BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

ReaperCharlie wrote:V/LA this weekend.

May be able to post Friday.

ಠ_ಠ

Listen, I'm not looking to lynch a lurker on Day 2. We've got better leads to follow. But your behavior is just so damn scummy! There's a difference between someone who's inactive, and someone who is very active but not contributing.

LlamaFluff wrote:After everyone has had a chance to chime in an lay out a possible connection to the investigation target I probably will. I want a few more people to give specific input into the matter first though, always can help for tackling future things.

I have a sinking feeling that you are holding off naming a name because you're not quite sure who you want to put in the hot seat. Or maybe it's just that I don't understand your rationale for not revealing your information. Why are you trying to keep the alleged cult recruiter hidden in anonymity?
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Porochaz »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: Porochaz

several reasons:

1. Voting another "deadwood" policy lynch (ReaperCharlie) when 2-3 of his main suspects are still alive. (DeathNote and AGar. I'm guessing Frank and Valerie are Furc and vez?)
Porochaz wrote:The 3 top lynch candidates.

1, Frank, beyond what happened before, the voting is horrible
2, DeathNote, her posts have gotten incredibly bad - I might go into this later, but as I prefer Frank just now
3, Valerie, Ive made my reasons clear on him already

The bandwagon analysis isn't a great indicator in my view as both whether you like it or not have done things to warrant votes.

If I was to put a 4th person on the list it would be Agar, mostly due to his fierce stance on the val wagon, its the aggressiveness not the stance which bothers me. However Im not willing to put a vote on him until I had ISO'd him and done some looking at his meta.

2. Extraordinarily high post to content ratio. Very image-oriented.

3. If Amrun was killed by scum/SK targeting another scum faction, Porochaz was really the only person to go after her aggressively yesterday.

I think you know fine well that the vote is purely a pressure vote, the 3rd point the only way I can respond to it is through WIFOM, in that as I was the only person to go after Amrun why would I then go ahead and kill her?

The 2nd point I think is moot considering the extent at which I went after Amrum.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
V/LA this weekend.

You need to get out of this fucking game. Don't replace into games you have no intention of playing.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Furcolow »

#943 and #944 feel like scum skimming
vote: Hezzlucky
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Furcolow »

REALLY liking MrBuddyLee's #966, strong town read there
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@LF
do you need anything from me as per your #970?

I agree with the 3 names listed in #971 as being scummy on the Surye wagon. I don't want to be a hypocrite, as I lead to the ML myself, but I wouldn't be surprised with one or two of Kison/Cogito Ergo Scum/Zindaras being scum
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Limited access through Monday.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Who I don't want to lynch:
Furcolow
Albert B. Rampage
MrBuddyLee
Yosarian2
SensFan
Internet Stranger
AGar
LlamaFluff
Primate
Porochaz
DeathNote
Kublai Khan
Medicated Lain
GummyBear (quadz/singer hydra)
Toon Fighter
ReaperCharlie
Kison
Cogito Ergo Scum
Zindaras
BrianMcQueso
HezLucky
:Who I do want to lynch
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Kison »

Yosarian2 wrote:If there was a scum pushing the Surye lynch from a fairly early point, I'm thinking it was probably either Kison, who attacked Surye but didn't really do much of anything else on day 1 (he also attacked bamboomancer early on, but seems to have forgotten it and hasn't had any questions or anything for Bamboomancer's replacement) or CES; I'm not really impressed by CES's posting day 1 in general. Zindaras is also possible, but that seems less likely to me.

Vote:Kison
for now.

Your comment about me not pursuing Kublai Khan is odd. My vote was on Bamboomancer because in the two posts he made before flaking he had posted many words without taking any real stand on anything. Kublai replaced in and attacked four different players in his catchup post.

~

The three vote ReaperCharlie wagon is terrible and an easy lynch. He isn't playing the game. No read there whatsoever.

Porochaz wrote:I think you know fine well that the vote is purely a pressure vote,

You may as well not be voting if you're doing so solely to 'pressure' and announcing it as such.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Zindaras »

What I don't understand, from both Yossy and Furry:

1) The vote count is crap and you should know this. I was the first one to vote Surye and I'm listed after IS. Kison voted Surye in 543, which is after Hez (526). Vezok should technically be a lot later in the line-up because he unvoted and revoted later on. Also note how the mods failed to see both Hez's 526 and Kison's 543. Primate actually voted Surye in 648, which is before CES and Fur, but because he only mentioned it later, he got plugged it elsewhere. So the correct order is, I believe:
Surye (13) - (Zindaras, Internet Stranger, vezokpiraka, HezLucky, Kison, Primate, Cogito Ergo Sum, Furcolow, AGar, DeathNote, Kublai Khan, LlamaFluff, ReaperCharlie) (I've kept Vezok where he was despite his later short unvote/revote)
With all the missed votes and problems we've had with counts, you decide to just go with an analysi
2) Since when did leading a wagon become scummier than hopping on one? I see no analysis of actual arguments. Yossy's original statement was nothing but "for the sake of argument, let's assume there's scum leading the wagon". Well, fine, I can accept that for the sake of argument, but that's nothing to base a vote on.
3) There's no actual reason to believe that people leading the Surye wagon were scum. The original Surye wagon (especially the first three votes) were in reaction to the Vezok (town) wagon. Now, I could see more of where you're going if Furry is scum, but even then the analysis would only work for the people who hopped on at a later stage because the leading votes were there way before there even was a Furcolow wagon.
4) There's no actual reason to single out the Surye wagon. We have a perfectly fine other wagon on a Townie (the Vezok wagon) and yet somehow this isn't interesting to you. Let's look:
vezokpiraka (7) - (SensFan, DeathNote,
Surye
, Albert B. Rampage, Medicated Lain, Porochaz, Yosarian2)
Since, statistically speaking, the odds of there being no scum on this wagon are extremely slim, there must be scum on this wagon. Let's just lynch them all until we find scum!
5) Statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely that all the players with Y's in their names are town. Hence, we should now lynch the rest of this list until we find scum:
3. ReaperCharlie (replacing fuzzylightning)
10. HezLucky
12. MrBuddyLee
20. Yosarian2
23. GummyBear (quadz/singer hydra)
6) The timing of votes is completely ignored. I'm pretty sure my vote was on Surye for two weeks before it became a significant wagon.

I find this just plain scummy from both Yosarian and Furcolow. For Yosarian, it's basing a vote completely on something that can hardly be called wagon analysis, forgoing the analysis of arguments of the people on the wagon and the timing of votes, preferring to attack leaders instead of mindless sheep and focusing completely on one town-wagon when there were two yesterday (and, not surprisingly, he ignores the wagon he led himself, which also defeats his own argument of there having to be scum leading the wagon). For Furcolow, it's simply the extreme irony that he's actually finding people scummy for founding the wagon he mindlessly sheeped on to save his own pathetic life. Yesterday he got all moany about me for "attacking" him (which I hadn't even done by the time he voted me and I only did so because he voted me, which makes him quite the psychically gifted, plus really good at fixing time paradox problems), and today he's attacking people for attacking someone else. There's zero consistency in his arguments and his play.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Yay for irony!

Furcolow wrote:Zindaras attacking me is attacking the town to me
I don't mind eliminating threats to the town

Furcolow wrote:Who I don't want to lynch:
Furcolow
Albert B. Rampage

MrBuddyLee
Yosarian2
SensFan

Internet Stranger
AGar
LlamaFluff

Primate
Porochaz

DeathNote
Kublai Khan
Medicated Lain
Toon Fighter

ReaperCharlie
Kison
Cogito Ergo Scum

Zindaras
BrianMcQueso

HezLucky
:Who I do want to lynch

Orange voted Furcolow at some point, Red voted Furcolow at the end of the day.

Patrick wrote:Furcolow (8) - (SensFan, Toon Fighter, BrianMcQueso,
Surye
creampuffeater
, GummyBear, Medicated Lain, Furcolow)

I checked this vote count because it's obviously wrong and Poro is the last vote. Mod should probably fix that.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Also yay for triple posting!

As much fun as this little tangent is, we should be lynching Apathetic Albert right now. The guy has seriously been on every crappy wagon in the entire game.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Well one thing I can say about you Fur, is at least your method of suspicion is easy to read, I think I'll follow suit backwards.

People who seem suspicious:
Albert B. Rampage --looking back over day one, ABM makes very little sense. He voted for Vez through most of day one.. (granted very clear in his point, he really seemed to be pushing to end things fast) and then when that wasn't working, just switched around briefly to a few places. He voted for me a few days before the deadline, as a fouth vote, putting me very much out there as a possible lynch target, despite the fact he said afterwards that he has no problem with me. One more thing, is that he was on neither of the two main wagons. Given that he was already on the Vez wagon earlier, was he specifically staying away to keep eyes off of him today? I think it's very possible.
vote:Albert B. Rampage

AGar --reasons posted yesterday + a part of the Surye wagon, don't really know why he chose that direction.
Internet Stranger -- In some ways, I'm more worried about IS. He was leading the way on Surye all day yesterday, despite the fact Surye explained everything to the best of his ability, and really didn't seem that scummy after his stupid idea. I think IS did a great job of leading the town to kill Surye, and that worries me.
Furcolow -- Reasons posted yesterday
ReaperCharlie --Don't like the hopping around, great lack of information on this character in general, and that worries me.
MrBuddyLee -- Something doesn't read well with MBL, but i'm not sure what yet, planning to ISO soon.
Cogito Ergo Scum -- Didn't like the posting content yesterday.
Kison -- lack of posting.
Porochaz
Yosarian2
Primate
DeathNoteGummyBear (quadz/singer hydra)
Toon Fighter
Kublai Khan
HezLucky
SensFan
LlamaFluff
BrianMcQueso
Zindaras
:People who seem alright
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

That should be : People who seem alright at the bottom there.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

gummy bear appears twice in your analysis, lain
~Toon fighter~
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:That's horrid, Yosarian.

You're basically going:
1) take a group of people
2) state that there's bound to be scum in there without explanation, relying on the size of the group to make your statement seem sufficiently plausible
3) call out several members of the group as being likely town
4) ignore the fact that it undermines that this undermines 2)
5) conclude that the other members of the group are somehow now more likely to be scum

Without explanation? It's pretty rare that a pro-town person is lynched without some scum involved in helping to push the bandwagon, especially in a large game like this, CES; it's possible, but it's unlikely. Bad wagons usually have some kind of scum backing to make them happen. So, if that is the case, I was trying to figure out who that might be. What part of that logic do you disagree with?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote:What I don't understand, from both Yossy and Furry:

1) The vote count is crap and you should know this. I was the first one to vote Surye and I'm listed after IS. Kison voted Surye in 543, which is after Hez (526). Vezok should technically be a lot later in the line-up because he unvoted and revoted later on. Also note how the mods failed to see both Hez's 526 and Kison's 543. Primate actually voted Surye in 648, which is before CES and Fur, but because he only mentioned it later, he got plugged it elsewhere. So the correct order is, I believe:
Surye (13) - (Zindaras, Internet Stranger, vezokpiraka, HezLucky, Kison, Primate, Cogito Ergo Sum, Furcolow, AGar, DeathNote, Kublai Khan, LlamaFluff, ReaperCharlie) (I've kept Vezok where he was despite his later short unvote/revote)

Kison didn't vote Surye until later in the day, yes, but he was FOSing him from fairly early on. He was one of the people pushing the wagon, certainly.

2) Since when did leading a wagon become scummier than hopping on one?

In this case, we have "people who pushed the wagon", "people who hopped on later", and "a few people who joined at the end to ensure we didn't get a no-lynch". I am suggesting that there are likely to be some scum in the first two groups.

4) There's no actual reason to single out the Surye wagon. We have a perfectly fine other wagon on a Townie (the Vezok wagon) and yet somehow this isn't interesting to you. Let's look:
Surye
Since, statistically speaking, the odds of there being no scum on this wagon are extremely slim, there must be scum on this wagon. Let's just lynch them all until we find scum!

:roll:

The point is that when a townie wagon succeeds, it usually has some direct backing from the scum voting block. A day 1 wagon just isn't that likely to succeed without that; if the scum are 25% of the town, then a wagon supported by the scum is going to succeed much more often then one that isn't. So you can take a look at how a townie wagon unfolded and try to figure out who seems likely to have been a scum pushing the wagon.

A townie wagon that dosn't succeed may or may not have had scum backing.

Anyway, I just used that as a jumping off point to look at some players, Zindy. Take a look at Kison and CES yourself, and tell me what you think about their play so far this game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Don't know how I didn't notice that... fixed:

People who seem suspicious:
Albert B. Rampage --looking back over day one, ABM makes very little sense. He voted for Vez through most of day one.. (granted very clear in his point, he really seemed to be pushing to end things fast) and then when that wasn't working, just switched around briefly to a few places. He voted for me a few days before the deadline, as a fouth vote, putting me very much out there as a possible lynch target, despite the fact he said afterwards that he has no problem with me. One more thing, is that he was on neither of the two main wagons. Given that he was already on the Vez wagon earlier, was he specifically staying away to keep eyes off of him today? I think it's very possible. vote:Albert B. Rampage
AGar --reasons posted yesterday + a part of the Surye wagon, don't really know why he chose that direction.
Internet Stranger -- In some ways, I'm more worried about IS. He was leading the way on Surye all day yesterday, despite the fact Surye explained everything to the best of his ability, and really didn't seem that scummy after his stupid idea. I think IS did a great job of leading the town to kill Surye, and that worries me.
Furcolow -- Reasons posted yesterday
ReaperCharlie --Don't like the hopping around, great lack of information on this character in general, and that worries me.
MrBuddyLee -- Something doesn't read well with MBL, but i'm not sure what yet, planning to ISO soon.
Cogito Ergo Scum -- Didn't like the posting content yesterday.
Kison -- lack of posting.
Porochaz
Yosarian2
Primate
DeathNote
Toon Fighter
Kublai Khan
HezLucky
SensFan
LlamaFluff
BrianMcQueso
Zindaras
: People who seem alright
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Zindaras wrote:What I don't understand, from both Yossy and Furry:

Kison didn't vote Surye until later in the day, yes, but he was FOSing him from fairly early on. He was one of the people pushing the wagon, certainly.

He didn't really push it. I think IS and I were the only ones who did active pushing. Still, like I said, the vote count differentials change a lot. Hez and Primate certainly deserve your analysis now, considering that they were on earlier.

2) Since when did leading a wagon become scummier than hopping on one?

In this case, we have "people who pushed the wagon", "people who hopped on later", and "a few people who joined at the end to ensure we didn't get a no-lynch". I am suggesting that there are likely to be some scum in the first two groups.

This is nonsense. The Furcolow wagon was consistently at 7 votes throughout the game. Hence, you ignore several people who jumped on the wagon before it was even the largest wagon (and hence weren't in the "no no lynch group"). More importantly,
given the rules of the game we were never in danger of a no lynch
. A 7 player wagon would be enough, and no idiot would ever go for a late unvote if it caused a no lynch. And even if you feel that this danger was there, it's basically gone at vote 8. So votes 9 through 13 are completely useless wagon-hopping.

There are likely to be scum on both the Vezok and Furry wagons, but you choose to ignore them. When both Furry and Surye had 7 votes, some players made a choice to vote Surye over Furcolow. But, apparently, these players were only ensuring we wouldn't get a no lynch. They apparently didn't have a choice.

Surye

:roll:

The point is that when a townie wagon succeeds, it usually has some direct backing from the scum voting block. A day 1 wagon just isn't that likely to succeed without that; if the scum are 25% of the town, then a wagon supported by the scum is going to succeed much more often then one that isn't. So you can take a look at how a townie wagon unfolded and try to figure out who seems likely to have been a scum pushing the wagon.

A townie wagon that dosn't succeed may or may not have had scum backing.

While it's statistically more likely that a successful wagon has scum on it, it is not statistically more likely that a successful wagon has scum in its first 5-7 voters, compared to other 7-vote wagons. What you're suggesting is that scum already know which wagon is going to be successful. That's just silly. No, Yossy, what matters are
arguments
. I find the Vezok-wagon to be a
lot
scummier than the Surye-wagon, simply because it's filled with opportunistic players. This is also why I dislike the way day ended yesterday. Suddenly, with the votes at 7-6 or some such, five guys just randomly hop on the wagon, half of them for reasoning which doesn't even make sense (since we were never in danger of a no lynch).

Anyway, I just used that as a jumping off point to look at some players, Zindy. Take a look at Kison and CES yourself, and tell me what you think about their play so far this game.

With the right jumping off point and the right assumptions, you can get whatever results you want. I'm going to repeat my mantra here: arguments. You ignore the vezok wagon. Why? Because you feel your own arguments were good? That doesn't mean that everyone else is clear. What I hugely dislike about this is that you're limiting your scumhunting to one very small group for no good reason, with no actual argument. And then, in that group, you don't even really look at the arguments, you just say that a couple of them aren't scum and thus one of the other ones is. That's not scumhunting. What I dislike even more is that you're casually ignoring the other town wagon, the one you just happened to be on. That reeks of not wanting to attract any attraction, just like I dislike the people who weren't voting Surye or Furcolow at the end of yesterday (which also happily includes you). Non-votes and irrelevant votes killed Surye just as much as the people who hopped on the wagon at the end.

As far as Kison and Cessy go: CES is as CES does. To be honest, I hate reading him and generally just wait until he dies or claims. He is like IS, except without the posts that read as town to me. Generally, I like IS's play so far better than his, but it's going to take actual convincing for me to vote him. I'm not as happy with Kison. He's been scummy, overall. Little content, a bit of a sheep on Surye. Would have to do an actual reread of his posts, which I don't have time for right now, to pin it down better.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 am

Post by SensFan »

Kison wrote:The three vote ReaperCharlie wagon is terrible and an easy lynch. He isn't playing the game. No read there whatsoever.

Are you purposefully ignoring the fact that RC claimed to be too busy/apathetic/lazy to give a single read all of D1 or even read the damn thread, but still chose to hammer someone less than 4 hours after they hit L-1? So not only was he checking the thread regularily, but he was reading enough to know the VC, and chose to quickhammer Surye while claiming he was unable to read the thread and provide a single useful thought.

You may call that "not playing the game" and "no read". I call that "purposefully avoiding posting content", "active lurking" and "scummy".
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

Kison wrote:

Porochaz wrote:I think you know fine well that the vote is purely a pressure vote,

You may as well not be voting if you're doing so solely to 'pressure' and announcing it as such.

You are right especially if he is away anyway,
unvote
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

unvote: Toon Fighter
Vote: Kison

I had mentioned in the beginning that I wanted to vote for Kison. I tried looking through the vote counts, but couldnt find the one that I recalled on him going after Vezok initially. Now I see that there are vote count errors and that he was promoting the wagon without actually voting on it. Bravo Kison, thats one way to hide from vote count analysis, especially in a large game.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

OK, I'm feeling somewhat better. Gonna get my catch-up & post done before taking anything.

Re: LlamaFluff's amnesia cop result: I'm inclinded to believe that LlamaFluff is strongly town for his move. He almost literally just won a game I was in (American Gods Mafia) as scum by fake-claiming that he was receiving amnesiac cop results. It's extremely improbable for him to repeat the same trick twice in a row.

@Yosarian2 - What causes you to be sure about Internet Stranger being town?

BrianMcQueso wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:After everyone has had a chance to chime in an lay out a possible connection to the investigation target I probably will. I want a few more people to give specific input into the matter first though, always can help for tackling future things.

I have a sinking feeling that you are holding off naming a name because you're not quite sure who you want to put in the hot seat. Or maybe it's just that I don't understand your rationale for not revealing your information. Why are you trying to keep the alleged cult recruiter hidden in anonymity?

I think LlamaFluff is doing the right thing by withholding the information. Because right now, only two people* know the target of the message that LlamaFluff got. The amnesiac cop/note passer and LlamaFluff. If the information is authentic, then the cop will push for the wagon of X. If it's a bogus result and they didn't push for X to be lynched, then any future message that is received can be safely discounted.

Either way, the note-passer has to commit to their stance. So LlamaFluff has to wait for everyone to post and at least make a first vote.

Of course, results can be skewed if the message supplier doesn't vote for the target but someone else does, or multiple people are on the wagon.. But it should give LlamaFluff a narrowing-down point.

Still, I'd advise LlamaFluff to reveal the target before Day 2 ends in the slight, slight chance that the information is accurate and LlamaFluff gets recruited. Because then he might just lie about who the cult recruiter is.

* preview edit - I suppose I'm discounting the possibility that the cult recruiter knows who he/she is.. Putting this asterisk here only for an attempt at absolute accuracy.

---
Back to my day 1 reads and time to question.

Albert B. Rampage - You never answered my question about what games you've played with Surye-scum.

I'd also like to reiterate that your exchange with Furcolow was scummy as hell. By saying that scum were jumping on the Furcolow wagon, you're acknowledging that Furcolow is a VI and will do idiotic things that will earn him easy scum-votes. Then Furcolow does something idiotic (self-votes), and you leap onto the wagon. What context makes your vote ok?

Internet Stranger - You take offense to being called a White Knight, but isn't your strong Day 1 defense of vezokpiraka & Furcolow exactly that? In the last game we played together you were adamant that all White Knights were scum. Do you have a good explanation for why your behavior/attitude has changed?

Kison - What happened between post 530 & 543 (both Page 22) that caused you to finally change your FOS of Surye into a vote?

Also, why are you against a ReaperCharlie wagon considering you're spent a lot of the game hounding people for lurking?

ReaperCharlie - Hey, quote this when you get around to reading it so I know how much of the game you've read.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Again with the White Knight crap. Stop trying to paint me as some righteous defender of justice. Im not here to protect the feeble and the weak from the ravenous and the ruffians. The reasons for the Furc and Vezo wagons were crap. My read on Surye was a hell of a lot better at the time. So yes, all White Knights are still scum.

Im trying to win a mafia game here KK. To do so I have to go after the scummiest of the scum. Initially I had said that Surye and Kison were my biggest suspects for using crappy logic and reasoning for the Vezo wagon. Piling on the easy lynch, so as it may. When I went back to check for the vote counts today, I couldnt find the votes from Kison. He was out off voting in la-la land. Now that Zindaras has pointed it out, Kison was really globbing up all the points that I was using to find scum.

What that tells me is that if Surye wasnt the scum, then it must be Kison after all. He almost, almost slipped by my scumdar with some slippery voting tactics. Now you can see for yourself the lack of scumhunting from Kison, the lack of proper contributions. He jumped on Vezo and then started coasting. Even now he is waiting for something to come along that he can latch himself onto like a parasite.

Im voting for Kison because I think he is scum. Not because im defending everyone or because im trying to rally everyone and organize the town (go town!) or come up with some bullshit mass claim plan or anointing people as beyond reproach. Thats what White Knights do, so fuck them. I do what I do because im hunting for scum. So stop looking for bullshit meta on me.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2011 4:23 am

Post by SensFan »

BrianMcQueso wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:V/LA this weekend.

ಠ_ಠ

Listen, I'm not looking to lynch a lurker on Day 2. We've got better leads to follow.

Would you rather wait until D10 LyLo to try and figure out if the lurker(s) is/are Scum? Or should we get them to start contributing now, so that we have more contributors going forward, or at worst we can deal with them now if they refuse to help themselves, while we still have some wiggle room?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”