LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Shadow Dancer wrote:@LC: How is your ability impossibe to confirm. The neighborhood part is easily confirmed. And I think there are ways to confirm comunication with dead players. Nothing confirms your alignent, though.
What I ask myself: Who would motivate Gandalf after his D1 stunt?
Does any one want to claim to have been motivated tonight?

The neighborhood part yes.

@Dekes
I hadn't questioned gandalf's claim because his redirecting me would explain why my action failed. Though it is a little odd that he just happened to redirect me to a kill.

@All

Anyone want information from a dead townie before I die? I can still use my super.

@Gemini

Thanatos is as much a Greek god as Iris or Asclepius.
I'm a talking computer.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I apologize if I'm missing something, but from what I can tell, nothing night-action-wise actually points to LC-scum.

Gandalf redirected LC to Axel, who died.
However, Chesskid claims to have RBed LC anyway, so that means that LC isn't the killer.
Iece got a result of "Shiva, the Destroyer" on LC. However, Iece's results are questionable at best.

Am I missing anything?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

My result was on Chronopie, not LC.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by quadz08 »

... I have been so bad at this in this game for some reason.

K. Iece's result was on Chronopie, who is a confirmed DV-giver. It's possible that's a Shiva power (multiple limbs and all that), but... it seems unlikely, based on who's been receiving the DVs.

My point yet stands about LC, it's just slightly weakened. The first two points were the important ones anyway.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by ooba »

The best place to start hunting for the last(?) egyptian would be the L2 votes after the treestump of Quadz

mothrax - ooba, Agar, Dekes, Iece
Axel - MoI, gandalf, SD, Gemini, LC
Agar - AlGM
LC - chess

- I am looking at those who chose the Axel wagon over the mothrax wagon.
- chess and AlGM would have probably jumped on the Axel wagon instead of going random wagon on somebody else since mothrax was the counterwagon.
- I am eliminating gandalf, SD since they are obv town. Would have eliminated Gemini too due to my town read on her but "We asked Andy if we could vote No Lynch for a second lynch" looks suspicious to me.
- Also added Chronopie .. He didn't play at all close to the wagon and this post in particular seems scummy .. Boosting up the 1vs1 on chessVsMothrax roleblocking and implicating chess for an "on-death" power

Therefore last Egyptian should be in {MoI, LC, Gemini, Chrono} if I am not mistaken

Will review earlier play to narrow it down. Will also hunt for the norse(?) trio.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Dekes wrote:Gandalf has way too many shenanigans going on. And I don't like the persistence that he wanted to be checked out by Iece several times. Smells rather of godfatherism than confirming Iece's role. If it weren't for the execution on Day 1, I'd vote you over LC. However, if you're right, congrats.

I got a thought tonight: What if Iec is in fact
insane
, i.e. if he targets scum he gets a greek result. Going by the theory that scum got elaborate fake claims he could as well receive their fake claims as role name - I only doubt that scum Gand would know about this mechanism.

Dekes wrote:And, gandalf, what reason exactly did you have for withholding the info about your additional redirect of SD yesterday? IIRC, you already were a claimed redirector by then. Would've saved us a lot of unnecessary discussion.

QFT.

I wonder why you don't even mention my full claim with one sigle word, Dekes.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Charon wrote:Ask and ye shall receive a votecount.

Vote Count

LordChronos [4]
- AlmasterGM, ooba, AGar, gandalf5166

Not Voting [8]
- Chronopie, Shadow Dancer, Iecerint, Dekes, Gemini, MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, chesskid3

With 12 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Saturday, June 4th, 2011, 10:00PM PST.

Obviously neither me nor any one else got a double vote... I did not block Pie. Did you,
Chess
(bolded so he realizes I'm talking to him)?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

chesskid3 wrote:I blocked lc. Votes off plz? Though only 1 death shrug

Oh, Ok... I see. Either some one is lying or there's a yet unknown scum RB hiding somewhere...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AlmasterGM wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:I blocked lc. Votes off plz? Though only 1 death shrug

But somehow the kill still gets redirected to that rando? Wut?

Yes. Things start to get interesting. If we have to start to lynch somewhere I would like to start with chess over Chronos any time, though.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

LC, could you elaborate a bit more on the flavour of your role and powers?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:30 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yay, so we have a confirmed roleblocker in the game and there just happens to be one already claimed........ HOWS ABOUT WE LYNCH CHESS AND THEN KILL LC

And I can't even remember why I didn't want to reveal the extra redirect. I guess I didn't want to reveal that there was a motivator?.....
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:48 am

Post by LordChronos »

Shadow Dancer wrote:LC, could you elaborate a bit more on the flavour of your role and powers?

Flavor of role is that I personify death and am used to seeing it. I assist in running the Underworld. I am afraid of the deicide going on here becuase it might bring death to me.

Flavor on powers is basically just saying I can whisper a target at night to talk to them.

@gandalf

Why kill me if chess roleblocked me as well as you redirecting me?
I'm a talking computer.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:09 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Because chess DIDNT roleblock you. He blocked Chrono.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Iecerint’s regular looks to be either Insane or Paranoid. At this juncture we don’t have enough evidence to conclude fully on either. I don’t think it is very likely that Iec’s normal has fluctuating sanity. If it does it is entirely useless.

If we are in a Single Mafia set-up I very much suspect that the additional kill N1 was due to a Super use. That would point to Dekes and Snow Bunny as the possible sources.

@ooba
– Is the use of your super the reason why you are so sure we are in a multiple scum set-up with Norse Mafia as the second faction? Otherwise I believe you are jumping to strongly unsupported conclusions at this stage.

--

Iec wrote:@ MoI -- I am in possession of a quite (very? i suppose it may be very?) useful item, but it is not one that is used in the way you describe (i.e. to replace a night action).

@Iec
– my understanding is that you cannot use said item and your Normal power in the same Night. I may wrong about that. I know I can't pass an already created item and forge in the same Night. I will check with Charon to directly confirm my understanding.

Now that I have confirmed I was not blocked I am going to be expanding my claim as its obvious what my active power is.

I’m Hephaestus, Greek God of Technology, Blacksmiths, and Volcanoes.

My active ability is Forge – I can use one of 5 plans each Night to make something. I either can pass it on (without knowing what it does) or keep it to learn what it does. I can pass on completed items I keep or use them myself on a later Night.

I’m Hated because I am incredibly ugly (even thought I have a smoking hot wife).

@Iec
– I’m assuming the item I sent you is a Vig. If not please let me know what it does.

--

Shadow wrote:Another possinility for the lack of kills tonight is that egyptian scum team was eliminated. What is the normal number of scum in a game this size? 3/3 seems pretty hard for town to me.

Disagree that 3/3 would not be viable.

1. Crosskill possibilities have shown multi-scum to fall into the higher end of the ‘acceptable’ scum percentages.
2. Lots of Town power (everyone has some sorts of Power) would also indicate a 3/3 team in multi-scum.
3. Acceptable range is 25 to 33% normal. Which translates to 5 to 7 (rounding). I’d guess at least 6 anti-Town roles due to non-vanilla setup.

Shadow wrote:Oh, Ok... I see. Either some one is lying or there's a yet unknown scum RB hiding somewhere...

I highly doubt there are any other Role-blockers floating around in the set-up.

In case I missed it … who did you Jail last Night?

--

AGM wrote:I don't like you fence sitting on CONFIRMED SCUM. Think about it? What is there to "think about?"

Well obviously since Chesskid has come out and claimed role-blocking LC it stands to reason that in a PR rich environment jumping on the first “Hey, he’s scum based on this Night action” isn’t wise. We need to decide whether we think any of the conflicting claims are not valid.

You know this AGM. You aren’t a dummy.

AGM wrote:But somehow the kill still gets redirected to that rando? Wut?

And how do you know again that the kill didn’t target Axel in the first place for certain?

--

Gandalf wrote:The one thing that makes me wonder about Iec is that he's not dead........

Um, whut? We have a claimed Doctor. Why aren’t you wondering why he isn’t dead as opposed to the Cop who would be the obv Protection target?

--

Dekes wrote:LC's lack of votes so far is disturbingly telling. He's more concerned about survival (understandable if he's town), but calling out nobody on his wagon, not even the slightest of suspicion against gandalf's claim? Come on.

Don’t like this
ONE BIT

1. If he was playing in a survivalistic manner he would be pressing hard on someone on his wagon. Instead he is answering questions in a controlled manner.
2. Gandalf’s claim would properly explain why his claimed normal Whispher failed even without Chesskid’s claim. Saying he should be suspicious of Gandalf because of it is horrible logic.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:07 am

Post by LordChronos »

gandalf5166 wrote:Because chess DIDNT roleblock you. He blocked Chrono.

He said he blocked LC. Is LC an abbreviation for Chronopie now?
I'm a talking computer.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

No. I'm saying that what he said and what he did are two different things, because HES SCUM.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Magna wrote:In case I missed it … who did you Jail last Night?

I jailed neither Pie nor LC nor Gand... This is where at least one of these and Chess is very likely lying.
Snow as a huntress could have had a killing super.
Dekes - I already said he should adress this matter.
Hepheistos inventor was Snow's role in Greek Mythology :D

Gand, if you are sure that Chess is scum (backing up LC buddy), why aren't you voting for Chess now? No matter how you look at things, Chess is right now more likely scum than Chronos!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I didn't switch my vote in 1735..... That was an accident.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Chesskid
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 am

@EVERYONE
– What do you think of the following theory –

That Conspiracy’s claim and very self-sacrificing play was a gambit designed to buy Chesskid Town cred since a claimed Role-blocker flipping Scum would bolster his claim?

--

Shadow wrote:I jailed neither Pie nor LC nor Gand... This is where at least one of these and Chess is very likely lying.

If we are indeed in multi-scum it may be worthwhile to make sure you N2 protect doesn’t get lost (as it may give important information down the line).

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:16 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I don't think that's likely, as it's clear that chess and LC are scumbuddies and 4 scum trams sound like a bit much.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:25 am

gandalf5166 wrote:I don't think that's likely, as it's clear that chess and LC are scumbuddies and 4 scum trams sound like a bit much.

The point ... you missed it.

The point was that Conspiracy FAKE-claimed being a Role-blocker (since he was very likely going down anyway due to Mothrax's play) so as to bolster Chesskid's claim when he flipped scum. Remember ... we don't get ability flips so we can't be certain Conspiracy was truthful with his ability claim.

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

What IM saying is that if chess and CS were scumbuddies, then LC and chess can't be.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 am

gandalf5166 wrote:What IM saying is that if chess and CS were scumbuddies, then LC and chess can't be.

Why?

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:44 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Because then there would be 4 person scumteams........ I don't get what is so hard about this logic.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 am

gandalf5166 wrote:Because then there would be 4 person scumteams........ I don't get what is so hard about this logic.

The fact that there is no guarantee at this juncture of multi-scum?

The fact that you are accepting as fact something that from a Town perspective is speculation is hard for me to wrap my head around.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”