Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Beefster »

I don't think the claim-lynch strategy will work. I really doubt anyone else will claim now that we are sure it's a bad idea. It's just as easy for a townie to fakeclaim as scum. If it also happens to apply to fakeclaims, then we still won't get anywhere and we'll have mislynched way more than necessary.

It's still a cool idea nonetheless- it just doesn't work in practice.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Soben »

Fully caught up, going to have a discussion with S though personally I'm still comfortable with my vote on RBT. I highly doubt that Pine was a mod-kill, likelihood is that there's some form of lame game mechanic that kills of players upon claiming. Also, this discussion about people claiming to have them killed off as a form of town gain is pure stupidity.

Post #497 by SGRaaize - Unsure how you can gain any sort of comparison between yourself and RBT given the post difference.

Post #507 by LMP - Our slot isn't in your reads list, also can you explain your implosion town-read?

Post #530 by SGRaaize - I've explained my reasoning for not voting Icey multiple times, if you still don't know it just ISO me.

Post #548 by inHimshallibe - I've never played in a game with any form of damage or redirection.

Post #611 by Dry-Fit - Lets get this right, you believe RBT doesn't look good and that you don't like Snake due to lack of contribution however you: 1) Add no contribution yourself. 2) Don't vote either of them.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SGRaaize wrote:Well, that was extreme. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Theoretically, didn't we just find a way to auto-win this game?
Instead of us actually vote-lynching people, we say "Vote: XXX", if there's a majority, that person is forced to claim his role and be killed.

Unlimited lynches D1. Trollface.jpg

SGRaaize wrote:Although I guess that would be cheap, and SnowBunny would probably mod-kill me if I tried to do that.
I was just joking :shifty:

Oh, that is just the beginning if you ever do that. Really, people, the ones who have played with me before should know how I get trigger-happy when a player breaks one of my rules. Now try to imagine what I would do if someone even tried to break my game.

Btw, I just want to clarify something: a mod-kill is an action from my part to punish a player, usually ones who breaks the rules. A modkilled player will lose the game, regardless of its faction or wincon. However, that's an out-of-the-game kill. There may be certain in-game mechanics that may affect players, ranging from mod-controllable effects to bizarre-immediate-resolving player abilities.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Katy »

I think that answers that. Not to mention that the rule as stated doesn't say anything about claiming being against the rules, just that it's a very bad idea.

The Beefster-Amrun back and forth is striking me very strange. Amrun's obsession with finding out what every single person thinks of Beefster is a little excessive.

Decided to take a look at the wagons on SGR and Pine to see what I could see from them.

SGRaaize - Katy, ManaKu, chesskid3, gandalf5166, Dryfit, LynchMePls, inHimshallibe, WrathChild
Pine - Zdenek, SGRaaize, IceyCupcake, Amrun, gandalf5166, BabySpice, ABR, ManaKu, CryMeARiver

Gandalf and ManaKu were both on both wagons. I think these wagons were a source of joy to scum. Especially given the caution against claiming it's in their interest to try to get get wagons rolling quickly at the beginning and see if they can get claims out of town players, and players who jumped on both of them are worth looking more closely at, to me. I took the votes mostly from vote counts, although I know my vote never showed up in the votecounts (I added it here) so it's possible I could have missed some. Am supposed to be working right now, so no time to go back and check all the votes.

Mana kept his vote on Pine even after he claimed and continued to push him despite numerous reasons to believe he was town. Gandalf on the other hand has changed his vote quite a bit and his play so far pretty typical Gandalf.

UNVOTE: implosion
VOTE: IceyCupcake
UNVOTE: IceyCupcake
VOTE: ManaKu
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Soben »

Katy, what do you think of the possibility of Beefster + Amrun both being scum? I know when I decide to bus sometimes I have an unhealthy obsession with winning the bussing battle and getting my partner lynched over me XD That could explain the fishing for support that goes past normal scumhunting in this case. Both Regfan and I have Amrun as one of our top suspects and he is leaning scum on Beef as well, while I am more null on Beef at the moment. Just a theory, haven't looked into it enough to know if this is plausible or likely.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Amrun »

When you think someone is scum, you try and find out if a wagon is viable. I want scum lynched and can't do it by myself.

P-edit: lolololokay
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

ok

FEYSAL YOU KNOW WHAT I AM

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WHO ARE DELIBERATELY IGNORING WHAT I AM AND WHAT I HAVE PRETTY MUCH SMACKED EVERYONE ON THE HEAD WITH ARE

A) SCUM WHO WANT THAT MISLYNCH
B) REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKING STUPID TOWNIES

OPINIONS PLEASE
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

Katy? Probably B.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Chesskid is so town it's ridiculous. Out of curiosity I ISO'd him and it's pure gold.

Sigh at selfvoting town.
Sigh at someone claiming in a SitMOA game.
Sigh at someone trying to break an S_B game.
Note: Never EVER try to outguess S_B. Or break his games. And you can take that and shove it up your sig.

People that should not be lynched today: SGR, Chess, ABR, Icey, Soben, Beefster, LMP, Mana, CMAR, BunnyLover, Zdenek
Play the Game: PeregrineV, RBT, Dry-Fit, Snake

DryFit wrote:Would really like to hear more from SnakePlissken, not liking his contribution so far.

Laughed. And it was out loud.

Not Liking: Wraith, inhim, implo, Amrun, gandalf, Babyspice
Unsure About: Feysal, Katy,

Really can't figure out who the last player I'm missing is at this point.

I'd like to join the Chesskid alliance.
Vote Gandalf
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Soben wrote:BunnyLover, there's really no way you can see his claim and still believe he's mafia, I suggest you move your vote now.

D: I don't see it.

@SGR: Claiming is usually bad if your role says that. Like last game, I was a third party healer, and if I claimed any part of my role I would be deducted points (needed 20 to win.). Actually I have no idea why I am been called town, nothing I have done this game (in all my 2 or 3 post?) should have shown that I am town :<. Although Regean(Soben), had a point about me been straight forward, I've only done it when I was a bulletproof Townie.

@Town:So I guess we can't claim. Their might be another way around claiming.

@Town: You guys are all crazy. Obviously the mod is in the game
Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Katy »

chesskid3 wrote:ok

FEYSAL YOU KNOW WHAT I AM

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WHO ARE DELIBERATELY IGNORING WHAT I AM AND WHAT I HAVE PRETTY MUCH SMACKED EVERYONE ON THE HEAD WITH ARE

A) SCUM WHO WANT THAT MISLYNCH
B) REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKING STUPID TOWNIES

OPINIONS PLEASE

C) You're chesskid and people didn't notice anything because you always act like this.

I ISO'd you and I don't see anything that can be considered a smack on the head. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing, I'm relegated to making a guess. I am going to make my guess at what you are referring to by doing this. But I'm wondering if all the people who are like "OHHHH Chess is obv town!" really know or are they just following the crowd. Cause honestly having played with chess a couple times recently I don't notice anything that's not normal Chesskid behavior.

UNVOTE: ManaKun
VOTE: IecyCupcake
UNVOTE: Iecy
VOTE: implosion
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

If you don't know, then why did you unvote mana?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Tin foil hat: What if scum get a free kill every time somebody claims? And they don't HAVE to use it on the person who claimed, but they used it on Pine because everyone was treating him like confirmed town?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I've been really sick as of late... and my head has been killing me today.

Expect low levels of activity out of this head until I get better.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

gandalf5166 wrote:Tin foil hat: What if scum get a free kill every time somebody claims? And they don't HAVE to use it on the person who claimed, but they used it on Pine because everyone was treating him like confirmed town?

An orphan gets lymphoma every time we speculate on the setup
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

gandalf5166 wrote:Tin foil hat: What if scum get a free kill every time somebody claims? And they don't HAVE to use it on the person who claimed, but they used it on Pine because everyone was treating him like confirmed town?

WE'RE NOT CLAIMING ANYMORE
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Survey says LMP is the winner for now. Soben still ranks high on my scumdar.

UNVOTE; VOTE:LMP

I will also always be on a wagon to lynch Chess. Always.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

^ this guy is still mad about SITMOA I
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by Soben »

Katy wrote:I'm wondering if all the people who are like "OHHHH Chess is obv town!" really know or are they just following the crowd. Cause honestly having played with chess a couple times recently I don't notice anything that's not normal Chesskid behavior.

There hasn't been many people stating that Chesskid is obvtown rather the opposite, I'm failing to see him town-tell hardcore like he normally does early in the game.

Riceballtail wrote:Survey says LMP is the winner for now. Soben still ranks high on my scumdar.

Judging from a quick breeze through of some of your completed games you're a man of a few words however I would still like for you to explain what you believe makes LMP mafia as well as your suspicions in regards to our slot. Scumhunter might be a complete moron but his retarded posts should surely clear any concerns you had about us.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

Is no one really seeing what I am seeing with chesskid?

I don't know why you even hinted as much as you did, ck. I thought it would be way too obvious for scum.

Apparently not.

I feel paranoid that I'm making it up now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by Soben »

Amrun wrote:Is no one really seeing what I am seeing with chesskid?

I'm not, but to be fair I haven't been making a particular effort to read into chesskids posts, I normally just judge him as obvtown or null.

Amrum, while you're online there's a few people I want your opinion on, they include Zdenek, Manu_Ku and Wrathchild.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Amrun »

Mana-Ku: Town. Period.

Zdenek: Null. I flip flop on him a little. Overall, he has said very little, and I dislike his "placeholder vote." He has no suspects besides the lurker, really? But I liked the things he saw in Pine that he found scummy - because I found those same things scummy. Pine wasn't scum, so this drops back to null since I dislike some other things he has said.

Wrathchild: Leaning town. He flip flopped on me and very quickly. He said something and then dropped it once he realized it was unfounded. I generally see this as a town tell, since scum are more interested in looking consistent.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Mana_Ku »

@SGR
-CMAR's argument was that scum wouldn't prolong the RVS as it draws too much attention. In other words, they wouldn't do it as it's seen as scummy. So everyone daring to take that risk of being declared as scummy, is town to him. How's that not the 'too scummy to be scum' - fallacy (Though it comes down to only one argument)
-I'm from the generation who believes something is a joke when the signs are there. So yeah, I'm taking your explanation lightly.

Anyway, I only responded to the parts aimed at me. Is there something in your wall-posts that should be interesting?

Vote: Beefster
~

@LMP
To help you out, my argument against you is that you only point out things when it comes in handy for you. You still haven't looked who the second player was who kept his random vote, while seeing somebody else as scummier (which is a scumtell to you) or mentioned SGR (and later I remembered that Implosion partially did the same) for the same thing you attacked Wrath. Your defence of 'I was getting updated' is unacceptable as it has already been pointed out a few times that Wrath quoted SGR in that post.
No, my question is logic. You've mentioned multiple times that you wanted to get out of the RVS. What helps more: Voting a player who has a wagon or a player without one?
Also, it's funny you've mentioned you argued with SGR about his opnion about you and Pine. That one came according to you down to one is scum, while the other is too serious for the same thing. And look where we stand? One player gets mentioned each time by you, while another gets ignored.

I agree with Gandalf about his opinion regarding the 'let us use this ability in favor for us'
The only other part that is interesting about these pages is LMP's change of opinion about SGR. SGR later admits that his 'plan' was actually a joke. Does this change your opinion on SGR and why?

Amrun wrote:If you [Katy] don't know, then why did you unvote mana?

Second

CryMeARiver wrote:I'd like to join the Chesskid alliance.
Vote Gandalf

You're doing it wrong ._. It's Beefster today.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Mana_Ku wrote:-I'm from the generation who believes something is a joke when the signs are there. So yeah, I'm taking your explanation lightly.

The only other part that is interesting about these pages is LMP's change of opinion about SGR. SGR later admits that his 'plan' was actually a joke. Does this change your opinion on SGR and why?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

[Beefster]
Unvote

Vote: Mana_Ku

Unvote

Vote: Implosion

Unvote

Vote: Mana_Ku

Unvote

Vote: Implosion
[/Beefster]
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”