Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:I want to see how many PRs town got
if they seem to have too many then scum could have been given daytalk to balance this out. Then a slip would become viable
that's why I was interested in massclaim

Given the fact that everyone has claimed VT with the exception of Pros I don't see how any new claim would change or amend your read on him, if he's scum there's a massive likelihood he would claim VT, if he's town he'll claim his real role, regardless I don't see how you would suspect him after his claim.

You stated that you will await his claim to properly read him seems as if you're leaving an opening of where to go if he is indeed a town pr. Ie. You could easily then say, there's no way there's X number of pr's in the setup therefore Pros has to be mafia like I said!

Ignoring claims for a second, what do you make of the incident I pointed out earlier in regarsd to LL/Farside? Do you still believe they're scum together even though that occured?
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

the screenshot incident?

maybe. however I guess EA might have done it for exactly this reason. A new dimension to distancing? I'm unsure. I trust my gut over my assumptions of EA's character. But hey, If I'm ever in a scumteam with farside I'll get her to edit her posts, I'll take a screenshot and coast to the endgame on a wave of screenshot distancing. Not a bad tactic.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

If TS is town please kill me now.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Duplicity »

Twistedspoon wrote:the screenshot incident?

maybe. however I guess EA might have done it for exactly this reason. A new dimension to distancing? I'm unsure. I trust my gut over my assumptions of EA's character. But hey, If I'm ever in a scumteam with farside I'll get her to edit her posts, I'll take a screenshot and coast to the endgame on a wave of screenshot distancing. Not a bad tactic.

Say you believe they did this for a "New dimension of distancing" wouldn't one of them bring it up at some point during the game?
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

really? Isn't it more believable if it isn't them who brings it up?

In one of my previous open games I bussed my scumpartner right to his lynch from virtually post 1. For subsequent days I didn't mention the fact that I had bussed and I was believed to be town due to the fact I hadn't brought it up myself to claim townie points for the scum lynch as scum would. (I got lynched anyways but that's beside the point. It's more believable if you don't bring it up yourself)
Locke Lamora wrote:If TS is town please kill me now.

:(

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Look, read that situation again. Do you honestly think that was a planned move? Aside from anything else, I think it would be a pretty big ethical violation on Farside's part to deliberately use mod powers to edit a post just so that EA could call her out on it and gain distancing credit. I know you can say anything can be used to distance, but it's a gigantic stretch to call that a distancing attempt.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

no, I just don't think we can rule out the possiblity of LL/Farside scumteam based on that interaction.
but meh. I'm just one vote

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

No what? No, you don't think it was a planned move? No, you don't think it's distancing? No, you don't agree with my assessment that it's a massive stretch to call it distancing?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I'm not certain it was a planned move. It might not have been. I'm unsure. I just don't see how it makes sense to rule out the possibility of a Farside/LL connection even if it wasn't distancing

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Can we just go over what you're saying here? You think that Farside and EA could have planned, in the pre-game (or via their daytalk QT if you're really still pushing that angle), that Farside would accidentally direct a comment at EA instead of Ender, edit her post using her modding powers, EA would fake noticing it, screenshot it, call Farside out on it and Farside would offer to replace out of the game because of it? Does ANYTHING about that situation look unnatural or staged to you? The fact that you're insisting that it could possibly have been planned is just convincing me that you're scum.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

it might not be planned but it still could have been done if they were both scum

why not?

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

It's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to both be scum and it still have happened (from a hypothetical viewpoint I'd think it's pretty damn unlikely in any game, but that's not the point I'm making here). You, however, tried to push the idea that Farside and EA could have planned it. The point is, you are desperate to maintain Farside/me as a scumteam, to the point where you're ignoring the obvious fact that planning that gambit is utterly ridiculous (and completely against the spirit of the game, in the edit sense). You're not taking the point into consideration and thinking 'how likely is it that Farside and Locke are scum together?'. You're trying to twist the point into any possible scenario that matches the scumteam you're pushing. That's indicative of scum thinking their proposed scumteam is about to go down the drain and desperately trying to convince others that it's still possible.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

Dup wrote:That being I have a slight memory of Farside stating she disagreed with the idea of bussing however I've been unable to locate it.

no. Not just no but hell no. I know scum bus, hell I stated in our previous game how much I expect scum to bus as I do it myself when I am scum.

The topic of LL/me scum team is laughable. Not only because I know I am town, but Dup's point about EA calling me out is not something scum would do. I think I recall Rhinox pointing that out the day it happened.
TS calling it a new dimension for scum to bus is so outside something I can't even imagine. There is no advantage, especially on day 1.

I'm more then comfortable with TS lynch

vote: TS

Quilly: Any other thoughts you have would be great.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:Heh. I reckon what's happening with the night kill is LL/FS (or maybe only one of them) has done this NK so they can say scum are trying to frame them. If it's only one of them it's good for scum because then a townie will be lynched if they're caught.

TS suggested that you might be scum because you were inexperienced enough to not kill a confirmed townie over Rhinox.
Prosaurus wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Prosaurus wrote:Heh. I reckon what's happening with the night kill is LL/FS (or maybe only one of them) has done this NK so they can say scum are trying to frame them. If it's only one of them it's good for scum because then a townie will be lynched if they're caught.

You do realize that TS is pointing to you as scum for the kill and LS is the one saying it was a frame.
Just out of curiosity why did you not notice this or comment on TS's WIFOM of the death of Rhinox against you?

I can't see TS blaming me for the NK in the last two pages at least. And if you mean LL then that's what I was saying...

TS suggested you were inexperienced enough to not kill a confirmed townie over Rhinox. It really wasn't that long ago. Do you think that the Rhinox kill is more likely to have come from a Farside/me team, or a team containing only one of us?

I'm not sure if it's both or only one of you, but I'd say it's at least one of you. As for the TS thing, I don't know what to say that I won't be called scum for. So I'll say I'm not
that
inexperienced, even if I haven't played scum yet.

LL's #992 I'd like to heard all this scummy stuff I've done from you instead of you getting someone else to do it.

About the FS editing her posts and stuff, it seems kind of WIFOM to me. I think scum could do it, but I don't see much point in it. The thing I don't get is why FS edited her posts in the first place.

I'm a
Vanilla Townie.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by Quilford »

yeah um twisted is town as is prosaurus

votes off now

duplicity/LL + farside scumteam
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford wrote:yeah um twisted is town

Explain, becuase you're seeing something that I'm not.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Also, you previously stated that you also didn't believe in a potential Farside+LL team, therefore you're stating you believe our slot is mafia, in which case again I would like for you to explain your reasoning, because from where I'm sitting it's growing more and more obvious that TS is scum. I'm attemping to read through his past scum games to draw comparisons, should have information up within 24 hours.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm going to:

Unvote
while I think about some stuff.

Quilford: if you think Farside is the common denominator, vote for Farside.

Prosaurus: I'm going to take a step back and explain for a moment here. Farside said that she had accidentally edited her post because she thought she was in preview. Regardless of her alignment, I believe that is the truth. If Farside (or anyone) ever deliberately abused their mod powers in order to pull a stunt like that, I'd refuse to play with them ever again and I'd be making a case for them to be removed from their position. So no, it's not WIFOM. It's got nothing to do with her alignment and should be treated as such.

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by Quilford »

say this is theoretically the setup

2 One-Shot Cops
2 Town Masons
1 One-Shot Day Vigilante
5 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia (not sure of specifics)

is it balanced?
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford wrote:say this is theoretically the setup

2 One-Shot Cops
2 Town Masons
1 One-Shot Day Vigilante
5 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia (not sure of specifics)

is it balanced?

It's incredibly hard to judge without knowing the scum roles, if the scum don't have any massive power-roles then no, that's not balanced. Though ignore setup balance and his claim for a second and explain to me what makes you believe TwistedSpoon is town.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

If scum had a investigation-immune godfather and a rolecop, for example, I could see that being balanced. I would certainly expect 2 reasonably strong scum PRs if that is the setup.

Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Duplicity »

From memory godfather in setups with one-shot cops are generally a big no-no, so is the inclusion of cops with masons, it's actually being discussed in [Redacted].

Though to be quite frank his claim is meaningless, there's no possible way he's town via process of elimination.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote:If scum had a investigation-immune godfather and a rolecop, for example, I could see that being balanced.

Or daytalk perhaps?

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Duplicity wrote:I'm attemping to read through his past scum games to draw comparisons, should have information up within 24 hours.

have you read neruzian mafia? Just ended and i was scum
also I was rather poor scum in double day mafia

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, given that we already have one cop and the masons confirmed, that's not really an argument that applies here as that rule has obviously been broken. It's a good point in the context of two one-shot cops and two masons being ridiculously overpowered for town, though.

TS: theoretically, yes, that would help scum a little. It'd take more to balance out the cops and masons in my book.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”