Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:The amount of people who don't read their Role-PMs or the rules carefully makes me a Sad Panda ... er BTVS doesn't have Pandas ... make that a Sad something or other ....

Sad Kitty Fantástico...
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

VOTE: JasonT For not beginning his confirm post with T....and 1 is not a letter.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

And what are these cliquey Scooby Gangs about? :(
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Ooooh, good point. I'm playing with the big boys...and girls. :)
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

MissJJ wrote:And what are these cliquey Scooby Gangs about?

Scum-dar Minor ping …

What pings you about this?

jasonT1981 wrote:Angel is better :D

Bad taste? Yes...but not a scum read. :P

Acronach wrote:
Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Toast
Jason & MJJ are his scumbuddies.

you know this how?

Good question. Care to answer it?

Llamarble wrote:Jason is Angelus and fakeclaimed Angel in 58.

Which is it? Is he Angelus or did he fakeclaim?

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

The answer has to be a lie. And a truthfully claiming Miller would have no reason to invent a convoluted reason why he didn't claim in his first post when he could just say "Oops, forgot". That's a much more believale response.

I feel Toasty Toast's explanation is believable. I don't see his answer as convoluted - if he has said "oops, forget" that would seem more unbelievable to me. Who's going to forget to claim? It's much more believable that he would be waiting for a reply from the mod.

Llamarble wrote:Eh, I don't think scum claim miller that often. Too much risk of a vig or a rolebased lynch. And spikemiller means if Angel's in play he's probably Angeluscum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jason

Why would Angel be scum? Especially if Spike's not scum? Angelus and Spike were both evil in season 2 but then Angel got his soul back (again) and during the time Spike was chipped, and helping the Scoobies, Angelus was definitely not evil.

Nothing you are saying is adding up to me.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Llama
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

As for my comments about the alliance thing. My take is that several of these players know each other, have played together, and were playing around. Now, if I really think there is some sort of serious alliance going on I will definitely take note and be very interested.

Saying I'm scum for that reason is either very bad scumhunting on your part or someone hoping to set someone up. I don't know you - or anyone else here - but your reasoning is caca.

Who said Angelus isn't a demon? He is. That wasn't my question to you. It was, did Jason claim to be Angel or didn't he?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MissJJ wrote:As for my comments about the alliance thing. My take is that several of these players know each other, have played together, and were playing around. Now, if I really think there is some sort of serious alliance going on I will definitely take note and be very interested.

Elaborate.

Assuming sarcasm here. I explained my reason. I could care less if you think it was elaborate or not.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Regfan wrote:I've begun watching the first season and it's suprisingly enjoyable thus far. It could do with a little bit less of the script revolving around romance though.

Get used to it. :)
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Oh, thanks. I misunderstood.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MissJJ wrote:As for my comments about the alliance thing. My take is that several of these players know each other, have played together, and were playing around. Now, if I really think there is some sort of serious alliance going on I will definitely take note and be very interested.

Elaborate.

I'm not sure how else to say this. I haven't ever seen a serious "alliance" being used in these games so I assumed you were joking. That's why I made the "cliquey" comment, because it seems like so many of you know each other and it felt like a clique to me. Still does, but that's beside the point.

From what I am reading, it seems that voting blocks or alliances are actually used? It's foreign to me. If I thought people were seriously doing this, I would want to know the motivation behind it. It would seem too obvious for the whole alliance to be scum but could possibly be a cover to hide behind for at least one or two scum.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

farside22 wrote:
Miss JJ wrote:And what are these cliquey Scooby Gangs about? :(

Anti-Buffy watcher right here ^. People who haven't watch the show make me sad.

No need for sadness. I didn't say I don't know what Scooby Gangs are.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

MissJJ wrote:From what I am reading, it seems that voting blocks or alliances are actually used? It's foreign to me. If I thought people were seriously doing this, I would want to know the motivation behind it. It would seem too obvious for the whole alliance to be scum but could possibly be a cover to hide behind for at least one or two scum.

Yes, they are used from time to time. The premise of the block works as such – you gather a group of people you think you will be able to work harmoniously with. The group discusses issues and votes as a group.

The Town advantage to doing this is as such –

1. If all members are Town you have a group dynamic in place that is very beneficial to covering blind-spots and preventing Tunneling or other negative Town behaviors.
2. If a member is Scum they are forced to work with multiple Townies and keep their votes in line. It handcuffs Scum in the group.

The only time I’ve seen it explode is when a three person group was formed with two scum.

--

Ah, okay. Well, it makes sense I just didn't know it existed before. The site I generally play on is very different from this one.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Locke wrote:MoI, what do you think of Farside not actually having a scum read on me?

strikes me as not quite right. Ostensibly it is a catch-up post that establishes her reads. Makes sense since the thread is only 120 posts long when she makes hers. But let’s examine the elements of the post –

1. Fluff indicating sadness that MissJJ isn’t a Buffy watcher. First it serves no scum-hunting purpose. Second MissJJ clearly is with her “Kitty Fantastico” reference to me earlier.

Not to mention my #90 post referencing Angel and Spike.

I tend to agree it seems Farside is either not reading or picking and choosing what to comment on.

I also think Acro and Edmond look suspicious for their Toasty votes and opinions. Acro also somewhat on gut, Edmund for jumping on Toasty and then off when it seemed unpopular and also because of his possible sheeping on my vote with Llama's "quicklynchallthescum" as his reason.

LLama's reasons for voting Jason make more sense to me now (as do others) if I remove the "Angelus fake claim" reason and Jason needs to post way more. Not liking his responses or lack thereof. I was recently observing one of his games that a friend of mine was in and I was
so
sure Jason was scum, but it turned out he wasn't. It's tempering my view on him, because I think he played scummy as town, but I do think a Jason wagon could be best at this point. Especially with the lack of content.

Edited since I started this a couple of hours ago and now I see Jason's claim.

First of all, it's suspicious because he could've said more to defend himself. However, just in case he's telling the truth and he's really the rolecop, I don't like having him at L-1 at this moment. There's still much more time in this round and I think the possibility of losing him when he could be telling the truth is worth discussing.

Would Angel be the cop? I would be much more inclined to believe Buffy is the cop since she has the badass slayer powers. Or even Giles since he's the watcher and always into his books investigating demons.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Why don't you tell us? Then you can keep your fake cookie.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Miss JJ »

The first half of my post was earlier in the morning and I got interrupted so I didn't finish. I originally voted Jason in my post but then when I refreshed to finish and saw his claim and that he was at L-1 I didn't vote.

My vote is still on Llama, which I was contemplating removing but I didn't want to remove it before I decided who to vote for.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Dekes wrote:

Obviously support the jason lynch. Am not fond of Llamarble and Miss JJ. MoI, what isn't scummy in her #133? From following other peoples' supsicion rather blindly to a horrible wishy-washy stance on jason to blatant role fishing as if she expects a cc to come out any second, you have the whole repertoire of rookie mistakes.

I stated who I suspect. If I agree with other people, then sobeit. Sorry you think my stance on Jason is wishy washy, but that's how I see it. And, it still seems he would be the best lynch. Especially since he has done nothing to defend except to make a fishy claim. I still can’t point to him – or anyone and say OMG that is scum! Not yet. And I don’t think anyone else can, either. Unless they know who really
is
scum. And that probably isn't going to happen, now is it?

Obviously you agree with others’ suspicions of Jason. You haven’t come up with anything new that hasn’t been pointed out yet
I’m
scum for agreeing with others?

And as far as role-fishing, are you serious? How is that role-fishing? I was in no way thinking someone would come out with a role. That would be ridiculous. I was, and still am, questioning that an Angel role would be a cop. I doubt anyone in this game would claim a cop role because of that. :roll:

Anyway, if you think I'm scummy, vote me. Why vote Toasty? Your points on him have already been answered for me and I think your vote on him makes no sense. Aesthetic vote? Okay… Enjoy the cookie.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@MOD – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EST until Monday for my usual weekend family duties. I may have time to post but my access with at best be erratic and is not predictable.

General Thoughts
– Jason’s Angel as Cop fake-claim more or less assures me that Angel isn’t in the game so any Llama as Lynch gut twinges I had I’ve completely dismissed for good.

--

For those who wanted to claim the Cookie I offered at 135 what was absolutely scummy about MissJJ’s 133 were as follows –

1. Fence sitting on Jason. Read everything after the part regarding Acro and Edmund being scummy. She says all of the following about Jason

A. She understands why Llama and others are voting for him. (Agree with Lynch)
B. He plays scummy as Town, but I do think a Jason wagon could be best. (Disagree but Agree with Lynch.)
C. His claim is premature and he could have done more to defend himself. (Agree with Lynch)
D. I don’t like him at L-1 in case he’s telling the truth. (Testing the waters to see if claim has legs to prevent lynch, Disagree with Lynch)

This is a massive fence sitting position, IMO.

2. The last part (which several people commented on) looks very much like Role-Fishing via prompting a Counterclaim.

Yep, I absolutely was fence-sitting about Jason. I found both reasons for and against the lynch and I was giving those reasons. If anyone was absolutely sure he was scum then they have to be scum. No, I didn't want him hammered before he had a chance to defend himself. Why would anyone want that? And no, I was not role-fishing. This is a Buffy-themed game, so I really don't think talking about the characters in the game constitutes role-fishing. I was openly speculating on whether his claim was believable. This is what we're supposed to do here, right? Try to decide if people are lying? I don't see the issue since everyone here should know the characters. It would be stupid of someone to counter-claim at this point in the game and I was in no way trying to promote that.

I'm here to look for scum and that's what I'm trying to do. I'd be more concerned about people who are blindly following lynches or people who just post "he is scum" or "let's lynch him" without anything else to back it up. If you see me as scummy then you really should lynch me. It seems like you want to set off alarm bells about my post but don't really believe I'm scum. If you did, you'd vote me.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Okay so we are waiting for Acronach to claim or just posting? Flavor or just demon/non-demon? I will check back before going to bed but then won't be able to post again until tomorrow night.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

I'm Cordelia Chase, VT, part of the Scooby Gang but only because it's easier to join them so they'll let me get back to what I really care about - which is being beautiful and popular.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Ethos wrote:
We discussed it last night and we want our bigger suspects to name and role claim before we progress into the day, this means we want
Locke
, Acronach and Looker to claim in their next posts.

Locke is next.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Good job town! Well, I really have to say good job Ethos - the two of you. You had your reads pretty much down....there really wasn't much for anyone else to do, lol. I do understand what looked scummy about my post but either way town won so it turned out well. I was a little lost with the open set-up I guess and still being pretty new to the site. Thanks for the game, smargaret!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”