Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

MoI, what do you think of Farside not actually having a scum read on me?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:01 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@MOD - I'll be V/LA from 3pm EST today until Wednesday for an actual vacation. I will have likely only have very limited phone access until then.

--

@Dekes
– Where the hell are you? Get in here and let Locke and I know if you are willing to join a three-way voting block. And then provide some content, stat!

--

farside wrote:Duh. Doesn't mean I trust you. Besides if you are town voting you and getting you to open up is like a gift. I get great results and find scum better.

Um, whut? You voting me isn’t going to change my play one iota, especially when it is a fluff RVS vote.

--

Locke wrote:MoI, what do you think of Farside not actually having a scum read on me?

I don’t know what to make of farside currently. Gut says possibly scum. I understand you guys have a history where she always suspects you. American Gods Mafia would I think reinforce that (and she references this herself in her first post) since she didn’t suspect you there and you were scum.

Yet she gives you a Null read while stating you have a lack of content. That doesn't seem to connect logically to me.

strikes me as not quite right. Ostensibly it is a catch-up post that establishes her reads. Makes sense since the thread is only 120 posts long when she makes hers. But let’s examine the elements of the post –

1. Fluff indicating sadness that MissJJ isn’t a Buffy watcher. First it serves no scum-hunting purpose. Second MissJJ clearly is with her “Kitty Fantastico” reference to me earlier.
2. Response to me on not joining the voting block – reasonable in a catch-up.
3. Questions Jason’s post about LLD being soulless. Mutliple people have already gone this route and Jason has responded to some degree. An actual Town catch-up I would think would reference the later interactions.
4. Questions Llama on some issues that have been covered to varying degrees later in thread. Again, I would think we would see more comments about later actions.
5. Clarifies the whole Toasty issue when I’ve already come to said conclusion in thread. Why keep it in as it is completely superfluous at this stage?
6. Question to Edmund that is similar to other thoughts but still unanswered by Edmund. Solid scum-hunting and up to date, IMO.
7. Town / scum list – I don’t like it from the standpoint that it is ostensibly an up to date suspicions list but significant posts she highlight (shown above) were out of date material.

Your thoughts Locke?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 am

Post by smargaret »

Votecount 1.3
Lady Lambdadelta - 1 jasonT1981
edmund.angles - 0
MagnaofIllusion - 0
Locke Lamora - 0
jasonT1981 - 5 Lady Lambdadelta, Llamarble, MagnaofIllusion, Locke Lamora, farside22
Dekes - 0
Llamarble - 3 Miss JJ, edmund.angles, Regfan
Acronach - 2 ToastyToast, iamausername,
ToastyToast - 1 Acronach
Miss JJ - 0
farside22 - 0
iamausername - 0
Regfan - 0

Not Voting: Dekes

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

MoI is v/la until Wednesday, June 8.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Acronach wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Acron wrote:@MoI you're still using the voting block outside of RVS? That's not scummy... not scummy at all [/sarcasm]

Explain in detail why it is scummy. I’d like to know.

first of all: 3-4 people, just about the right size of a maf team. if it was a maf team, it would be a good excuse to wagon on someone without seeming scummy. the only downside is that if it was a maf team, it would be too easy to lynch them all, which leads me to believe that 1 of the maf might've stayed out just in case.
overall, a lot of scum motivation here.

Why aren't you even acknowledging the suspicion on you at all? I'm waiting for reasons/defense and not getting a thing. I'm not getting any legit scumhunting from you either.

@Dekes: Where are you? I'm used to a higher activity level
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I really don't see how I can be accused of fence sitting when I actually made a vote and took a stance, thats pretty weak i say, but anyway, its L-2 and I am off for the weekend (will try n check in as much as possible) But yes, I am Angel... I am the town rolecop.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 am

Post by ToastyToast »

do you have any mention of "demonic" in your role PM?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Regfan »

I don't buy the claim at all for multiple reasons. Given how the day phase has only been a few days with multiple players not having checked in I see no reason for him to claim if he were indeed a town pr, especially one as powerful as a rolecop which is rendered useless in the open in most cases. The claim seems like a deseperate attempt to pull the wagon apart and the lack of flavour included in the claim when there's undoubtly flavour involved in a role-cops PM reads as offsetting. From what I've seen of Buffy so far Angel is far from any sort of cop or investigative role and from Toastys Spike-Demon claim I'm guessing the character and role share a strong link.

Town:
Toasty, MoI, LLD, Acronach, Miss JJ.
Null:
Locke, Dekes, Llarmarble, Farside, Iamusername.
Scum:
Jason, Edmund.angles.'

Vote: Jason

L-1.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:07 am

jasonT1981 wrote:I really don't see how I can be accused of fence sitting when I actually made a vote and took a stance, thats pretty weak i say, but anyway, its L-2 and I am off for the weekend (will try n check in as much as possible) But yes, I am Angel... I am the town rolecop.

Town Rolecop.

In a game with a claimed Miller.

I need to mull what sort of devious GM Smarg would be.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Locke wrote:MoI, what do you think of Farside not actually having a scum read on me?

strikes me as not quite right. Ostensibly it is a catch-up post that establishes her reads. Makes sense since the thread is only 120 posts long when she makes hers. But let’s examine the elements of the post –

1. Fluff indicating sadness that MissJJ isn’t a Buffy watcher. First it serves no scum-hunting purpose. Second MissJJ clearly is with her “Kitty Fantastico” reference to me earlier.

Not to mention my #90 post referencing Angel and Spike.

I tend to agree it seems Farside is either not reading or picking and choosing what to comment on.

I also think Acro and Edmond look suspicious for their Toasty votes and opinions. Acro also somewhat on gut, Edmund for jumping on Toasty and then off when it seemed unpopular and also because of his possible sheeping on my vote with Llama's "quicklynchallthescum" as his reason.

LLama's reasons for voting Jason make more sense to me now (as do others) if I remove the "Angelus fake claim" reason and Jason needs to post way more. Not liking his responses or lack thereof. I was recently observing one of his games that a friend of mine was in and I was
so
sure Jason was scum, but it turned out he wasn't. It's tempering my view on him, because I think he played scummy as town, but I do think a Jason wagon could be best at this point. Especially with the lack of content.

Edited since I started this a couple of hours ago and now I see Jason's claim.

First of all, it's suspicious because he could've said more to defend himself. However, just in case he's telling the truth and he's really the rolecop, I don't like having him at L-1 at this moment. There's still much more time in this round and I think the possibility of losing him when he could be telling the truth is worth discussing.

Would Angel be the cop? I would be much more inclined to believe Buffy is the cop since she has the badass slayer powers. Or even Giles since he's the watcher and always into his books investigating demons.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:57 am

Post by ToastyToast »

^^Thats why I want to see the flavor connection/if it says anything about "demonic"

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 am

The first person who can tell me what about 133 stinks of scum earns an imaginary cookie.

Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Why don't you tell us? Then you can keep your fake cookie.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 am

Post by edmund.angles »

Elaboration on my reasons for voting Toasty:
I was saying I did not find his claim badly timed, a null tell.
The
only
thing I found scummy about Toasty was him throwing out the idea of a lyncher right at the moment of his claim, possibly to throw suspicion on anyone who would advocate his lynch.
But the additional reason was that he is a claimed miller-that is basically two reasons 'claimed' and 'miller'.
I didn't feel very passionately about his lynch so moved on.

@MOI about the me contradicting him on vampires being demonic and in his opinion focusing on something irrelevant:
You asked if anyone would contradict you.
I did feel like contradicting you, because I you cast suspicion on the use of the word "demonic" which I think is wrong. No doubt vampires are demonic. As far as I understand it only a handful of demons in the show are really DEMONS (the mayor, as one). Other players might take your word for it and take it as a scum tell even if you did not.
I gave my own account on what I thought of the claim so I did not focus on this contradiction.

@LLMarble:
LLMarble wrote:Threat of quicklynch produces Real Pressure (tm).

You can keep your brand of pressure, feels generic to me. Genuine Pressure (tm) comes from actually making a case why someone is scummy. Advocating quicklynch could end up with an actual quick-lynch with a VI on the trigger.

@Jason: Why on earth did you claim so early, shouldn't you protect your PM a bit? - especially since your a PR.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

Post by edmund.angles »

EBWOP: ...claim to be a PR.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Regfan »

I'll take the free cookie though I don't get that strong scum vibes fromt he post, what I believe you're looking at is that Miss JJ states that her view of his play is being tempered with due to previous play however doesn't state this until after she has already voted. She then moves on to state hesitation over him being at L-1 without removing her vote to take him of it.

I was contemplating unvoting Jason however the more I think about it the more a rolecop sounds like a mafia PR, there's close to no benefits to have a town-role cop in a setup especially a themed one such as this however there are the obvious scum advantages for it.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Regfan »

Sigh, just realized I've read the vote-count incorrectly this is what happens when I stay up all night doing university assignments, ignore the stupidity in my previous post.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Miss JJ »

The first half of my post was earlier in the morning and I got interrupted so I didn't finish. I originally voted Jason in my post but then when I refreshed to finish and saw his claim and that he was at L-1 I didn't vote.

My vote is still on Llama, which I was contemplating removing but I didn't want to remove it before I decided who to vote for.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Acronach »

v;la till monday. gonna be a busy weekend
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Dekes »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Locke, farside and Dekes
- Willing to form an in-game Scooby Gang with me?

Tentative hell yes!

However, I don't think, I've ever seen you do it, MoI. Any reason why you started now?

Boy, do people love their RVS. How do so many people ignore the very un-RVSish Moi-Lady L debate only to cram their RVS vote in? Out of those two, Lllamarble comes out worse. His attack on Lady L is bad, even for page 2. The fact that he backs off immediately doesn't help his case either.

LL is the first one to get serious again. Singling out Toasty is strange, but it's too late to ask him about it anyway and it helped generated discussion, so I can that point.

Good call on jason's 58. The whole post looks too constructed.

ToastyToast wrote:The thought has crossed my mind that there may be a lyncher, but fine. I'm Spike

This is such an arbitrary fear, I'm baffled.

a) Do you have any previous experience with lynchers?
b) Why do you think Spike would be the most plausible lynchee?
c) Why in god's name would a miller be a lynchee? That punishes the role whether you claim it or not.

Though I admit, that I treat the Demonic Townie bit as null. I can see why a mod would choose demonic townie over vampiric townie. The former definitely has a more milleresque ring to it. The rest of the claim is still horrible. But greyish people get vigs on them or get disposed of before LyLo scenarios.

Llamarble stretches it way much on several occasions (though it turns out he was right about Jason claiming Angel and Jason probably being scum). Still, the theory from jason claiming Angel to "if Spike is miller, then Angel is in the game and scum" is a far fetched theory.
ToastyToast wrote:Also, tell me, does someone who KNOWS WHO SCUM IS vote hop to 5 different people in a span of 9 posts, all with little or no explanation?

My top 3 scum reads right now are Acronach,
Llamarble
, Jason.

How come you defend somebody's playstyle and imply it's probably not scum to call him one of your scum reads at the end? Add to the list the weakest link here and the other popular target besides you.
Toasty is definitely not town.
Llamarble wrote:Meh if I drew a lyncher in a theme game I think I would just claim 1shotdaycop at some point with a guilty on the guy I was supposed to lynch.

Haha, classic :D

Starting to skim a bit now. Surprisingly solid reads for page 5, though they seem too be a bit off from LL and MoI's reads. Look through Acro's games, guys. He is the classic easy lynch. Not saying he can't be scum, but it's just one of those scummy newb playstyles where you scratch your head a lot. If he's scum, he'll out himself soon enough, see [Redacted].

Going through jason's ISO, there really is only the craptastic attack on Lady L. Before we string him up, can we hear some suspects from him? Also, is there any flavor to your role, jason?

For aesthetic purposes:
Vote: Toasty

Obviously support the jason lynch. Am not fond of Llamarble and Miss JJ. MoI, what isn't scummy in her #133? From following other peoples' supsicion rather blindly to a horrible wishy-washy stance on jason to blatant role fishing as if she expects a cc to come out any second, you have the whole repertoire of rookie mistakes.
Need more from farside, and way more from iamusername.

Edmund, do you think jason's - in your eyes - premature claim makes it more or less believable? What do you think of jason's play in general? While you have commented on people commenting on jason, you haven't addressed his play directly so far.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

MOI: In regards to my last post. Lets just say someone gave me a brownie that was laced that night and I'm going to have to reread.

MOI wrote:Um, whut? You voting me isn’t going to change my play one iota, especially when it is a fluff RVS vote.

Note to get back to this in a bit.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Dekes wrote:

Obviously support the jason lynch. Am not fond of Llamarble and Miss JJ. MoI, what isn't scummy in her #133? From following other peoples' supsicion rather blindly to a horrible wishy-washy stance on jason to blatant role fishing as if she expects a cc to come out any second, you have the whole repertoire of rookie mistakes.

I stated who I suspect. If I agree with other people, then sobeit. Sorry you think my stance on Jason is wishy washy, but that's how I see it. And, it still seems he would be the best lynch. Especially since he has done nothing to defend except to make a fishy claim. I still can’t point to him – or anyone and say OMG that is scum! Not yet. And I don’t think anyone else can, either. Unless they know who really
is
scum. And that probably isn't going to happen, now is it?

Obviously you agree with others’ suspicions of Jason. You haven’t come up with anything new that hasn’t been pointed out yet
I’m
scum for agreeing with others?

And as far as role-fishing, are you serious? How is that role-fishing? I was in no way thinking someone would come out with a role. That would be ridiculous. I was, and still am, questioning that an Angel role would be a cop. I doubt anyone in this game would claim a cop role because of that. :roll:

Anyway, if you think I'm scummy, vote me. Why vote Toasty? Your points on him have already been answered for me and I think your vote on him makes no sense. Aesthetic vote? Okay… Enjoy the cookie.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Dekes »

There's a difference between being unsure and completely leave every angle open. You say he is scummy for his responses, you say he is scummy for the lack of his responses. You think he's scummy, but you've seen a game where you were sure he was scum, but he wasn't. You doubt his claim, because it's fishy and badly presented but he could be telling the truth. You see the pattern? While all of this is correct, it's not a clear stance what you believe and you you can argue either side once jason has flipped.

You openly theorized that Buffy or Giles would be better suited for a cop role. Again, that has nothing to do with wether you believe jason's claim or not. If someone were to cc though, the responisbility for that decision is taken away from you. So, do you believe jason is scum based on his play and his claim? Yes, or no? You don't have to be correct, but you have to have an opinion.

What has my vote to do with my view on you? But the distraction is noted. It is very likely that jason will be lynched today, and rightfully so. Since I don't want to lynch him right now, I voted for my second highest suspect, because I don't like idle votes.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Allow me to guarantee something for you.

This game does not follow conventional Buffy flavor. Role speculation based upon flavor knowledge WILL GET YOU NOTHING.

I'm saying this in RED.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Dekes wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:
The thought has crossed my mind that there may be a lyncher, but fine. I'm Spike
This is such an arbitrary fear, I'm baffled.

a) Do you have any previous experience with lynchers?
Yes

b) Why do you think Spike would be the most plausible lynchee?
Role flavor. Says I'm not trusted, and my obsession with Buffy doesn't help matters. I mentioned the lyncher as an alternative explanation for the "demonic" thing. Seems plausible that in a show with demons, vampires, and other creatures of the night, that someone would be taking the "vampire hunter" to a new level.

c) Why in god's name would a miller be a lynchee? That punishes the role whether you claim it or not.
Again, I was considering alternate possibilities based on the fact that smargaret could only tell me that I was demon alligned with town when I asked her for role clarification. All things point to a miller, but my rolepm does not explicitly SAY miller.

Dekes wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:
Also, tell me, does someone who KNOWS WHO SCUM IS vote hop to 5 different people in a span of 9 posts, all with little or no explanation?
My top 3 scum reads right now are Acronach, Llamarble, Jason.

How come you defend somebody's playstyle and imply it's probably not scum to call him one of your scum reads at the end? Add to the list the weakest link here and the other popular target besides you.
Toasty is definitely not town.

*facepalm* This isn't a defense, its an attack. For someone who seems so sure about his scumreads, Llamarble has been awfully wishy-washy. That amount of votes over the span of just a few pages is unordinary and worth pointing out. Idk where your getting this defending thing from.

LLD wrote:This game does not follow conventional Buffy flavor. Role speculation based upon flavor knowledge WILL GET YOU NOTHING.

This is true. I don't want to try to outguess the mod. But I DO still want to know if there is any mention of being a "demon alligned with town" in his role PM. Jasons lack of a response is just confirming my scumread on him. Its not likely that there would be two millers, and with this in mind, Angel being another vampire, but without having the whole "demonic" thing is very fishy.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by iamausername »

Llamarble wrote:
I've always wanted to be in a quicklynchallthescum game.

Alright chumps, let's do this.

LEEEEEEROY JENKINS!

Unvote

VOTE: jason
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”