Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Quilford »

All the points raised D2 about the NE vs Twisted lynch make Twisted town.

Dup I never said that I thought you were scum.

Pro would've hammered if he were scum and TS town.

VOTE: Farside

I wouldn't be surprised if I've completely fucked up.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Quilford »

UNVOTE: Farside

ugh
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:20 am

Post by Duplicity »

1) Yes you did, you state that scum is LL/Dup + Farside while also stating that LL+Farside aren't a scum-team.

2) Pros never had hammer as I had unvoted, the only way he could have hammered was if you voted Twisted or Twisted self-voted, neither was the case.

3) I've already explained how bussing in a situation such as day twos would be optimal scum play therefore I find it hard to understand what your Twisted town-read is based upon, can you please attempt to elaborate on your explanation.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Quilford: here's the thing. The more I read Twisted the worse he looks. He doesn't even look like he genuinely suspects NE on D1. Look what he says when he hops on that wagon:

Twistedspoon wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE

Then after that, where's the scumhunting? He doesn't attack NE, he barely even questions him. It's all for show. NE is his top suspect without any actual suspicion. If there's a clearer indication of a bus than that, I don't know what it is. I see where you're coming from with the D2 interactions and it's why I've unvoted to think about this some more, but if we put that aside for a second, can you honestly tell me if there's anything else in TS's play that points to him being town? I could really go on a whole lot longer with examples of things that look disingenuous and scummy, but I'd like your unbiased perspective on this so you can tell me I'm not mad.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Quilford »

Duplicity wrote:1) Yes you did, you state that scum is LL/Dup + Farside while also stating that LL+Farside aren't a scum-team.

2) Pros never had hammer as I had unvoted, the only way he could have hammered was if you voted Twisted or Twisted self-voted, neither was the case.

3) I've already explained how bussing in a situation such as day twos would be optimal scum play therefore I find it hard to understand what your Twisted town-read is based upon, can you please attempt to elaborate on your explanation.

1) I fucked up. You're not scum.

2) farside had voted, no?

3) Everything everything everything else on TS makes him scum but the 'one-shot' "claim" makes all that town.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Quilford »

weekend's approaching, I'll vote then with an explanation
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford wrote:1) I fucked up. You're not scum.
2) farside had voted, no?
3) Everything everything everything else on TS makes him scum but the 'one-shot' "claim" makes all that town.

1) Does that mean you really believe it's LL+Farside?
2) Yes, but that's 2 votes on TS, takes 4 to lynch therefore Pros can't hammer.
3) I know where you're coming from G was saying something slightly similar to that for quite a while.

I'm likely going to be unable to post the next day or two, though I'll leave my thoughts with G and he'll probably be able to post during this period.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Quilford »

okay okay

spare me

I will have voted and made a case by the end of the weekend hopefully long before
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

tbh, I just wanted to let my investigation do the talking on NE. I'm awful at scumhunting too. I can't remember the last time I did so :/

I think Quilford familiar with my scum meta now that our other mini normal has just ended, for what it's worth
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'm going to:

Unvote
while I think about some stuff.

Quilford: if you think Farside is the common denominator, vote for Farside.

Setting up here for another quick hammer mislynch for a scum win, ala American God's?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Quilford: here's the thing. The more I read Twisted the worse he looks. He doesn't even look like he genuinely suspects NE on D1. Look what he says when he hops on that wagon:

Twistedspoon wrote:indeed, NE has gone under the radar for too long

I'm fine with this wagon. My vote on Javert is utterly redundant anyways now that his wagon is gone and he's claimed :/

VOTE: NE

Then after that, where's the scumhunting? He doesn't attack NE, he barely even questions him. It's all for show. NE is his top suspect without any actual suspicion. If there's a clearer indication of a bus than that, I don't know what it is. I see where you're coming from with the D2 interactions and it's why I've unvoted to think about this some more, but if we put that aside for a second, can you honestly tell me if there's anything else in TS's play that points to him being town? I could really go on a whole lot longer with examples of things that look disingenuous and scummy, but I'd like your unbiased perspective on this so you can tell me I'm not mad.

I mentioned this on day 3. Why didn't you say anything about it then?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yeah, because this situation is exactly the same as American Gods. Do you think I'm scum with TS? Do you have a case on me? Is anything here reminiscent of my play there?

And I don't remember you bringing it up yesterday. I've been back and checked, though, and it was after I had already left for holiday. In any case, I was more interested in my Maxous-scum theory yesterday and I didn't look at TS in as much detail as I have today.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

anyone want to do some VCA for the maxous lynch?

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I'll admit I'm no good at it :/

~Screwtape
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

TS: so I looked over your scum game that just finished, and my scum read just got reinforced. You basically bus your buddy hiplop pretty casually by doing a complete about-turn on your meta-defence of him. I also get the impression from looking at your other games that you don't consider yourself to be the kind of player who'd drop such an obvious PR-tell as your 1-shot comment. You now appear to be declaring that you can't even scumhunt properly, which, by the way, is really not a great way to convince people you're town.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

so you're sticking with the theory that I'm some sort of mafia one-shot rolecop or mafia one-shot roleblocker and that's how I noticed a one shot theme after ender's claim?

~Screwtape
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Post by neil1113 »

You guys vote / unvote a lot... :/

Vote Count #1.2:
Day Four

Twistedspoon
(1): Farside22
Locke Lamora
(1): Twistedspoon
farside22
(0)
Duplicity
(0):
Quilford
(0):
Prosaurus
(0):

No Lynch
(0):

Not Voting
(4): Prosaurus, Quilford, Duplicity, Locke Lamora
V/LA
(0):
Prodding:
(0):

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline
for Day Four is
5:00 PM EST 06/01/11
Last edited by neil1113 on Fri May 27, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'm going to:

Unvote
while I think about some stuff.

Quilford: if you think Farside is the common denominator, vote for Farside.

Prosaurus: I'm going to take a step back and explain for a moment here. Farside said that she had accidentally edited her post because she thought she was in preview. Regardless of her alignment, I believe that is the truth. If Farside (or anyone) ever deliberately abused their mod powers in order to pull a stunt like that, I'd refuse to play with them ever again and I'd be making a case for them to be removed from their position. So no, it's not WIFOM. It's got nothing to do with her alignment and should be treated as such.

Well I was trying to say it's null... So yeah.

I don't understand how scum need two strong PRs to make it balanced.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Prosaurus wrote:I don't understand how scum need two strong PRs to make it balanced.

If 1 shot vig hits scum D1 and there's 2 1-shot cops who both check scum N1 the game would be over D2, that's something a mod wouldn't allow to be possible.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

K, got it now.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

So that Prosaurus doesn't have to complain that I haven't done it, here are some examples of scummy things Prosaurus has done:

Plays the newbie card to explain his lack of scumhunting, argues that something isn't scummy rather than being able to find something that is (there are other examples of this but I won't go through them all):

Prosaurus wrote:PS: Just did a proper read. But, due to my lack of experience/skill, I'm lacking reads on anyone.
About Oso, I don't see anything he did as scummy. Answering questions before they're asked is in no way scummy to me, it just saves posts really.

Hostile, defensive reaction to NE's accusation of active lurking:

Prosaurus wrote:
Necessary Evil wrote: Prosaurus is very similar: he voted for Javert and he has been active lurking.

I haven't actually. I have more of a life than being on Mafia 24/7.

Already trying to chain a scumteam together here, also implies knowledge of a 3-man scumteam:

Prosaurus wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
I suggest we park a noose around Twistedscum's neck.

Agreed.

---
@Maxous: PATIENCE! lets take care of obv scum twistedspoon first, then we can work out which one of {
Javert
, Oso, farside22, Me=Weird, Necessary Evil} were scum on the easy to wagon ender. EA and ender are both town btw.
---
Question for you - why do the actions you are accusing EA and ender of make them scummy? In my experience, those things are not really things I see scum partners do, like, ever.

1) Why? He's doing about as much as I am.
2) EA+Ender+Rhinox seem to be banding together. 3 people. Hmmmmm...
3) If they are both scum, maybe they'd do that because they know it's uncommon and won't be suspected.

Points out that the claimed vig has been absent for a prolonged period of time, which pings my scumdar as throwing dirt on an easily provable claim:

Prosaurus wrote:Eh. No real evidence, but keeps denying that EA or Ender could possibly be scum.
Also, speaking of Javert, it's been over 2 days since his last post, hasn't it?

This eagerness to cast doubt on claimed roles comes back again when he reacts to the mason claim:

Prosaurus wrote:May I point out there
is
infact a mason role which is scum.
May I also popint out that scum can talk to each other, and put in a fake breadcrumb incase of a situation like this.

Prosaurus wrote:I'm not buying this mason act.

Actively wants one of them lynched/killed just to prove the claim:

Prosaurus wrote:The thing is, you are making this seem like it's impossible for scum to do such a thing, making everyone believe you. I, for one, won't.
I refuse to believe you guys till one of you is lynched or NKed.

Then his reaction to TS's guilty on NE completely dodges the issue at hand:

Prosaurus wrote:I still reckon EA is scummy, not to mention his vote hop bandwagoning.

Warns people to be careful about the lynch while still sitting on the fence. Thinks NE is scummier but puts absolutely no analysis into it.

Prosaurus wrote:Careful. Depending on who we lynch could change the whole outcome of this game. I say NE is scummier, but I'm still unsure.

Then this gem of a vote on Farside because 'nothing's happening':

Prosaurus wrote:Since nothing's happening, I'd like to vote Farside.
VOTE: farside22
That's L-1 incase no one's noticed.

In short, I see a lack of interest in scumhunting, eagerness to throw doubt on claimed roles when there is no cause to do so, and almost complete avoidance of the NE/TS situation for a sizeable portion of the day. The main things that give me pause on a scum-read are that he drops some howlers that are almost too big, for instance: asking TS if he is cop or scum; sitting on the fence when there's a guilty on NE. I'm finding it hard to see TS/Prosaurus as scum together, though, as I would have expected there to be a bit more in the way of instruction on how to react to the claim if the whole guilty thing was a gambit.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

TS: my guess would be that the scum have a 1-shot role to match town's 1-shot roles. It's possible that you just genuinely thought Javert claimed 1-shot vig, as you said, in which case it's pretty much null anyway.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Locke Lamora wrote:It's possible that you just genuinely thought Javert claimed 1-shot vig, as you said, in which case it's pretty much null anyway.

my excuse was that I thought javert had calimed one-shot

I didn't want to reveal my role at that point so i used that as an excuse :/

~Screwtape
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the lack of post. I had many things come up at home. I will not have time to respond today and will get back to this after I return from my trip.
Mod: Just a reminder I will be out till Tuesday

Noted. Have fun. :)
Last edited by neil1113 on Fri May 27, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

@LL
To me only the last two are scummy.
3rd quote isn't a 3 man scum team normal?
4th I was think he should have been prodded.
5th/6th Either that or I had doubts of my own...
7th Yeah, why not? I didn't believe it.
8th Yes, I had a whole post about someone (Your slot) who I still thought was scummy instead of something about NE or TS.
9th First part I don't see as scummy.
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”