Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

that's not meant to be an insult or anything, I'm just wondering since we I don't usually see so many jump into the mini normal queue
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Final Destination wrote:
HMM HMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, well don't you just wish you knew?

hydra protocol is you have to reveal the heads if asked I believe

am I wrong in assuming one half is altmasterGM though?

No it's not. Some hydras do not reveal. I personally think they should... but such as it is, I don't want to spend the game speculating on hydra identities of a hydra that won't just outright reveal who is in it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Twistedspoon wrote:that's not meant to be an insult or anything, I'm just wondering since we I don't usually see so many jump into the mini normal queue

I do. It's not as uncommon as you think.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I know

still, I want to know if he has any past experience. That would have been a better question

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Final destination is AGM and Fate I believe after doing some research, or at least those were the players in a past game

~Screwtape
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Greymarble wrote:

I actually have a mild town read on Monk for this post:
monk wrote:
vote: Greymarble

confusing logic and
I don't know what else

That's a "scummy" thing to write, but it's exactly the sort of scummy thing to write that scum reviewing their own posts often don't write. Whereas town who are posting 'on the fly' often write exactly that sort of thing.

What draws you to assume that monk would be the type of hyposcum to review posts before making them?

When I look at monk I see a player that is trying to hard to rationalize his first vote of the game, and doesn't seem interested in moving the game from RVS, and in fact seems to be actively trying to derail any attempt to push the game into serious discussion.
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Peaf »

I have not.
I have played mafia for years on GameFAQs. I know the sort of different nuances between mafiascum games and our games - our days are 2 days and night is only one, as opposed to multiple weeks for days. Our games tend to be between 10 and 30 players, with about one third of each faction (at least) being vanilla, or non-PR, and the rest of the roles being power roles of some sort. I've been craving a game of almost-all vanillas (or if you'd rather me say it a different way, a game with very few PRs) for some time, and a guy who goes by SpeedYoshi on GFAX recommended I try a game here. I figured I could skip the newbie game because I definitely have my foundations set and I know how the game works. Obviously our mod agreed with me, because I mentioned that in the signup topic for Mini-Normals. I've skimmed the archives a little bit and I've obviously read quite a few articles from the mafiascum wiki. I am no newbie, I guarantee you.

I can't believe that hydras are common enough to have hydra protocols. Really, what benefit is there to a player to use a hydra?
Whatever.

If I could find a good enough avatar, I'd put it up.
I looked, trust me.
But I have high standards.
Just who the hell do you think I am?

Peace___Frog
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Greymarble »

Zachrulez wrote:
Greymarble wrote:

monk wrote:

confusing logic and
I don't know what else

That's a "scummy" thing to write, but it's exactly the sort of scummy thing to write that scum reviewing their own posts often don't write. Whereas town who are posting 'on the fly' often write exactly that sort of thing.

What draws you to assume that monk would be the type of hyposcum to review posts before making them?

When I look at monk I see a player that is trying to hard to rationalize his first vote of the game, and doesn't seem interested in moving the game from RVS, and in fact seems to be actively trying to derail any attempt to push the game into serious discussion.

I'll discuss it with Llamarble, but at the moment I don't see it. By the by, most newbie scum review their posts. It's experienced scum who have the confidence and mental preparation to post on the fly.

@Peaf: Interesting. How do you view your interactions with other players in the thread? Do you follow their ideas, and are you influenced by them? Do you consider their arguments? How do you interact with others reasoning?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 am

Post by bvoigt »

Vote Count 1.1

monk (3)- Zachrulez, earworm, Final Destination
Peaf (2)- mikemike778, Twistedspoon
bgg1996 (1)- monk
Greymarble (1)- bgg1996
earworm (1)- Greymarble
Twistedspoon (1)- Akira
Zachrulez (1)- Archaist
Archaist (0)
mikemike778 (0)
hiplop (0)
Akira (0)
Final Destination (0)
kondi2424 (0)
Not Voting (3)- hiplop, Peaf, kondi2424
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:58 am

Post by bvoigt »

I almost forgot: The deadline for Day 1 is June 14 at 9:00 PM CST.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 am

Post by hiplop »

v/la until saturday!
third best scummer of all time
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 am

Post by bgg1996 »

Greymarble wrote:@bgg: Did you gain anything from mafia.exe?

I see what you're doing.

You're trying to establishing a connection between us by bringing in the distinction that I and both your parts were in a game together.
Anyway, not much, considering I only lasted the first day.

How did the mod know how Hiplop picked up if he didn't confirm?
It wasn't in my outbox anymore. -bvoigt
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by earworm »

There's an alarming lack of content in Peaf's posts. I'm not liking it.

@Monk: Can you please explain to me why you felt the need to vote three times on the first page? The more I look at it, the more I don't like it.

Slight town read on Gremarble (is GM an appropriate short version of your name?) for creating discussion and consistent scumhunting. The only reason it isn't solid is because both heads of the hydra are solid players that might be able to do this as scum.
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by monk »

Final Destination wrote:SCUMTELL DETECTED: Appeal to being the newbie

RESPONSE: Terminate

Unvote, Vote: monk

I didn't appeal to being a newbie, I was just thinking that it was a strategy that people might employ, not being able to get a meta-read on someone and all, just makes a person that much more squeamish in the spotlight.

@Earworm on my voting three times on the first page each vote had its purpose, why is it scummy to vote three times when one is getting Hiplop closer to being lynched(something I don't think is beneficial since we don't have an adequate read on him from anyone and judging by his reaction to the PM is likely vanilla town), the second I can see that greymarble isn't going to crack under that sort of pressure and the third is for bgg not posting yet, but I still think he needs to post a bit more so I'll leave it there for the moment.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by hiplop »

Akira wrote:VOTE: TwistedSpoon
_▲
▲ ▲ Now this is a triforce.

@hiplop: Uh, care to explain what happened at the start of the thread? No one answer before him, thanks.

Honestly, I just made a mistake, I thought i sent it, and that this was a different game, i messed up bad haha.

Anyway, i'll still be able to make it on a little, VOTE: twistedspoon, you never forget your first time :(
third best scummer of all time
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by monk »

Zachrulez wrote:
Greymarble wrote:

monk wrote:

confusing logic and
I don't know what else

That was my second vote, and part of it's purpose was to get off Hiplop when I thought three in the bed was a little too much, which is why I hopped on GM
Modding:
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Archaist »

monk wrote:While I do think he should post a bit more, I do think it's a bit scummy to start a wagon by saying "WAGON HERE"
Wanting someone to post more when it's only page 2?

Greymarble wrote:Hiplop is actually not scum because with 2 buddies in a pregame QT he would have figured out the confirmation process.
This actually makes sense, especially with the mod saying he didn't confirm yet, though we can't discount the possibility it was all planned I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Twistedspoon wrote:you're trying to make it really obvious here that you're town

I think that's scummy already
A fair assertion.
earworm wrote:There's an alarming lack of content in Peaf's posts. I'm not liking it.
This I agree with. #40 complains about "random votes." #46 complains about hydras. #56 is a long winded explanation of past experience. None of them address the current issues except his one point about monk using the newbie card.
Unvote

Vote: Peaf
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Final Destination »

earworm wrote:VOTE: Monk

Three votes on the first page. Pressure needs applied here.

I don't like this post.

Why do we need more pressure when there's already 3 votes from the first page?
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by monk »

he's saying I made three votes on the first page
Modding:
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Archaist wrote:None of them address the current issues

What issues?

Forget Peaf, there almost isn't any content at all in kondi2424's posts.

Although I can sort of see your point, you shouldn't really expect people to have many opinions yet. They'll just harden, and everybody will get tunnel vision on whoever looked scummiest day one, which usually isn't scum.
Not much has happened yet. When it does, and people don't respond,
then
we start getting suspicious.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by Akira »

^This I agree with. Lack of content is a bad argument to start a case on right now.

I think monk is newbie town, I agree with Greymarble. His triple vote on page 1 helps too.

@bgg: The fuck is kondi2424?
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

bgg1996 wrote:
Forget Peaf, there almost isn't any content at all in kondi2424's posts.

forget a player who's been scummy for a player who hasn't turned up?

why are you so against this RVS wagon on him? Premature Peaf defending noted.

anyways

@Hiplop: what's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?

~Screwtape
Peaf
Peaf
Townie
Peaf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Peaf »

earworm, I'm not one to make bullshit out of what I perceive right now to be nothing. I'm not going to force opinions out of myself - I haven't really observed much yet to give me strong opinions, or even vibes. I find it funny that Archaist goes "oh yeah what he said" and votes for me. Do much of your own thinking, yeah? Lastly with you, not sure how you can say I'm "complaining". I'm talking, bro. And if you're going to say I have "no content" (or fluff, if you'd prefer), then at least be consistent - "no content" =/= "complaining about in-game stuff". #56 was asked of me, you know. And the others were, in my opinion, valid posts to be making while others were going "oh lol votevotevote".

I do find it weird that bgg defended me when I honestly feel there's nothing much to defend me from. "Forget Peaf" is a really weird thing to say. bgg might be scum who doesn't care about some new guy, and is more threatened by someone else or something. Also, when he says "let's wait for something to happen" I feel like he's not looking for scum at all. Like, what kind of scumhunting is that - "when someone says they're scum I'll vote for them" is what I'm reading from that.
Vote: bgg1996

Akira declaring monk as newbie town so early in our game strikes me as very odd. Noting it for future reference.
Just who the hell do you think I am?

Peace___Frog
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 5:01 am

Post by monk »

Peaf your second paragraph, looks like bussing, but you kind of have a point, there is little that he is doing in the way of scumhunting.

Though I haven't really seen people going "oh lol votevotevote" apart from myself and my rationale is further up. I have also explained why I played the newbie card.

Is there anyone else that sticks out as scummy to you peaf?
Modding:
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 5:03 am

Post by earworm »

monk wrote:@Earworm on my voting three times on the first page each vote had its purpose, why is it scummy to vote three times when one is getting Hiplop closer to being lynched(something I don't think is beneficial since we don't have an adequate read on him from anyone and judging by his reaction to the PM is likely vanilla town), the second I can see that greymarble isn't going to crack under that sort of pressure and the third is for bgg not posting yet, but I still think he needs to post a bit more so I'll leave it there for the moment.

The point of RVs is to apply pressure and see how people react to it. Your first two votes (the Greymarble one especially) were wastes. They applied zero pressure on the person that you voted because of the extreme haste in which you changed your vote.

Peaf wrote:earworm, I'm not one to make bullshit out of what I perceive right now to be nothing. I'm not going to force opinions out of myself - I haven't really observed much yet to give me strong opinions, or even vibes. I find it funny that Archaist goes "oh yeah what he said" and votes for me. Do much of your own thinking, yeah? Lastly with you, not sure how you can say I'm "complaining". I'm talking, bro. And if you're going to say I have "no content" (or fluff, if you'd prefer), then at least be consistent - "no content" =/= "complaining about in-game stuff". #56 was asked of me, you know. And the others were, in my opinion, valid posts to be making while others were going "oh lol votevotevote".

I like this part of the post. Very open. Townpoints for you.
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”