Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I think you'd benefit from some more time in the Newbie queue, Ran.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ok, what exactly did you think of my play that I might need to improve?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Brandi »

This was a fun game to read! Good job Singersigner <3

Also, just noting that this post here was incredibly sexy:

SocioPath wrote:
AGar wrote:When my wagon crumbles
Not today.
Unvote
Vote: AGar
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 am

Post by chkflip »

Ranmaru wrote:Ok, what exactly did you think of my play that I might need to improve?

If anyone wants to take a moment to answer this (replacing me with ran here obv) that'd be swell.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Papa Zito »

@Ran: The foremost thing I'd suggest is learning focus.

Brandi wrote:Also, just noting that this post here was incredibly sexy:

+1

But what else would you expect from Sociopath.
Kappa
Just Monika
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Like you mean, wagon wise? I don't understand. ;-;
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ranmaru wrote:Fair enough. GG's tho. I wanted to see more from ya tho, but good stuff all.

My reads were off in this game until midway through...or maybe your expectations are inflated because of my manly beard being too distracting.

This one will probably be added to Sotty's 'Thor's charm is difficult to lynch' evidence stack next time she's rampaging at me though. I'm still not sure how the wagon flowed off me onto you that day.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:21 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I think he means dont jump all over the place. Maybe a newbie game or two would be good, but I think you would be able to play in a normal game without much of an issue. This game though I think every other player had at least a years experience, half around three years so its quite different.

@Thor - Half the reason I checked you was because of your earlier reads. I thought you were playing good, so if you were town I hoped confirmed status would snap you back into the game some more.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

Post by chkflip »

He brought a lot of attention to himself and you defended like a champion.

Simple as.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Everything wise. Spamming the thread, reacting to every single thing posted, and throwing your vote willy-nilly will not achieve your goals unless your goals are to drown the game and/or get lynched.
Kappa
Just Monika
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I think it was most likely my fault. Bob said I didn't give reasoning and was the third vote on the wagon. Then my fate was sealed when I finally moved on to Chk. : P

Yeah I'm already in the que. : P

If he means with vote hopping, I just love vote hopping. : P (I can't make up my mind) If it has to do with my posting lol, I'll try to work on that.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Yeah I just always have a thing to say... Yeah again, I'm just used to quicker posting. Deadlines are soooo long.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

I don't find spamminess a scumtell personally - of course I've played multiple games with Ythan too, so...
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I kinda spammed up the Dead qt too tho. ;-; Sorry my fellow dead ones.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Ythill »

GG, town. I don't mind the scum QT being shared.

CES wrote:We could've still won if we had gone with my plan instead of "hurr hurr, PZ is the doc".

Is it necessary to be insulting? Yes, we were wrong about Zito and a couple of other things. You sheeped 2/3 wof them and might have "saved the game" if you'd bothered to argue the bob kill with reasonable points. We personally caught both the cop and tracker before they claimed.

chk wrote:Llama, on the other hand, could've been just as obvious to the doc and could've been saved. Giving us a no kill - I think that's what they were trying to avoid. Also: doc hunting.

We didn't catch him until after he got AGar. Nacho was killed because we couldn't agree on anyone else and, "he's never going to get lynched." At that point we thought SP and Plum were PRs but the former was too dangerous to kill, both because he was too obv (lol) and suspected too many of us, and the latter because she was drawing just enough suspicion to whittle the town majority without being pushed to claim.

The first part of your theory is why we didn't kill Llama N3 though.

SP wrote:Except that wasn't at all whom Punkinscum would kill.

Correct. We were taking Oman to the endgame, even after knowing he was cop confirmed.

Several things went wrong for us right out of the gate. This is the third time I've seen NS' self-hammer in the early game lead to a scum loss. N1, 4/4 mafia thought Fate was playing too timid and therefore a PR. I felt like the whole scumteam was pretty lazy at night, if you read the QT you'll see what I mean. That lead to the Nacho kill and to us catching the cop a day too late. The RB lynch was certainly unfortunate, as was our inability to find the doc. Pretty much everything after AGar's lynch was a last ditch effort at damage control. Even if we'd killed Cyber N4, we needed a miracle to win with a cop and tracker alive vs. two goons.

Though follow-the-cop is what doomed us, the best town play came from SP. He was correct about most of the scumteam, drew the NK with what we read as a D2 watcher crumb, and quick-hammered AGar before he was able to follow through on the fake-claim he was setting up.

@Singer:
Thanks for modding. You did a great job. About the VCs... it wasn't that you posted too few, just that your timing wasn't ideal during the middle of D1, which is more about luck than anything. Just want to say again that I wasn't questioning your work ethic, just asking for a VC. :D

@Ran:
Though your lack of focus was costly to you in the midgame, what I'd suggest you work on is your understanding of logical debate. You made some really scummy arguments, like the burden of proof fallacy against PZ, and you took the low road in a lot of your arguments with us. Nitpicking and/or cherry picking tends to look suspicious and all these things combined made you an easy mislynch, no offense intended. Something that might help you a little is trimming down your posts. Brief comments that solidly address an entire situation rather than pick at minute details usually do better in the long run.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ythill »

Also wanted to say that this is my 4th non-town PM in a row. I'm not even sure what my town meta is anymore. :(

I caught one of my own meta-tells this time though. From here on out I vow to be more ambivalent as town or more insistent as scum.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:07 am

Post by chkflip »

Ythill wrote:Also wanted to say that this is my 4th non-town PM in a row.

Damn my replacing out of Nintendo Mafia. :P

Confused YthILL with YthAN. Silly me.
Last edited by chkflip on Thu May 26, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Ythill wrote:
CES wrote:We could've still won if we had gone with my plan instead of "hurr hurr, PZ is the doc".

Is it necessary to be insulting? Yes, we were wrong about Zito and a couple of other things. You sheeped 2/3 wof them and might have "saved the game" if you'd bothered to argue the bob kill with reasonable points. We personally caught both the cop and tracker before they claimed.

We were both wrong about plenty of things when it came to PRs - dochunting ain't easy. I'm just annoyed to lose a game this way. Though I do think you two put much stock in oddities, e.g. Plum's sonnet and PZ's absentmindedness, when it came to power role hunting.

I think follow-the-cop helped us midgame by the bye since it lead to a lazy town giving us easy mislynches on chk and ran which kept us in it.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Plum »

Wait wait, hold on
now
I have to see the Dead quicktopic if we can secure permissions and such.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 am

Post by chkflip »

singersigner wrote:Dead QT

Or did you mean Scum QT?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Plum »

Yeah, meant scum, not dead. Whoops.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Mina will be pleased that punkin flipped scum.

This was a fun game to replace into even if I did get extremely lazy after being cop confirmed. Oh well. Thanks for modding Singer.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Ythill wrote:
@Ran:
Though your lack of focus was costly to you in the midgame, what I'd suggest you work on is your understanding of logical debate. You made some really scummy arguments, like the burden of proof fallacy against PZ, and you took the low road in a lot of your arguments with us. Nitpicking and/or cherry picking tends to look suspicious and all these things combined made you an easy mislynch, no offense intended. Something that might help you a little is trimming down your posts. Brief comments that solidly address an entire situation rather than pick at minute details usually do better in the long run.

Oh yeah I'm a bad debater... ;-; I guess I was wrong about that. Which arguments? (I know I voted Chk when you said "can we plz lynch chk?) Lol I need to look at those... Yeah everything catches my attention.

No it's fine I'm a big boy. I appreciate the CC and good games. Still liked the effort with the VCA.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Crazy »

Good game, everyone. :)

For one, this is the best playerlist I've ever played with, so thanks everyone for that.

As for Ran, he did fine. He's ten times the player I was when I joined this site 3 years ago. I'd echo Punkin's advice to focus on the main points and trim down the unnecessary details of a case. I didn't mind the spamming, once I got used to it. I don't think being "frantic" is really a scum-tell.

As for chk, he should avoid having associations to dead scum. :P Nah, apart from that the main reason I found him suspicious was just because he kept voting without really providing reasoning for some of his earlier votes.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by quadz08 »

This was such a ridiculous playerlist...

Good game, all. *thumbsup*
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Open Games”