Newbie 1103: Just Another Chaotic Town (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Meransiel wrote:No, you daft,

Well that's just immature.
Meransiel wrote:I hate Scumhunter's style as much as you do, and you're voting me for it!

Okay. I put a vote on you because you put L-1 one someone so early and because I did not agree with your explanation and with what you said about the person who would vote after you. It was not necessarily because of YOUR reason for voting Scumhunter. Are you upset that my vote is still on you? I said earlier that I'm not sure it should be there anymore. I ALSO said earlier that I don't give out votes easily and that I haven't found anyone else to vote for yet. If people bring you to L-1 with reasons I felt were unjust I'd take off my vote.
Meransiel wrote:God, I swear if you misunderstand on purpose what I say again, I'm replacing out.

I never misunderstood you ON PURPOSE before so this would not be "again".
I'm not trying to antagonize you at all. I don't want that. I already said that. I'm not confrontational... and supposedly I'm rather congenial ;) From now on when you read what I'm writing, imagine it being said in the friendliest way possible.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.10
Staeg (4) - FireStorm, Thor665, Scumhunter, Elsa von Spielburg

Meransiel (1) - TripMyWire
Miss JJ (1) - Staeg
TripMyWire (1) - Miss JJ

Not Voting (2) - Quilford, Meransiel

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Mod Notes

Quilford is V/LA May 16-19
TripMyWire has limited access May 18-19
Last edited by Equinox on Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Staeg »

Meransiel wrote:@Staeg: Not scumhunting and telling us we're "doing it wrong" were things Scumhunter was doing BEFORE you said you don't think he's scum.
So basically your suspicion on Scumhunter is omgus.
And your case on Miss is bad too.

He had tons of possibilities to redeem himself.
Er...no.
Okay...? Why?

@everyone who posted, answer the question in 245, please.
Last edited by Equinox on Wed May 18, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Staeg »

Can mod fix the ugly quote tags? Pwease?

Done. (Equinox)
sa vrede?
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Staeg wrote:@everyone except Thor: if Thor, for whatever reason, would get Modkilled (not suggesting this) and flipped scum, would you change your view on me?

Yes. I would find it highly unlikely scum would bus his buddy this hard in the beginning so you would consequentially look fairly town.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Quilford »

This game is stagnating. Staeg is most likely scum; his vote on Scumhunter was terribad, his pointers here to Scumhunter give me bad mojo, he asks to be replaced when he's getting run up, his first reads post of the game (at L-1 I think) is not comprehensive, he votes Miss JJ for a terrible reason which doesn't take into account the rest of her play, he says he doesn't have a stronger scumread than Miss JJ when this post states otherwise and at the time of the post linked he wasn't voting his strongest scumread.

Ergo:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Staeg

If Staeg flips town, heavy suspicion goes to Scumhunter.

If he flips scum, heavy suspicion goes to one of the people he listed as null in his reads post here, because that's usually a very good newbscum tell.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Quilford »

Elsa von Spielburg wrote:
Staeg wrote:@everyone except Thor: if Thor, for whatever reason, would get Modkilled (not suggesting this) and flipped scum, would you change your view on me?

Yes. I would find it highly unlikely scum would bus his buddy this hard in the beginning so you would consequentially look fairly town.

I share this opinion.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.11
Staeg (5) - FireStorm, Thor665, Scumhunter, Elsa von Spielburg, Quilford

Meransiel (1) - TripMyWire
Miss JJ (1) - Staeg
TripMyWire (1) - Miss JJ

Not Voting (1) - Meransiel

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).[/area]
Mod Notes

Quilford is V/LA May 16-19
TripMyWire has limited access May 18-19
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

The angry shouts reverberated throughout the chamber. The din was so great that the townspeople outside could hear the various colorful curses being thrown about, and they had to chase their children away for fear of their tongues catching the coarse language. Old friendships between the elders were quickly forgotten as they interrogated each other, sniffing out the scumbags among them. Any outside observer would have pointed out to these wise folk that murder was a matter for the police to handle, but, for the town elders, that was hardly an option. The police were likely corrupted by the mafia's influence at this point, anyway.

It didn't take too long for five of the elders to come to a consensus. In fact, it was barely lunch time when they had decided that Staeg had the motive to kill their eldest. Normally, Staeg would have gone through the town's justice system, but time was of the essence; they did not have the luxury of waiting for bureaucracy to turn its cogs. The elders decided to take matters into their hands completely. The people in that chamber would serve as accused, jury, and executioner, all in one and by democratic vote. It was only fair...

A noose was fashioned. There was a little trouble at first finding a place from which to hang it, but the stag's head that was attached to the wall above the double doors seemed like as good a place as any. They forced Staeg's head through the rope and then waited. Minutes passed. They became a little uncomfortable as Staeg continued to swing back and forth like a pendulum, never reaching into his pocket for a gun or some other mafia-like object. His twitching became increasingly disturbing. They were so focused on Staeg that they never noticed the wall cracking above them.

The stag's head came tumbling down to the ground, unable to bear the weight of a twitching and gagging Staeg. Staeg died of blunt force trauma to the head, which appeared to be from the stag's head somehow (and mercifully) hitting him there.

Staeg,
townie
, was lynched on Day 1!

Night 1 begins now. The deadline is Sunday, May 22, 2011, at 1:28 AM EDT (UTC-4).
Last edited by Equinox on Tue May 24, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Equinox »

The sun rose on a beautiful day, complete with chirping birds and fresh dew. The weather was not too terrible, either; there were only a couple of small, fluffy clouds in the sky, and the temperature was cool enough that no one suffered overly much with a sweater. The elders were able to tell all of this from inside their chamber because of the great hole in the wall caused by the falling Staeg. They had planned on keeping the proceedings of this impromptu elders' meeting a secret, but the brand new window was going to make that difficult. They were not willing to move into the murdered elder's room, so the first item on the day's agenda was thus decided: They would carry out today's meeting as usual.

Things were decided in this council by majority, so they did not realize that they were missing a body until after the first vote had been made. The elders split up and searched the compound. It did not take them long to find Miss JJ's body, which had been unceremoniously stuffed in the cupboard in the senior elder's room. The mystery was how Miss JJ had managed to get inside in the first place, since the room had been locked immediately after the elders' investigation. Someone raised the theory that perhaps the murderer was hidden in the room all along, but then it was pointed out that the nine of them were the only ones to have entered the building since yesterday.

The locked room mystery was not their concern, however. They needed to find the murderer first.

Miss JJ,
townie
, was killed on Night 1!

Day 2 begins now.

Vote Count 2.00
Not Voting (7) - Elsa von Spielburg, FireStorm, Meransiel, Quilford, Scumhunter, Thor665, TripMyWire

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, June 12, 2011, at 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-4).
Last edited by Equinox on Tue May 24, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: Scumhunter

Let's start off the day with a bang.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Quilford, I see you said if Staeg flips town heavy suspicion to me and you certainly are following through with that with a vote...What can I do to change your mind?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Meransiel »

It's kind of your job to figure that out tbh.

But a list of updated reads would be real nice.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Meransiel

Let's see, what sort of explanation would make the other players run around screaming in circles the most?
Oh, I know!

My case is: because I have a town read on Trip. Huzzah!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Meransiel »

Could you sorta...um...expand on that?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Are you saying you look too much like obv. town for me to be voting you?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Meransiel »

Nope. Just curious 'bout the actual reasoning behind the vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

So why aren't you voting yet?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Meransiel »

Because last time I voted Scumhunter everyone was like ohnoez.

Also I'm waiting for the rest of the people to post.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:44 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ah, what the fuck. I'd do anything to steer discussion.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:45 am

Post by Meransiel »

Vote: Scumhunter
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 am

Post by TripMyWire »

My suspicion remains with Scumhunter.

...and somewhat with Firestorm. I'm wary of lurkers. He was absent for the last four pages or so (over 48 hours before the night started), completely missed out on the Staeg party (hehe), admits to not having interest in this game because he's playing elsewhere (thanks bud, how nice of you), has pretty much posted no content at all over the whole course of the game, and I'll be super annoyed if he turns out to be scum in the end. Also, his first post says "Sooooooo, this is a bit quiet, anybody want to claim mafia? Please?" HE tells US it's quiet?! ;) Unfortunately, I don't have any good reasons to think he's scum... he's just not active. If he doesn't post for another 48 hours can we seek a replacement? What does everyone else think?

Thor665 wrote:My case is: because I have a town read on Trip. Huzzah!

So is this process of elimination or is it because of the squabbles we were having? Or both?

Is it worth discussing why Miss JJ was targeted? Or will it just lead to WIFOM speculation?

Meransiel, are we cool now?
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Meransiel »

Yeah, we're cool. Also, agreed. We simply can't figure out if Firestorm's scum or not cause the way he acts is not indicative of anything. So yes, moving in for a replace.

Miss JJ as a night kill strikes me as...odd. Actually not odd as much as totally random. I mean, she seemed fairly town, to me at least, but there seem to be better targets nonetheless. Thor, Quilford...but it never even crossed our mind to lynch her, so that could've been relevant enough. I don't think the night kill reveals much, no, and that is probably the desired effect.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I'll post something when I get a chance.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

TripMyWire wrote:So is this process of elimination or is it because of the squabbles we were having? Or both?

I found your squabbles boring and not very enlightening. Process of elimination is much closer to the truth. You should vote him.

TripMyWire wrote:Is it worth discussing why Miss JJ was targeted? Or will it just lead to WIFOM speculation?

If you think it will help - go for it. If you don't. don't.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”