Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Battousai wrote:There are a surprising amount of people with single digit posts. I would think some of them would post more (Katsuki seems to post a lot, but not this game). Also, I think anyone who is playing against their wincon right now in hopes of being recruited, should be taken out back and shot.

This post was your iso # 10 :roll:

Who do you think is playing against their wincon?

Porochaz wrote:I have never seen a good reason for the xvart wagon and DGB is starting to bug me with this incessant stream. She's not scummy, she's just a big blue bottle buzzing wound my head.

I feel the same way, but I agree with her on one thing, Cobbler is not a recruit.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:23 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Holy crap its's my scumday! Didn't even notice...
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Very sorry for the lack of content--I got a sudden rush of projects for work, and I fell way behind in this thread. Reading now and more detailed content sometime tomorrow.

(The above is what I typed at 4 in the morning and apparently was too tired to actually post. Substitute "today" for "tomorrow.")
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 7:36 am

Post by bvoigt »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
bvoigt wrote:UNVOTE: xvart
VOTE: Cobblerfone

Looks to me like he is struggling to come up with a suitable fakeclaim after claiming a role he didn't have.

OK. Since some of you are so very very, VERY dense. I'll explain it.

Cobblerfone is fakeclaiming unrecruitable because he doesn't want to be recruited. Claiming unrecruitable in a cult game is the equivalent of a day 1 fake dayvig in any game. I'm surprised and disappointed that there aren't more people doing it. It's the correct town play.

Cobblerfone town, leave him alone. I love him to pieces, but I wouldn't recruit him myself. I wouldn't have the heart to force him to lie to people.

It's correct town play to fakeclaim? :roll:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

bvoigt wrote:It's correct town play to fakeclaim? :roll:

Often it is, witness the one time I fakeclaimed vig as VT, in order to take the kill for the real vig who had breadcrumbed a little too heavily and was a marked man.

Here the correct town play is to fakeclaim un-recruitable to irritate the confirmed scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Cobblerfone town, leave him alone. I love him to pieces, but I wouldn't recruit him myself. I wouldn't have the heart to force him to lie to people.

<3
Bvoigt wrote:It's correct town play to fakeclaim?

I'm not saying anything one way or the other about me. But in this game it would at least draw attention away from any real unrecruitables. And with the added tast of WIFOM-sauce if a lot of recruitables claimed unrecruitable unrecruitables could claim unrecruitable, etc. Town WIFOM, it's amazin'!

So, I've been thinking. What normal ways of finding scum can we do? As far as we know, buddying doesn't work right now (though shouldn't be necessarily excluded), not being able to build a proper case doesn't work (since there are two scum teams), that leaves lurking (and trying too hard to not lurk.) and anything that's way anti-town.

I read some ISOs, I still think Ludi and Yos are town. I felt impressed to read some of the people with less presence. Cecily for instance:
Cecily about the recruiters wrote:I have no basis for opinion right now because I am unfamiliar with both players,

Cecily wrote:I feel like I'm at a disadvantage having played with only a small number of people in here.
All of this is WIFOM. Having never encountered most of these players I have no basis off of which to judge them. But I think the xvart case is strong enough at the moment to leave my vote there.

Cecily wrote:I don't know enough about him or anyone else to be able to come up with those reasons on my own.

Why do you feel the need to say this multiple times? If it weren't for the fact that there's more than one scum team I'd vote you. I've gotten to thinking that meta is mostly useless but I'll look up yours to see when you're usually this nervous.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

Post by populartajo »

Yosarian2 wrote:So, Albert: if you were going to recruit a newbie like cobblerfone or MLudi instead of an experienced player like xvart on day 1, why would you do it?

what kind of question is this?

what VALID answer did you expect to get?

Vote: Yosarian2
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:50 am

Post by populartajo »

why are you people voting for cobblerfone when we know its unlikely recruiters would go with a weak/noob choice?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Herodotus wrote:@Populartajo:
Read the game. [Redacted], and [redacted].
Do you disagree with my point that we shouldn't rule anyone out as guaranteed not to have been selected?

everyone could have been selected
the point here is that we are talking about most likely scenarios with white flag rule and with a long-plan perspective as I expect from ABR and Kinetic.
recruiters would not risk going with noobs since they can get lynched easily today or later

so cobbler wagon is fail
you knew this
but somehow still voted him
you are cult
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:59 am

Post by populartajo »

populartajo wrote:
Herodotus wrote:And I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

Herodotus wrote:
Cobb wrote:Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Cobb wrote:the
other
recruit.

Easy mode on?
UNVOTE: Spring

yeah, easy mode on.

Vote: Herodotus

everyone, thoughts of this

recruiters, who of you picked hero and who of you picked yosa?
Call me Tajo.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Battousai »

^unless they did a quick read through to see if any of the noobs were decent enough to survive

Ninja Edit: I don't understand what your point is. Is it that Hero's vote was shitty, based on misunderstanding of 'other'?

Dry-fit wrote:
Battousai wrote:There are a surprising amount of people with single digit posts. I would think some of them would post more (Katsuki seems to post a lot, but not this game). Also, I think anyone who is playing against their wincon right now in hopes of being recruited, should be taken out back and shot.

This post was your iso # 10 :roll:

Who do you think is playing against their wincon?

Oh no, you found me out... I only have an average of 1 post a day (rounded down). I just picked 10 as a cut of as it was a rounded number (10, 20, 30, etc.)

NS -5 (confirm, simile, jokish remark, votes/participates, apology of inactivity)
Dry-fit 6 (4 before I posted) (confirm, finds cobbler scummy but unlikely recruit, apology of inactivity, catch up post/vote, asks 2 questions, spam/scum day post)
Cecily -6 (confirm, participate, participate/vote, participate, participate, activity promise)
Katsuki -7 (confirm, mechanic speculation, activity increase promise, hasn’t read/will lurk, participate, participate, explanation of lurk post)
Bunnylover- 5 (confirm, vote, role speculation, participate, participate)
Populartajo- 6 (confirm, reading, participate/vote, participate, participate, participate)
Seraphim- 6 (confirm, participate, participate, participate, participate/vote, promise of post)
RaudhrGarm- 4 (confirm, participate/vote, participate, apology of inactivity/v/la)

I know some of this is actual RL stuff and some of them don‘t post a lot to begin with, but I was putting it out there that I thought if anyone was intentionally lurking and trying to get by on that in order to get recruited (by not making waves, staying out of spotlight, not participating), or planed on or doing it in another way, that they are playing against wincon and they shouldn’t because that's dickish.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 am

populartajo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:So, Albert: if you were going to recruit a newbie like cobblerfone or MLudi instead of an experienced player like xvart on day 1, why would you do it?

what kind of question is this?

what VALID answer did you expect to get?

Vote: Yosarian2

Nothing irks me more than players trying lame pickup lines with the confirmed scum.
"So, Albert: if you were going to recruit a newbie like cobblerfone or MLudi, did you clean your pants with Windex? I can practically see myself in them. Am I dead, Angel? Cause this must be heaven!"

Hero and Yos are sitting at the table waiting for the rope picnic.

Just not today. But soon.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:16 am

Battousai wrote:NS -5 (confirm, simile, jokish remark, votes/participates, apology of inactivity)
Dry-fit 6 (4 before I posted) (confirm, finds cobbler scummy but unlikely recruit, apology of inactivity, catch up post/vote, asks 2 questions, spam/scum day post)
Cecily -6 (confirm, participate, participate/vote, participate, participate, activity promise)
Katsuki -7 (confirm, mechanic speculation, activity increase promise, hasn’t read/will lurk, participate, participate, explanation of lurk post)
Populartajo- 6 (confirm, reading, participate/vote, participate, participate, participate)
Seraphim- 6 (confirm, participate, participate, participate, participate/vote, promise of post)
RaudhrGarm- 4 (confirm, participate/vote, participate, apology of inactivity/v/la)

I wish we had more kills per day. There is gold in that list.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

Cobblerfone wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Cobblerfone town, leave him alone. I love him to pieces, but I wouldn't recruit him myself. I wouldn't have the heart to force him to lie to people.

<3
Bvoigt wrote:It's correct town play to fakeclaim?

I'm not saying anything one way or the other about me. But in this game it would at least draw attention away from any real unrecruitables. And with the added tast of WIFOM-sauce if a lot of recruitables claimed unrecruitable unrecruitables could claim unrecruitable, etc. Town WIFOM, it's amazin'!

It's easy for you to say this after DGB brought it up....
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Fritzler »

populartajo wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Herodotus wrote:And I'd rather not see Ludi, in particular, pushed too hard, because he's a newbie and may look scummy even as a townie if he's pressured.

Herodotus wrote:
Cobb wrote:Okay, I think Yosarian might be the other recruit.

Cobb wrote:the
other
recruit.

Easy mode on?
UNVOTE: Spring

yeah, easy mode on.

Vote: Herodotus

everyone, thoughts of this

I think everyone is forgetting idiot =/= scum (in both cases)
Surfs up dude.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Cobblerfone votes: (xvart, Flameaxe, Porochaz, Tanarin, ooba, bvoigt), Herodotus was on the wagon earlier. Maybe others.

There is some cruitscum on that krapwagon.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by xvart »

Battousai, 485 wrote:NS -5 (confirm, simile, jokish remark, votes/participates, apology of inactivity)

This might be a pretty good starting point for a list to exhaust our vig kills if we want to discuss going that route. More to come later tonight when I catch up.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 12:53 pm

NS, Dry-fit, Katsuki, RaudG are like delicious vig meat spilling lurking juice on the butcher's block.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Fritzler »

So guys, I am going to claim: I am not a vig, and I am going to travel every single night, in the hopes that I find something in one of those buildings that gives me a vig kill.
Surfs up dude.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

I read a couple of Cecily's games. Found it null for the evidence gathered. She has repeated herself as town, and has been mostly contentless when scum. (I only found one scum game.)

But, she's posted lightly. (which, admittedly seems to be par for the course for her.) I hope she delivers on that promise for an indepth post tomorrow. (Okay, that's kind of putting words in her mouth. Still- hoping.)

Seraphim, Katsuki, and all the other ISOcially challenged too please. That'd be great. I'm not even sure what the posts will be about. Probably me, or xvart or yos, or batt, or ludi, or dbg, or hero, etc.

I'll get to rereading Hero and xvart and probably others tomorrow btw.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Cobblerfone is fakeclaiming unrecruitable because he doesn't want to be recruited. Claiming unrecruitable in a cult game is the equivalent of a day 1 fake dayvig in any game. I'm surprised and disappointed that there aren't more people doing it. It's the correct town play.

Unless you are
actually
unrecruitable. Ironic.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Battousai wrote:NS -5 (confirm, simile, jokish remark, votes/participates, apology of inactivity)

I wish we had more kills per day. There is gold in that list.

To be fair if I was recruited I would try to make sure I was active. (In fact I'd probably try so hard that it would become obvious that I was trying too hard, and then get lynched!)

Fritzler wrote:So guys, I am going to claim: I am not a vig, and I am going to travel every single night, in the hopes that I find something in one of those buildings that gives me a vig kill.

Is that how the buildings work?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Fifth Vote Count of Day One:

xvart - 7 (DrippingGoofball, Cecily, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Fritzler, Nobody Special, ThAdmiral)
Cobblerfone - 6 (xvart, Flameaxe, Porochaz, Tanarin, ooba, bvoigt)
Magister Ludi - 2 (springlullaby, Battousai)
springlullaby - 2 (Herodotus, Zdenek)
Yosarian2 - 2 (Magister Ludi, populartajo)
Chronopie - 1 (RaudhrGarm)
Katsuki - 1 (Bunnylover)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Dry-fit)

Not Voting: 3 (Chronopie, Katsuki, Cobblerfone)

With 25 voters, it will take 13 to lynch.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:01 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:

xvart - 7 (DrippingGoofball, Cecily, Yosarian2, Seraphim, Fritzler, Nobody Special, ThAdmiral)
Cobblerfone - 6 (
recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit
)
Katsuki - 1 (Bunnylover)
Herodotus - 1 (populartajo)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Dry-fit)

Corrected for accuracy.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:

Cobblerfone - 6 (
)
Katsuki - 1 (Bunnylover)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Dry-fit)

Corrected for not being helpful.

Fixed. We get the point, stop waving this same post around and convince us that your silly xvart wagon is worth our time. I'm getting tired of this little broken record routine of yours.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Flameaxe wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:

Cobblerfone - 6 (
)
Katsuki - 1 (Bunnylover)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Dry-fit)

Corrected for not being helpful.

Fixed. We get the point, stop waving this same post around and convince us that your silly xvart wagon is worth our time. I'm getting tired of this little broken record routine of yours.

This. You don't have a penis, so stop waving it around.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”