you DUM. I just notice a couple of votes pile on you and you have nothing to say about it? You don't seem to show any interest in the discussion at all.

Of all the players the one person that sticks out to me is DUM, I'm not satisfied with his posting. Sure, something similar to my activity can be said for me, but I feel I'm playing more than he is. And when I'm setting the bar that low and you still can't reach it, doesn't sit right to me. I'm leaning towards DUM because of his lack of contribution thus far.

Vote: DUM

PREVIWEDIT: 8 new posts. Okay. And people tell me the game isn't moving fast, in my opinion it is.

Instead of attacking Toasty DUM, why not just rectify the reasons he's calling you scum in the first place? That seems like a more productive use of your posting. I don't agree that being a hydra has anything to do with it, but hell you have TWO MINDS behind that account. You should be playing exceptionally well with that extra ability, instead of barely playing until suddenly people accuse you of being scum. With two players on a single account? Really no excuse to fluff.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #7) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Maybe not, but it certainly doesn't mean town either.

What makes me more sure is that you aren't even attempting to contribute even a little bit. You're not defending against the arguments made against you, you're trying to discredit them and to me that's a scum play.

There are two of you in that account and you can't manage to do anything else but fluff? Really?
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (isolation #8) » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Gonna do my thing again as I read. I'm gonna try to log on more often, apologies busy week.

DUM, scum, bad player(s), both? Well at this point, both. Haven't seen anything at this point that shows me any DUM protown play, nor any real play other than fluff. Oh, Village idiot. Gotcha...I also find myself wondering if this post style is normal for Vi? Because if not this style is unhelpful.

DUM wrote:You successfully mislynch us, and I'll guarantee you will be lynched or dueled out tomorrow.

Fear mongering. Now that's anti-town. I don't think it's protown to threaten someone who wants to lynch you with a lynch.

I must have missed it, but what did Armun do to earn 5 votes? Also, wasn't Ludi's supposed scumslip 16 pages ago? Has nothing new been brought to the table against him since then?

Lol. I forgot to delete the word Almost in my "almost maybe scum" list. Oh well, meaning is more or less the same.

Gamma is enforcing a Saturday duel deadline? Good to know. I nominate DUM.

I agree with RC, I have noticed Iecerint post content decrease, but..that's null this early in the game. Something keep in mind for later

Oh big question. Answer? Distracting players is a scum tactic, so I could see the fake PR as having scum motivation. Of course, makes it harder to get a read which town would want to do too, least they become too townie and get night killed.

Is this C-Worl's first post? :(

I still don't see what is wrong with Armun that has him as the leading wagon.

Oh hey, C-Worl's second post and he is arguing with...voices? Other than Vi's town read, when was the last time anyone has addressed him? (Yes I am well aware he has more than two posts, sarcasm)

inHim...lots of fluff posting. Been noticing it. Must go back and look to see when the last time he added actual discussion.

CHRIST KATSUKI!

Deity. Bad vote on elvis, now another bad vote on Katsuki on the same page. Are you saying that elvis recognizing that people want to lynch him makes him scum? And are you also saying that Katsuki wanted a question answered really really really really really really badly and or not learning the proper way to preview said question is scummy? Weak reasoning in my eyes.

Gamma out of nowhere with pressure on Toasty? Why? Almaster with the out of nowhere vote as well? What is going on and why are these out of nowhere votes being allowed?

Oh nice way to NOT stick to your guns DUM. Still voting for another player despite you expressing interest in a Toasty vote. Not sticking to guns = scummy play. Scum don't want to take responsibility for anything.

At least Redcoyote and Armun make good posts before joining the lynch wagon. Still puzzled why everyone ignored Gamma and Almaster jumping on out of nowhere.

Oh DUM conveniently forgot to vote Toasty until now despite having issues with him SEVERAL PAGES AGO. It's only now that people are willing to vote Toasty that DUM is gonna slyly tack on the vote to assure no blood is on his hands. Why are there not more votes on DUM?

Vi...is....not...a...robot? EUREKA! Now, what about this change of heart, why intentionally be diffcult in the first place? Oh, query answered. Gotcha. Using meta to defend self? Unhuh...

Bad bandwagoning followed by bad reasoning from Magister. Why not just say "I'm voting for him because I don't want to be lynched?" It'd be more honest.

Appealing to emotion doesn't make you town Toasty. Up until now your play was good in my opinion. You are coming across as one of those caught for the wrong reasons scum. Been there done that.

Been meaning to ask this. What makes Gamma's duel ability automatically town? Couldn't it just as easily be a scum ability? Why is it being written off so easily.

Alright, I have a few questions for people, and anyone can answer. Why are some things being wrote off and not questioned? Almaster and Gamma came out of left field with their votes. DUM only votes Toasty now that other people are voting Toasty. Gamma has been granted total control of this day phase because he claimed. inHim fluffing? C-Worl fluffing? Deity flip-floping very quickly and both times with bad reasoning. Lots of things I pointed out in this post I pointed out because I felt they were being written off.

I support a Gamma and DUM duel if we're still discussing duel lists.

Quick reads

more confident in a DUM scum read.

Leaning scum Gamma, inHim, and Deity

Maybe scum, C-worl (Needs more posting. Posting less than me!)

Everyone else falls on the town side right now.

Preview: 12 NEW POSTS while writing this! Though had thread opened in another tab so s'all good, got em.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #606 (isolation #9) » Fri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Well that was a general question to everyone else because you are the only person questioning him that I saw, and you are under the gun. When people want to lynch you, your opinion suddenly becomes unimportant and thus, others need to say something on the matter too. Okay, retract the point on Almaster then. I keep coming into lots of posts so not easy to keep track of everything 19 different players say.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #708 (isolation #10) » Sat May 28, 2011 9:46 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Well, that was interesting. I don't have anything to add right this moment, though with the flips (once we get the second one) might change my reads a little. I have a few ideas, but we have a duel on hand right now to take care of first.

Vote: Gamma to win

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”