Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 9

Players not voting: AlmasterGM, Amrun, Bastard Bros, C-Worl, DietyKabuto, Drunken Unicorn Master, elvis_knits, Gammagooey, GreyICE, Iecerint, Katsuki, Magister Ludi, Maxous, mykonian, RayFrost, Vi

Bluhhh.
Protective shot kinda makes sense but I'm having a really hard time getting past the told you were roleblocked thing.

If anyone else wants to step in with opinions here I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by SpyreX on Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Guyz it's a holiday, what's with all the HOLY DUELING CONTENT POSTING.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Catching up now...
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

Gammagooey wrote:Bluhhh.
Protective shot kinda makes sense but I'm having a really hard time getting past the told you were roleblocked thing.

That basically is my opinoin.

It does mean we definitely have another intervening role (if ek is town) b/c there was only one kill.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Vi »

Gammagooey 925... Following statement made without knowledge of flavor. Archer as Doctor seemingly incomprehensible. Requesting information regarding whether real protective characters exist in flavor.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm going over the wiki- There are two bodyguards to Cao Cao (Dian Wei and Xu Zhu) but I don't see anyone that heals on the battlefield or anything.
wiki is here if other people want to go over it:http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Wei_characters
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Gammagooey wrote:Bluhhh.

I have to assume that it's just his policy to tell people if their action was not successful. I don't think that spyrex would make an exception for me, unless he didn't want me to assume that I had saved Vi from dying when I hadn't.

Also, FWIW, early day I sent in conditional actions to protect a)redcoyote, or d)protect redcoyote and juls if i won a duel. Then Vi killed redcoyote and he was scum so I sent in the a)protect on Vi. I didn't send in another d) conditional if I won a duel because I figured I would worry about that again if I ended up dueling.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ooooookay, so apparently I missed the whole thing. WOOSH. I would not be surprised at all if one of the no-kills was simply from somebody forgetting about instantaneous night.

As far as the past deaths ago, I expected Toasty and (to a lesser degree) inHim to flip scum, but whatever - I don't think I'm wrong on ALL my reads.

Vote: GreyICE

Connection to RedCoyote by Vi is good. Also, he's still scummy.

Maxous's declaration that he's dueling today is a no-no unless approved by obvtown players.

More later.

P.S. I don't know anything about flavor, so I'll leave decrypting all that to other people.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think Dian Wei and Xu Zhu are the most likely protective roles via flavor.

Via abilities, Cai Wenji might've made sense (I think her musou heals herself), but she just flipped (=inHim).

Xiahou Yuan's big flavor importance is his rivalry with Huang Zhong of Shu (who ultimately kills him).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

All I know of flavor is I have arrows on my back.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

And I look badass.
Talk nerdy to me.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Worth noting that Zhang He was a watcher/tracker or something, which also didn't make much sense other than that he's a kinda fast character.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

elvis was there flavor with your roleblocked message y/n?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Katsuki »

THE FUCK

JULS FLIPPED TOWN?!

Vi wrote:...

Playback.
Katsuki 664 wrote:TEEHEE TOLD YOU GUYS RC WAS SCUM.

Looks like Ludi was right with 2 scum groups. Of all people to made third party, I doubt it would be Gan Ning...

Who wants to claim Zhou Yu and Sun Quan
for us
?? :D
Bolded portion of playback (most) suspect.

Further input from Gammagooey detected. Advisory issued to duel player who is not obviously Town this time, particularly with previously flipped scum on wagon. Gratitude issued in advance.

Town consists of more than one person last I checked.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Gammagooey wrote:
Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 9

Players not voting: AlmasterGM, Amrun, Bastard Bros, C-Worl, DietyKabuto, Drunken Unicorn Master, elvis_knits, Gammagooey, GreyICE, Iecerint, Katsuki, Magister Ludi, Maxous, mykonian, RayFrost, Vi

Bluhhh.

Spyspy let players know when they were roleblocked in PYP4 (at least, I remember him doing so).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Both the roles that got blocked in PYP4 were result roles unless I missed something (gud was watcher volk was gunsmith)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Gammagooey wrote:elvis was there flavor with your roleblocked message y/n?

No flavor.
Talk nerdy to me.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Gammagooey wrote:Both the roles that got blocked in PYP4 were result roles unless I missed something (gud was watcher volk was gunsmith)

I think Gud was notified that he got roleblocked.

Would be worth checking.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Well yeah giving a watcher a result of no one visited and you were roleblocked are two very different things.

Whereas a doc being roleblocked or not doesn't actually need a message since it doesn't change anything.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by GreyICE »

AlmasterGM wrote:Alright, so here's the secret stuff I was talking about.

One of my passive abilities, called "intelligence," confirms that there are three anti-town factions in the game.
In other words, we're (almost certainly) dealing with two scumteams and a serial killer. I initially planned to hold on to this information in an attempt to catch someone in a lie (e.g., the serial killer fakeclaiming vig, or something). However, RedCoyote's flip negates that potential benefit and it's likely there will be two people dead tonight anyway, so I see no reason not to claim now.

As a side note, this information is why I was so adamant about trusting obvtownies to duel scum. It's multiscum, so even if we accidentally label scum town, they still have an incentive to honestly hunt and nail the other team in order to look obvtown.

Here's how we can use this information to our advantage: Scum already know that this is multiscum from the size of their teams. With 20 players I would guess 3 person scumteams ... possibly 4, but that's unlikely. 3/17 or 3/1/16 is unheard of - thus scum are automatically going to know the setup is 3/3/14 or 3/3/1/13. Thus, what we are looking for is people who already seem certain that it's multiscum. It's not a slam-dunk tell, of course, but I think it's definitely something.

My secret towntell on GreyICE was this.

GreyICE iso #22 wrote:Hey AGM, time to bus your buddy.

GreyICE iso #24 wrote:Oh right, this could be two teams. Fair point. I'd hate to lynch you for being the wrong sort of scum. That'd be downright rude

The manner in which he "discovers" the possibility of multiscum sounds way too natural and legitimate for me. Don't get me wrong, I HATE everything else about his play, but this was enough for me to at least discount lynching him before I came forth with this information and discussed it with other people. However, GreyICE lost a LOT of that town cred in this post:

GreyICE iso #32 wrote:AGM is free scum or your money back. Why? He was pushing me and then backed off with LOLSEKRET META TELL. This is obvious bullshit. Is no sekret meta tell.
He just figures that he's declaring a general truce with the other scumteam for day 1.
Joke is on him, I is not scums.

With town as heavily non-VT as the OP suggests, is not 1+SK, is 1+1

Emphasis mine. Here, GreyICE is 100% certain about multiscum, which is the exact scumtell I was looking for. Moreover, this "heavy non-VT" assumption doesn't exist ANYWHERE in the OP. All it says is everybody gets to do something if they win a duel, which isn't even that good, since (in most cases) only one person will be winning a duel per day. Thus, GreyICE is moving WAAAY back up on my scumlist. Near the top, now.

It's memorial day weekend so I don't have a ton of time right now, but I will be combing through the rest of the thread when I get a chance to look for more reads surrounding this issue.

Oh man, it's 13:3:3:1. With a third party flipping, I bet no scum would know that.

AGM, I called it in [REDACTED] too. I'll link to it when it's over, but anyone crosspollinated from that game can confirm it. You suspect by page 10, are fairly certain by page 20, and KNOW by page 30 if its multiteam. Only thing that's ever screwed with me was a team of neutral survivors, and the game was odd to begin with. Multiteam smells different from single team.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

T-Bone replaces Bastard Bros immediately.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by T-Bone »

SpyreX is confirmed scum. Just a thought.

In the meantime, I've actually been following the game for some time because the duel mechanic interests me, so I half know what's going on (half know, been skimming because I want to see the duels in action). So here's what I will and will not do for those curious. I will effectively start the game here on Page 38 and will only reference the first 37 as an on need basis. Why am I doing that you ask? I want an unbiased outlook on the game from the moment I enter, because a replacement changes things. I personally find it more effective to play from the moment you replace in than to backtrack (I'll never catch up!) I will not answer to the actions of my predecessor as it isn't fair for me to discern the motives of his posts. So if I disagree with something he said, oh well. It happens.

Any questions for me? No? Good.

If anyone has relevant information I must know or else bad things happen, feel free. I get the jist of some of the important things. Town elect the duelists and the guy we almost lynch gets dueled. Sound about right? 3 players are dead. Facts straight?

Okay.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Soooo you've been following along but you don't have any reads on the first 37 pages?

Wut.

To me this sounds like, "I had reads, but then I drew a scum role PM, so now I need to completely rethink this game from a scum point of view."
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Things Needing Adressment:

Gamma, did you gain anything from winning the duel? I know Max asked this, but What is the flavor behind being able to duel twice everyday?

Why did you need Elvis to claim?

Myko, did you know two votes would end the duel?

~~~~~~
The one night kill is also interesting. It might be possible if there are more than one team that they forgot it was an auto-night and didn't sumbit a kill.

I still see Iece concentrating mainly on flavor. Still voteable.

Will look into Juls nightkill. Check out the town/scum reads.

"I will not answer to the actions of my predecessor as it isn't fair for me to discern the motives of his posts. So if I disagree with something he said, oh well. It happens."

This screams scum from T-Bone. If you replace into a town slot, you know the reads of your predessor were coming from town so no need to worry. If you replace into scum, oh **** you are worried about stepping on people's toes and need to apologize.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I think I hate T-bone's entry post almost as much as I hated all of Bastard's.

I'm gonna sleep on all this and decide on elvis tomorrow- if you have BIGGER AND BETTER role information or just want to give your opinion on something before that, then do it before tomorrow night. For reference the two possibilities for elvis are-
a)die today
or
b)protect in the group of {mykonian, Vi, AGM, myself} for pretty much the rest of the game until she dies. She's not winning a duel with anyone for double powers.

ninja'd by Magi-
on duel winning- Tell me why you need to know and if it's a decent reason I'll tell you.
on elvis I will share this since it'll help everyone with opinions of her- I roleblocked her and there are two missing kills going by AGM's 3 antitown faction thing, plus since she's claiming doc it makes it a lot less likely that they were stopped by other things.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”