Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Amrun »

Is this a joke or did you actually kill Pine?

P-edit: i see, gandalf. I thought passive abilities counted in that end of phase thing.

I won't participate in the claiming plan until we know the consequences.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

SGRaaize wrote:Why does it matter where the ability came from? What matters is it works.

Because where it comes from is related to how it works. And if it works differently than we think it does, we're screwed.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

SGRaaize wrote:Why does it matter where the ability came from? What matters is it works.

Town mindset. I like.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Amrun wrote:Is this a joke or did you actually kill Pine?

P-edit: i see, gandalf. I thought passive abilities counted in that end of phase thing.

I won't participate in the claiming plan until we know the consequences.

HERP DERP I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET BACK TO ME UNTIL YOU STARTED USING YOUR BRAIN.

OR IS IT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ONE???
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:24 am

Post by SGRaaize »

gandalf5166 wrote:

Because where it comes from is related to how it works. And if it works differently than we think it does, we're screwed.

The only way I see the ability hurting us is if its some kind of Serial Killer who wins if he kills X people because they claimed.
That would be a pretty unfair role to play.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 am

Post by chesskid3 »

so jjust dont claim jesus
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 am

Post by LimMePls »

Amrun wrote:It won't work because townies are bound not to claim and/or argue about why this plan isn't good.

Such resistance to an obviously pro-town plan would be grounds for lynching. No townie should resist that.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mod wrote:Actually, two advices from your friendly mod. First, though you can paraphrase your role pm and make a claim, it is not advised to do so.

If that was the rule then Pine was NOT mod killed!
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 am

Post by LimMePls »

SGRaaize wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:

The only way I see the ability hurting us is if its some kind of Serial Killer who wins if he kills X people because they claimed.

S_B is pretty explicit about not playing "out guess the mod". Something about "you will lose and it will be hilarious". Therefore I do not accept the notion of "that would be a pretty unfair role".

V/LA on weekends
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:36 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Dude that obviously wasn't a modkill, seriously.

Also, if scum get unlimited kills based on claims, then all they'll do if we adopt the 'claim or lynch' strategy is to not do anything, then kill like 6 people on day 4 or something.

Overall, no fucking claiming seems like a solid rule.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Amrun »

SGR, condescending cupcake seems to be implying such a role.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Dry-fit »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Dryfit wrote:Not seeing the case on Pine at all.

Not saying you're scummy or anything for it, but I'm curious as to whether you've genuinely read the last 2 pages.

Indeed I had, although I guess it doesn't really matter now.

IceyCupcake wrote:What does everyone think of RBT?

Doesn't look good. Comes in only to defend himself, no suspects at all.

Would really like to hear more from SnakePlissken, not liking his contribution so far.

SGRaaize wrote:
Dry-fit wrote:
SGRaaize wrote: or just bullshit reasoning to justify when A) The BW ends up being on Town B) The BW ends up going nowhere and people start suspecting everyone involved (Dry-fit)

Wow way to attack me without even answering my question.

I answered your question, I always take time to change votes, its a meta from me, I even gave you links to the past games where I do that.

You answered it but not until a while after making this attack.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

CryMeARiver wrote:Oh, and selfvoting, or the threat of it, is never a town thing to do. Never.

And I forgot a vote:
Vote: Pine

Red alert!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Actually, I answered your question way before I made the attack, right below your post questioning that
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Amrun wrote:SGR, condescending cupcake seems to be implying such a role.

IceyCupcake is obviously joking, Pine was afraid of Icey being able to murder everyone that voted him or some crap like that.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 am

Post by SGRaaize »

LynchMePls wrote:
SGRaaize wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:

S_B is pretty explicit about not playing "out guess the mod". Something about "you will lose and it will be hilarious". Therefore I do not accept the notion of "that would be a pretty unfair role".

Its not out-guessing the mod, I am not out-guessing the mod by saying he didn't make a role that is almost impossible to win with and not fun to play as.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:27 am

Post by SGRaaize »

IceyCupcake wrote:Also, if scum get unlimited kills based on claims, then all they'll do if we adopt the 'claim or lynch' strategy is to not do anything, then kill like 6 people on day 4 or something.

Overall, no fucking claiming seems like a solid rule.

Fair enough, back to scumhuntan, then
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am

Post by LimMePls »

Ugh, I'm not getting into another semantic argument with you, you're probably town.

I just don't accept your premise.

In other news

Vote: Beefster

V/LA on weekends
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:31 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I went from having two Main FoSes to having no FoSes in less than three hours.
Gonna vote the next best thing:

Vote: Implosion
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 am

Post by SGRaaize »

^: Forgot to justify:

1) Voting Soben at the start of D1 before he even posted to Hydra-hunt (What?)

2) Changing his town-tell on Gandalf to a scum-tell for, basically, very mediocre reasoning (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3064825)
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Soben »

Alright, there's a bulk of new content in the thread since I've last read through properly, I should have it all read within an hour. I'm going to ask that you attempt to ignore my other side of the heads blatantly trolling remarks, he seems to gain happiness by annoying myself.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Don't know what the fuck is going on, disappointed chesskid is alive, and I told you that Pine was town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Beefster »

LynchMePls wrote:This is a lie. Quote my vote on you.
Heh. My bad. I could've sworn you shifted your vote to me. Either way, I'm second on your scum list.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Don't know what the fuck is going on, disappointed chesskid is alive, and I told you that Pine was town.

hey screw you man
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Zdenek »

The Amrun - Beefster argument is making me crazy because they both strike me as scummy. On the one hand I see Beefster pushing one bad argument after another, and on the other hand I see Amrun caring about pointless things, failing to think about things, and her stance on the breaking the game strategy reads as scummy to me. Instead of being direct and game related, Amrun tries to appeal to emotion to get us to not use claiming - kill strategy.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that the game is broken, so I am opposed to the idea that we use it to kill off scummy players before finding one it fails on and then lynching him, but if there are competing wagons it could be used like a day-vig.
------
WrathChild wrote:
Also, someone asked me to comment on a Katy slip. I didn't respond because I've never seen past renditions of this game and don't concern myself with flavor for much more than entertainment and still don't really get what the "slip" is supposed to imply.

This reads like a confession that he's not reading the thread, and doesn't really care to figure out what people are saying.

Here is what I haven't liked about SnakePl and why he earned my placeholder vote:
The first thing was his complaining about people posting with caps-locked while otherwise contributing little.

Then there was this post:
SnakePl wrote:
Im back, I need to read back properly (Ive skimmed thus far) but Pine's claim for self voting is horrible. I learned my lesson from that, I don't care what situation you are in self voting is scummy whether you are town or not. Im trying to find an up to date vote count as I don't want to move my vote to Pine if he's a L-1 and get into the whole Whoops Hammer debacle. Especiallyas there's plenty of time in this phase to be getting more discussion going. Didn't we learn anything from the last game about speed lynching?

I don't like that it ignored Pine's claim (although looking at this again, he could have missed is, since he was skimming). However, I also don't like the willingness to vote him expressed here, since at best it comes after a reread that that missed the most important event surrounding Pine. Then it closes with pro-town fluff.

IceyC wrote:
What does everyone think of RBT?

Not enough content there to say yet, but I guess that is a bad thing in and of itself.

SGR wrote:
That's funny, considering you RVS'd after both of the posts you quoted on Gandalf. Or was that a serious vote?

I went to the last page of the thread, looked up, found something obvious to randomly vote on and then went to read the thread from the start.

SGR wrote:
Theoretically, didn't we just find a way to auto-win this game?
Instead of us actually vote-lynching people, we say "Vote: XXX", if there's a majority, that person is forced to claim his role and be killed.

Breaking the game for the town mindset = town.

I'm leaving my vote where it is.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”