xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:29 am

Post by xvart »

DrippingGoofball, 165 wrote:Yeah, he's caught for the wrong reasons. That can be very frustrating.

Oh DGB; I truly love our little chats. I'm growing increasingly aware of how much D1 in this game is more than likely just going to be town on town mudslinging.

DrippingGoofball, 169 wrote:No, you filthy misleading recruit, Chronopie gets lynched easily. Chronopie isn't it. Nice try.

Citations, please? Although I must concede some because I went back and looked and it was ABR who originally put Chrono on the "pivotal" list; although from the other side I could see that as a nice little ploy. DGB - why do you think ABR put Chrono on the "pivotal list" if he is lynched easily?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:30 am

Post by xvart »

On another note, I could see Prozac being recruited since he had announced V/LA for an extended period of time in the sign up thread.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 am

Post by xvart »

Herodotus, 173 wrote:
Cobb wrote:Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Cobb wrote:the
other
recruit.

Easy mode on?
UNVOTE: Spring
VOTE: Cobblerfone

I can see this as legitimate since Cobb had not said definitively that the person he was voting (populartajo) was a recruit.
I only read quote walls.

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Herodotus »

xvart wrote:I can see this as legitimate since Cobb had not said definitively that the person he was voting (populartajo) was a recruit.

I was going to wait and see what he said about that, but that's what I was thinking. If he meant that he already knew who some first recruit was, and Yos was the second, why wasn't he voting for the first? Or if it was populartajo, he doesn't seem to be playing that way.
Only problem is, it's such an enormous slip that it feels too easy and obvious.

Also, Cobblerfone, what did you mean by "role-doctor"?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Herodotus wrote:Easy mode on?

What are you going on about? Two recruiters. IF xvart is one, Yosarian is the speculated other. Though, I guess we shouldn't assume that there's only two. It would be rather odd for there to be only one recruit per team in N0 I think.

Herodotus wrote:Also, Cobblerfone, what did you mean by "role-doctor"?

Our proffessions are not our roles. So just because Tajo is a "Proffession-Doctor" doesn't mean he's a "Role-Doctor". That's what I meant. My vote's on Tajo because of something in an ongoing game that he's dead in. I would switch to xvart, but I'm waiting for RaudhrGarm.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: xvart

I find myself in complete agreement with this wagon. I want to see how this Raudhr stuff ends up though.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:59 am

Post by xvart »

Cobblerfone, 179 wrote:What are you going on about? Two recruiters. IF xvart is one, Yosarian is the speculated other. Though, I guess we shouldn't assume that there's only two. It would be rather odd for there to be only one recruit per team in N0 I think.
Cobblerfone, 179 wrote:My vote's on Tajo because of something in an ongoing game that he's dead in. I would switch to xvart, but I'm waiting for RaudhrGarm.

Nope. Not buying it. The logic/priority list here is flawed because it wouldn't be odd for there to only be one recruit D1; plus, even if there was, you said "the other recruit" meaning one additional, which contradicts your statement about there being more than one recruit per team; and, what does RaudhrGarm saying I'm a VT have to do with populartajo and why are you waiting on him to allegedly move your vote to me?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cobblerfone
I only read quote walls.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Because we might not have the same role.

Thanks, that's exactly the type of comment I was hoping for:

UNVOTE: Tajo

VOTE: xvart
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 am

Post by xvart »

Cobblerfone, 182 wrote:Thanks, that's exactly the type of comment I was hoping for:

You were hoping for me to point out the inconsistencies in your logic? Also, you didn't answer my questions posed to you.
I only read quote walls.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

You were hoping for me to point out the inconsistencies in your logic? Also, you didn't answer my questions posed to you.

I didn't know we teamsters all had different roles. I also didn't know if we all had the same role. I won't say anything else.

I was settling for a policy lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

xvart wrote:DGB - why do you think ABR put Chrono on the "pivotal list" if he is lynched easily?

I don't give a rat's tutu, ABR and Kinetic are dead to me.

You're sounding really tense, xvart.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:20 am

xvart wrote:On another note, I could see Prozac being recruited since he had announced V/LA for an extended period of time in the sign up thread.

Desperate, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, it occurs to me that it would be pretty funny if someone recruited flameaxe day 1 on the assumption that he would flake and be replaced out like he always does, and that that would eat up enough time to prevent him from being lynched day 1.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Herodotus »

Cobblerfone wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Easy mode on?

What are you going on about? Two recruiters. IF xvart is one, Yosarian is the speculated other. Though, I guess we shouldn't assume that there's only two. It would be rather odd for there to be only one recruit per team in N0 I think.

Herodotus wrote:Also, Cobblerfone, what did you mean by "role-doctor"?

Our proffessions are not our roles. So just because Tajo is a "Proffession-Doctor" doesn't mean he's a "Role-Doctor". That's what I meant. My vote's on Tajo because of something in an ongoing game that he's dead in. I would switch to xvart, but I'm waiting for RaudhrGarm.

To say that there is someone you think might be the other recruit implies that the first recruit is given knowledge, at least to you.

Let me use an example. Suppose we are all standing in a room with 25 chairs. Everyone has an assigned seat, though the assignments aren't public. Two of those chairs are blue, and the other 23 are brown. Someone says "Yosarian2, are you the other person whose seat is blue?" You'd expect the person saying that either is one of the two people whose chairs are blue, or has already identified one person who definitely has a blue seat. Otherwise, they would phrase it as "Yosarian2, are you one of the people whose seat is blue?"

You don't seem like you had already identified someone as a recruit, since you were voting populartajo for mystery reasons. You hadn't said much about xvart, and weren't voting him.

Now that you've indicated you were suspicious of xvart, and just not voting, I'm going to move on. That slip looked too obvious to be a genuine scumslip, though IGMEOY for Day 1.
UNVOTE: Cobbler; VOTE: Spring
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Flameaxe »

:( I didn't flake Succession 1, didn't flake either of Prozac's minis, didn't flake oman's mini, requested replacement in oldy only to retract that request 20 minutes too late. Your logic is three years too old, Yos.

Unvote
Still not really a fan of SL, but it's not quite worthy a place for my vote anymore. I don't think DGB's case on xvart is all that fantastic, and I don't think the generic DGB manic posting is helping my opinion of that.

Vote: Cobble
. Really not liking that flip-flop in 171/2, not to mention what seems to be useless rolefishing in a game like this.

Hero 173: Lets not start the active lurking reasoning less than 24 hours into the game, it just makes you sound silly.

Xvart 176: Again, lets not start silly sounding arguments and actually play like a normal game.

182 Only helps me feel happy about my vote-placement. Your mouth keeps moving, but I'm not hearing anything. 184: We're in a game with two cults, pandering about power roles is wasted effort.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Flameaxe wrote:182 Only helps me feel happy about my vote-placement. Your mouth keeps moving, but I'm not hearing anything. 184: We're in a game with two cults, pandering about power roles is wasted effort.

It was more like me trying to not lynch a potential PR.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Cobblerfone wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:182 Only helps me feel happy about my vote-placement. Your mouth keeps moving, but I'm not hearing anything. 184: We're in a game with two cults, pandering about power roles is wasted effort.

It was more like me trying to not lynch a potential PR.

Happier with my vote.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:59 am

Cobblerfone wrote:It was more like me trying to not lynch a potential PR.

Everyone is a potential PR. You can't tell by the profession. It's pointless thinking along these lines.

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Herodotus »

xvart wrote:Nope. Not buying it. The logic/priority list here is flawed because it wouldn't be odd for there to only be one recruit D1; plus, even if there was, you said "the other recruit" meaning one additional, which contradicts your statement about there being more than one recruit per team; and, what does RaudhrGarm saying I'm a VT have to do with populartajo and why are you waiting on him to allegedly move your vote to me?
Are we not all in agreement that the mafia groups probably each have one recruit?

Hero 173: Lets not start the active lurking reasoning less than 24 hours into the game, it just makes you sound silly.
It's too early to say anyone is "lurking", but if porochaz continues the pattern of saying "we should scumhunt as normal" and "lol, DGb fakeclaims", without scumhunting, he'll win my vote soon.

@Cobblerfone: PR's are not an indication of alignment in this game.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:05 am

Herodotus wrote:It's too early to say anyone is "lurking", but if porochaz continues the pattern of saying "we should scumhunt as normal" and "lol, DGb fakeclaims", without scumhunting, he'll win my vote soon.

Just let me vig him.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

springlullaby wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Right now I don't like Magister Ludi's list, that kind of lists are bound to benefit scum than town.

To be fair he's the one that got us talking about possible recruitments if I remember correctly.

Nah, he got people speculating over possible recruit. Key word speculating.

I think it was a productive exercise.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
RaudhrGarm wrote:I don't see xvart being recruited as he's a teamster. Wouldn't you rather try to get a PR as soon as possible rather than a VT?

How would you know he's a VT unless you're the other recruitee or something? How do you know?

How would he know if he was a recruitee?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:36 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

*as in how would he know he's a vt if he was a recruitee?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I know it's been said before, but simply to minimize risk, I don't think that anyone (who isn't an alt) with a recent join date is a reasonable candidate to have been recruited last night. So unless cobbler is an alt, I would not support his lynch today. Also, at the risk of being shown to be an idiot, I think that Magister Ludi is an alt.

On that note as well, one issue that I have with xvart is his suggestion that bvoigt would have been a good recruit (I don't mean this to be a slight against bvoigt at all, just a comment on his join date). So it seems to me that he was trying to cast suspicion randomly with that remark rather than somewhere useful.

Xvart wrote:
The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp.

I don't believe that xvart actually believes this.

xvart about chronopie wrote:
Diminishes his level of play when given a slight amount of attention for being a possible recruit target

What makes you say this?

Herodotus, could you explain how this
Herodotus wrote:
I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

is compatible with your earlier vote on Cobblerfone?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Zdenek wrote:I know it's been said before, but simply to minimize risk, I don't think that anyone (who isn't an alt) with a recent join date is a reasonable candidate to have been recruited last night. So unless cobbler is an alt, I would not support his lynch today. Also, at the risk of being shown to be an idiot, I think that Magister Ludi is an alt.
Note: Albert and/or kinetic may have decided to choose at random, so let's keep our elimination of candidates guarded. Ludi as an alt? Possibly.

Zdenek wrote:
Xvart wrote:
The irony, so-to-speak, of my post is that DGBs case on me is based on a timestamp.

I don't believe that xvart actually believes this.
I believe her original vote for him had to do with a timestamp, and this turned into her case, so I believe xvart believes this, whether he's scum or town.

Zdenek wrote:Herodotus, could you explain how this
Herodotus wrote:
I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

is compatible with your earlier vote on Cobblerfone?

I don't see any incompatibility. I would not have wanted any pressure on Cobblerfone if I thought he was town, either. But Cobbler appeared to basically claim scum, and without any pressure.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:41 pm

ThAdmiral wrote:*as in how would he know he's a vt if he was a recruitee?

QT, duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”