Mini 1170: Nowhereville Mafia '11- Over!

The Kool
The Kool
Townie
The Kool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by The Kool »

I do find him mildly suspicious, but I wasn't finding Quinn suspicious. Though maybe that was because I was being hopelessly naive. I'll go back and read through him tonight.
Show
I'm totally an innocent townsperson. See? It says so right under my name!
What? It doesn't anymore? Curse you post total! *shakefist*

Beck:
I'm a hydra with myself

W/L/0

Town - 0/0/0
Mafia - 0/0/0
Other - 0/0/0
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by PJ. »

Panzerjager wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that Quinnster replaced out because he was caught scum, this happens quite often.
Sorry earworm, but your predecessor has screwed you.
Earworm can't answer for things that quinnster's done and the replacement has effectively left us in a situation where the correct play is to lynch earworm

The italics doesn't make the bold untrue. Earworm is still the play.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Kalofer, this post. Why are you giving Elfen a pass just because he's brand new?

Defensive much? It's very scummy not to explain yourself, you know. (Also Kalofer.)

Elfen, do you not get that your not voting on Day One deprives the town of information that it really needs to have
before
Day Two? (And I see this was handled ably here.) Let's see if an answer appears!

Espeonage wrote:For the sake of my sanity. Who isn't just out of newbies?

That would be me.

Agree with Espe; Elfen is (almost totally) confirmed town. Moving on.

SleepyKrew, I think Elfen's far too new to try anything like that. (No offense, Elfen, but I firmly believe this.)

FoS: Kalofer

I'd love to go further, but it's 3am and I need to sleep (again). More tomorrow.

Top of page 7.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:33 am

Post by CooLskins »

Elfen wrote:@ CS, would you mind posting you suspicions to from the past 48 hours and tell why? If you don't mind :p

Yes I can. But here is the deal I can only speak for my (CooLDoG's) part of the hydra. Bub has some different reads then me so this will most likly be in two parts.

los:
Quinster/earworm- Role fishy fishy, horrific reactions to votes, pathetic replace out, and out right refusal to answer questions (ear's first post), then a slight back-track about it later.

The Kool- mostly made from my other heads convincing. I know find him scummy after an iso/ re-read of him. reasons: No scum hunting at all. No effort put into finding scum. Bad reactions to votes. Scum motivation for posts. And lack of a definitive position (always going with the flow/ never makes up his onw mind)

and if you force me to name a scum team right now I would have to say kal.
Partly
Mostly based on gut (I still find him net to slightly scummy right now). Also his early claim is kinda weird, and some of his earlier posts aren't that good. This is not a strong read at all.

so for me I would like ether a kool or a earworm lynch.
The epic hydra combination that never should have happened.
The Kool
The Kool
Townie
The Kool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:31 am

Post by The Kool »

CooLskins wrote:The Kool- mostly made from my other heads convincing. I know find him scummy after an iso/ re-read of him. reasons: No scum hunting at all. No effort put into finding scum. Bad reactions to votes. Scum motivation for posts. And lack of a definitive position (always going with the flow/ never makes up his onw mind)

Yes, I got a very bad start to this game. I'm actually starting to enjoy it now that I'm getting into the pace of things here, though.

And now, my promised Quinn/Ear read.

I was gonna say Quinn/Ear looked town to me, until I found this blatant contradiction. From there it just went downhill.
Quinnster wrote:Right now, it takes 7 to lynch. I'd worry if you were putting on the 4th or 5th. Nobody is going to poop their pants over a random vote, and if it started a bandwagon, you could still remove yourself. I always just assumed RVS was a part of the game, it gets things started.

Quinnster wrote:I don't believe there are yet, but I do believe that real discussion has started. Do I disagree with the pressure against elfen? No, I think he has some explaining to do.
I just don't want to misplace my vote right now.
Apologies if that seems like I'm trying to get everyone else to unvote. I'm really interested in this elfen/sleepykrew argument, especially with Necessary Evil's quick interjections. I understand trying to stir the pot, but he could be more specific.

In the second post, he was doing the EXACT SAME THING he was getting on my case about with the first.

Quinnster wrote:However, where I differ is that I believe Elfen to be unreadable at this point. If he had more experience and was playing this way, I'd call him scum right off, but right now he seems desperate. It's really hard to get a read on a desperate person, as they're grasping for straws in the same way scum without valid reasoning do. We've backed him into a corner and seen that he caves a bit under pressure. Good, now we know, let's move on.

It seems he was one of the ones to really advocate the backing off of Elfen, though oddly enough this was AFTER people had already backed off, and he didn't even say he was town. All he said was "He's desperate, okay, move on," as if mafia aren't far more likely to get desperate than townies. And then people moved on, and have forever since called Elfen town, mostly based on variations of that reasoning right there. Of course, this could mean he's right, but I get a bad vibe from it, so I'm including it.

Quinnster wrote:Oh I have my own town reads right now. I think Sleepykrew is town, based on the fact that he's been on the same train of thought I have. What I don't agree with is townhunting as an alternative to scumhunting. We need to be doing both, all the time.

That's a BS reason to think someone is town. Anybody can come up with the same reasons that people have already said, especially mafia. Thinking he is town because you agree with his reasoning is total BS, and makes you look scummy alongside him.

He has also gotten REALLY snarky at times, especially #247. This doesn't in itself mean he's mafia, but it's not helpful to the town. While getting rid of him because he isn't going to be helpful isn't valid anymore, because he was rep[laced, it still indicates that he didn't have a very pro-town mindset, which indicates that he didn't have a pro-town role.

#284, he instantly comes out trying to ingratiate himself with me with assurances that he's on my side, FAR more than he had ever done with anyone previously, or in fact than anyone else had done. He then tried to use this... lemme quote again.
Quinnster wrote:Okay, The Kool. Here's what it comes down to. I was asked why I find you so pro-town, so I went back and read your ISO. You're playing really scummy, and I honestly can't blame people for finding you suspicious. However, I don't want to waste today's lynch on someone I believe so strongly to be pro-town. I want you to claim. I suspect that you've been breadcrumbing, and that's the only reason I have for finding you pro-town. If you're a PR, claim now so we don't lose a townie today and another tonight.

Everything about this post is all wrong. He says he find me town, but that he can't find any reason for it, and I look totally scummy, but he still believes beyond a doubt that I am town. He then tries to get my role, especially if I have a PR, for BOGUS reasoning! According to his earlier statements about bandwagons, he has no need to be concerned that I'm going to get lynched, and having me claim a power role, if I am one, only assures that the mafia will be able to kill a power role tonight, instead of having to guess.

He then comes back, when called on this post, to say he can't defend himself, and he isn't even going to try, and plays the stupid card. He says his actions were inexcusable. He then says that he is willing to die for this mistake. That is something townies sometimes are, but in my experience, only the stupid or the mafia ever say, as a last resort to make people think they really are town. Either case, if they really are willing to die, we might as well oblige them.

When asked for a read, he comes back with less than half a dozen posts of reference (#335).

We then get no further read on him, because he seeks a replacement, and Ear refuses to vouch for him. Ear plays better town, but he's asking us to ignore Quinn and all his mistakes and slip-ups, in the hope that he can do things better.

Honestly, this is a far stronger read than I ever had on Kalofer, but that doesn't mean I suspect Kal any less. If we start voting for Ear, I'll vote for him too at first opportunity, but right now my vote is on Kal with the rest of the majority. Better him then me, right? :P
Show

Beck:
I'm a hydra with myself

W/L/0

Town - 0/0/0
Mafia - 0/0/0
Other - 0/0/0
The Kool
The Kool
Townie
The Kool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 am

Post by The Kool »

My apologies, it seems the majority is already shifted to Earworm.
VOTE: Earworm
Show

Beck:
I'm a hydra with myself

W/L/0

Town - 0/0/0
Mafia - 0/0/0
Other - 0/0/0
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Kalofer »

I like your style kool :cool:

Speaking of majorities I would also like to voice my intentions of joining the wagon and will proceed to put earworm at L-1.

What I find scummiest about him (along with everything else everyone said) was how as soon as he replaced, ear just randomly joined the kool wagon. He didn't even mention me even though I have the highest number of votes. Basically as soon as he replaced he was almost an exact opposite of quinnster. That just arouses my curiosity.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Earworm
Praemonitus, Praemunitus.

Trying to perfect the art of not giving a ****
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Kalofer »

Hiiiiii NS,

1) Because it is
MY VIEW
that newbie townies are more open to saying things without knowing what they mean, as being town, they believe they have nothing to hide. People like the kool for example would be scum (again in
MY OPINION
as they posted fluff and quietly crept onto wagons.
2) Defensive? Suite yourself. I really couldn't be bothered one bit, and like I said the posts after that I think pretty much explain it (whatever
it
is)
3) lolololol

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:21 am

Post by PJ. »

This is a reminder that Kalofer just hopped on the bandwagon "based on whateveryone else said"

Answers were also lame.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 am

Post by LordChronos »

Kalofer wrote:Hiiiiii NS,

1) Because it is
MY VIEW
that newbie townies are more open to saying things without knowing what they mean, as being town, they believe they have nothing to hide. People like the kool for example would be scum (again in
MY OPINION
as they posted fluff and quietly crept onto wagons.

1) Do you have anything you could point at to support this view of yours?

@All

Observe Kal and Kool just going with the majority. At least Kool made an effort though. Kal is best lynch for today.
I'm a talking computer.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Kalofer »

do you have anything to support the view that he is scum based on the fact that he contradicted himself?
Well soooorrrrryyyy for agreeing with what everyone else said then, I'm guessing that must definitely mean I'm scum. Geez, vote for me why don't you.

earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:17 am

Post by earworm »

Response to Kool's Quin post

You are really good about taking things out of context.

First point: Here are the posts in question. #48 & #74.
Here's a post that happened in the middle. #53. So to recap, first post= in RVs where voting and wagons are good. Second post= out of RVs, Quinn wants to vote someone he actually suspects but he has no strong reads as of this point.

Second point: Here is the
complete
post in question: #152. He was saying lets move one from his point about Elfen (a clear null read for Quinn) to talk about people he actually suspected Kalofer and Espeonage.

Third Point: I really don't understand what you are saying here. Could you explain it again?

Fourth Point: Snark =/= scum. Snark =/= bad mindset. Bad mindset =/= scum.

Everything else is about the rolefish. Here are my quick thoughts about it. It was terrible. It was blatant. And it was not done by scum.
Let's look at this explanation post again: #325. 1. Quinnster had a town breadcrumb read on Kool (stated more explicitly in #335) 2. Quinnster thought (erroneously) that it was L-1. Now let's assume that it actually was L-1. Then Quinnster's play would have been the correct one. I think that's about all I can say about that. If you have any questions ask me.
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 am

Post by earworm »

Btw, I'm defending Quinn now because I am at L-1.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:33 am

Post by PJ. »

You're opinions are clearly Biases, while I don't exactly agree with Kool, you can't say "I'm not defending quinn" then say "I'm at L-1 so I'll defend him now". That's more scummy then sticking to your guns.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 am

Post by earworm »

Panzerjager wrote:You're opinions are clearly Biases, while I don't exactly agree with Kool, you can't say "I'm not defending quinn" then say "I'm at L-1 so I'll defend him now". That's more scummy then sticking to your guns.

What the hell do you expect me to do? I would like to not talk about it, but that's not working now is it. I know my opinions are biases and will probably be ignored, but I'm one vote from leaving the game and I'm a little desperate here.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Kalofer »

It's a good defense. Unfortunately it can only be tested by lynching. I'll reread what kool said about you and what you said about him to decide whether it's worth voting for kool again, however, other people's opinions also need to be taken into account. If kool is lynched and if he flips town, I'm going after you.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:57 am

Post by LordChronos »

Kalofer wrote:do you have anything to support the view that he is scum based on the fact that he contradicted himself?
Well soooorrrrryyyy for agreeing with what everyone else said then, I'm guessing that must definitely mean I'm scum. Geez, vote for me why don't you.

Observe the evasiveness of Kalofer's refusal to answer my question.
I'm a talking computer.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 am

Post by PJ. »

Observe the evasiveness of my accusations as well, Kal could very well be tomorrow's lynch.

Earworm, I want you to self hammer
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Kalofer »

No I don't have anything to support this view, now tell me if you have anything to support yours.

earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 am

Post by earworm »

Panzerjager wrote:Earworm, I want you to self hammer

Sorry, I'm not self hammering. That would be very,
very
anti-town in my eyes since I know I am town-aligned. Why do you want me to selfhammer?
The Kool
The Kool
Townie
The Kool
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:21 am

Post by The Kool »

What the heck, Panzer? That is the most blatantly scummy thing I've ever heard to date! Unless you have some serious reasoning to back that up... I have to agree with Ear on that one. Seriously, can anyone explain why there my ever be any reason to selfhammer aside from Mafia giving up? Asking someone to do so is utterly pointless in either case.
Show

Beck:
I'm a hydra with myself

W/L/0

Town - 0/0/0
Mafia - 0/0/0
Other - 0/0/0
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:34 am

Post by LordChronos »

Kalofer wrote:No I don't have anything to support this view, now tell me if you have anything to support yours.

I don't believe I ever expressed the view that Quin/earworm is scum because of contradictions. Nice attempt to make someone else look bad by making stuff up though.
I'm a talking computer.
Kalofer
Kalofer
Goon
Kalofer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Kalofer »

What? We were talking about elfen, get with the program already! Didn't you see my answer NS's question about ELFEN not earworm

Elfen
Elfen
Goon
Elfen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Elfen »

Huh? Im confused, Dx I'm having family issues *cough* Dad wanting me to be straight*Cough* but I am still confused soo all I know is people find quin/ear suspicious and are voting for him.
(I agree) but what about me?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 am

Post by charter »

SleepyKrew wrote:But the "replaced out" logic has already been disproven.

Unfortunately, you saying something doesn't mean it's true. Of times I've seen a situation similar to this, I cannot recall one where the person replacing out was town. Always scum who got busted.

Anyway, if someone not voting Earworm is suspicious, either hammer or threaten one so we can wrap this day up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”