CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:31 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

I really haven't liked your play since the beginning actually.
Your response to SGR's "This game is too serious", then voting Pine for being too serious, then voting SGR with little reasoning (town reads based on nothing? They're clearly based on something, but he doesn't have to tell us why), then I really hated the following post, then you went back on Pine and your late play has been terribad.

WrathChild wrote:
WrathChild wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
SGRaaize wrote:Also, I also gotta reveal my reads, cause all the cool kids are or will be doing it.

Town-read on WC and Icey.
Scum-read on LynchMePlz
Way-Too-Serious-Read on Pine

This is a scummy post. Is having a scum read while parking your vote on RVS something you think is town? A way to serious read means what exactly?

Hey Gandalf, where are your breadcrumbs, bro?

Breadcrumb hunting?

I would like you to explain all of those reads. Also, I'd like you to explain why exactly you are hunting for a players breadcrumbs. My only concern is that I'm not sure scum would be this ridiculously obvious. Looks "too scummy to be scum", but I hate those arguments. I think you're the best place for a vote now.

ABR wrote:I have a simple question, does everyone have at least one damaging ability?

My role PM suggests everyone does.

ABR wrote:Only answer if yes, obviously.

Can you explain what possible good this fishing does? How is "only answer if yes" in any way helpful, since those who don't answer are saying no!?

Unvote
Vote: SGR

I want in on this Wagon, I agree with LMP. Throwing out town reads based on nothing is scummy.

UNVOTE, VOTE: SGR

Here's my original vote on SGR. Nothing to do with me seeing myself in his shoes or whatever. I saw very valid points made by LMP, primarily baseless town reads (especially on me, when I didn't feel I was being overly towny (still effing around with RVS) at the time)) and breadcrumb hunting. Later (apparently I need to clarify my comment about my play in American Gods), I saw you paint your own back with a big target with the word EASY going across it. This is exactly the strategy I used in American Gods as Mafia. You know, "Oh poor me, I'm such an easy target and scum are picking on me".

I appreciate your defense and efforts, but would appreciate it even more if you scumhunted instead of calling the person with the best points against you, scum. I actually feel like LMP is one of the most town players so far. If you want me to move my vote off you, convince me there's a better place for it.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 11:49 am

Post by WrathChild »

@CMR: You say I voted SGR on little reasoning, but did you actually read my reasoning in the post you quoted? I gave more than a little reasoning. Compare that to the reasoning you're using to vote me. I see your reasoning equally weak, but 20 or so pages later when there should be much more information for you to build a case off than I had when I built a case on SGR originally. Yeah I was joking around early on, can't really defend that. However, I'm sure if you actually take the time to read what I've posted, you'll see that I'm at least taking this game seriously now and I did NOT overextend joking longer than I should have.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

WrathChild wrote:@CMR: You say I voted SGR on little reasoning, but did you actually read my reasoning in the post you quoted? I gave more than a little reasoning. Compare that to the reasoning you're using to vote me. I see your reasoning equally weak, but 20 or so pages later when there should be much more information for you to build a case off than I had when I built a case on SGR originally. Yeah I was joking around early on, can't really defend that. However, I'm sure if you actually take the time to read what I've posted, you'll see that I'm at least taking this game seriously now and I did NOT overextend joking longer than I should have.

Oh of course I read the post. Hence why I disliked it so much. No one sees what I do?

Yes, you are taking the game seriously. And I dislike how you're playing it. I feel an overreaction to SGR's stupidity that it could be a modkill or have to do with other circumstances. Yes it's an absolutely stupid comment as it's CLEAR that it had to do with him claiming. However, I feel you overreacted. But oh fuck me. I just read something that makes me think you're town.

We need to shift CK3:
Unvote
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

Did you just suggest lynching the mason?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Guys, I did a full reread on Amrun, and erm... Although I'm very tired (00:40 AM here, haven't slept in almost 23 hours), I'm not seeing what's scummy about Amrun.

Could you guys maybe just give me a small summary of why he is scummy? Anything, at this point.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Beefster »

WrathChild wrote:@Beef #741: Wait, you are advocating townies that don't read carefully, even admitting to not reading carefully yourself? Heck, I've missed a few things things in this game and gone back and caught them on subsequent passes, but still would never suggest that not-reading carefully is a town-tell. It's your responsibility as town to read carefully. Just take my whole last debate about Pine's death and SGR's plan, I didn't read the vampire death scene carefully because I usually skim flavor and it lead to a huge distraction. Such a distraction is not helpful to town (maybe it will end up providing some sort of info later as a discussion point), I made a mistake. The bottom line is not-reading carefully = bad for town.
I'm just lazy. I miss details and I really don't care about details.
I'm actually more advocating that scum tends to nitpick- and to nitpick, one must read very closely. I told you it was a stretch.
There's also the other side- the way too lazy to read properly side. That would be me. These people tend to be town, but not always.
Interpret it as you will.

WrathChild wrote:@Beef #743: It's quite clear that you're not reading carefully, because in Post #725 I state that I am NOT confident the Claim = Death is not a mechanic.
Well then. Good to know.

UNVOTE
*applause* Bravo. Good choice. I am town, after all.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Amrun wrote:Did you just suggest lynching the mason?

-__-
No.
Go to hell.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Still in the Material World
1- CryMeARiver - Town
2- gandalf5166
3- chesskid3 - Town
4- Albert B. Rampage - Town
5- Riceballtail
6- Katy - ProbTown
7- Bunnylover -ProbTown
8- IceyCupcake - Town/Who gives a crap if he's a 3rd party
9- Amrun
10- Dry-fit
11- SnakePlissken
12- WrathChild - Town
13- Soben
14- Beefster - Town
15- PeregrineV
16- BabySpice
17- LynchMePls
18- Zdenek
19- Mana_Ku - Town
20- inHimshallibe
21- SGRaaize - Town
22- implosion
23- Feysal
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Beefster »

Amrun wrote:Beefster, reading the thread is not a scumtell and you're retarded and/or scummy for saying so.
It's an insult I'm used to. But nope. It's all wrong. I'm quite intelligent, thank you. And I'm town.

Amrun wrote:All good town read the thread, looking for scum. It's something you ought to try emulating, even though you're scum.

Being town is not an excuse to not read the thread.

ITT I am called scum for reading the game. Smh
I read the thread and look for scum. I just don't home in on details. I often just read up to a post I want to respond to, respond to it, post, then continue briskly reading through the thread.

Really people. Look at my meta. I generally don't care much for it, but with some players that play unorthodox, like chesskid or gandalf (or myself), it REALLY helps to make out deviations in typical playstyle.

I get mislynched on D1... A lot. Not that it really matters.

Town
Scum

You could also check me out in SiTMoA II and OoT Mafia. I survived a bit better in those.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Been trying to catch up and reading ISO's.

Vote Beefster

Don't like the rubbish/made up case on Amrun. Circular logic indded.

Don't like that he answered questions asked of someone else. Also don't like the use of ooc tags in someone elses quotes to do it. Smacks of trying to hide comments from iso reads.

Claims reaction testing for a rubbish case.

I also think he's making up scumtells to suit who he wants to vote for. (Voting twice in a post, reading/not reading the thread)

Don't see a pro-town person behind these actions.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

CMAR, what were you trying to say? I still don't get it.

Beefster, I don't care if you're lazy town. All lazy people are not town, and twisting posts to mean something you want them to, and then saying you didn't read when your case falls apart because it makes no sense, is not a towntell.

NOT being lazy is not a scumtell.

Self-metaing does tend to be, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Unvote
VOTE: Icey
Unvote
VOTE: Beefster
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

I'd like to join the Chesskid alliance.

We need to shift CK3:
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Amrun »

I read it as "shift to CK3" the first time.

Also, grammar is tech. A comma before "CK3" would have made that sentence actual English.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Beefster »

*Groan*
More votes on me.

Amrun wrote:Beefster, I don't care if you're lazy town. All lazy people are not town, and twisting posts to mean something you want them to, and then saying you didn't read when your case falls apart because it makes no sense, is not a towntell.

Point taken. I am town though.
Get to know a meat boy
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Beefster wrote:*Groan*
More votes on me.

Amrun wrote:Beefster, I don't care if you're lazy town. All lazy people are not town, and twisting posts to mean something you want them to, and then saying you didn't read when your case falls apart because it makes no sense, is not a towntell.

Point taken. I am town though.

Oh, well thanks for that nugget of wisdom. I'll be unvoting..... Oh wait? What's that? You're not defending yourself at all?
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Beefster »

@Gandalf: I generally don't defend myself much against votes alone. It's a wasted effort IMO. I figure since I'm town, it will naturally resolve itself at some point.
I do, however, defend myself against cases that are total crap.

Such as this defense against a load of nitpicks and misrep: (And sheeping)
Baby Spice wrote:Don't like that he answered questions asked of someone else.

#1: Quote times that I have done that.
#2: That's not a scumtell. I do it all the time.
#3: Green Jello

Baby Spice wrote:Also don't like the use of ooc tags in someone elses quotes to do it. Smacks of trying to hide comments from iso reads.
Really? You're attacking me for THAT?

Baby Spice wrote:Claims reaction testing for a rubbish case.
Fine. I'll admit it wasn't initially intended to be reaction fishing, despite it turning out that way. I still didn't like the way Amrun reacted to my case. 'sides, cases early in the day always suck compared to cases later in the game.

Baby Spice wrote:I also think he's making up scumtells to suit who he wants to vote for. (Voting twice in a post, reading/not reading the thread)
Nah. I was pointing out tendencies. I thought it was interesting. I wasn't really planning on using it legitimately against her. (Once again, I told you it was a stretch.) Also, note where my vote is right now... Right. It's not currently on Amrun.

About voting twice: I forgot to unvote. What's so scummy about that?

Baby Spice wrote:Don't see a pro-town person behind these actions.
Sure. I play in a somewhat anti-town manner, even though I have town intentions. I'm still town.

Unvote

VOTE: Baby Spice
Not liking the nitpicking and misrep. You've been sheeping a lot, too. (Like right now)
Get to know a meat boy
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

Admitting to a lie? Yes, I think so.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

bleh I will reread this tomorrowish
something doesn't add up
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Soben »

Going to catch up on this game later tonight, but from a brief skim through I'm no longer that big a fan of a Beefster lynch.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Soben »

Soben wrote:Going to catch up on this game later tonight, but from a brief skim through I'm no longer that big a fan of a Beefster lynch.

Told you asshole.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Votecount
-

1- CryMeARiver
[Healthy]
(0)
2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(1) - inHimshallibe,
3- chesskid3
[Healthy]
(0) -
4- Albert B. Rampage
[Healthy]
(0) -
5- Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(1) - Soben
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0) -
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
9- Amrun
[Healthy]
(1) - Zdenek
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
11- SnakePlissken
[Healthy]
(0) -
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(1) - chesskid3,
13- Soben
[Healthy]
(2) - implosion, SnakePlissken
14- Beefster
[Healthy]
(5) - Amrun, LynchMePls, ManaKu, BabySpice, gandalf5166
15- PeregrineV
[Healthy]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(1) - Beefster
17- LynchMePls
[Healthy]
(1) - Riceballtail
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Healthy]
(0) -
20- inHimshallibe
[Healthy]
(1) - Feysal
21- SGRaaize
[Healthy]
(2) - Dryfit, ABR,
22- implosion
[Healthy]
(2) - SGRaaize, Katy
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)
Mod- Snow_Bunny
[Healthy]
(1) - Bunnylover

Not voting (4): PeregrineV, WrathChild, IceyCupcake, CryMeARiver

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 9th at midnight (GMT -5)

chesskid3 wrote:Pedit:
FUck off, asshole

Don't get me started. I bet none of you would want to see a PMS'ing mod enforcing the rules.

WrathChild wrote:
@Snow Bunny: Are you able to confirm or deny that Pine was Modkilled?

/facepalm. I won't confirm anything, but even a three years old baby would be able to get a reliable conclusion from what I've posted.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

14- Beefster [Healthy] (5) - Amrun, LynchMePls, ManaKu, BabySpice, gandalf5166

:snapshot:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by Amrun »

inHimshallibe wrote:14- Beefster [Healthy] (5) - Amrun, LynchMePls, ManaKu, BabySpice, gandalf5166

:snapshot:

And what is this supposed to mean? Please, be specific.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

It's an interesting vote count imo. I've had Beefster down as a town read (strong) and am curious to find him as the leading votegetter.

I've not really read anything, catching up the past day plus.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”