jilynne1991
vezokprika
Sathoris
earworm (1) - Ironhead
C-Worl (2) - vezokprika, earworm
Wredfar
Ironhead
sorasgoof

Note Voting: DeityKabuto, TheJakalope, Nocmen, TheMask, Monk, C-Worl, Wredfar, jilynne1991, Cobblerfone

With 16 alive, its 9 to lynch.

The Cops may self-investigate.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by monk »

Oh cool, that means that the cops can figure out their sanity. gogogo this must be done. So much noise and not enough scumhunting, VOTE: wredfar
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

I was going to say we should MC. But then I thought and no I'm not going to say.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Ironhead »

earworm wrote:Really.

You want justified bandwagons in RVs? If I had a justification it wouldn't be a RV.

I didn't say I want justified bandwagons. I don't want bandwagons at all, because their only justification is that they are a bandwagon. If you have a reason to suspect someone is scum, then you're voting that player not because you are "jumping on the bandwagon," but because you think the player might actually be scum.

Furthermore, RVS is random only for the town. Scum know who each other are, so for them the voting is not random. Therefore, they have a little bit of leverage (in their power of numbers, even if there are only a couple of them) to direct on whom the bandwagon falls. Occasionally, we might get lucky and see a bunch of townies randomly bandwagoning a scum; but it is much more likely that we end up with a townie getting bandwagoned, and that townie is more likely to be lynched than those who voted him -- because someone,
anyone
, can discern a "scum read" in the tea leaves of his reaction. If no one else does it, one of the scum can throw that first stone -- but usually there is a useful idiot in the town to do it first.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Surye »

vezokpiraka wrote:I was going to say we should MC. But then I thought and no I'm not going to say.

lolwut

Ironhead wrote:

You want justified bandwagons in RVs? If I had a justification it wouldn't be a RV.

I didn't say I want justified bandwagons. I don't want bandwagons at all, because their only justification is that they are a bandwagon. If you have a reason to suspect someone is scum, then you're voting that player not because you are "jumping on the bandwagon," but because you think the player might actually be scum.

Furthermore, RVS is random only for the town. Scum know who each other are, so for them the voting is not random. Therefore, they have a little bit of leverage (in their power of numbers, even if there are only a couple of them) to direct on whom the bandwagon falls. Occasionally, we might get lucky and see a bunch of townies randomly bandwagoning a scum; but it is much more likely that we end up with a townie getting bandwagoned, and that townie is more likely to be lynched than those who voted him -- because someone,
anyone
, can discern a "scum read" in the tea leaves of his reaction. If no one else does it, one of the scum can throw that first stone -- but usually there is a useful idiot in the town to do it first.

Bandwagons that start page 1 rarely lead to a lynch in my experience, but they get discussion going very nicely. Establishes early voting patterns and stances against players.

Like this cool wagon on CMAR.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 am

Post by sorasgoof »

I've seen people play like CMAR is right now (Parama comes to mind), and you can't use that style of play as a read either way. Just sayin'.

@TheJackalope: What's questionable about it? You say it isn't scummy, so what's wrong with it?

@vezokpiraka: I've been on the site for over a year now, and I've never seen that abbreviation. What's MC?

I approve of RVS bandwagons, for anyone following that debate. However, RVS wagons rarely (as Surye said) lead to a lynch, and experienced players don't really react to them in my experience. New players might, I guess. They do provide points of discussion, which is why RVS wagons are useful. @Ironhead: Even if someone "discerns a 'scum read'" from a reaction due to an RVS wagon, it's up to the rest of the town to discuss it. Another point in favor of RVS wagons.

tl;dr: RVS wagons are more helpful than hurtful.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

sorasgoof wrote:I've seen people play like CMAR is right now (Parama comes to mind), and you can't use that style of play as a read either way. Just sayin'.

@TheJackalope: What's questionable about it? You say it isn't scummy, so what's wrong with it?

@vezokpiraka: I've been on the site for over a year now, and I've never seen that abbreviation. What's MC?

I approve of RVS bandwagons, for anyone following that debate. However, RVS wagons rarely (as Surye said) lead to a lynch, and experienced players don't really react to them in my experience. New players might, I guess. They do provide points of discussion, which is why RVS wagons are useful. @Ironhead: Even if someone "discerns a 'scum read'" from a reaction due to an RVS wagon, it's up to the rest of the town to discuss it. Another point in favor of RVS wagons.

tl;dr: RVS wagons are more helpful than hurtful.

oh lol:)
Mc is mass claim. sorry for the confusion.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am

Post by C-Worl »

We seem to be arguing scum hunting theories in this thread more than we're actually scum hunting. Mafia is an ever evolving game. As we learn the things scum do the scum learn not to do them and you'll always see townies who do those things on accident. What may have been an accurate strategy last month could be outdated this month. Therefore if people vote each other for contrasting theories (the rvs wagon for example) then the best thing is to just let them bc we can eventually learn things just by seeing how they react to each other in a one on one situation.

We're not mass claiming Vezo. Not on D1.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:11 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

TheMask wrote:HI SORA!! Hi, jilynne. I miss the days when I'd play in a cluster of games. And HI other people who don't know me. You should cool it with the buddying, CMAR. MOD: may the cops self investigate? I don't have an RV on deck but I'm wondering why vezok hasn't claimed yet. :) hehehehe. I'll wait for CMAR to unvote so I don't look omgusy..... what???

Damnit! I got so caught up at the beginning of the game, I completely forgot to suggest this -__- I definitely thought of this looking at the setup pregame. Good job @TheMask.
I'm not buddying. Me saying you're being protown/have a good post is not an attempt at buddying, it's simply me saying you have a good post. That's like saying if I keep saying someone is scummy that I'm tunneling.
TheJakalope wrote:This game certainly got started quickly. I skimmed the thread, nothing major jumps out, I'll try to get some reads later, but CMAR, who appointed you the man who decides who is town or not? Especially when you are making these judgements from very few posts. This isn't very scummy of you, just.. questionable.

Say whaaat? I'm not appointing people town. I'm telling people what my reads are. They can take them or leave them. I will use their reaction of my reads to judge them.

jilynne1991 wrote:I actually don't see anything wrong with CMAR, but being able to make judgements that quickly make me think one of two things: 1) he might be really good at this game or 2) he's a loudmouth who should stop making assumptions so quickly.

Probably the 2nd one ;) At least most of the time :)

@Jackalope: What's your reaction to a post like this?:
jilynne wrote:Earworm seems to be a smart played, but he's still a null read at the moment for me.

vezo wrote:I was going to say we should MC. But then I thought and no I'm not going to say.

Also thought of this after that cop idea ^ The risk outweighs the reward by far. Maybe if the BG's could save and retaliate, but since they can only save, their is no use except having the BG's/other PR's die N1.

Surye wrote:Bandwagons that start page 1 rarely lead to a lynch in my experience, but they get discussion going very nicely. Establishes early voting patterns and stances against players.

Like this cool wagon on CMAR.

Good posting. Very true.

Going to do a quick meta check on Iron and see if this is his general opinion on bandwagons. His opinion is not scummy in the least, just different from what I generally see.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:12 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

C-Worl wrote:
We seem to be arguing scum hunting theories in this thread more than we're actually scum hunting. Mafia is an ever evolving game. As we learn the things scum do the scum learn not to do them and you'll always see townies who do those things on accident. What may have been an accurate strategy last month could be outdated this month. Therefore if people vote each other for contrasting theories (the rvs wagon for example) then the best thing is to just let them bc we can eventually learn things just by seeing how they react to each other in a one on one situation.

I'm very confused at to what point the bolded served at all...
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Surye »

C-Worl wrote:We seem to be arguing scum hunting theories in this thread more than we're actually scum hunting. Mafia is an ever evolving game. As we learn the things scum do the scum learn not to do them and you'll always see townies who do those things on accident. What may have been an accurate strategy last month could be outdated this month. Therefore if people vote each other for contrasting theories (the rvs wagon for example) then the best thing is to just let them bc we can eventually learn things just by seeing how they react to each other in a one on one situation.

Vezo has permanently broken my scumdar for him by being consistently and constantly scummy. Frustrating as hell.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Surye »

CryMeARiver wrote:
C-Worl wrote:

It's pretty clearly trying to derail the current conversation as calling it pointless. Even though it's not.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:22 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Surye wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
C-Worl wrote:

It's pretty clearly trying to derail the current conversation as calling it pointless. Even though it's not.

Good call.

@Cworl - Any conversation is good conversation.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:23 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Ironhead wrote:

anyone

For the record, quick meta of Ironhead shows this is exactly how he usually feels.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:28 am

Post by earworm »

Yeah that's the meta for iron. frustrating for people like me, but whatever

@cworl: instead of complaining about the lack of scumhunting, how about *gasp* do some scumhunting yourself?
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Decided my vote could serve a better purpose elsewhere.

Unvote; Vote: TheJakalope
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:29 am

Post by The Mask »

Vote: ironhead
Don't care about meta. His attack on jil is too pushy for so little. I think C-Worl is town this time. I don't believe I've ever seen him be this calm out the gate. BUT yes, do scumhunt. CMAR comes across like a lone sk or traitor, to be frank. This is a "dont target me, buds" playstyle.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

The Mask wrote:
Vote: ironhead
Don't care about meta. His attack on jil is too pushy for so little. I think C-Worl is town this time. I don't believe I've ever seen him be this calm out the gate. BUT yes, do scumhunt. CMAR comes across like a lone sk or traitor, to be frank. This is a "dont target me, buds" playstyle.

If I was traitor, I'd want my buds to target me honestly. I really dislike being on my own.

To be honest, I didn't remember a traitor or SK in this game - thanks for the reminded. But no, my play can be explained, I just choose not to explain it at this point. And yes, CWorl is town me thinks.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Surye wrote:
C-Worl wrote:We seem to be arguing scum hunting theories in this thread more than we're actually scum hunting. Mafia is an ever evolving game. As we learn the things scum do the scum learn not to do them and you'll always see townies who do those things on accident. What may have been an accurate strategy last month could be outdated this month. Therefore if people vote each other for contrasting theories (the rvs wagon for example) then the best thing is to just let them bc we can eventually learn things just by seeing how they react to each other in a one on one situation.

Vezo has permanently broken my scumdar for him by being consistently and constantly scummy. Frustrating as hell.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. He makes me laugh because of his stupidity and oblivioun, but it makes me frustrated too!
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

vezokpiraka wrote:I was going to say we should MC. But then I thought and no I'm not going to say.

Please explain why you bother posting then? What you're doing is generally called active lurking.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

jil about vezok wrote:That's exactly what I'm thinking. He makes me laugh because of his stupidity and oblivioun, but it makes me frustrated too!

jil to vezok wrote:Please explain why you bother posting then? What you're doing is generally called active lurking.

Um? Doesn't this second post strike anyone a bit odd when it seems jil is familiar with vezok?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Cobblerfone wrote:
jil about vezok wrote:That's exactly what I'm thinking. He makes me laugh because of his stupidity and oblivioun, but it makes me frustrated too!

jil to vezok wrote:Please explain why you bother posting then? What you're doing is generally called active lurking.

Um? Doesn't this second post strike anyone a bit odd when it seems jil is familiar with vezok?

Why do you care about others opinions so much?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Surye »

She's just jumping on the sitewide bandwagon against Vezo.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Surye »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:

Why do you care about others opinions so much?

Other's expressions of opinions are often great for scum hunting. Keeping note of D1 interactions can prove useful later. Why question and implicitly discourage questions, especially this early in the game?
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by monk »

Cobblerfone wrote:

not really, I see it as jil trying to get vezok to be productive.

Also Vezo wagon is so much fun though, in my experience with him he doesn't actually contribute much and rarely tries to crawl out of rvs.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”