Newbie Game 1106: Death with a 2x4 (limps to finish line)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Otolia »

jakesh97 wrote:to defend myself. I can't defend off much because I don't find I did anything wrong, so I just said im a VT because I am one.

Did you just said that ? When Dr. Doom finally gets replaced, we are coming for you.
jakesh97
jakesh97
Goon
jakesh97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 am

Post by jakesh97 »

your going after me for saying I'm a VT? alright then? :/
w/l

Town:W: 1 L:1
Scum:W: 0 L: 0
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Otolia »

Let me explain you the basics of this game.

Spoiler: Mafia 101
MAFIA PLAYERS LIE

You claim when you weren't even wagonned. Claiming in L-1 is a questionable method as a VT, but claiming when you aren't targeted is just a very bad play. You have to learn to get better and that's the purpose of these games but it doesn't mean I'm gonna let you walk away with that, I am entitled to play for my WinCon and you will be a liability in LyLo.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Korlash »

Jake wrote:to defend myself. I can't defend off much because I don't find I did anything wrong, so I just said im a VT because I am one.

Teaching moment: If you are a vanilla, by telling everyone you are one you make it easier for the scum to kill the power roles. If you're a power role, claiming vanilla now would cast suspicion on a real claim later. And if you're scum claiming Vanilla now hinders possible fakeclaiming opportunities later. There is no reason, regardless of your actual role, to claim without reason. And now we know! 'cause knowledge is power!'

What did you feel you needed to defend against and why did you think claiming 'vt' would do anything?

Oto wrote:You claim when you weren't even wagonned. Claiming in L-1 is a questionable method as a VT, but claiming when you aren't targeted is just a very bad play. You have to learn to get better and that's the purpose of these games but it doesn't mean I'm gonna let you walk away with that, I am entitled to play for my WinCon and you will be a liability in LyLo.

*shakes head* Circles man... Outright ignoring scum reads to push what seems to be just 'policy'... Really questioning that WinCon you speak of here.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Otolia »

Korlash wrote:
Oto wrote:You claim when you weren't even wagonned. Claiming in L-1 is a questionable method as a VT, but claiming when you aren't targeted is just a very bad play. You have to learn to get better and that's the purpose of these games but it doesn't mean I'm gonna let you walk away with that, I am entitled to play for my WinCon and you will be a liability in LyLo.

*shakes head* Circles man... Outright ignoring scum reads to push what seems to be just 'policy'... Really questioning that WinCon you speak of here.

Ignoring scum reads
? I don't understand, maybe you missed the part when I wrote that :
Otolia wrote:
Spoiler: Mafia 101
MAFIA PLAYERS LIE

Or maybe you are just teasing me.

And why would you question my WinCon ? My WinCon is unquestionable. Maybe you meant that you question whether or not I have the same as you ? Well I can't guarantee that because I don't know yours. (See what I did there ? Exactly the same kind of 'hey buddy, I'm town' statement as you did. How cool am I now ?)

I know we both have fun staring at each other like hungry lions but unless you are willing to commit today, I suggest we ally towards a common goal. My propositions :

1. Get Mr. Flay to post here, if he doesn't pick my PM tomorrow, we will have to contact VKR.
2. Judge Dr. Doom's replacement scumminess. Newbie scums are somehow more susceptible to flake because they aren't able to deal with the pressure knowing they are guilty.
3. If Dr. Doom's replacement pass the bar, we will have to lynch jakesh97. Both for allowing him to start a new game without dragging a VI board on his back and for getting rid of a possible massive WIFOM, if he ever reach LyLo.

Of course if someone else have an opinions on this, he is strongly advised to share it with us as soon as possible because the
deadline is Friday
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Ant has been active lurking his way through D1 and, especially from his recent posts, I don't get the feeling he's actually trying. Gir, on the other hand, seems to just be inactive.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Ankamius »

@MOD: Requesting a prod on Poiven
jakesh97
jakesh97
Goon
jakesh97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by jakesh97 »

well, lesson taken.
i'm such a noob :(

eh, ill get better as time goes on, thats what these newbie games are for :D
w/l

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Dr Doom has been replaced by Megatron. Poiven and myrguy have been prodded. This is ridiculous.
Ninth Vote Count of Day One:

Dr Doom
Megatron - 2 (Korlash, Otolia)
Ant - 2 (Poiven, zMuffinMan)
zMuffinMan - 2 (mrguy888, Ant)
jakesh97 - 1 (Ankamius)

Not Voting - 2 (
Dr Doom
Megatron, jakesh97)

With nine alive, it will take five votes to lynch. In light of the large and late number of replacements, Day One's end has been extended to Monday, June 6th, at midnight.
Retired as of October 2014.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

@MOD: Mrguy888 has consistantly been unable to post during weekends, so I excluded him in the prod request.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oto wrote:Ignoring scum reads ? I don't understand, maybe you missed the part when I wrote that :

In post 365 you called me your "major" scum read yet in 367 you essentially say you don't want to start anything with me. That is blatantly ignoring a scum read.

Oto wrote:And why would you question my WinCon ? My WinCon is unquestionable. Maybe you meant that you question whether or not I have the same as you ? Well I can't guarantee that because I don't know yours. (See what I did there ? Exactly the same kind of 'hey buddy, I'm town' statement as you did. How cool am I now ?)

It was simply a subtle jab at what you said. A bit of what we might call the "small talk" of attacking each other. Mildly irrelevant banter there to simply attempt to pry a reaction or simply add fuel to the fire so to speak. The implication would be that any wincon that prides lynching essentially random people over the scummy people would not belong to a townie.

I would like to know how what I said in any way qualifies as a "hey buddy, I'm town" type of thing.

oto wrote:I know we both have fun staring at each other like hungry lions but unless you are willing to commit today, I suggest we ally towards a common goal.

I can't help but think these "I dare you" posts are just a way to downplay what I'm saying... What do you qualify as "willing to commit"?

Oto wrote:1. Get Mr. Flay to post here, if he doesn't pick my PM tomorrow, we will have to contact VKR.
2. Judge Dr. Doom's replacement scumminess. Newbie scums are somehow more susceptible to flake because they aren't able to deal with the pressure knowing they are guilty.
3. If Dr. Doom's replacement pass the bar, we will have to lynch jakesh97. Both for allowing him to start a new game without dragging a VI board on his back and for getting rid of a possible massive WIFOM, if he ever reach LyLo.

If you didn't actually think Gir was scummy then why would we have to judge his replacement? Wouldn't just getting a replacement mostly relieve all your suspicion?

Z wrote:Ant has been active lurking his way through D1 and, especially from his recent posts, I don't get the feeling he's actually trying. Gir, on the other hand, seems to just be inactive.

Well to be fair, even scum have to try... So I have a hard time seeing this as an actual indication of scumminess. I'll try to take time here tomorrow to look into him more.

Jake wrote:eh, ill get better as time goes on, thats what these newbie games are for

And they are great for making crappy players like me seem moderately good by comparison!

Anka wrote:@MOD: Mrguy888 has consistantly been unable to post during weekends, so I excluded him in the prod request.

Really man, you take the time to make a post explaining to the mod why you didn't ask for so and so to be prodded but you can't make any significant contribution to the actual game... 16 posts were made between your prod request and your last post and you can't think of anything to add to the game? Also, I'm finding it weird you haven't said anything about Jake's claim... That seems like a significant action for the person you are voting to do and you seemed to have just let it pass by...

Unvote:

The vote was made with the most important goal of getting info from the Z/guy scandal and left on for other semi-nonimportant reasons. With the replacement I don't see a lot of point in it anymore. I should be able to find a new home for it tomorrow if I can tear myself away from my project to get some reading time.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Megatron »

Heya folks, replacement here.

I won't have time to review the thread until I get home this evening, but wanted to go ahead and check in.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Megatron »

I have, however, managed at least what I consider a decent skim, and I have to say the walls of text are quite daunting. I've got a lot of work to do.

The first order of business will have to be a blotter of all the players as I gather reads.

I cannot answer for Dr Doom's posts, however, nor will I attempt to. They and the reactions and discussions they have created do of course have value, and I shall be dissecting them, but I do hope it's understood that I can't provide insight into his thought processes.
F*** the autobots
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Otolia »

@Korlash
: I am not willing anymore to hurt my brain answering you. Read the thread and what I posted. Almost everything you are looking for is there. And yes I have absolutely no ****ing problem with lynching a VT in D1.

I asked you to either decide to vote me today (commit to the lynch) or to postpone until tomorrow/drop the case (whatever suits you best). Choose what you want to do next, but stop deflecting the town's attention. Now isn't the appropriate moment. We have a deadline approaching and many replacements, we need to focus on the most scummy now. Any of

@Megatron :
Can you post your reads, please ? And since it's indecent to ask for something when you don't do it yourself. Please note that I hate doing this on D1 since I'm most likely to be wrong.

Scumish reads
: Megatron for being so conveniently absent when he was bandwagoned. Korlash for being too good of a player and still achieve nothing in D1 (more on that in D2), Ant for posting way to much of oneliner (active lurking ?)

Townish reads
: Ankamius (scumhunting), Poiven (Given his reads when not asked too)

Null reads
: zMuffinMan (leaning town though but I have a bad vibe from him), mrguy888 (Did he post something valuable ?)

Slot wasted
: jakesh97

PS : Also post your reads Korlash.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Megatron »

Otolia wrote:
@Megatron :
Can you post your reads, please ?

I intend to do just that, but I am still gathering them. I first laid eyes on the thread less than two hours ago. This is not sufficient time to examine sixteen pages of posts, much less assemble a logical blotter on eight players.

I just wanted to check in and look over what I had time to look over before work, which I have to leave for in 30 minutes.

Otolia wrote:
Scumish reads
: Megatron for being so conveniently absent when he was bandwagoned.

While I cannot erase the fact that this happened, it was not me who did this.
F*** the autobots
Poiven
Poiven
Goon
Poiven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Poiven »

Hey guys, sorry for the absence; I got in a bike wreck on Friday and just got back from the hospital yesterday. I'll post an update soon.
Poiven
Poiven
Goon
Poiven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Poiven »

jakesh97: Somewhat scummy vibe; but maybe just a newb vibe? It's hard to tell. I'll have to see more.
mrguy888: Neutral read. Not completely sure.
Megatron: I personally didn't find Dr Doom's absence all that scummy, but I'll have to see how Megatron does.
Ant: He hasn't done anything to lessen my scum read on him; his active lurking has also been getting to me.
Ankamius: Hard to tell. Also active lurking. Starting to get a slightly scummy vibe.
Otolia: He seems to have a bit of a weird playstyle and is much more concerned about policy lynches than scum lynches.
zMuffinMan: Very aggressive playstyle that can come off as scummy, but hasn't been coming off that way all that much anymore.
Korlash: Still nearly impossible to read. Leaning town.

Least scummy to scummiest:
Korlash
zMuffinMan

mrguy888
Otolia

Megatron
Ankamius

jakesh97
Ant
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Otolia »

Megatron wrote:
Otolia wrote:
Scumish reads
: Megatron for being so conveniently absent when he was bandwagoned.

While I cannot erase the fact that this happened, it was not me who did this.

I was talking about Dr. Doom. But you get the idea.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm not a fan of giving full reads on every player unless I see a benefit in doing it. and at this point, a week from the deadline, I'd rather not give scum any clues about who I think is scummy and who I think is town. Suffice to say, I'm voting for someone I think will likely flip scum at the moment.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Otolia »

zMuffinMan wrote:I'm not a fan of giving full reads on every player unless I see a benefit in doing it. and at this point, a week from the deadline, I'd rather not give scum any clues about who I think is scummy and who I think is town. Suffice to say, I'm voting for someone I think will likely flip scum at the moment.

What ?! The scummy part in your post isn't that you refuse to give your reads (that's suspicious but I also think as you do as town) but that you refuse to give them when nobody is asking for them. I specifically asked Korlash and Megatron to give their reads. You obviously feel threatened by this, otherwise you would have just say your position on the subject rather that speaking about what you think.

New scummish read
: zMuffinMan
Poiven
Poiven
Goon
Poiven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Poiven »

Otolia wrote:
zMuffinMan wrote:I'm not a fan of giving full reads on every player unless I see a benefit in doing it. and at this point, a week from the deadline, I'd rather not give scum any clues about who I think is scummy and who I think is town. Suffice to say, I'm voting for someone I think will likely flip scum at the moment.

What ?! The scummy part in your post isn't that you refuse to give your reads (that's suspicious but I also think as you do as town) but that you refuse to give them when nobody is asking for them. I specifically asked Korlash and Megatron to give their reads. You obviously feel threatened by this, otherwise you would have just say your position on the subject rather that speaking about what you think.

New scummish read
: zMuffinMan

I actually think he was referring to my post; that I shouldn't be giving a full player analysis. *Shrug*

At any rate, z, I agree with you; which is why my vote is still on Ant.
jakesh97
jakesh97
Goon
jakesh97
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by jakesh97 »

slot wasted? :S
I'm still here guys, just gonna be a little busy.
I'm not dorpping out though :D

The only read I don't agree with Povien, is Korlash. I get a mid vibe from him accomplishing nearly nothing, s Otolia said.
I;m such a noob though. :/
Looks like Z may have just had a minor slip.
w/l

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Korlash »

Accomplishing nothing. Ouch. What would you two define as accomplishments?

Jake wrote:Looks like Z may have just had a minor slip.

Really, I didn't see anything. What slip exactly?

Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Megatron »

I've not yet completed my analysis, but this is at least the third time you've blatantly stated an intent to withhold information.

The scum already KNOW who we are. They don't NEED information. The town does. This is scummy as hell.
F*** the autobots
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Megatron »

To clarify, while I don't know your mafia experience, zM, it always pings scum to me when someone tries to avoid/deflect the responsibility of providing information on who they do or don't find scummy.

Why? Because for town it's a matter of reading and assessing. Scum, on the other hand, having this information already, have to fabricate reads and maintain them in a consistent way. Your evasion of this task is scummy because to me it reads as if you are reluctant to say something now that you could end up contradicting later, and thus being caught in a lie.
F*** the autobots

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”