Newbie 1104 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.07

CaptainCuddles - 2 - forest_air, noragar
noragar - 2 - Twistedspoon, chkflip
198Frostbite - 1 - CaptainCuddles
Otolia - 1 - gbevilchaos

Not Voting: Espeonage, 198Frostbite, Otolia

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: June 3.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:47 am

Post by forest_air »

Otolia, you should make a vote soon, or at least give us a better idea on who you are suspicious of. I'm eager to see what you can come up with after reading 8 pages worth of posts and coming in a little later in the game.
"Familiarity breeds contempt."
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:03 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Unvote
. I'm going to wait to hear what Otolia has to say before deciding whether to keep my vote on him or not.
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 am

Post by forest_air »

I don't think we're going to hear a response from him until tomorrow. Yesterday at around this time he said it was late for him >_>
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Otolia »

Out of the 3 banwagonned, none really stands out as very scummy. Frostbite should post more. CptCuddles has make up his mind about what he want to do today. So in the end, the only one who seems to have a plan is noragar. It isn't always scummy not it is townish.

VOTE: noragar. Let's see what you do when under pressure.
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by forest_air »

Otolia wrote:Out of the 3 banwagonned, none really stands out as very scummy. Frostbite should post more. CptCuddles has make up his mind about what he want to do today. So in the end, the only one who seems to have a plan is noragar. It isn't always scummy not it is townish.

VOTE: noragar. Let's see what you do when under pressure.

Putting someone at L-2 on day one isn't putting on as much pressure as if someone were to put him at L-1.

But that would be reckless and stupid, as we have several IRL days before this day ends. But on the other hand, I'm almost tempted to do it. Noragar has been fairly inactive, and doesn't give much reasoning for his votes, which is really bothering me.

CC is still suspicious to me, but I find it interesting how noragar was voting for him soon after I made my vote.

For the time being, I will unvote, and when I wake up, hopefully some stuff happens so I can make another one.

Unvote: CC
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

right. my thoughts

I know I'm town
forest air and gbevil are very high town reads
flippy, otolia and frosty are proably town
cuddles seems too reckless to be scum although i won't rule it out just yet
leaves espe and noragar. If this turns out to be correct I want the MVP

anyone want to give their read on espe?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

I don't really have a read on espe. He hasn't posted with content (I excluded the posts where he went V/LA and said he was playing poker) since Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am. I'd like to here his thoughts on what's happened over the weekend and over the past day. Right now, he seems to be lurking a tiny bit.

Before anyone bitches at me, I know he was away for the weekend. He remained silent the two days before he went away on the 20th and also the past two days since he was back on the 22nd.

FoS Espe
until he posts his thoughts. It does seem like he's hanging around in the background.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

noragar wrote:
chkflip wrote: There was more interest in your reaction to being called out at all tbh. Town motivated response imo.

If you're getting a town-tell from me, why are you so quick to jump on the bandwagon just because TwistedSpoon asked you to?

Properly executing a minor town-tell is not comparative to your alignment. Just because I like the way you answer one thing doesn't mean I like other things you've done. Spoon's initial vote seems to be with little to no reasoning, why not question that? Because you're deflecting scum.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
noragar
noragar
Goon
noragar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by noragar »

chkflip wrote: Spoon's initial vote seems to be with little to no reasoning, why not question that?

Because it was pretty obvious that TS's vote was based on little reason and there wasn't anything to be gained by questioning it or in trying to defend myself against non-existent reasons. I thought at the time that there was more information to be gained by questioning your curious behavior.
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by forest_air »

Okay, noragar seems pretty scummy to me. Call me a bandwagoner, but he is more suspicious to me than CC and his defences aren't really cutting it for me. He has started to post more, but that is only because people are voting against him and he copied my vote with very little reason to back it up.

Vote: noragar
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Otolia »

It is to be expected that anyone who is being bandwagonned start to post more. I am not sure I like the way you are justifying your vote.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

imo, we're just going to keep repeating this L-1 cycle until we get a claim or a lynch

It's happened twice already and I'm very cool with a noragar lynch.

~Screwtape
noragar
noragar
Goon
noragar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 am

Post by noragar »

forest_air wrote: he copied my vote with very little reason to back it up.

I had FoS'd CC four days before your vote (see post #76) and he was the only one I ever stated any strong suspicion about, so I don't see how you can say I copied your vote. As far as piling on votes with very little reason to back it up, how about what's going on with me. The reasons I've seen for the votes against me are:

1. Answering an easy question to try to appear more town
2. Scum skimming because I skimmed over a post that hadn't been made yet when I answered that question.
3. Trying to blend in and not appear scummy. Isn't it good strategy to try to not appear scummy whether you're scum or town?
4. Not posting very much even though I've posted more than half the other people in the game.
5. Copying a vote without reason, even though I stated my reasons before the vote I "copied" was made.

I guess if I'm going out, I may as well have my vote on the person who tried hardest to orchestrate it.

Unvote
Vote: Chkflip

My initial read on the spot when there was nothing else to go on was that of Vanilla townie since I thought that when the original person disappeared immediately, I though it was more likely that someone would just walk away after getting dealt a VT role than either a scum or a power role. But since then, Chkflip's actions make no sense to me. First he tries to fabricate a very weak case against me. Then after that fails, he admits that my responses seem town, then immediately votes for me because someone asked him to. I tried to get more information about his justifications, but it looks like I may not have time to do that.
198Frostbite
198Frostbite
Townie
198Frostbite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 am

Post by 198Frostbite »

VOTE: CaptainCuddles
Insists on calling me scum on what is circumstantial evidence
Don't forget your towel
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Otolia »

So we have a guy at L-1 and all you do is talking about your personal business. Show some seriousness, when someone is at L-1, you are supposed to discuss that situation. If you don't, you are a bad townie unless, well, you are scum ...
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

off topic/

so since this is my first game as IC and my ICness is going to be reviewed have I satsified any questions about the game, mafia or the site in general you may have had?
/offtopic

ontopic/

so frosty, why return to CC? what are your thoughts on Noragar, Flippy, Espe and Otolia. Those are reads I'm interested to hear your take on

~Screwtape
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:23 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

chkflip wrote:
noragar wrote:
chkflip wrote: There was more interest in your reaction to being called out at all tbh. Town motivated response imo.

If you're getting a town-tell from me, why are you so quick to jump on the bandwagon just because TwistedSpoon asked you to?

Properly executing a minor town-tell is not comparative to your alignment. Just because I like the way you answer one thing doesn't mean I like other things you've done. Spoon's initial vote seems to be with little to no reasoning, why not question that? Because you're deflecting scum.

Vote chkflip

You claim he's deflecting scum, but the sentence before you deflect onto TS. That makes you deflecting scum, especially in light of the fact that you refuse to admit to having little evidence. Your reasoning against noragar was extremely weak. His response to the pressure seems townish to me. Your continued heavy pressure and lack of any evidence whatsoever disturbs me.

Also, you stated that Spoon's initial vote seemed to be for little or no reason. Why did you bandwagon on it when asked if you feel it has "little to no reasoning?"
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

noragar wrote:
forest_air wrote: he copied my vote with very little reason to back it up.

I had FoS'd CC four days before your vote (see post #76) and he was the only one I ever stated any strong suspicion about, so I don't see how you can say I copied your vote. As far as piling on votes with very little reason to back it up, how about what's going on with me. The reasons I've seen for the votes against me are:

1. Answering an easy question to try to appear more town
2. Scum skimming because I skimmed over a post that hadn't been made yet when I answered that question.
3. Trying to blend in and not appear scummy. Isn't it good strategy to try to not appear scummy whether you're scum or town?
4. Not posting very much even though I've posted more than half the other people in the game.
5. Copying a vote without reason, even though I stated my reasons before the vote I "copied" was made.

I guess if I'm going out, I may as well have my vote on the person who tried hardest to orchestrate it.

Unvote
Vote: Chkflip

My initial read on the spot when there was nothing else to go on was that of Vanilla townie since I thought that when the original person disappeared immediately, I though it was more likely that someone would just walk away after getting dealt a VT role than either a scum or a power role. But since then, Chkflip's actions make no sense to me. First he tries to fabricate a very weak case against me. Then after that fails, he admits that my responses seem town, then immediately votes for me because someone asked him to. I tried to get more information about his justifications, but it looks like I may not have time to do that.

At this point, I believe you should claim your role. You're under a lot of pressure, and I think that this OMGUS vote that you just pulled (which is probably the scummiest thing you've done so far) will probably result in a lynch. I think you're town, but the majority don't and one vote will push you over the edge. Time to role claim.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I thought he was on L-2

~Screwtape
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.08

L-1 :right: noragar - 4 - Twistedspoon, chkflip, Otolia, forest_air
chkflip - 2 - noragar, gbevilchaos
198Frostbite - 1 - CaptainCuddles
CaptainCuddles - 1 - 198Frostbite

Not Voting: Espeonage

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: June 3.

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Otolia »

@gbevil
: Why do you ask for a Claim ?

@noragar
: Do you have anything to say for yourself except a poorly executed vote on someone else ?

I hereby request a comment on claiming D1 by the IC.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

okay noragar seems as though he is on L-1, my mistake

usually, just before a lynch happens (almost always at L-1 outside of massclaim) the suspected person is asked to claim their role. Now would be a fair time to do so

~Screwtape
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

@Otolia: See above post. TS basically summed it up.
noragar
noragar
Goon
noragar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by noragar »

Well in that case, I claim Vanilla Townie.

And let my final statement be that if the town follows through and lynches me on this little evidence with more than a week to go before the deadline then I hold out very little hope at backdooring a win.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”