Open 302: JUNGLE REPUB nope game over! Party time!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 am

Post by havingfitz »

Checking in. I'm about 2/3 through my read of the game.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Havingfitz - Now would be a good time to get your thoughts into the thread
. I very much want to see your opinions today.

I'm very glad you want to see my opinions today.
I'll post my thoughts when I finish my read (should be today...tomorrow at the latest).
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

CJDrum ISO Review –

ISO 1 wrote:Now, I know it's page 6, but I haven't really posted yet... What do we think of the MafiaSheep? It's not like they can kill us... But it's hard to differentiate between Werewolf-tell and Mafia-tell. I think we should only kill Mafia if we don't have a Werewolf in hand.

In review this was a clear tell by CJ.

People CJ voted for

Day1 – Empking and Twisted
Day2 – Sloth and himself.

Still living players with any significant interactions coming from CJDrum –

Wicked and Neil

--

Not much to see there. What I can take from this –

Given CJ’s play I’m inclinded to thing his partners will be found in the players he was more or less ignoring completely. Of the remaining alive that would be Hez, Regfan, DK, and Muffin. I’ll be ISOing those players to see who best fits partners.

Regarding his Sloth Vote –

I’m going to dig at this a little bit because

1. I don’t think it is bussing
2. It will probably give more insight into CJ’s partners.

CJ’s vote for Sloth comes at 465. The previous official Vote-Count is as follows –

Mod at 459 wrote:Vote Count:

HezLucky (3) - LynchMePls, zMuffinMan, Regfan
DeityKabuto (2) - MagnaofIllusion, neil1113
MagnaofIllusion (1) - HezLucky
neil1113 (1) - DeityKabuto

Not Voting: cjdrum, Sloth, Wickedestjr.

Following this LMP moves the vote from Hez to Sloth at 464. Thus the wagons were

Hez (2) – Muffin and Regfan
DK (2) – MoI and Neil
MoI (1) – Hez
Neil (1) – DK
Sloth (1) – LMP

4 minutes after LMP (confirmed Town) votes for Sloth and CJdrum immediately elevates it in a 2 way tie with Hez and DK.

The lack of push on both Hez and DK means to me both are more likely to be partners with him. And it looks like he simply selected the easiest target (Sloth) to go after.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

I am more positive that he may be werewolf, nobody agreed when I said to lynch him D2.

Vote neil1113

At the end of D2, I was also right about the fact that the most scummiest were the last on his wagon, which in that case the guy hammered himself. I am also a bit suspicious of Regfan being scum. But I feel more safe with neil1113 gone.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Regfan »

Welcome havingfitz.

In light of the scum flip I'm going to need to do some re-reading should have my thoughts up later tonight or by latest tommorow. Deity, the fact that it's a new day doesn't mean that you can continue to avoid answering the questions I've constantly had to ask you, here they are:

1. Post #476 by DeityKabuto - Be more specific please, who do you think the 'several scum' pushing on you are. Can you provide examples of them pushing on you?

2. Post #487 by DeityKabuto - You say that at least one, likely both of zMuffinMan and Neil are scum, do you believe they're on the same scum-team? Yes or no. What makes you believe they are if the answer is yes?

3. You state you believe Cjdrum is mafia, therefore what would it matter if he was 'right or wrong' about his suspicions?
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Regfan wrote:Welcome havingfitz.

In light of the scum flip I'm going to need to do some re-reading should have my thoughts up later tonight or by latest tommorow. Deity, the fact that it's a new day doesn't mean that you can continue to avoid answering the questions I've constantly had to ask you, here they are:

1. Post #476 by DeityKabuto - Be more specific please, who do you think the 'several scum' pushing on you are. Can you provide examples of them pushing on you?

2. Post #487 by DeityKabuto - You say that at least one, likely both of zMuffinMan and Neil are scum, do you believe they're on the same scum-team? Yes or no. What makes you believe they are if the answer is yes?

3. You state you believe Cjdrum is mafia, therefore what would it matter if he was 'right or wrong' about his suspicions?

1. You are potentially one of the scum pushing on me, neil is also one of them. This is not an OMGUS. You are so eager to have me answer your questions. And Neil is so eager to get me off his d**k.

2. I can see you and Neil as werewolf, but I can't see Neil and ZMuffinMan as Werewolf.

I can see ZMuffinman and Cjdrum as Mafia.

Werewolfs: You, and Neil

Mafia: ZMuffinman and Cjdrum

There are not much towns left, and I am one of the few townies alive, by this post, I will most likely be the next victim of the Werewolf, and I think we already lost, so as of now, I would have the Mafia people claim, and they should side with Townies to at least get rid of the werewolves.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Nice to see you too Deity.

Now onto actual scum hunting:

ISOing CJ was to no avail, as my suspicions brought me with 4 possible suspects of his partners (which obviously is wrong, as there can only be 2 partners of his.) They are:

Hez, Deity, Sloth, and DK.

However, I'm not so much concerned with trying to find his partners, as I am trying to find the werewolves. Considering Mafia are just useless, and it's the Wolves that do the killing, it'd be nice to try and lynch one of them. Considering the circumstances, I'll eliminate VI Deity, and easy wagon'd Sloth from my main suspects and focus in on Hez and DK. I'll be ISOing each of them individually, and posting what I find (or don't find) in these ISO's.

I'm wondering why LynchMePlz was night killed though. I could speculate and say it's because others believed him to be scum too, and so the Wolves were hoping to kill a Mafia member. But to be honest, that then makes me look bad because I was pressing him so hard as scum before the day ended.

Also, though I'm trying to mostly ignore your useless posts in this game Deity, I do have one question. "I will most likely be the next victim of the Werewolf" why did you post this? And what makes you think anyone in this game that could kill would waste their time getting rid of you in particular? Do you really think Wolves are more interested in killing town, then Mafia? Or did you post the "Rational Night Kill Fear" tell in order to look townie, when in reality (WIFOM here, bare with me) you're the second Werewolf, and you're wanting to distance yourself from that term so that you can be seen as town, but in reality are scum in disguise? (/end WIFOM)
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, my suspicion of Hez hasn't changed at all. Although if Hez+Wicked are scum of the same faction, they're likely werewolves and not mafia. It's also entirely possible I'm completely off in my Wicked read, but I'm very sure Hez is scum of some sort at this point.

VOTE: Hez
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by havingfitz »

OK...I finished my read. When I replace into game I usually go through the game and post my thoughts on posts as I go along. I'll post my notes below and provide more input later but I'll give my initial reads now.

Leaning scum - DK, MOI, ZMuffin, and neil. I'm not confident enough in my scum radar to believe I have pegged all four but these four have most of my suspicions. After I look through my notes again later they might change due my impending VCA....which will probably not be until tomorrow.

I'm leaning town on Hezlucky, Regfan, and Wickedestjr. Same as above...this might change after my VCA. If I left anyone out they would be a null atm.

I'll put a vote down after I have a chance to look my notes over again and do a VCA.

Feel free to fire away with any questions.

To reiterate...these scum and town reads are subject to change as I'm in no shape atm (have been out watching some playoff NHL) to elaborate on them and I'm a bit impaired. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spoiler: My read through thoughts:
8 - MOI...odd opening remarks. Provides super helpful seer claim advice (unsolicited help is suspect IMO)
12 - Wkdjr comments on the seer advice...null
17 - MOI claims to have not mulled over the specifics. So posting for the heck of it? W/O thinking your odvice over thoroughly????
19 - Wkdjr keeping the conversation with MOI going. Provides an assist to neil.
20 - neil surprised to learn there are three mafia after earlier stating there were two. "Oh wow." Claims to be "more new to this style." So you bothered to look at the game setup/rolePMs to ascertain that there were two werewolves but you failed to notice that there were three mafia? This is suspect IMO.
27 - MOI calls neil out for his newbie oversights
28 - Empking appears to suspect neil
32 - Good post IMO from Twisted re: neil's lack of knowledge regarding game setup.
35 - neil's defense post still has a "but I'm a newbie" feel to it.
36 - MOI defends neil...who he earlier said had lost his newb-pass...by what appears to be pointing out that he has only been onsite for 8 months so a gambit was unlikely
38 - wkdjr pressuring twisted
43 - RVS commences
46 - MOI seems to have a lot of modly or helpful posts. Suspicion towards him increasing....
55 - Unsolicited explanation of Empking's playing style. Why did we need it? Then he votes for Empking in the same manner that Emking voted him [neil].
I just noticed zMuffinman's avatar. Has that always been your avatar of is it a special version for this game? That's assuming this isn't your first game on the site.
58 - MOI is the game facilitator. Not a good thing IMO. Answers question for neil despite the fact neil had already answered.
61 - neil accuses Empking of accusing him [neil] of trying to discredit his [Emp] case...when all Emp said was is that he [Emp] was being discredited. Not any supposed case. A few posts later I see Emp correctly calls him on this point.
64 - neil adhoms Emp, IMO, with a VI accusation that I think is unwarranted. Gives some doubletalk on why his "discredit the case" comment wass still valid. I don't agree with the explanation.
66 - ModOI comes to neil's defense. Asks for Emp's case [for his RV?] on neil.
68 - MOI wallposting with Emp. Claim his RV vote on Emp is not random...though it was the first legit vote of the game which I would assume was random. If it wasn't random....why provide absolutely no reasoning with it (that I can see)?
73 - MOI pulls out his meta to his defense. To paraphrase him, he's not playing in this game like he did in another game he was scum in. Well thats good to know...
so do you always play the same way as scum MOI?

78 - neil on the offensive towards twisted and Emp (with some adhom thrown in Emp's way).
Up to the middle of pag 4. Seems like the only people playing are Emp, neil, MOI with an ocassional cameo by twisted. With all 5 focusing on each other. Where is everyone else???
99 - DK makes an appearance and votes Emp "since he already has people piling votes on him, he could of done something scummy so far." WTF?
100 - Emp insinuates DK is scum.
110 - DK has two post other than his confirm post and I'm thinking Emp might be onto something.
Page 5 is wallposts galore. Must skim more......................ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
127 - Lucky call DK out (aka vote) for post #99. Joined by Sloth (my slot) for similar sentiment on DK.
130 - A kinder gentler neil. Suspects twisted as #2. Gives a mixed opinion on Deity but "can definitely see him being scum." If so...why isn't he a concern? Implores cj to post more. Gives everyone his to do list. ???
131 - zMM votes twisted. Even with the hindsight as I read this that twisted is town...I do not see/recall anything scummy from him. zMM's case seems forced...espcially the daytalk "feigning ignorance" accusation.
A few good posts have made it into the game...Regfan and Caboose. My top three at this point are DK, neil, and MOI.
133 - cjscum appears and states belief that either Emp or neil are not town.
134 - DK claims town.
145 - neil has ISO'd EMP and twisted and still finds Emp scum....however, he is leaning twisted as scum as well. (does the 'however' indicate a change of opinion?)
147 - good posting from wkdjr
152 - MOI gives VI-town read on cjscum.
158 - MOI outright refusing to answer question from EMP. Scummy IMO.
169 - MOI confirms Emp vote with two points. 1) Give me scum vibes from MOI. 2) What does this point matter? How is it scummy?
Page 7...lots of Emp and MOI. too mugh. Eye glazing over....
182 - Still reading through but this had to be a post that cjscum regretted after he made it.
***************Getting tired of all the walls and Emp/neil/MOI back and forth...am skipping to D2 for a change of scenery*********
204 - DK doesn't think neil and Emp could both be scum. (Note: When I say scum I am referring to mafia AND wolves, otherwise I will be specific. Not sure if DK is following this method)
208 - Annnd DK addresses my thoughts above. He 'blindly' forgot there were two anti town factions.
Now we have DK and Emp back and forth.
222 - Regfn votes twisted. (For the record...up to this point I have not really suspected twisted and though Emp is easy to raise supicions in others, I have not had a great deal of suspicion towards him and have tended to suspect his accusers more than him. This is easy to say in hindsight but it is true.)
230 - DK tells Emp he [Emp] is the only one he [DK] has found suspicious so far in the game. (If I remember later I need to check this)
234 - zMM siding with/defending DK.
255 - Twisted lists DK and neil as his two top targets...
263 - MOI declares DK 100% VI and is willing to lynch him if necessary...though it seems policy-like.
268 - wkdjr say MOI-Emp exchange points to MOI as town. (Why town? Why not competing scum factions? How does the Emp flip affect the town read on MOI?)
281 - DK wants Hez lynched as well as Emp.
287 - (Note to self: look this votecount over more closely)
Eyes glazing over much of page 13....
319 - MOI is keying on the same VC I want to look over. I agree with most of what MOI says about this VC (specifically regarding Emp) but he only gives analyzes potential scum on the basis of Emp flipping scum. He does state most of the 5 on a potential Emp town wagon would likely be scum (I was thinking at least three scum but I still need to look it over).
322 - Great...Sloth jumps aboard the Emp train :/
325 - Great...Sloth makes a really WTF??? post. >:|
338 - Lucky first to go off the Emp wagon and then goes on one of my frontrunning suspects (DK)
339 - neil gets off the Emp wagon as well but not before a little theatrical lamenting of the claim....then he votes one of the reads I'm leaning town towards [Lucky]....
340 - Great...Sloth gets it <no comment>
341 - (Note to self...check this VC out as well)346 - Wow...cj was asking for it.
348 - cj gives assessment of Emp L-1 wagon. Very interesting. MOI rated the towniest.
354 - Wckdjr states belief there are 2-3 (prob 2) scum on the Emp L-2 wagon.
356 - Wckdjr gives rationale for not lynching Emp D2. Makes sense. Could also be coming from a werewolf?
366 - Wckdjr states top suspects are Twisted and neil and that DK is town. ?????????
page 15 ends with a lot of Wckdjr and zMM exchange...I think they both suspect each other (??)

402 - Not liking DK's disgust at Emp not being lynched (despite the seer claim????) and subsequent hammer on TStown.
412 - MOI didn't expect Emp to flip seer.....my my.
413 - DK posts this pearl,
"It was pretty obvious that everyone wanted him dead, but we can get something from the Townie we lynched, why the hell did you guys want TwistedSpoon dead anyways?"
WTF? If DK is either scum or the most disinterested/oblivious/sheeping town I have come across.
414 - And neil is surprised by Emp's flip as well. Shock and surprise are rampant....
426 - Very good Lucky post that I agree with most of. Especially the comments about LMP town-scum listing which I had also thought when I read it.
437 - wkdjr posts town-scum list. While I have thought wkdjr most likely town I must say I am in disagreement with most of his reads.
444 - MOI votes my scum frontrunner DK. Bus? Chainsawing? Different alignments? Perhaps one/both of them is town? (unlikely)
neil and DK at each other's throats. I have the same sentiment here as I do with my MOI comments from #444.
452 - Like Regfan for the most part but once again my reads are very different from his town-scum list.
455 - zMM....so this game consistent with DK's other games you have been in? Ugh.... You two could be linked or DK could just really be a VI :( Not sure how zMM can say MOI wasn't pushing for Emp's lynch on D1.
464 - New list by LMP which I still, and obviously, am not in agreement with. cjscum subsequently agees with Sloth vote.
466 - MOI calling cjscum out for cj's post towards me. With cj's flip in mind...I doubt MOI is mafia. Perhaps werewolf....?
478 - Solid Lucky post aside from my slot at #4.
484 - LMP advocating the lurker lynch.
491 - Very good wdjr post made even more quality with the hindsight of cj's lynch.
497 - zMM pushing the Lucky lynch but leaving the door open for a move to cjscum.
LMP repeatedly looking to lynch lurkerSloth.
499 - MOI setting up the next day's lynch.
501 - Good post by Regfan though I disagree with a few of his reads.
502 - A neil post I agree with.
509/510 - LMP pointing finger at neil for post 502
511 - DK attests that if cj is scum that scum will 'try' to avoid his wagon. (Way to commit)
More LMP vs neil posting. DK's 514 makes no sense to me.
520 - And we have a self hammer. Not sure what to make of cj's comments to MOI. It's enough to make me look away from MOI but at the same time makes me wonder if that was the intent.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I'm here. Want to lynch Magna or Muffin today. Don't really care which but it'll be hard to convince me otherwise. Going to do a reread though I'm not sure how useful that will be. Maybe I'll ISO.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by Regfan »

DeityKabuto wrote: 1. You are potentially one of the scum pushing on me, neil is also one of them. This is not an OMGUS. You are so eager to have me answer your questions. And Neil is so eager to get me off his d**k.

I'm eager to get you to get answers from you because because you avoiding doing so appeared as if you were scared or had no answer to them. I haven't attempted to push on you at all, infact I don't see you being mafia with cjdrum due to threatening a deadline and attempting to push his lynch without him having a chance to respond to it.

DeityKabuto wrote: 2. I can see you and Neil as werewolf, but I can't see Neil and ZMuffinMan as Werewolf.

I fail to see any possible way you could believe that Neil and I were a team after I attempted to push his lynch during a portion of yesterday.

Given the interactions yesterday and the fact that Wicked pushed the Cjdrum case almost signle-handly I don't believe there's any possible way he's mafia as he'd know that bussing could potentially lead towards him being night-killed and the town-cred gained and lynch of his partner all being for nothing.

Although I can understand most of Havingfitz's thought process in Post #532 a great deal of his summary is just commentry on what has occured without stating if he believes it's a scum-tell, town-tell or unallignment related. I'm interested in hearing exactly what his reads are based on, the mention of zMuffins avatar being possibly related with this game is a massive stretch. Though I really don't see Havingfitz as mafia, the interactions between Sloth and Cjrum in Post #275, 276, 277 and 278 make them very unlikely to be partners. Cjdrums vote on Sloth in Post #465 solidfies this. So with all that in mind, HavingFitz is either Town or Werewolf.

Cjdrums mentions the fact he believes one of Neil or Empking are mafia in Post #133. Due to his massive lack of actvity in the game you would believe that his vote would be straight towards Neil on day two giving the reasoning he stated in this post exactly allowing him to seem as if he's scumhunting while pushing towards a town-lynch. The fact he didn't do this at all screams as if his intial post was an attempt at distancing between Neil and himself.

I still am failing to see the case put up against MoI at all, from what I can tell it revolves around his interaction with Empking however I find his frustration with Empking and push towards him a town-tell if anything and can understand his annoyance at Empkings refusal to quit discussing semantics. Could someone summarize it for me because I'm reading him as town at the current moment.

I'm unsure of how to read zMuffinMan, I can understand part of the case against him but I'm unsure if I agree with it. His behaviour is drastically different from the previous game we played together however he replaced into that game and it didn't involve any players such as the players in this game ie, there were a lot of lurkers in that game. I'm going ISO and read into him in the upcoming days.

I still believe HezLucky is scum, I've noticed he has almost avoided him completly in his rating system while still commenting on his posts, an example would be he pointed out he beleived Cjdrum was confused between the werewolves and the mafia, confusion of that sort is a town-tell or that's how I generally read or in this game misread it however HezLucky never accounted for that comment when it came to rating Cjdrum.

Overall Reads

Town Reads:
Wickedestjr, MagnaofIllusion.
Town or Werewolf Reads:
HavingFitz, DeityKabuto
Mafia Reads:
Neil113, HezLucky
Null Reads:
zMuffinMan

Vote: Neil113

Though, to be honest I'm unsure if it's optimal to aim for werewolves or mafia today, MoI I'd like your thoughts on this.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@hf,

I sort of skimmed over the wall.

As far as I can tell, you think I'm scum because of links to DK and... my avatar?

@Regfan,

I don't actually think I'm playing drastically different in this game. There's probably a few differences because the setup and activity levels are different, but apart from that, I'd like to know what you think is so different.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:I don't actually think I'm playing drastically different in this game. There's probably a few differences because the setup and activity levels are different, but apart from that, I'd like to know what you think is so different.

In the previous game that we played your thoughts and opinions on people weren't held back in any respect you were willing to state when you believe bad play is occuring as well as when you believe bad play is being misread. You avoided doing that throughout most of the attack against Empking and again on Twistedspoon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

eh, I disagree. I wasn't as active as I was in our other game, but I do think I called the attack on Empking bad when a wagon actually formed on him (although I don't think he was playing badly, it was just a bad wagon because he wasn't playing in a scummy way). As for TS, I think he was playing in a legitimately scummy manner; it wasn't as simple as bad play like Tragedy's.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:eh, I disagree. I wasn't as active as I was in our other game, but I do think I called the attack on Empking bad when a wagon actually formed on him (although I don't think he was playing badly, it was just a bad wagon because he wasn't playing in a scummy way). As for TS, I think he was playing in a legitimately scummy manner; it wasn't as simple as bad play like Tragedy's.

A great deal of the reasoning against Empking was worse than logic you attacked me for in regards to Tragedy, though to be bringing up the flaws in it would likely not have changed anything. Though I do agree in regards to finding Twistedspoon legitimatly scummy.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Neil, it is pretty obvious you are a Werewolf, you and Regfan.

My word is pointless, since I'm one of the few towns alive.

2 Mafia alive
2 Werewolf

As I said, I want the Mafia to claim now and help the town.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 am

Post by Regfan »

DeityKabuto wrote:As I said, I want the Mafia to claim now and help the town.

It's literally impossible for mafia to joint with town, if you're attempting to gambit it's rather pointless as everyone left in this game is rather experienced. At this point we need a cross-kill to have any chance in the game. Can you explain what makes you believe that Neil is a werewolf and not a mafia?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 1:29 am

Post by neil1113 »

Deity, thanks for answering my questions.

Regfan, "what makes you believe that Neil is a werewolf?"

Because Deity is Mafia? Scum slip?

Also Regfan, you didn't make a case against me. You made a cast against CJ, then voted me. I can't accurately defend CJ's actions no more then you can defend anyone else's actions? While some of your points would be valid (some, not all) against CJ, that's the problem. They are against CJ.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 am

VOTE: Havingfitz

Now that he’s actually committed to reads in thread in his ‘catch-up’ post I feel there is information to work with.

I’ll address that monstrosity of a catch-up post later in an independent post. For now LMP’s strong suspicion of Sloth is a great jumping off point for my vote today. Especially since CJdrum's play against your slot before he was under pressure means you are very likely NOT Evil Sheep.

--

DK wrote:Mafia: ZMuffinman and Cjdrum

I’m going to go ahead and label this as an off-shoot of my Newbie game “Player messing up the number of Mafia tell”. DK specifically has listed only 2 Evil Sheep including the now deceased CJ.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion in that regard DK.

DK wrote:There are not much towns left, and I am one of the few townies alive, by this post, I will most likely be the next victim of the Werewolf, and I think we already lost, so as of now, I would have the Mafia people claim, and they should side with Townies to at least get rid of the werewolves.

1. Not much Town left? 8 players are alive – 4 Town and 4 scum of two flavors.
2. Appeal to Fear (we’ve already lost) noted.
3. This pretty much is poorly designed grandstanding meant to grab “Town” cred. It is quite clear that the Evil Sheep aren’t going to out and claim.

I’d be strongly pushing your wagon today if I didn’t think you were likely Evil Sheep.

--

Neil wrote:I'm wondering why LynchMePlz was night killed though. I could speculate and say it's because others believed him to be scum too, and so the Wolves were hoping to kill a Mafia member. But to be honest, that then makes me look bad because I was pressing him so hard as scum before the day ended.

Interesting that you would choose to post this when you specifically say it makes you look bad.

I, however, am more than happy to speculate on why LMP was dead. I certainly anticipate the cries of WIFOM … there is a solid grain of truth to that argument.

But in this set-up (known roles) there is one strong reason for the Werewolves to kill anyone after the Seer is dead – they are the greatest threat them. With that in mind I would guess that the bottom of LMP’s scum list is very likely to contain a Wolf.

That list was –

TOWN
MagnaofIllusion
Regfan
neil1113
DeityKabuto
zMuffinMan
Wickedestjr
cjdrum
HezLucky
Sloth
SCUM

Furthermore this makes me encourage to look at your ISO in more detail. Especially since my gut says you probably avoided Sloth like a plague both days.

--

Muffin wrote:It's also entirely possible I'm completely off in my Wicked read, but I'm very sure Hez is scum of some sort at this point.

At this stage that’s not good enough. Which faction do you think Hez is more likely to be in?

--

Hez wrote:I'm here. Want to lynch Magna or Muffin today. Don't really care which but it'll be hard to convince me otherwise. Going to do a reread though I'm not sure how useful that will be. Maybe I'll ISO.

Glad to see that the flip of CJ as Evil Sheep (who avoided mentioning you like you had the cooties, BTW) doesn’t make you look at your reads with new eyes.

That’s sarcasm. But given I think you are very likely Evil Sheep I’d rather cast about for Werewolves for lynching today.

--

Regfan wrote:Though, to be honest I'm unsure if it's optimal to aim for werewolves or mafia today, MoI I'd like your thoughts on this.

I believe the optimal play for today is lynching a Werewolf. The Evil Sheep only remain a threat to them from the standpoint of victory due to numbers. Eliminating another Evil Sheep more or less eliminates that threat to the Wolves.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Werewolf.

I see more of a hez-wicked connection than a hez-cj connection, and I see no real reason to think wicked-hez-cj are mafia because I don't think wicked is mafia with cj. It's possible, but I doubt it.

But if hez were lynched and flipped mafia, I'd need to re-evaluate my read on wicked.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 am

Hez ISO

RVS vote for Wicked.

ISO 2 – Votes DK for having a ‘stupid’ statement.

ISO 3 – First content wall post … does not mention DK, CJdrum, Wicked, Muffin, or Regfan or Having’s slots.

ISO 6 – Second large content post –

Recomments on DK’s stupid post at 99. Says DK’s 118 is ‘retarded’ and calls him his ‘new number 2’. Yet agrees with DK’s read on Caboose (saying 132 was a Good Post).

Says CJ’s 133 raised a good point.

Given my slight suspicion of Sloth (not mentioned here) and stronger suspicion of MuffinMan, if I were in Magna's shoes i would definitely have asked them something as well. Maybe Magna is not paying attention to one of his buddies on purpose?

1. Hez at the point of this comment had not mentioned a single point about Sloth. Why is there suspicion?
2. Attempting to draw immediate links between players. Behavior which continues consistently Day 1 before any flips happen.

No other mentions of CJ drum in this ISO at all. Note that he slots DK as his second place suspect but gives a ‘reason’ to not vote him – “Esp given I am afraid that DK might be the biggest noob ever.”

ISO 7 – Votes DK as his highest vote getter after Empking claims.

ISO 8 – Yet another large wall o content –

CJDrum #274 makes it seem to me like he isn't bothering to READ the game. it's possible he hasn't foudn enough time for it, thanks to Empking's
spam. It's also possible he's scum adn has no motivation to scumhunt. This will be cleared up in future days, I hope. {no points}

So he identifies behavior that is suspect, but specifically goes out of his way not to ding CJdrum for it (since it will be cleared up in future days).

Gets ‘a good feeling’ from DK’s 296 while simultaneously saying it comes from a “huge VI”.

CJDrum's posts are useless to me now, but are goign to be interesting once we get some flips. I am going to refrain from trying to read him
until that time.

Specifically fence-sitting on CJ. His posts are ‘useless’ but he doesn’t want to commit to a read on him until flips happen.

In this post he unvotes DK (still his number 1 actual viable suspect per points) to vote me with “DK could be a VI” as an excuse.

This is the last post of Day 1

ISO 9 – Opens the day with DK still as his Top read via his ‘points system’ but specifically avoids once again voting for him because he is a VI. Slots CJ right in the middle of the pack saying “he has a hard time getting a read on him”

ISO 11 –

Corrects CJ on his ‘mix-up’ of Evil Sheep and Werewolves at 430. Given we know CJ flipped Evil Sheep this screams “Hey look at my partner Town-telling right here!!!!”

Dings DK’s 439 as scummy voting.

Still doesn’t vote for DK who remains at the top of his ‘list’ despite specifically calling 439 a scummy post that distinguishes from VI behavior.

ISO 13 – “Why do I have three vote?” Nervousness in face of pressure.

(FTR: I don't inherently oppose a Drum lynch but there are at least 3 people I would rather lynch first - Magna, Muffin and Sloth)

Poorly managed distancing on CJ. He doesn’t oppose a CJ lynch even though in his last Points list CJ is in the “all others – 50/100” category? That makes no sense from an honest Town perspective. There are 6 other players above CJ on his list. Town Hez should not agree to a slot that falls well below the "alive number of scum" line on his 'calculator'.

--

TL DR Summary
– Hez’s behavior towards CJ is highly indicative of partnership. No strong reads on the slot. Soft distancing but keeps a strong focus on others.

His DK read supports my thougthts as well – DK has been riding the top or second slotof his “points computer” but he’s carefully managed to avoid actually voting for him based on weak “VI” defense. Not he specifically didn’t touch the DK wagon Day 2 when it was the Top competing wagon.

I’m happy sloting Hez and DK as the remaining Evil Sheep after this re-read. It will help me narrow down my focus on the Werewolves today.

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

zMuffinMan wrote:I just checked Hez's meta. There aren't many games, but his playstyle is different in the games he's flipped town.
There's none of the complaining that he's doing in this game
, and when I was reading through his posts in games he was town I didn't get the same feeling that his posts were forced and insincere like I'm getting in this game.

Have you looked at his scum play? Did you find any instances where he was complaining as scum?

MoI wrote:If you can point me to post numbers where you feel I am ignoring your post and you expect response from me please let do so and I’d be happy to respond.

Did you have anything to say in response to 356? I had issue with your plan for handling the seer.

Hmm... I thought DK was probably town, but that read has weakened after he voted neil1113. Yesterday he voted both neil and I for pushing for the Empking lynch and Twistedspoon lynches respectively, because both players flipped town. However, there is an inconsistency: he goes into a lot of effort to justify his original vote for neil, but justifies his vote for me with a one-liner. Why is that? Possible DK-neil connection. Or DK could be scum that is more confident in his vote for neil because he's gotten more attention than me.

While I don't like DK's vote for neil, neil's response is terribly scummy. I suspected that some of his previous suspicions/accusations in this game were based on OMGUS, but I am 110% certain that that is the case for his DK vote. Firstly, he is voting DK because he thought the reasoning DK gave for voting him was bad, however, this was the
same
reasoning DK used against
me
. So, if neil1113 really had a problem with this logic, then why didn't he say anything when
I
was being attacked for it? Secondly, I also believe it is OMGUS, because prior to the vote, neil had made
no mention
of suspecting DK (at least from a skim of his iso). So all of a sudden, DK makes one post he has issues with and he becomes more voteworthy than anyone else. I'm not buying it. Thirdly, I'm surprised he didn't vote for HezLucky: after skimming his ISO from day 2, he
never
expressed any interest in voting HezLucky despite not ever giving any sign of that suspicion diminishing (that I can remember) and considering that was who he had been voting at the end of day 1, I find this suspicious. Also, he hadn't been voting anybody at the time of his vote for DK almost as if he was waiting for something suspicious to happen, which seems odd considering he was able to find a place for his vote at the end of day 1. I'm pretty sure neil is scum after this. I'd move my vote there, but I'm not necessarily certain he's a Werewolf (the group I would like to go after today) and I'd also like to finish catching up.

Regfan wrote:1. WickedJestrs post with his reads screams town here, mafia generally attempt to avoid stating certain thoughts on other players as it cuts down possible future mslynches.

While I'm glad you correctly see me as town, I find it hard to believe you actually get this impression from the post where I gave my reads. It seems like fairly weak evidence to say that it 'screams town'. Regfan, can you elaborate on this point? Posting reads seems to be something that many players do all the time regardless of allignment. While I can see how it could be a very slight towntell, I don't see how it 'screams town'. Also, you make no mention of LynchMePls despite him doing the exact same thing (and even putting his reads in order of scummiest to towniest). Any particular reason?

Regfan wrote:2. Wicked, if you had to name two people were town for sure here, who would they be and why?

Why do you need to know this?

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up a little more... Most of my MS time was spent making this post.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Also, as I said in the previous post, I think we need to aim for a Werewolf lynch today. Werewolves are our biggest threat right now and if we don't lynch one of them today, it will be MyLo tomorrow and they'll be very close to winning whereas two mafia surviving to tomorrow isn't as much of a cause for concern (especially considering the possibility of one of them getting nk'd).

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I'm sorry if you guys have already given your thoughts on this, but if you haven't, what do you guys think of the idea of aiming for a werewolf?
-Wickedestjr
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:36 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Wicked wrote:Have you looked at his scum play? Did you find any instances where he was complaining as scum?

He hasn't flipped scum yet that I've seen.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 am

Post by HezLucky »

Magna wrote:Interesting that you would choose to post this when you specifically say it makes you look bad.

I, however, am more than happy to speculate on why LMP was dead. I certainly anticipate the cries of WIFOM … there is a solid grain of truth to that argument.

But in this set-up (known roles) there is one strong reason for the Werewolves to kill anyone after the Seer is dead – they are the greatest threat them. With that in mind I would guess that the bottom of LMP’s scum list is very likely to contain a Wolf.

That list was –

TOWN
MagnaofIllusion
Regfan
neil1113
DeityKabuto
zMuffinMan
Wickedestjr
cjdrum
HezLucky
Sloth
SCUM

Vote: MagnaofIllusion

who is a --WEREWOLF-- after this post.

Let me tell you why:

Magna is trying to speculate on why LMP is dead, which is fine. However, it's more than likely that he killed LMP himself, looked at his scum list
and thought "there aer some easy lynches I can push on the scum side", then tried to justify LMP's death by stating that LMP "knew something special"

This is not AT ALL how a town person thinks. I'm about to tell you how a town person (myself) thinks:

The reason LMP is dead is because he is no longer an easy lynch. I distinctly remember being asked WHY I HAD A TOWN READ ON CABOOSE and then I distinctly remember from yesterday him (MoI) asking me for an explanation of the Caboose town-read.

So what happened? After I explained it, he decided Caboose was no longer really lynchable, stopped attacking him altogether, and killed Caboose/LMP in an attempt to make his lynching of Sloth easier. He even tried to setup today's lynch with his

Regardless I’ll make you a deal – support the CJ wagon today and I’ll back you on Sloth tomorrow. Sound good?

towards LMP. Then killed him so he would not be committed to Sloth incase a better wagon came up.

I felt Sloth was scum yesterday, but havingfitz is a definite townread right now, and {Muffin - your scum-ass can meta this from Draft Mafia} I've been in situations before where teh replacement is far more town than the initial player, and it's usually because they ARE town.

As for people I don't comment on:

That's ... everyone ... besides the people I am largely suspiciouso f. It's because those people haven't received any scumpoints, and so I will not be justifying my null or barely town read on them.

I must be partners with them right? Yes. Town buddies. Though it won't help very much.

If nothing interesting happens before my next post it will likely be a full game summary of the MoI case. CJ's flip truly changes nothing for me. Sorry.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

zMuffinMan wrote:
[1: It's a direct misrepresentation of what I said]
, and
[2: it's also extremely hypocritical because it's what you did.]

Considering my rebuttal of your terrible argument against a much earlier post of mine as by referencing a much earlier post of yours, it's actually funny that you're even trying to use this against me.

1:
How is it a misrep? Elaborate, please.

2:
I'm assuming you're talking about me 'waiting so long' to bring up you not having a read on Empking vs. neil. If so...
a.) It wasn't something I had realized you were guilty of until you made a post in which you commented on a point against Empking without giving your read on him.
b.) There is a difference between the point I'm using against you and the point you're using against me. You could easily notice my reasons for believing neil vs. Empking was town vs. town just by reading the thread. Not noticing that you hadn't given your opinion on either of them was something that required an iso read.
c.) My point against you was stronger the later it was brought up.

Also, you still haven't defended against my point.

Regfan wrote:Cjdrum - So you're placing your vote on the lurker?

This question looks odd considering you had Sloth as one of your top three suspects at the time of this post. Can you explain this please?

MoI wrote:Never the less my pressure on you has yielded what I was interested in seeing from you currently.

MoI wrote:I have something I’m keeping my eye on but I want to see more posts from him today.

Explain please.

zMuffinMan wrote:He hasn't flipped scum yet that I've seen.

So why are you using meta against him?
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Open Games”