Beefster wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
decided to forgo
[early day1 joke/random posts]
And
I've addressed topical stuff, I think, in the respective person
. But, if you'd like
my specific opinion about something earlier in the (game) day, please ask
quote]Honestly, it looks like you just threw that in at the last minute to make your post seem useful. The bolded parts are so incredibly general that they don't really have any meaning.

If the words "If you would like my specific opinion about something earlier in the (game) day, please ask" doesn't have meaning for you, then I can't really help you.
Perhaps this will help: http://translate.google.com/#

PeregrineV wrote:
Beefster wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:And I like the fact Amrun is taking it seriously. It's a game to
play
to
have fun
and to
win
Those 2 sentences have nothing to do with each other. Bus your scumbuddy already.

Let's use the Socratic method here.
Why do you think Amrun is taking the game seriously?
Do you think Amrun is playing the game?
Why do you think Amrun is playing the game?
Do you think Amrun has fun when she takes the game seriously?
Do you think Amrun has fun when she wins?

First of all: You don't really have to be playing seriously to have fun or win, especially in a swingy game like this. I thought my earlier comment would be enough to point that out, but apparently it wasn't.

Now I will respond with the Socratic method for the lulz. :P
Would you agree that Amrun is being far too defensive?
Do you always ask questions with such obvious answers?
Why do we have a moderator?
Do you think Batman has fun? What about the Joker? Are
you
having fun?
Doesn't everybody like winning?

And for the clear cut answers you probably wanted:
Amrun is making a bigger-than-necessary deal out of everything.
Yes.
It's mod-given information
I don't know (ask her yourself), and I think it's very well possible to have a great time and be off the wall ridiculous.
Not necessarily. It isn't all about the result. The journey to winning is fun if you play right, but if it's all about winning and not about fun, you're doing it wrong. Games are meant to be enjoyed. I think a more accurate term for winning is
satisfying
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Beefster »

@Baby Spice:
The game thread, abridged wrote:
CMAR wrote:...I really don't see anyone calling RBT town.

Beef wrote:I'm leaning town on RBT... sorta. It's hard to tell.

It honestly surprises me that you can't go back and look at things yourself.

Nice OMGUS, BTW.

unvote
(I still want Peregrine dead)
VOTE: Baby Spice

Who's up for a Baby Spice wagon?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:32 am

Post by implosion »

Soben wrote:Soben's last post

Pine at 8:07 pm wrote:Removing this game from my bookmarks at least until morning, probably later. I don't think I can reply rationally to you people right now.

gandalf, 5 posts later (he votes pine next post), at 8:40 pm wrote:Okay, he honestly just stops posting under pressure? I think I might have had a townread on him before, but this is ridiculous.

Pine, 5 more posts later, at 9:58 pm wrote:I stopped posting and removed the bookmark in order to prevent me from breaking my laptop during the paroxysms of anger and frustration I was beginning to experience when reading this thread. Apparently removing it from my bookmarks wasn't enough, as I manually sought it out.

Still wanna tell me he stopped posting? There was a span of less than two hours between his posts, and a span of less than 40 minutes before gandalf jumped on pine for not posting like a hawk.
As for point two, gandalf has never said anything once about any of his votes being for reactions, before or after the votes. All of his votes have been because he claims to have found the people he was voting for scummy. And why are you saying that he's doing this to test for reactions? Why are you defending him so hard? Why are you trying to justify his actions and his votes? Isn't that
his
job? Aren't you interfering with
my
ability to see his reaction to my vote? If gandalf flips scum, IGMEOY. This could be a chainsaw.
Your points in point 4. are
irrelevant
to the argument I'm making. The argument I'm making is that gandalf voted for these people as their wagons appeared. You can either construe this as sheeping the largest wagon blindly, or choosing scumreads based on who's being voted for. He also hasn't mentioned LMP at all (or very little at least) since his initial giant scumread on him.

Soben wrote:This is just a really long way of saying you wouldn't care less if lurker-town died which makes no sense considering the fact you haven't attempted to push any of them for information. Not once have you attempted to question any of them.

First of all, lies, I've definitely questioned
at least
snake. And would you rather lurker-town be nightkilled or lurker-town be mislynched? Also, why are you straw-manning what I was saying? How does "killing them at night is better than using lynches on them and we might hit scum too" translate to "implosion couldn't care less if lurker-town died?"
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Hey Snakeplissken hate to repeat myself but WHAT DO YOU THINK OF RICEBALLTAIL AND PEREGRINE?

And that Soben vote is terrible.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Amrun »

Beefster wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
Beefster wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
decided to forgo
[early day1 joke/random posts]
And
I've addressed topical stuff, I think, in the respective person
. But, if you'd like
my specific opinion about something earlier in the (game) day, please ask
quote]Honestly, it looks like you just threw that in at the last minute to make your post seem useful. The bolded parts are so incredibly general that they don't really have any meaning.

If the words "If you would like my specific opinion about something earlier in the (game) day, please ask" doesn't have meaning for you, then I can't really help you.
Perhaps this will help: http://translate.google.com/#

PeregrineV wrote:
Beefster wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:And I like the fact Amrun is taking it seriously. It's a game to
play
to
have fun
and to
win
Those 2 sentences have nothing to do with each other. Bus your scumbuddy already.

Let's use the Socratic method here.
Why do you think Amrun is taking the game seriously?
Do you think Amrun is playing the game?
Why do you think Amrun is playing the game?
Do you think Amrun has fun when she takes the game seriously?
Do you think Amrun has fun when she wins?

First of all: You don't really have to be playing seriously to have fun or win, especially in a swingy game like this. I thought my earlier comment would be enough to point that out, but apparently it wasn't.

Now I will respond with the Socratic method for the lulz. :P
Would you agree that Amrun is being far too defensive?
Do you always ask questions with such obvious answers?
Why do we have a moderator?
Do you think Batman has fun? What about the Joker? Are
you
having fun?
Doesn't everybody like winning?

And for the clear cut answers you probably wanted:
Amrun is making a bigger-than-necessary deal out of everything.
Yes.
It's mod-given information
I don't know (ask her yourself), and I think it's very well possible to have a great time and be off the wall ridiculous.
Not necessarily. It isn't all about the result. The journey to winning is fun if you play right, but if it's all about winning and not about fun, you're doing it wrong. Games are meant to be enjoyed. I think a more accurate term for winning is
satisfying

Shut up talking about me and how I enjoy the game. Seriously. Don't do it anymore.

I have been, in turns, serious and ridiculous, and that's how I enjoy the game.

Maybe you can enjoy the game while not playing well, but I have an obligation to try and scumhut to the best of my ability as town.

Shut up with your dumb philosophies about how it's okay to be a lazy, bad player. You can do that yourself all you want. Don't push it on me or anyone else.

You don't know me, so don't assert that you know how I think or what I enjoy. Talk about the game and game-related content, not me and my personality as if you can answer for me. If it's done one more time, I won't be pleased.

I enjoy the game by PLAYING IT. I won't stand for you discrediting snow_bunny's hard work by saying you don't have to try and no one should "in a game like this."

If you don't like it, replace out.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Amrun »

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Snake, what gives you the impression that alliances get QTs? They don't.

Why is that more important than scumhunting?

Snake reeks of scared scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Beefster »

Weird. Snake looks town to me.

Our opinions couldn't be any more opposite.
Get to know a meat boy
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Amrun »

I am not sold on Snakescum yet. It's hard to read lurkers, usually.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Dry-fit I really don't care how that vote looks like, my point is I don't like little cliques in games. They soon grow a supremist attitude and ruin the game. As for RBT & Peregine they get a big meh from me, wall posters tend to get me not bothering to read as I lose the will to live, just looks like town Vs. Town .

Am run, your lazy misdirection at my choice and I'm basing it off how it turned out in the previous game, looks like sneaky scum trying to Mis lynch a lurker. Poor form there jimbob.

I would move my vote however I'm sticking with my previous comment about Soben.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:24 am

Post by implosion »

Snake wrote:Dry-fit I really don't care how that vote looks like, my point is I don't like little cliques in games. They soon grow a supremist attitude and ruin the game.

Can you link a game you were in where this happened?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Cold War mafia just finished. Every single scum lurked through days 1 and 2.

Just for reference.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Try the last SitMoa
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Soben »

Snake, at some point town needs to group together and trust each other. It's not about forming cliques, but it certainly is about controlling the game. I mean just look. We are on page 47, its day 1, and there are no viable wagons that are close to lynch. It speaks to the disorganization of the town thusfar. Regfan and I think it would be beneficial to try and make sure that town players (or at least a core group of players who are mostly town) are the impetus behind any wagons. I think your reaction of not liking any town alliance that you yourself are not in is a town tell and that you rightly should be skeptical of us for it. However, we do need to get ourselves going here...
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Amrun »

Snake, please list your suspects with reasoning.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:05 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Soben wrote:Snake, at some point town needs to group together and trust each other. It's not about forming cliques, but it certainly is about controlling the game. I mean just look. We are on page 47, its day 1, and there are no viable wagons that are close to lynch. It speaks to the disorganization of the town thusfar. Regfan and I think it would be beneficial to try and make sure that town players (or at least a core group of players who are mostly town) are the impetus behind any wagons. I think your reaction of not liking any town alliance that you yourself are not in is a town tell and that you rightly should be skeptical of us for it. However, we do need to get ourselves going here...

I have been trying to do this the entire game -_-
Possible lynches for D1: Snake, RBT, Gandalf

ONE OF THESE PEOPLE NEEDS TO BE THE LYNCH. Can we please agree on someone so we can start gaining usefulness to this game? Nightkills/Night Actions galore are going to occur and none of this will matter.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Soben »

Of those 3 you mention, we'd be willing to lynch RBT. I can see reasons why people suspect Snake/Gandalf but I am not convinced either of those are scum as of yet. We still support an implosion lynch. We are unmoved by his latest attempts to appear town.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Soben wrote:Of those 3 you mention, we'd be willing to lynch RBT. I can see reasons why people suspect Snake/Gandalf but I am not convinced either of those are scum as of yet. We still support an implosion lynch. We are unmoved by his latest attempts to appear town.

RBT today. We'll deal with Implo tomorrow perhaps, but something will probably happen between the two days. Bueno?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Oh. And my damage list would be anyone of Peregrine, Amrun, Baby Spice and Snake.

And someone mentioned it, I'll respond to implo's case of Gandalf sooner or later.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Soben »

I'm fine with that, will have to consult with R though. He very much wants to hang implosion last I talked with him.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Beefster wrote:@Baby Spice:
The game thread, abridged wrote:
CMAR wrote:...I really don't see anyone calling RBT town.

Beef wrote:I'm leaning town on RBT... sorta. It's hard to tell.

It honestly surprises me that you can't go back and look at things yourself.

Nice OMGUS, BTW.

unvote
(I still want Peregrine dead)
VOTE: Baby Spice

Who's up for a Baby Spice wagon?

Lolz.

Your defense against me calling your post scummy fence sitting is to quote someone else?

Sure the question was asked, not denying that.
Your answer was scummy fence sitting though, and I don't see you trying to say otherwise.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I'm sorry for not being much active now, but well, quite frankly, this is boring shit.
Warn me when this day finally ends.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

SGRaaize wrote:I'm sorry for not being much active now, but well, quite frankly, this is boring shit.

I agree. However implosion isn't likely getting lynched today I don't think. Shift to RBT (he
is
on your damage list, so I assume you find him scummy.)
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Amrun »

CryMeARiver wrote:
SGRaaize wrote:I'm sorry for not being much active now, but well, quite frankly, this is boring shit.

I agree. However implosion isn't likely getting lynched today I don't think. Shift to RBT (he
is
on your damage list, so I assume you find him scummy.)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Soben »

Implosion wrote: Still wanna tell me he stopped posting? There was a span of less than two hours between his posts, and a span of less than 40 minutes before gandalf jumped on pine for not posting like a hawk.

Pine was rapid-fire responding to every comment, then states that he is removing the game from bookmarks, ie still staying on the site while not replying to this thread, sure it may have been 40 minutes but intention to avoid the was stated and was the reason Gandalf voted him. You're continously attempting to push Gandalf even when your points are proven wrong, that's why you're scum.
Implosion wrote: As for point two, gandalf has never said anything once about any of his votes being for reactions, before or after the votes. All of his votes have been because he claims to have found the people he was voting for scummy. And why are you saying that he's doing this to test for reactions?

Every vote is for a reaction, you watch how they respond, either change your opinion on them or keep your vote.
Implosion wrote: First of all, lies, I've definitely questioned at least snake. And would you rather lurker-town be nightkilled or lurker-town be mislynched? Also, why are you straw-manning what I was saying? How does "killing them at night is better than using lynches on them and we might hit scum too" translate to "implosion couldn't care less if lurker-town died?"

Yes, you've questioned Snake, placed him on your scum-list and avoided adding any reasoning behind it. I rather lurker-town don't get ML'd or night-killed to be perfectly honest, I'd much rather have my FoS's lynched/nightkilled and I find it hard to understand why you don't believe the same. I translate it to that because you openely state that you don't mind them being killed at night.
Implosion wrote:
Fairly positive town:
chesskid, mana-ku, iceycupcake,
soben
, sgraaize.

Implosion wrote:
Scum reads:
gandalf
, RBT, snake, baby spice.

Implosion wrote: Why are you trying to justify his actions and his votes? Isn't that his job? Aren't you interfering with my ability to see his reaction to my vote?
If gandalf flips scum, IGMEOY. This could be a chainsaw.

Thanks for making my job easier.

CMAR, any chance you can be persuaded to move to implosion today? If not I'm also comfortable with a RBT lynch.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

PeregrineV wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:

My order of preference:

CryMeARiver
implosion

Hey there. Provide your case on me asswipe.

Well, not voting you yet, so don't need a case. However, certain things I didn't like:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p3064692-
It is much more preferable to lynch scum than to mislynch.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p3065175-
defending the above post

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... #p3078599-
resorting to name calling

Better yet, how did you come up with your list of three? Why them?

Bold
- Something scum would say. Town doesn't need to say something so ridiculous as it is clear and never did I say it wasn't more preferable to lynch scum than to mislynch.

Italics
- Yes. I felt the need to explain what I had said further. Can't wait to know how this is scummy.

Underlined
- 1) You deserved it as you were indeed being an asswipe for showing high suspicion on me when you had never done so before. 2) I generally use name calling when it comes to lurkers who come out of the blue and act like they are trying to lead. Actually, I just generally use name calling/cursing. 3) You deserve to be called an asswipe yet again now for saying you don't need a case on me when you just stated me to be your number 1 lynch choice.

I came up with that list of three because, if you've noticed, I've been updating the list of possible Day 1 lynches consistently and I have narrowed down my choices to those 3 (unless someone else tries to take that honor). Also, besides me personally, the town has also showed suspicion of these 3.

Ok, I really wasn't specific enough I guess.
CMAR in post 439 wrote:At this point, I don't care if you're town. This mislynch would be okay with me.
I find this quote to be scummy.

CMAR in post 458 wrote:I just realized that people might think of what I am doing as 1) Something with scum motives and 2) Scum trying to appear protown, but this is how I genuinely feel about AtE through selfvotes.

I read this quote to say "Even though what I said was scummy trying not to look scummy, this is really how I feel about appeal to emotion through selfvotes."
If that's not what you meant, then what did you mean?

1) It's not high suspicion. It's things I didn't like. Posting things about you doesn't make me an asswipe.
2) Sorry, the early lurking was out of my control, but I'm here now, so moving to current topics would be appreciated. Asswipe. (I use that when people call me names :wink: )
3) I thought your list was referring to damage choices. I haven't decided on my lynch choice yet. (I hate day1 btw).

And implosion made a pretty good case on Gandalf recently. What do you think about it, and Gandalf's response?

Okay. You find that post to be scummy. I understand how people can find that post to be scummy as I stated in my next post.

That's not what I meant. I meant I can see how other people find this scummy, but I personally don't because it's how I genuinely feel about selfvotes AtE

It's not high suspicion? I posted a list of 3 people who can get lynched. You proceeded to post your list with me at the top. That's not high suspicion?

You're the one who hasn't been focusing on current topics. Nice try.

I have been providing a list of 3 lynch choices throughout the game. I said "Choose who dies". I thought it was clear I was referring to lynch choices.

I can only embed 5 quotes...sigh.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”