DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Duel in progress

Gammagooey wrote:Why in the fuck did you just throw away a free lynch.

There are quite a few other players worth lynching.
Last edited by SpyreX on Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Are you even fucking reading the game.
If I start a duel it doesn't end the day.
Yours will.
We just lost a lynch because of your stupidity.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:33 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Gammagooey wrote:Are you even fucking reading the game.
If I start a duel it doesn't end the day.
Yours will.
We just lost a lynch because of your stupidity.

Don't be so sure on that. :wink:
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh.
Then I apologize but I really wish you had said something as you were dueling so I didn't get all mad for no reason.
*chills*
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Vi »

RayFrost 970... No.

DeityKabuto 977... Bluff anticipated. Claim requested at earliest possible convenience.
Vote... No Winner
in advance.

Activating Murakumo unit.
Initiating termination protocol.
Cut Through: GreyICE

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh.
It's so stupid to do as scum though.
Maaaybe a claim of the not-ending-day ability to show it's legit but I think he's town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:48 am

Post by mykonian »

Elvis. Dueling one day before the duel deadline, and several before the end of the day: not a loss.

This is stupid though. And even more stupid, I don't yet know what to do with it.

@Gamma. The way the specifics are presented.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 1:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

WTF

I will be on in a little bit, but should something crazy happen and I'm dead before that, I just want to repeat this little nugget:

elvis wrote:I have been in other games with similar mechanics that result in more than one player dead each day (like dynamite or something), and if you don't watch your arse you can lose a bunch of people in nothing flat and sometimes not have enough to go off in terms of getting other player's opinions. Then you're really in the hole, and scum are laughing. I'm not sure I want a double death on D1. I want to see a flip before committing to that amount of risk.

Whatever we do: I want every player to weigh in on who they want to duel and and why, if they want two dead or one, and who they want to lynch and why. We need that info to stack up over the days.

And no fucking way should any town player challenge anybody to a duel without a majority agreement. No fucking way. It is anti-town to act on something irreversible like deciding the duel for the town. We will get much more info if everyone decides together.

PLEASE STOP DUELING PEOPLE WITHOUT MAJORITY AGREEMENT!!!!! YOU MUST GET SOME RULES TOGETHER AND FOLLOW THEM AND PUNISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY ALONG.

And sorry, myko, but you opened the door for what deity is doing, and it will only get worse from here if you all don't crack down on this.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 1:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

And you know what else?

We have a right to know what roles we're empowering.

Anyone who goes into the duel should claim.

I only partially understand gamma's role. I don't know what myko's role is. I don't even know what inhim's role is and now we'll never know.

HOW on earth can we catch scum that we accidentally empowered if we don't force claims from people in the duel.

WTF guys.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

T-Bone wrote:SpyreX is confirmed scum. Just a thought.

In the meantime, I've actually been following the game for some time because the duel mechanic interests me, so I half know what's going on (half know, been skimming because I want to see the duels in action). So here's what I will and will not do for those curious. I will effectively start the game here on Page 38 and will only reference the first 37 as an on need basis. Why am I doing that you ask? I want an unbiased outlook on the game from the moment I enter, because a replacement changes things. I personally find it more effective to play from the moment you replace in than to backtrack (I'll never catch up!) I will not answer to the actions of my predecessor as it isn't fair for me to discern the motives of his posts. So if I disagree with something he said, oh well. It happens.

If you've been following along it shouldn't be that hard to try to catch up...

I don't even mind if you don't want to reread, but I want your opinions from the first37 pages, even if they're not completely fleshed out.
Talk nerdy to me.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:08 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

See this is what happens when you try and use democracy. Random people just roll in and fuck everything up anyway. And then there has to be YET ANOTHER debate about punishing them, because that would have to go through the democratic process as well.

Thus, I propose MARTIAL LAW. If your name is not Juls, Gammagooey, mykonian, AlmasterGM, or Vi, you are NOT ALLOWED TO START DUELS. If you start a duel and you are not a) one of these people or b) ordered to start a duel by one of these people, you are marked for immediate death. End of story.

Vote: No winner
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Blah, I'm so mad about how this went down. I was fine with having to duel because I don't htink I've played that well and it was seeming inevitable. But DK dueling me like this is so fucked up. He completely ignored my claim, when actually Gammagoey RB'ing me supports that I am telling the truth. I feel like he just jumped at the chance to kill a PR. I'm also feeling like you all are scum at this point, but I guess that's not possible, and not very helpful. I will try to organize my thoughts before I die so that I can maybe help a little on the way out.

I beg you:

Don't let individual players decide the duel.
Don't let duelists get away without claiming.
Kill every player who duels without consent.

I really think if you don't do the above from here on out, town loses.
Talk nerdy to me.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:10 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

No, your system has been proven not to work. We are using mine from now on.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

AlmasterGM wrote:See this is what happens when you try and use democracy. Random people just roll in and fuck everything up anyway. And then there has to be YET ANOTHER debate about punishing them, because that would have to go through the democratic process as well.

Thus, I propose MARTIAL LAW. If your name is not Juls, Gammagooey, mykonian, AlmasterGM, or Vi, you are NOT ALLOWED TO START DUELS. If you start a duel and you are not a) one of these people or b) ordered to start a duel by one of these people, you are marked for immediate death. End of story.

Vote: No winner

BUT WE'RE NOT USING DEMOCRACY!!!!!!! WE'RE BEING RETARDED!!!!!

Also, Juls is dead. Gamma and myko have killed town. You've done jackshit. Vi's the only one there who is awesome.

MARTIAL LAW IS CRAP.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

AlmasterGM wrote:No, your system has been proven not to work. We are using mine from now on.

NOBODY EVER USED MY SYSTEM
Talk nerdy to me.

Drunken Unicorn Master
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Drunken Unicorn Master »

You're gone, Deity.

Vote: e_k to win

I have a town read on e_k. Deity just flew south to the scumlist.

Surprised inHim flipped town. Not surprised Juls flipped town.

~CSL
Expect massive differences in our posting styles, but just in case it's not clear: We are SO town. :)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Amrun »

I think I'll be voting elvis to win.

Definitely will not at any point vote DK to win.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yes we did. We told everyone they had to wait and vote in straw-polls to determine the duelist and the dueled, but people ignored it because there was no clear leadership. Random people started making sweeping statements like, I'm dueling X today!" and, in this case, actually STARTING a duel. And because we have to use the same sluggish and inefficient democratic process in order to hold people accountable, there is no way for us to actually enforce anything.

By using an authoritarian system with clear leadership, rules, and punishments, we check back idiocy and hold people accountable for their actions.

(It's pretty interesting how real-world political theory actually applies to this game).
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I wanted punishments to begin with. I said we needed a town appointed enforcer from the beginning and you called me scum.

And because we didn't punish myko yesterday, this shit with DK has happened. Why are you punishing DK and not myko?
Talk nerdy to me.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Because lynching town is BAD.
Plus he already had some support for dueling anyway, on a duelist considered by most players to be scum, the only thing he fucked up was not waiting for a claim.

There's not a chance of me voting for elvis to win, this kind of reckless stupidity comes from town 9.8 times out of 10, and you can go into the very games elvis linked at the beginning of the game to check it. I'll settle for a double death if I have to given that elvis is still one of the scummiest players in the game and the roleblock shenanigans isn't how I think SpyreX would resolve the issue. (I did check ALL of Spy's previous games for this- the only one with a roleblocked non-result role that didn't end the game/have the player no action anyway was in Powerful Wizards, but he didn't say in-thread if he got a message saying he was blocked and it was a mass-block anyway so it was generally known he was blocked)

Given that people want to murder him Deity needs to claim the duel not ending the day ability and probably the rest of his role as well.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 4:39 am

Post by RayFrost »

Shamelessly lurking for a couple days. So. Ill. There are scales of mucus growing inside my nose as we speak. By the end of the week, I might breath fire.
don't you feel silly now?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Iecerint »

This is myko all over again; sub-par duelist on sub-par target. I want a claim from DK and GreyICE's flip before I vote either way.

@ Gamma -- Why does having special concern about EK => +double death...?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Gammagooey wrote:
the roleblock shenanigans isn't how I think SpyreX would resolve the issue. (I did check ALL of Spy's previous games for this- the only one with a roleblocked non-result role that didn't end the game/have the player no action anyway was in Powerful Wizards, but he didn't say in-thread if he got a message saying he was blocked and it was a mass-block anyway so it was generally known he was blocked)

WHAT PART OF ME KNOWING I WAS BLOCKED MAKES ME LOOK SCUMMY?

THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE THIS GAME:
KILLED TOWN (TOASTY)
BLOCKED ME (POWERFUL PROTECTIVE ROLE)
FORCED ME TO CLAIM
PUSHED FOR MY DEATH EVEN THOUGH NOBODY HAS A PROBLEM WITH MY CLAIM AND I CAN CONFIRM YOUR BLOCK

GET A CLUE
Talk nerdy to me.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Gammagooey »

The fact that most mods on site wouldn't give that message, none of the newbie games have "doc gets message when roleblocked" in their mechanics and I don't know of any mods that actively disagree with that.
Whereas if you're scum you KNOW that you were blocked because your kill didn't go through, you know that's probably the role information being brought up against you, AND it's quite unlikely that the kill was stopped by other methods given that there probably aren't two docs in the setup, meaning that it's basically
a)you're scum
or
b)At least one antitown faction missed their kill entirely AND a second one either has weird kill mechanics or ALSO missed their kill or had it blocked.

And it's super nice to see you trying to discredit me without either thinking I'm scum or having the guts to say it.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Iec- I'm pretty sure Deity is town. If you all want to make him an example for preventing retardation I can handle that but I'm not giving up a chance to lynch a legitimately scummy player with him in the process.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”