Newbie 04 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:02 am

Post by Someone »

Sorry guys, I was playing in newbie mafia 4 instead of this one :(

Anyways, time for a claim tehgood?
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:36 am

Post by Someone »

For one thing...I am not more experienced then werebear...I have just been more active since the post count has been reset. And I frankly do not know what's wrong with role-claims, especially on day 1. Day one is usually random in any event. Day two is usually when the real thinking starts.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:29 am

Post by Someone »

Vote:Yggdrasil

I don't like people that try to get my lynched :wink:.

Seriously though, the argument is flawed, for many reasons. And even if it isn't we will find out through the argument that ensues. This is probably the best place for my vote if we want to get discussion going.

There is a number of things wrong with his accusation. For one thing, I was not eager to lynch, I was just trying to get discussion going, as I am doing right now. Secondly, how do you expect a game to continue without someone to push bandwaggons to get information. While a day one towneee lynch is not good for the town, it isn't the end of the world.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:34 pm

Post by Someone »

Werebear, I beg you to retract your deadline. Most people are away for the new year...as you can see in other games on this forum.

Unvote:Yggdrasil

Onwards to the actual game. If I'm not mistaken, there are no docs in this game, so, barring incredible mafia stupidity, you are probably dead tonight. So, revealing your investigation results is probably a good idea.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:04 am

Post by Someone »

Well, in a 7 player game...a cop and a doc seemed a little strong. Besides, an investigation result revealed won't harm the town too much anyways.

Just_niegel to answer your questions, yes, we do get to know the roles of the dead characters, and, according to everyone else, we know for sure that there is a doc.

If our claimed cop is lying, the real cop should come out in order to find the mafia, right? Although that is a possibility, we can also get him not to reveal and reveal tomorrow in order to get an investigation result. However, I strongly doubt that Yggdrasil is lying because it isn't a very smart thing to do as mafia.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:36 am

Post by Someone »

OK with one day left we basically have to decide if a random lynch or a no lynch is better. With 6 possibilities we have a 2/6 or a 1/3 chance of catching a baddie. If no lynch we'll have 5 people left to choose from. I'm not sure what to do. Sugar?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:00 pm

Post by Someone »

If I read this right, Someone didn't vote to lynch.

Does that proove Someone isn't the maffia?
No because if Someone is the maffia, they didn't need to vote. The townies had already done a good enough job of knocked off one of their own - ooops

hmmm, which is why I am also suspicious of Spoon
So you're suspicious of me for not doing something that would be bad for that town. There's always going to be somebody that doesn't vote in a lynch, because there are only a certain number of votes to lynch.

Basically, your argument boils down to, you're doing something good for the town just to make yourself not seem like mafia...isn't it possible to do something good for the town because you want the town to win?

Before anyone votes, I would like to hear something from Spoon, so no votes yet please. (Yes, I know this has already sort of been said, but it's so important that I say it twice.)
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:16 am

Post by Someone »

OK with one day left we basically have to decide if a random lynch or a no lynch is better. With 6 possibilities we have a 2/6 or a 1/3 chance of catching a baddie. If no lynch we'll have 5 people left to choose from. I'm not sure what to do. Sugar?

Someone does not recognize that a no lynch would be very bad for the town. The wording of his post (which looks only at the probabilities of catching a scum) makes no lynch sound like a better idea that random lynching day 1, which defintiely makes him more suspicious to me.
I don't see that as slanting the facts any, make of it what you may. I was just stating the facts.

Now, the town is asking me who I find suspicious. Frankly, I don't really find many people suspicious right now. At the top of my list would be just_nigel, but none of them has posted nearly enough to pick out anything of substance to denounce him. I'm also inclined to vote spoon because if he was mafia, no one would know, because he hasn't been posting. Just_nigel is most suspicious right now to me, if you want something concrete, but I would struggle to say why.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:53 am

Post by Someone »

Just one problem...you didn't bold it. I'll follow suit though and say
Vote:Phoebus
. I hope we're right about this...
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #90 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Someone »

Guys, Pheobus is scum. It's either that, or me and just_niegel. Because, if either of us+pheobus are innocent the last mafia would have put on the last vote by now. So...Yggdrasil...you think it's more likely that Pheobus is scum than me and just_niegel, right? So, Vote Phoebus!!
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:06 pm

Post by Someone »

Oh, that's right....well that sucks :P
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 am

Post by Someone »

Ok, I feel fairly confident that Just niegel is not scum, because he was clearly inactive the whole night. Unless you have something to say, Smoke Bandit, my vote is on you.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Someone »

I've seen a lot of posts where Just Nigel places himself with yggdrasil. This could be scum trying to latch on to somebody that they know who maybe is pro town, but it could also be town recognizing fellow townie.

Can you re-explain your self Smoke Bandit? I don't see how this has any bearing on whether Just_Niegel is mafia or not.(why do I keep wanting to put an underscore under his name???) Voting in a block with a confirmed innocent is certainly not scummish behaviour. You could say that he was trying to act like a townee...but wouldn't a townee act like a townee?

Furthermore, no offence to Just Niegel or anything, but he is a "newbie"(Hence the term newbie games) and I honestly can't see a newbie tricking the town so well.

Now, suppose I'm wrong, and just niegel was making an elaborate ruse to throw us all off the scent, you still can't explain the fact that the MOD stated that Just Niegel was NOT HERE from January 13 to AFTER the mafia made his kill.

I'm feeling very confident that just niegel is innocent. I know nothing about Smoke Bandit. I must again impose the threat of my vote
Super fos that may soon turn in to a vote:Smoke Bandit.
Post or die scum! (I always wanted to say that):P
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:33 am

Post by Someone »

Ok, my suspicions stay. I am going away for a period of two days (until Sunday evening). Unless I find somewhere to log on, I will not be posting. For this game not to die, I will
Vote: Smoke_bandit
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #106 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:37 am

Post by Someone »

Vote: Smoke_Bandit

Hopefully this works
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #109 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Someone »

I'm back, and ready to roll. I can't really do anything until you post, Just_niegel, so please do so soon.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #111 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:19 am

Post by Someone »

Finally...we won.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #121 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:52 am

Post by Someone »

Was posting in Mafia 5 a ploy to make you seem innocent? You were the most scummy to me throughout the whole game, but I was almost positive you were town since a mafia would undoubtedly notice that his mafia partner was missing if he were posting in the wrong game.
Nope: A strategy that I employ is to essentially "forget" that you're in the mafia in the day, so that you make posts less mafia-like. I made a couple posts in that before thinking...wait, aren't I in a mafia with pheobus. Although I didn't even realise it until the mod prodded me....

Anyways, I was going to side with spoon to off you, because I knew you knew i was mafia. However, with a replacement, I didn't want to take my chances. I was going to play the...should a lurker win the whole game card too....but when Smoke_bandit came up that plan evaporated.

Anyhow, Good Game to everyone. It was a game that was riddled by mistakes on both sides, but fun nonetheless.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”