Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:46 am

Post by bvoigt »

ThAdmiral wrote:Xvart is closer to lynch than any, but
fos: any
. He's one to watch for tomorrow...

Ani is the backup mod. :P

Cobblerfone wrote:sorry everyone. Here's it formatted correctly:

Flameaxe wrote: You have Katsuki listed as "decided to lurk" yet Kat is also one of your town reads. Consider me baffled at your logic here.

It was the way Kats announced the lurking. Though, it'll be bad if she's recruited. Maybe we should lynch Kats so she can't keep herself from showing a difference in playstyles?

You want to lynch a town read so she doesn't get recruited later?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 2:57 am

Post by springlullaby »

Magister Ludi wrote:Cobble claim of unrecruitable doesn't make me froth at mouth to lynch him.

'springlullaby, Bunnylover, Battousai' These votes are based off me being a 'probable recruit'. What in your mind makes you think that?

My vote is no on you based on you being a probable recruit, I made it clear that I wasn't going to think along these lines. My vote is on you because I think your speculations are pointless. Can you understand that I might think there are better way of finding scum? Do you think that I'm wrong?

Btw, I think your Battousai vote is OMGUS as hell.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Magister Ludi wrote:(that being said, if someone is doing anti-town actions and it is resonable they were recruited, like Yos2 and Batt, they make good lynches)

Ok, now you're just making stuff up. I haven't done any "anti-town" actions this game, unless you think me trying to figure out who the scum are are anti-town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Herodotus wrote:And I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

Herodotus wrote:
Cobb wrote:Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Cobb wrote:the
other
recruit.

Easy mode on?
UNVOTE: Spring
VOTE: Cobblerfone

yeah, easy mode on.

Vote: Herodotus

Hero wrote:Note: Albert and/or kinetic may have decided to choose at random, so let's keep our elimination of candidates guarded.

seriously?

Re: xvart wagon. Im really torn on xvart since he isnt usually suspected early days, so I dont know if his reactions are scumtells or nulltells. Xvart, could you show me some games where you have been suspected early?

Page 10, will read the other pages tonight.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 4:58 am

Post by populartajo »

ok, skimmed the last pages, but got the general gist of the game

im also supporting a lynch of the following players:

in no particular order
Yosa is acting really weird, supporting the cobbler wagon with a weak argument (the fakeclaim) which is scummy as feck
spring, basically gut since start of the day
maybe Seraph and tanarin for tone of their posts and their reduced posting

I think Hero is definitely scum for his attack against Cobbler while at the same time saying we should touch newbies.

bonus: After a reread, I think I can also live with an xvart lynch specially after rereading his reaching case against cobbler and the tense tone of his responses.
Call me Tajo.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Flameaxe »

springlullaby wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Spring 333: Question (to you or anyone else who may want to chime in on the whole thing): The cobble claim doesn't make sense from a town point of view, sure, but do you see any situation where it would make sense from a scum point of view any more than a town point of view?

I think it might be something I could have tried as an investigation proof scum. What with the lying low since the claim.
I need to look at his meta though.

Cobbler
, what do you think of that? Wanna vote yourself to prove that you aren't scum?

In a game with a cult, does an investigation proof scum really seem all that likely?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Cobblerfone wrote:sorry everyone. Here's it formatted correctly:

Flameaxe wrote: You have Katsuki listed as "decided to lurk" yet Kat is also one of your town reads. Consider me baffled at your logic here.

It was the way Kats announced the lurking. Though, it'll be bad if she's recruited. Maybe we should lynch Kats so she can't keep herself from showing a difference in playstyles?

Flameaxe at Ooba wrote:...I'll just remind you of Succession 1 where BOTH recruiters went after me=wierd night zero...

Wasn't that Seraphim and me=weird replaced him?

That is correct. I replaced in after that myself, so it slipped my mind. Either way, I still see the point standing. Subtle want to lynch is a bit unsettling here too.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote:
Yosa is acting really weird, supporting the cobbler wagon with a weak argument (the fakeclaim) which is scummy as feck

...what?

I don't think it's at all likely that a pro-town unrecruitable claims unrecruitable at 3 votes. that would be an absolutely terrible move. This is one of those "scum or VI" situations, and cobbler just doesn't seem that dumb to me.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

bvoigt wrote:

I was asking if we should lynch her because if she gets turned we won't really know. Plus, maybe the threat will flush her out. I really just want the lurkers to stop lurking.

Seraphim skating by on prod is odd. If he's the type of person that two previous cult-recruiters picked on N-0, then I guess why not?

@RaudhrGarm: To what extent are your troubles?

Yosarian2 wrote:I don't think it's at all likely that a pro-town unrecruitable claims unrecruitable at 3 votes. that would be an absolutely terrible move. This is one of those "scum or VI" situations, and cobbler just doesn't seem that dumb to me.

Let me last at least one night. If I'm scum the other scum will kill me anyway. From what I understand if the recruiters try to recruit an unrecruitable or another scum, the recruitment becomes a kill. I only read up to where Seraphim got replaced out in Succession I. I'll read the end to find out if it's explained there. (and assuming similiar mechanics.)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I really just want the lurkers to stop lurking.

Generally speaking, validating a lurker by putting them on a public townread list isn't the best way to start with this.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Oh.

Flameaxe, do you know how the mechanics worked in succesion I?

Actually anyone from the game I guess could answer that. It'll save me the looking.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 am

Post by populartajo »

yosa:

Cobblerfone wrote:VOTE: Popular Tajo

I don't think I'm allowed to say why. But he's a "doctor". I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

this screams vi rather than recruited scum, agree?
Call me Tajo.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 5:59 am

Post by springlullaby »

Flameaxe wrote:
In a game with a cult, does an investigation proof scum really seem all that likely?

I'm thinking yes. I'm thinking there might be other scum than cult too. But maybe I'm wrong.

@
ABR
, what do you think of Cobblerfone?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 am

Post by springlullaby »

populartajo wrote:yosa:

I don't think I'm allowed to say why. But he's a "doctor". I'd recruit the doctor even if he weren't guranteed to be a "role-doctor".

Dunno, as newbie scum I would do that kind of "look I'm a newbie" too. It's a hard call to make.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I just realized that if anything the general recruitment mechanics probably have something to do with the map. In which case, I'd have no idea what to do about. Might as well stop asking.

@Spring: I've got two completed games. One as vanilla townie, one as no-nighttalk-scum with a daykill. Though I have less faith in meta now because of that scum-game.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 am

Post by populartajo »

springlullaby wrote:
populartajo wrote:yosa:

Dunno, as newbie scum I would do that kind of "look I'm a newbie" too. It's a hard call to make.

except the difference here is that recruiters wouldnt go for newbies.
Call me Tajo.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Cobblerfone wrote:
Let me last at least one night. If I'm scum the other scum will kill me anyway.

Hmm? No matter if you're a scum or if you're unrecruitable, they probably won't kill you at this early stage either way. Assuming the mechanics are the same as the first game (scum either recruit or kill every night), the scum will probably start killing each other at some point later on, but at this early stage in the game, they'll probably recruit instead. Although they might make an exception if they think they can wipe out the other scum group.

From what I understand if the recruiters try to recruit an unrecruitable or another scum, the recruitment becomes a kill. I only read up to where Seraphim got replaced out in Succession I. I'll read the end to find out if it's explained there. (and assuming similiar mechanics.)

If you actually have the unrecruitable role, why don't you just ask the mod yourself what happens if the scum try to recruit you?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Yos2 wrote:If you actually have the unrecruitable role, why don't you just ask the mod yourself what happens if the scum try to recruit you?

I tried that. It's supposed to be left open as to what happens. I don't really know.

So they killed OR recruited each night. I could have sworn I read the scenario I gave somewhere. Eh, guess I'll forget it. It doesn't really matter for me I suppose...

I had a thought about the map, though. I think it'll have to wait until after tonight. If I do die before then though it has to do with going in seperate groups at assigned locations. It depends on what the map actually does and how it works.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 7:46 am

Post by bvoigt »

Cobblerfone wrote:
bvoigt wrote:

I was asking if we should lynch her because if she gets turned we won't really know. Plus, maybe the threat will flush her out. I really just want the lurkers to stop lurking.

But, you're advocating a lynch on a town read? That doesn't make any sense to me. Also, is there a special flavor name for your unrecruitableness? (Sort of like "Visit" or "Tour the Neighborhood" in the sample role PMs.)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

Flameaxe wrote:
Zdenek 300: Removing players from consideration due to a profession mod-confirmed to be flavor only seems like a moronic thing to even consider.

I would guess that there could be compatibility between the roles and abilities. Considering that Cobblerfone is a teamster and has claimed unrecruitable, if he's telling the truth, that seems to be the case (however historically inaccurate it might be). If I was a recruiter, I might also guess that this could be the case and recruit accordingly.

For the record, I believe Cobblerfone's claim for the reason that Herodotus pointed out. He set it up in advance and it would have had to have been planned quite carefully.

VOTE: Vote Spring

Spring wrote:
I think Cobbler is more scum than town at this moment, his claim does not make any sense as town, and I don't think anyone town, especially a newbie would claim that fast under very little pressure.

He is my default lynch today. I'm not in a hurry to remove my vote on Magister at this point though.

Spring wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
Spring 333: Question (to you or anyone else who may want to chime in on the whole thing): The cobble claim doesn't make sense from a town point of view, sure, but do you see any situation where it would make sense from a scum point of view any more than a town point of view?

I think it might be something I could have tried as an investigation proof scum. What with the lying low since the claim.
I need to look at his meta though.

Flameaxe's question was completely reasonable, but her answer completely dodged actually responding to the question, but instead posited a situation where Cobbler might have risked making a gambit with an unrecruitable claim.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Sorry guys friends from out of town were visiting the last couple of days. Going to start a full reread and make a post right now.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

bvoigt wrote:But, you're advocating a lynch on a town read?

Is it really advocating if it's in question form? But I checked back and saw now that Katsuki has posted more recently. Not much though.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 am

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:Also, is there a special flavor name for your unrecruitableness? (Sort of like "Visit" or "Tour the Neighborhood" in the sample role PMs.)
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Kinetic »

I KNOW WHO ONE OF THE RECRUITS IS!

Shhhh

Ok I'll tell you. Its Xvart. You got me. Just lynch him already please.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Nice of you to join us. Goodbye now.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”