Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Maxous »

Duel in progress

With AGM's death I think we can safely assume, there are indeed 3 anti-town factions then..we have flipped two.

Anyway onto to present matters.. T-Bone is the following you're only reason why Iecerint is mafia?
T-Bone wrote: Iece is hiding behind his flavor knowledge and overall not contributing much but continued flavor speculation. How does that help us scum hunt?

Ludi - 1086 wrote: Does confirming these abilities confirm them as town?

Nope, neither does.
Although Iecerint's passive ability would be unfair to have as mafia.. it would'nt confirm him but it would be pretty damn close.
Last edited by SpyreX on Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Maxous »

Oh and DUM reminded me.

Next time Vi kills without a claim - lynch her
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Vi »

Katsuki 1074... Affirming previous post.

SpyreX 1076... Querying why elvis_knits is still alive. Query to be pursued after {duel, extermination of T-Bone}.

Magister Ludi 1079
et al
... Posts {1079, 1081, 1083, 1084, 1086} take on entirely new meaning if Magister Ludi is scum, particularly with T-Bone.

T-Bone 1081... Entire post deemed one giant contradiction.
*"Why should I duel?" followed by "Duel: Iecerint"
*Affirmation of Gammagooey as Serial Killer despite improbability given AlmasterGM's information AND dubious likelihood of GG blocking over killing(?).
*Choice of second worst target of stated scum reads {Ludi, C-worl, DUM, Iece, Gamma} to duel

System... Punishment necessary for immediate duel. Previous immediate duelist was scum; present one probably is as well. Benefits given to T-Bone for winning duel not pro-Town in subject's hands.

Iecerint 1085... Interest raised at abilities. Whimsical temptation to vote for no winner for sake of duelless Day. Superior alternative to let Iecerint lose and vengekill T-Bone.
Question remains as to whether Iecerint is death preference.
Correction. IF Iecerint loss does not end Day AND Iecerint loss does not imply Iecerint death, THEN previously outlined plan optimal. IF Iecerint has better ideas for who to vengekill, THEN ideas should be stated immediately.

Drunken Unicorn Master 1092 and Maxous 1101... Pattern recognition algorithm active. Likelihood of both of these statements coming from Town
low
unfortunately not as low as desired. Implicit denial that previously exterminated subjects were scummy detected; defense of this requested from {Maxous, Drunken Unicorn Master}. Rationale for claim by Drunken Unicorn Master questionable; claim no better than vanilla and came upon mere threat
by someone else
of extermination. Gammagooey not authorized to make binding orders to ViBot.

Magister Ludi 1094... Reads as a scum post.

Katsuki 1097... Reads as a scum post.

RayFrost 1098... Reads as a scum post.

Maxous 1100... Querying reason for saying first part of post.

Playback.
T-Bone 1081 wrote:C-Worl and DUM? Troublemakers and absolutely useless to the game. Flying under the radar. We've been killing the high profile players off who all turn out to be town. My conclusion? The contentless players are some of the actual scum. (not all of them obviously because
the rest of
us
have posted content
)
Choice of pronouns suspect; choice of making statement in parentheses at all suspect as well. Possibility exists for this NOT to be a slip; however, choice of people "flying under radar" limited (i.e. Iecerint by T-Bone's thoughts; also, Drunken Unicorn Master not lowest content poster in game but close). Description of players exterminated by Town also flawed, but request already made to {Maxous, Drunken Unicorn Master} to defend flawed statement.

Querying existence of exactly one killing faction...? IF so, THEN approximately four members remain. Gap of five Town deaths thus exists before loss.

System... "*jingle* A friendly reminder from your neighborhood friendly killing machine. IF YOU ARE TOWN, YOU MUST ACT TOWN. IF YOU ARE KILLED BY TOWN BY ANY MEANS IT'S PROBABLY YOUR OWN FAULT. Thank you in advance!~ *jingle*"

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Maxous »

Okay I've been thinking about this duel (dangerous I know :p)

T-Bone knew Gamma was going to declare a duel on him.. Gamma's ability would allow another lynch during the day.
So the optimal mafia move? Declare a duel yourself and don't allow 2 duels during the day. Because T-Bone was going to die anyway. This greatly increases my confidence of T-Bone being mafia. Either way he should be lynched.

Now.. does T-Bone declare a duel on town or his mafia buddy? There are pros and cons to each option.
However Iecerint was'nt under that much suspicion.. which leads me to beleive it might be plausible that Iecerint is his buddy.

Now, Iecerint claims he will not die upon losing the duel and the day will become dueless
unless
he wins. This threat makes little sense as the day will end anyway.
His duel ability is a vengenance kill which will allow Iecerint not to be night killed by mafia and we won't even question why.
In short they are plausible fake claims for a mafia to make.

The best option is the following

Vote: No winner

=> Likely mafia T-Bone is lynched
=> We test the fake-claim sounding ability of Iecerint. At best he is a modified beloved prince in which it would be useful to get rid of that con now anyway.
=> If Iecerint is legit he has nothing to fear here.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Maxous »

Vi - 1103 wrote: Implicit denial that previously exterminated subjects were scummy detected

I did not think GreyICE was all that scummy. Neither did most of the town.
I was suspicious of Red Coyote but most of the town was'nt.
You are acting here as if you killed according to town consensus.

I am asking you to get a claim off the target before you kill them in case they are provable or useful town. Getting a claim first is not a complicated ordeal.
And I enjoyed how questioning your killing behaviour has a low chance of coming from town. Pull the other one.

As for post #1100 - I was simply pointing out that it is now confirmed that 3 anti-town factions and so only have one left (which is likely to be the mafia).
I don't think Red Coyote was mafia.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

i haven't read anything yet except think that I should claim my targets.

I protected vi and iecerint.

choices were confirmed, i didn't get a blocked message, so i assume everything worked.

be back in a bit to read...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

WTF T-BONE NEEDS TO DIE.

DIdn't we just talk about this?

Anybody who duels without discussion and majority consent dies.

I haven't looked at the Iece abilities to understand this tricksy stuff about proving him town or whatever. I could go for that if there's no chance of killing iecerint. Whatever happens I want T-Bone dead and Iecerint alive. If there's a way to prove iecerint's role also, I'll do that too.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ALSO: please don't end the duel before people even check in here.

SCUM are prob hoping to end the day without town getting their choices in.
Talk nerdy to me.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: Iec

Not sure if this is the right move, but it's the best bet I guess.

Targets, elvis?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Maxous »

For anybody who is going to vote for Iecerint to win anyway - I explained why it is better to vote for no winner....

Unless somebody wants to point out a flaw?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Amrun wrote:Targets, elvis?

Vi and Iec

(said above, but posting again for clarity)
Talk nerdy to me.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Iecerint »

Vi wrote:Iecerint 1085... Interest raised at abilities. Whimsical temptation to vote for no winner for sake of duelless Day. Superior alternative to let Iecerint lose and vengekill T-Bone. Question remains as to whether Iecerint is death preference. Correction. IF Iecerint loss does not end Day AND Iecerint loss does not imply Iecerint death, THEN previously outlined plan optimal. IF Iecerint has better ideas for who to vengekill, THEN ideas should be stated immediately.

Your post-correction explanation is correct. However, I don't get a vengekill unless I win a duel (or you vig-kill T-Bone, but that's a waste), so if I lose, I won't be able to vengekill T-Bone. The only way I can vengekill is if I won a duel in the past. Unless I am misunderstanding your idea.

As such, T-Bone'll almost certainly be dead by the time I can vengekill. Right now I think I'd use my ability on DUM or C-Worl given that T-Bone is out of the picture by that time (i.e. either because I beat him in a duel or he is lynched normally subsequent to a different outcome).

Re: Max's idea -- Lynching T-Bone normally is OK with me, if suboptimal from my PoV. Vengekills are fun. :P

I suppose I should clarify how my vengekill works, since it looks like Max might misunderstand. It's not that I'm a PGO-y vengekiller who kills my hammerer or kills my killer. Rather, after I die, I submit a person to kill to the Mod. So scum have no more to fear from killing me than they do from any other vig (except that my kill can be postponed by keeping me alive).

My inclination is that you should support me to win (AFTER Vi does her thing) if you think I'm town, and you should choose something else if you're wary of me.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Amrun »

Oops, nvm. Sorry elvis.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay so I intend to vote Iec to win.

However I want to give a chance for everyone to post before we roll through this.

MOAR CONTENT PLEASE from these people:
C-Worl
DUM
Magister
Katsuki
RayFrost

LURKERMODE IS NOT OKAY.

It is absolutely important for those people to post more so we get better reads on them. If they don't try after being warned, I will take it as a bad sign.
Talk nerdy to me.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Katsuki »

Welcome to my play.

But in all seriousness, I do not have the time for catching up for the next while, due to finals.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Eh. I'm more than a little worried about the vengekill being real but Iec being scum, in which case he'd just shoot Vi in the face upon death.
If we want to kill them both I think the best way is to vote no winner, have Vi kill one after the duel ends, and lynch the other.
Vote: No winner
Drunken Unicorn Master
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Drunken Unicorn Master »

Drunken Unicorn Master wrote:
Vote: T-Bone to win

If Iec is telling the truth, then no one should die.

And before Vi tries to shoot me without a claim...

I am
Zhang Liao of the Five Generals of Wei

My only ability is a duel type. I investigate a player and I'm told if they are a threat to Wei.

RC here. I approve the vote for
T-Bone to win

Vi needs to be held accountable and/or needs to die.

Didn't want to claim yet, but what's done is done.
Expect massive differences in our posting styles, but just in case it's not clear: We are SO town. :)
Drunken Unicorn Master
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Drunken Unicorn Master
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Drunken Unicorn Master »

RayFrost and Vi are for death, btw.
Expect massive differences in our posting styles, but just in case it's not clear: We are SO town. :)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Amrun »

TBone to win wtf?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Katsuki wrote:Welcome to my play.

But in all seriousness, I do not have the time for catching up for the next while, due to finals.

If you can't reread, just try to read along and make as many comments as possible.

Or do something awesome.
Talk nerdy to me.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh hay elvis who'd you protect last night.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Magister Ludi wrote:Actually, T-Bones last post was very town sounding. Shit.

Nominate Magister for extermination.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Gammagooey wrote:Oh hay elvis who'd you protect last night.

Vi and Iec
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Gamma who'd you block?
Talk nerdy to me.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Gammagooey wrote:
Blocked T-Bone last night.

Why Ice though, there was not a single chance of him dying last night with multiple other empowered/obvtowns around.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”