Mini 1183: Mafiamatical Mathia - Game over!

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1183: Mafiamatical Mathia - Game over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

"EUREKA!" you hear somebody shrieking in an ecstatic voice from the laboratory next door. "I'VE DONE IT! IT'S FINISHED! I'VE PROVED IT!"

You all rush to the laboratory. There, awaiting you with an exhausted but excited face is Professor Alan Gebra, head of your mathematical research team. Old and decrepid physically, yet in his exhiliration he has taken on a youthful spirit. His white whispy hair quivers with excitement, as he clutches with trembling hands some sheets of A4 lined paper. His shirt and lab coat are soaked with sweat.

He stares at you all with a glazed over look in his eyes, the feeling of anticipation building in the room. "THIS IS THE MOMENT WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS FOR OVER THREE DECADES!" he yells hysterically. "AND I HOLD IT IN MY HANDS, THE PINACCLE OF MY CAREER! THE PROOF TO THE RIEMANN HYPOTHESIS!"

Some of you break down in tears of joy, others of you rush to smother the professor with hugs. Screams of joy echo through the room. You, the professor's research team, have been through thick and thin with him, ups and downs, and all in a quest to prove a hypothesis. But this isn't just any hypothesis; this is the Riemann Hypothesis, a problem plaguing mathematicians for over 150 years.

But somewhere in the room there is a pang of regret. Ultimately, you're just the professor's research team. Expendable. Disposable. Irrelevant. Professor Alan Gebra will be the one who scoops the plaudits, while you're left to while the rest of your days away on the Internet (playing Mafia, no doubt).

Yet as you all retire to bed, there is an overriding sense of triumph and achievement.

Perhaps foolishly so.

For as you lie snuggly tucked up in your bed, Professor Gebra tosses and turns in his sleep. His mind is restless; there's something he's forgotten. Mentally he goes over his proof. He's checked it, double-checked it, triple-checked it...

He sits up in alarm as he hears movement outside his door.
His door!
In his excitement, he didn't lock it! The movement draws nearer. The proof, they're after his proof! As his door swings open and the light from outside floods in, he grabs the proof off his bedside desk and grasps it to his chest like a mother protecting her baby, scrambling as far away from the door as he can within the confines of his room. He squints as a shadowy blob enters the room. One person? Two? Three? More? He can't tell - his glasses are lying on his bedside desk.

Laughter fills the room, and a blur of sounds swim around the professor's ears. "You won't be needing that proof where you're going, old man."

The shadows envelope him, and as the professor slumps to the floor, lifeless, his grip on his proof, his life's work, is relinquished, and it flutters to the floor peacefully, as if unaware of the atrocities just committed.

Professor Al Gebra,
Vanilla Townie
, killed pre-game!

The next day, there is a hushed awe as you all gather around the bloodied, vacant corpse of the professor. It's only later that one of you thinks to look for the proof - but it's gone. No trace of it remains.

But who would do such a thing?

You look around you. Your colleagues all seem to be doing the same thing, and there is a nervous shuffling of feet.

You see somebody raising their arm towards you, and they're holding a pistol! Suddenly, there's a flash of light, and a loud bang. Your arms fly instinctively to your face and you scream in terror.

You don't know how long you scream for, but at some point you realise you're still alive. You cautiously lower your arms, and look around you. You're the only one in the room. The pistol and the gunshot... were they
imaginary?
It all looked and sounded so
real

Who can you trust? They could all be killers, conspiring against you! You need to kill them first! ... No, you're just being
irrational
now. This is a
complex
issue... But now you're making mathematical puns in your head... and, as the saying goes, that's the first
sine
of madness.

Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia

Moderator: Hoppster

Players

1. theplague42
  2. Twistedspoon
  3. Kalofer
  4. Morthas
  5. Juls
  6. implosion
  7. Wickedestjr
  8. don_johnson
  9. Oopidstay

Spoiler: Alive and Dead
Alive

Juls, a
Vanilla Townie
survived and won
(Endgame)
don_johnson, a
Town Jailkeeper
survived and won
(Endgame)

Dead

Kalofer, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was
lynched Day 1
(Lynch Scene)
Wickedestjr, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 2
(Lynch Scene)
implosion, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 3
(Lynch Scene)
Oopidstay, a
Town Cop
, was
killed Night 3
(Death Scene)
theplague42, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 4
(Lynch Scene)
Twistedspoon, a
Vanilla Townie
, was
lynched Day 5
(Lynch Scene)
Morthas, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was
lynched Day 6
(Lynch Scene)

Example Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
Al Gebra
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Powers

You have no special powers, only your one vote!

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Last edited by Hoppster on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster's Ruleset mk1
written solely by me
stolen
from
neil1113
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Rhinox
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Faraday
with
some
modifications
who
stole
them
from
Hoopla
with
some
modifications
who
may
or
may
not
have
stolen
them
but
wow
I
have
too
much
spare
time.

1. Fundamental

2. The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
  3. Play to win.
  4. Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
  5. Do not quote your role PM. Do not quote from any mod-provided private QT. Both these will result in modkill and auto-loss. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things. Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
  6. Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.
  7. Voting, Lynching & Death
  8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
    Vote: Al Gebra
    . Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The VOTE: tags are also appropriate for voting.
    1. If it looks like a vote (including broken tags), I will probably count it as a vote (and fix tags if necessary). If you have any doubt, then make a double-post with the fixed tags. Mispellings or shortened names are accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you are attempting to vote, it won't count.
  9. Unvotes are
    not
    necessary before placing a new vote, but appreciated by me. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
  10. A lynch will occur when a player achieves a majority of votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch. All players alive prior to the hammer (including the player being lynched) may continue to post in the thread until I declare the lynch.
    1. Majority needed for a lynch is calculated as follows: (n/2) + 1 votes [with '(n/2)' rounded down], where
      n
      is the
      number of players alive
    2. For example, with 9 players alive it takes (4) + 1 = 5 votes to lynch [as 9/2 is rounded down].
      With 6 players alive it takes (3) + 1 = 4 votes to lynch.
  11. You may vote for a no lynch if desired. A No Lynch still requires a majority of players to vote for it. Once achieved, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
  12. Once you're dead, you are dead... however, you may make one 'bah' post of
    no more than four words
    . 'Bah' posts may only contain the following words (in any order/combination):
  13. Spoiler: The Bah Post Rule in Detail
      • Bah
      • Sorry
      • Go
      • Town
      • I
      • You
      • All
      • Suck
      • Rock
      • Avocado

1. Punctuation/capitalisation may be used as you deem appropiate. If I feel you are intentionally trying to be a prat, I may disallow it though.
    2. You are allowed to use words that can be derived from or are slight alterations of words on the list of accepted words.
    3. If in doubt, check your 'Bah' post with me via PM before posting it. Any 'Bah' posts that I deem to be unacceptable will be replaced with 'I SUCK AVOCADOS!'
    Activity & Deadlines
  14. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
  15. Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting. I will force-replace players as I feel necessary if I am having to repeatedly prod them. Players may request a prod on another player in the following format:
    Mod: Please prod <playername>
    . This is only to be done if a player has gone without posting for 48 hours and I have missed prodding them.
    1. If you do not post in-thread within 48 hours of a prod I will begin looking for a replacement. You may reclaim your spot if you return before I find a replacement.
  16. Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time (as judged by myself at the time) I will have replace you for the sake of the game.
  17. The default deadline for each game day will be 2 weeks. Nights will last 72 hours.
  18. In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
  19. Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
  20. Other Information
  21. This is my colour and font I will use for modly purposes
    . All other colours are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself and do not look similar to my paticular shade (as judged by myself), just don't post a rainbow.
  22. Any night actions will be resolved using Natural Action Resolution.
  23. I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.
    1. If there seem to be mistakes on the Vote Counts, don't hesitate to correct me. I am awesome but not infallible.
  24. It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. If I believe that you are intentionally exploiting the game in this way, you will be either force-replaced or mod-killed depending on what I judge to be the severity of the offence.
  25. I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know. (This paticular rule will not be modified.)
  26. Flavour in night/day write up's is just that; flavour. It has no bearing on and does not reflect the setup/roles/actions/choices. As such, speculation on this will be publically mocked.
  27. No cryptography.
  28. Have fun!
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Spoiler: How to Confirm
Hoppster, in a mass PM wrote:
NB:
Role PMs have
not yet
gone out.

I will start sending them shortly, however, before I do, this is how you confirm (once you recieve your Role PM).

How to confirm
  1. Read your Role PM.
  2. Go and read the rules in the thread.
  3. Choose what you think is the most important rule (other than the Fundamental rules), and paraphrase it. No wimpy "THEY'RE ALL IMPORTANT" answers. The rule you paraphrase doesn't really matter a great deal (as long as it's a reasonable choice).
  4. PM your paraphrased rule to me!

Just in case people somehow lost their PM. :roll:

All Role PMs should now be out; PM me if you did not recieve one.

However, pretty sure that should not be the case, so confirmations are a-go.

The game will not start until
everybody
has read the rules and confirmed.

Confirmed

Morthas
Twistedspoon
Kalofer
Juls
Oopidstay
theplague42
Wickedestjr
don_johnson
implosion
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

All players have confirmed: Day 1 begins now!

Day 1, Votecount 1theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 9 (theplague42, Twistedspoon, Kalofer, Morthas, Juls, implosion, Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Deadline: Wednesday June 15th at 21:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-15 16:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 2theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(Kalofer)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 3
[L - 2]
(Oopidstay, Twistedspoon, Juls)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Wickedestjr)

Time left:

Juls is V/LA Thursday-Saturday.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 3theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(Kalofer)

Twistedspoon - 2
[L - 3]
(implosion, Oopidstay)

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 2
[L - 3]
(Twistedspoon, Juls)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Wickedestjr)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 4theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 2]
(implosion, Oopidstay, Kalofer)

Kalofer - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 2
[L - 3]
(Morthas, Juls)

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 3 (theplague42, Wickedestjr, Twistedspoon)

Time left:

The vote-count has been corrected - with 2 votes, implosion was at L-3 instead of L-4 as originally put.
Last edited by Hoppster on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 5theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 2
[L - 3]
(implosion, Kalofer)

Kalofer - 1
[L - 4]
(Wickedestjr)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 3
[L - 2]
(Morthas, Juls, Twistedspoon)

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Wickedestjr is V/LA Friday-Sunday.

Twistedspoon wrote:
@Mod: does plaguey know the game has started? If not, remind him please

theplague42 has been reminded that the game has started. If 48 hours pass since the game start without him posting, he will be prodded as usual.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 6theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 2]
(implosion, Kalofer, theplague42)

Kalofer - 1
[L - 4]
(Wickedestjr)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 2
[L - 3]
(Morthas, Twistedspoon)

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 1 (Oopidstay)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 6theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 2]

Kalofer - 4
[L - 1] (Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay, Twistedspoon)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 0

Time left:

Activity is great, guys!
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 7theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 2]

Kalofer - 4
[L - 1] (Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay, Twistedspoon)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 0

Time left:

don_Johnson and Oopidstay will be prodded.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Hoppster »

A lynch has been reached!

Lynch scene incoming.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 1, Votecount 8theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 2]

Kalofer - 5
[/b]
[L - 0] (Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay, Twistedspoon, Juls)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 1
[L - 4]
(Morthas)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 0

Time left:

Kalofer has been lynched.

Vicious attacks, accusations and spittle fly around the room, as you engage in a heated debate.

Sensing this is going nowhere, the nine of you decide that the only fair way to decide who to execute first is to engage in a
pi
reciting contest! Surely the evil ones will be too obsessed with evil plottings and the such to recite
pi
to as many decimal places as you pure-minded mathematicians!

You take it in turns to recite 10 decimal places each.

"3. 1415926535..."
"...8979323846..."

"...6465436371..."

"...9290277841..."

"...1192074335..."
"...78745383
9..."

You all gasp. "No, you fool! The 999,989th digit of
pi
is 7, not 6! HANG HIM! HANG THE WITCH!"
you cry in unison.

Kalofer, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was lynched Day 1!

Night 1 has begun.

Deadline:
Wednesday
Friday June 10th at 11:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-10 06:00:00)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Hoppster »

You wake up from an uneasy night's sleep.

Everybody still seems to be alive (except for Professor Gebra and Kalofer, of course, whose corpses lie in the basement with the rats).

Day 2 begins now!

Day 2, Votecount 1theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 8 (theplague42, Twistedspoon, Morthas, Juls, implosion, Wickedestjr, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Deadline: Friday June 24th at 15:30 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-24 10:30:00)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 2theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 3
[L - 2]
(Oopidstay, don_johnson, implosion)

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(Twistedspoon)

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 0
[L - 5]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 4 (theplague42, Morthas, Juls, Wickedestjr)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 3theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 4
[L - 1] (Oopidstay, don_johnson, implosion, theplague42)

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 3 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, Twistedspoon)

Time left:

Juls wrote:
Mod: Can you verify that a Neighbor is different than a Neighborizer to you

Yes.
Last edited by Hoppster on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 4theplague42 - 0
[L - 5]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 2
[L - 3]
(implosion, theplague42)

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 5 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, Twistedspoon, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Morthas is V/LA until further notice.
Wickedestjr is V/LA Saturday and Sunday.

Juls wrote:
Mod: Is it possible to have two mafia neighbors with no town in the neighbor chat?

Hoopla, Head of the Normal Game Review Group, wrote:It's a perfectly possible and fine role combination

So, yes.

This
should not
in any shape or form be taken as denial or confirmation of this role combination in this paticular setup. Speculation upon either of the two may result in a force-replace if I deem it suitable and necessary.

EDIT:
See this post for a slight clarification.
Last edited by Hoppster on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Hoppster »

Juls wrote:
@Mod: Why would you force-replace someone for setup speculation?

It is not the setup speculation I would force-replace for (you remain free to do this as always).

Hoppster wrote:
This
should not
in any shape or form be taken as denial or confirmation of this role combination in this paticular setup. Speculation upon either of the two may result in a force-replace if I deem it suitable and necessary.

To rephrase this (hopefully) more clearly:

I may force-replace for something along the lines of
"The prescence of two Mafia Neighbours in this setup is impossible/confirmed because of X"
, where X is a factor/reason that originates not from the game, but outside of the game, as judged at my discretion.

If you have something similar you wish to post, you would do well to check via PM with me first.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 5theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 1
[L - 4]
(Juls)

don_johnson - 1
[L - 4]
(Oopidstay)

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 4 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, Twistedspoon, theplague42)

Time left:

Reminder: All players should bear this in mind.

Edit: don_johnson was previously being voted by don_johnson. This has been corrected (to Oopidstay).
Last edited by Hoppster on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 6theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 1
[L - 4]
(don_johnson)

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 2
[L - 3]
(Juls, Twistedspoon)

don_johnson - 1
[L - 4]
(Oopidstay)

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 3 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, theplague42)

Time left:

Mod-Edit:
Corrected from Vote Count 5 to Vote Count 6.
Last edited by Hoppster on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 7theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]
)

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 4
[L - 1] (Juls, Twistedspoon, don_johnson, theplague42)

don_johnson - 1
[L - 4]
(Oopidstay)

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (Morthas, Wickedestjr)

Time left:

Wickedestjr is due back from V/LA.

Mod-Edit:
don_johnson is no longer voting for Juls as he was previously.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 8theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 4
[L - 1] (Juls, Twistedspoon, don_johnson, theplague42)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 3 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Wickedestjr will be prodded as requested.

Mod-Edit:
Corrected from Vote Count 7 to Vote Count 8.
Mod-Edit:
don_johnson is no longer voting for Juls as he was previously.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 9theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 5]

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 3
[L - 2]
(don_johnson, theplague42, Oopidstay)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 4 (Morthas, Wickedestjr, Twistedspoon, Juls)

Time left:

Morthas is V/LA until the 17th.

Mod-Edit:
don_johnson is no longer voting Juls as he was previously.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 10theplague42 - 2
[L - 3]
(implosion, Twistedspoon)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 4]
(Wickedestjr)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 3
[L - 2]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (Morthas, Juls)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 11theplague42 - 2
[L - 3]
(implosion, Twistedspoon)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 4]
(Wickedestjr)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 3
[L - 2]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 2 (Morthas, Juls)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Hoppster »

Lynch scene incoming.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 2, Votecount 12theplague42 - 1
[L - 4]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 4]
(Wickedestjr)

Morthas - 0
[L - 5]

Juls - 0
[L - 5]

implosion - 0
[L - 5]

Wickedestjr - 5
[L - 0] (don_johnson, theplague42, Oopidstay, Twistedspoon, Juls)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 5]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 5]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 5]

Not Voting - 1 (Morthas)

Time left:

Wickedestjr has been lynched.

You can all feel the adrenaline pumping through your bodies following the successful hanging of the evil villain Kalofer, which was very oddly successful. You all remember the times during your childhood when you were powerless to stop the bullies who would mercilessly stomp on your treasured geometry kit, and you now begin to understand your childhood bullies' fascination with power. For once, as you watched Kalofer's limp body hang from the noose, you were the one wielding the power! Glorious power!

Perhaps it is this adrenaline that makes you cocky. For you all make a horrific mistake today.

Wickedestjr was simply scribbling something on a piece of paper, sitting alone by himself in the corner.

Rumours began to spread.

"He's drawing crude pictures!"
"No, he's writing down an evil plan to kill us all!"

"HE'S DIVIDING BY ZERO! HANG HIM! HANG THE WITCH!"

Wickedestjr, a
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2!

Night 2 has begun.

Deadline: Monday June 20th at 16:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-20 11:00:00)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Hoppster »

You wake up from another night's poor sleep; your dreams disturbed by images of Wickedestjr being horribly mutilated by an evil anthropomorphic knife-wielding hyena.

You discuss this oddity with your colleagues, who all seem to have had similar yet slightly different dreams (with the mudering animal varying from a hedgehog to a dragon.)

Freakish nightmares aside, everybody seems to be okay.

Day 3 begins now!

Day 3, Votecount 1theplague42 - 0
[L - 4]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 4]

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 0
[L - 4]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 7 (theplague42, Twistedspoon, Morthas, Juls, implosion, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Deadline: Monday July 4th at 23:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-04 18:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Mod-Edit:
Fixed bracketing in flavour.
Last edited by Hoppster on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 3, Votecount 2theplague42 - 0
[L - 4]

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 3]
(theplague42)

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 0
[L - 4]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 6 (Twistedspoon, Morthas, Juls, implosion, don_johnson, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 3, Votecount 3theplague42 - 1
[L - 3]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 3]
(theplague42)

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 2
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon, don_johnson)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 3 (Morthas, Juls, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 3, Votecount 4theplague42 - 1
[L - 3]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 3]
(theplague42)

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 1
[L - 3]
(Twistedspoon)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 4 (Morthas, Juls, Oopidstay, don_johnson)

Time left:

Mod-Edit:
implosion has been corrected from L-3 to L-2.
Last edited by Hoppster on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 3, Votecount 5theplague42 - 1
[L - 3]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 1
[L - 3]
(theplague42)

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 3
[L - 1] (Twistedspoon, Juls, implosion)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 2 (Morthas, Oopidstay)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Hoppster »

Lynch scene incoming.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 3, Votecount 6theplague42 - 1
[L - 3]
(implosion)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 4]

Morthas - 0
[L - 4]

Juls - 0
[L - 4]

implosion - 4
[L - 0] (Twistedspoon, Juls, implosion, theplague42)

don_johnson - 0
[L - 4]

Oopidstay - 0
[L - 4]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 4]

Not Voting - 2 (Morthas, Oopidstay)

Time left:

implosion has been lynched.

Saddened and guilt-ridden at Wickedestjr's death, you decide to take the day off and just relax for the day with some good old-fashioned board games. Yes, there are probably people trying to kill you, but maybe you can appease their murderous instincts with a peaceful game of Monopoly!

So, in the interests of time, you all decide to take responsibility for a different part of setup. One of you distributes the money, one of you sorts out the properties...

But what's this? Somebody has put the Community Chest cards on the space marked for Chance cards, and the Chance cards on the space marked for Community Chest cards! The game is ruined! RUINED!

Filled with hatred, you all turn on the person responsible for this terrible, terrible mistake.

implosion, a
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3!

Night 3 has begun.

Deadline: Sunday June 26th at 21:30 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-06-26 16:30:00)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Hoppster »

You wake up with a heavy heart.

You know that the peace cannot have lasted through the night. You asked your Magic 8 Ball whether you would all survive through the night, and it told you "My sources say no".

Your Magic 8 Ball has never been wrong.

Never.

However, the very next day, everybody seems to be okay. Weirdly enough, each of them has been consulting their very own Magic 8 Ball. Some results appear to contradict each other.

Is it possible your Magic 8 Ball was wrong?

It is not until one of you takes a trip to the lavatory that it is noticed that poor Oopidstay is lying rather awkardly sprawled in a pool of lavatory fluid, discoloured by blood.

Next to him lies a smashed Magic 8 Ball.

"Outlook not so good", it sniggers.

Oopidstay, a
Town Cop
, was killed Night 3!

Day 4 begins now!

Day 4, Votecount 1theplague42 - 0
[L - 3]

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 3]

Not Voting - 5 (theplague42, Twistedspoon, Morthas, Juls, don_johnson)

Deadline: Thursday July 14th at 22:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-14 17:00:00)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

theplague42 is V/LA until Saturday. As a result of this, there is a four day extension for today and the deadline is currently set at 18 days.

Should you wish me to replace theplague42 now (instead of waiting for his V/LA to end), then please send me a PM. I will begin looking for a replacement
if all players
(theplague42 aside) wish me to.

As always, further deadline extensions may be avaliable later on upon request if I deem it suitable.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Hoppster »

Sorry, forgot to unlock the thread. :P

Now open.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 4, Votecount 2theplague42 - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 1
[L - 2]
(don_johnson

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 1
[L - 2]
(Juls

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Morthas)

Time left:

theplague42 is V/LA until Saturday.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 4, Votecount 3theplague42 - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 2
[L - 1] (Juls, don_johnson)

Not Voting - 2 (theplague42, Morthas)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 4, Votecount 4theplague42 - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 1
[L - 2]
(Juls)

Not Voting - 3 (theplague42, Morthas, don_johnson)

Time left:

Morthas wrote:Jailkeeper targets Roleblocker
Roleblocker targets Jailkeeper
Roleblocker targets kill on Player A

Does Player A die or not?

Should both roles be present in this game and were this combination of Night Actions to occur, then assuming no other Night Actions, Player A would not be killed.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 4, Votecount 5
theplague42 - 3
[L - 0] (Twistedspoon, don_johnson, Juls)

Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 2]

Not Voting - 3 (theplague42, Morthas)

Time left:

theplague42 has been lynched.

You all grumble at each other over your morning cup of coffee. You're all in a foul mood - implosion's foul death aside, the toilets are out of use. Life was bad enough with working toilets, but with busted toilets, it's hardly worth living.

theplague42 enters the room, having just been outside answering the call of nature in the shrubbery. Brightly, he announces to you all that he is off for a trip to Hawaii as soon as this awful murder business is cleared up.

"You're going... on vacation?" one of you asks theplague42, a blank look on your face.

"Don't worry, I'll Skype you!" he answers. "Although, the resort I'm staying at does have limited access to the internet... Perhaps I'll just write you all a postcard or something," he smiles.

"First-class or second-class?"

"Oh, don't be silly. I won't be mailing it to you - that'd be such a waste of money! No, I'm just going to buy a postcard, write it there, and then give it to you when I get back!"

"BUT THAT DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF A POSTCARD!" you roar in unison, a bloodlust rising within you.

theplague42, a
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4!

Night 4 has begun.

Deadline: Wednesday July 6th at 8:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-06 03:00:00)

Mod-Edit:
theplague42 fixed from L-2 to, well, L-0.
Last edited by Hoppster on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Hoppster »

You wake up from a very, very pleasant night's rest. Just what you needed after the postcard-related stress from yesterday.

You do a body count, and everything seems to be in order.

5 corpses chucked carelessly in the freezer, 4 of you well and alive.

You do a quick check on Wolfram Alpha:
5 + 4 = 9.

Mathematics is fun.

Day 5 begins now!

Day 5, Votecount 1Twistedspoon - 0
[L - 3]

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 3]

Not Voting - 4 (Juls, Morthas, don_johnson, Twistedspoon)

Deadline: Wednesday July 20th at 22:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-20 17:00:00)

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Mod-Edit:
In Not Voting, theplague42 has been changed to Juls.
Last edited by Hoppster on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 5, Votecount 2
Twistedspoon - 2
[L - 1] (don_johnson, Juls)

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Not Voting - 1 (Morthas)

Time left:

Morthas is V/LA until Tuesday.

Mod-Edit:
Formatting updated slightly.
Last edited by Hoppster on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 5, Votecount 3
Twistedspoon - 2

Morthas - 0
[L - 3]

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 3]

Not Voting - 1 (Morthas)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

Day 5, Votecount 3
Twistedspoon - 2

Morthas - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 3]

Not Voting - 1 (Morthas)

Time left:

Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Hoppster »

Lynch scene incoming.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 5, Votecount 4
Twistedspoon - 3
[L - 0] (Juls, Morthas, don_johnson)

Morthas - 1
[L - 2]
(Twistedspoon)

Juls - 0
[L - 3]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 3]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 3]

Not Voting - 0

Time left:

Twistedspoon has been lynched!

You are all sitting around the table, ready for breakfast.

There is an unpleasant suprise though when one of you checks the cereal cupboard.

"Some... some villain has finished the Cheerios!" they cry as the squashed, empty Cheerios packet lies discarded in the corner.

There is a mutual howl of despair at the tragedy.

"Life with Cheerios was bad enough - but life without Cheerios is unbearable!" one of you yells. Fortunately, armed only with a spoon, they are unable to successful slit their own throat.

There are a few moments of sobbing and grieving, but eventually you decide that you must press on. After all, you have evil to catch.

You are all munching on a nice bowl of Cornflakes when Twistedspoon takes a deep breath and stands up at the table.

"My colleagues... I have a confession to make," he says. His voice trembles with nerves, and a solitary bead of sweat drips down his forehead.

As Twistedspoon clears his throat, you all stare at him expectantly in between mouthfuls of Cornflakes and milk.

"I... I finished the Cheerios," Twistedspoon mumbles. "I'm sorry, my friends."

You all spit out your mouthfuls of Cornflakes in shock. Although you can feel the bloodlust rising in you, you are mindful of the innocent lives you have taken in the heat of the moment before, so you calm yourselves down.

"Well, I hope you enjoyed them," you manage to say graciously to Twistedspoon.

"Well," he replies, "the thing is - I poured too much. I couldn't finish it, so I flushed the rest down the toilet."

"YOU FLUSHED OUR CHEERIOS DOWN THE TOILET?!" you scream collectively at Twistedspoon.

Twistedspoon, a
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 5!

Night 5 has begun.

Deadline: Friday July 15th at 0:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-14 19:00:00)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Okay. So the toilet is broken, we're out of Cheerios and life in general sucks.

Lynches aside, obviously. You've become strangely addicted to stringing people up with a noose. It's oddly satisfying.

You sigh happily to yourself as images of Twistedspoon's hanging corpse flood back to you. Good times.

If you died now, you'd die happy.

Day 6 begins now!

Day 6, Votecount 1Morthas - 0
[L - 2]

Juls - 0
[L - 2]

don_johnson - 0
[L - 2]

No Lynch - 0
[L - 2]

Not Voting - 3 (Morthas, Juls, don_johnson)

Deadline: Friday July 29th at 01:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-28 20:00:00)

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Juls is completely V/LA until the 18th and semi-V/LA until the 25th.

Mod-Edit:
All players have been added to 'Not Voting'. >.>
Last edited by Hoppster on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Lynch scene incoming.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Day 6, Votecount 2
Morthas - 2
[L - 0] (don_johnson, Juls)

Juls - 0
[L - 2]

don_johnson - 1
[L - 1] (Morthas)

No Lynch - 0
[L - 2]

Not Voting - 0

Deadline: Friday July 29th at 01:00 BST

Time left:
(expired on 2011-07-28 20:00:00)

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Morthas has been lynched!

It slowly dawns on each of you while you're eating your breakfast (eeugh... Cornflakes) that today is a day like no other so far since the death of poor old Professor Gebra.

Because today is Friday!

♫ It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin' forward to the weekend ♫

And what better way to start the weekend than by lynching the last scumbag amongst you?

Yes, you've been wrong now 4 times in a row, but man, you have a good feeling about today.

Because today is Friday!

♫ It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward...

But while you are occupied singing, one of you pulls out a gun, cackling maniacally.

You gasp in horror. "Juls, it was you all along?"

"What are you talking about?" the person with a gun says. "It's me, don_johnson. You've been working with me for 20 years and you don't know my name (or more worryingly my gender)? Are you serious?"

There's a bang, and then one of you slumps down to the floor, blood pouring freely from the chest.

"That's for not knowing my name, you bastard," don_johnson mutters, looking at the life slowly ebbing from Morthas' body.

"Before you kill me - I just want to know how and why you did all this," Juls begs don_johnson.

"Why would I kill you?"

"Aren't I a dangerous witness or something to your theft of the
'Missing Proof'
?"

"What, me? I didn't steal it. It was Morthas and Kalofer," don_johnson says, smiling. "I've known all along, I just thought it'd be kinda fun to keep it to myself until the last minute. It's not everyday that you get opportunities to hang your work colleagues."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Who cares? We won! We won, Juls!"

"... You're an idiot. So, where's the proof then?"

"Morthas hid it in his jacket. It's in his inside right pocket."

You both turn to look at Morthas' bloodied, and now very much dead, body.

"... Shit. Blood stains paper, doesn't it? My bad, I forgot."

Morthas, a
Mafia Neighbour
, was lynched Day 6!

Town win
:
don_johnson, Juls, Twistedspoon, theplague42, Oopidstay, implosion, Wickedestjr
and Algebra
!

Setup, Role PMs, Mod-Notes/excuses coming now.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

Dead QT

Mildly amusing. (That might just be because I'm a bastard though.)

Players

1. theplague42 -
    Vanilla Townie

2. Twistedspoon -
    Vanilla Townie

3. Kalofer -
    Mafia Neighbour

4. Morthas -
    Mafia Neighbour

5. Juls -
    Vanilla Townie

6. implosion -
    Vanilla Townie

7. Wickedestjr -
    Vanilla Townie

8. don_johnson -
    Town Jailkeeper

9. Oopidstay -
    Town Cop

Night 1

don_johnson jails Morthas.
Morthas tries to kill Wickedestjr, but is jailed by don_johnson and the kill is blocked.
Oopidstay investigates Twistedspoon. Result: Pro-Town

Night 2

don_johnson jails implosion.
Morthas tries to kill implosion, but implosion is jailed by don_johnson and is protected from the kill.
Oopidstay investigates theplague42. Result: Pro-Town

Night 3

don_johnson jails Juls.
Morthas kills Oopidstay.
Oopidstay investigates Morthas but is killed.

Night 4

don_johnson jails Twistedspoon.

Night 5

don_johnson jails Morthas.
Morthas tries to kill don_johnson, but is jailed by don_johnson and the kill is blocked.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
[Player Name]
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Powers

You have no special powers, only your one vote!

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Town Jailkeeper Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
[Player Name]
!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

Powers

Each night, you may target a player to jailkeep. This will protect them from one kill for one night and will also roleblock them, meaning that any attempted night actions from that player that night will fail. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected and may or may not be informed that they were roleblocked. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill.

Win Condition:

Town Cop Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
[Player Name]
!

You are a
Town Cop

Powers

Each night, you may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. At the end of night, if your investigation is sucessful you will receive a Private Message containing your results: either [Anti-Town] or [Pro-Town].

Win Condition:

Mafia Neighbour Role PM wrote:Welcome to Mafiamatical Mathia,
[Player Name]
!

You are a
Mafia Neighbour

Powers

You are Mafia-aligned, along with your partner,
[Player Name]
, who is a
Mafia Neighbor
. You may communicate with your partner in this QuickTopic during night. You may also communicate with
[Player Name]
(who is also your Neighbour) in this Neighbourhood QuickTopic during night.

Each night, your Mafia faction may choose one player to kill - you must also specify which of the two of you is performing the kill. If your Mafia team-mate has been killed, you may still perform the kill by yourself.

Win Condition:
You win if Mafia-aligned players comprise half of the remaining living players.

Kalofer/Morthas can release their QTs if they wish to (not a great deal there anyway tbh).

Mod-Notes/Thoughts/Excuses

Spoiler: Setup
Town have two great power roles in the Cop and the Jailkeeper, and Mafia have nothing. Town has a lot of investigative power, and had the Mafia just been Goons (which they essentially are) the setup is pretty stacked against the Mafia. I knew town was powerful, but man, I didn't realise just how powerful they were until we got underway.

However, as was alluded to in my review (by the Normal Game Review Group), town needs power due to the... well, for now, let's say 'shock' nature of the setup. To quote Hoopla:
Hoopla wrote:You might receive a little criticism post-game from duped townies for the slightly bastard-like element of two scum neighbours. I only say bastard as it's completely unexpected from the way meta is currently. It's a perfectly possible and fine role combination, just unexpected. Which is why I think you need decent amount of confirming town power to narrow the pool of possible scumpartners for town in late game.

But, really, I think odds were stacked against the scum-team. Obviously Kalofer dying Day 1 didn't help a great deal, but as it emerged later in the game town had sufficient power to just be able to map out Night Actions and plan for (almost) any outcome. So, alleged bastard-mod shenanigans aside (which I'll get to later) this really is a town-sided setup.

Spoiler: Actual Play
don_johnson played the Jailkeeper very well. Stopping 2 NKs early-game was amazing, and was probably the major, major factor in the eventual Mafia loss (town-sided setup aside, Morthas was pretty much getting a free ride until it was PoE'd down to Morthas-scum).

Oopidstay also had reasonable targets. Although, really, the fact that the people he investigated (Twistedspoon, theplague42) were percieved as scummy detracted from their usefulness, because it pretty much was "Well, cop investigated this guy and he turned up innocent - but this guy is so scummy, he's got to be a Godfather!"

Obviously I'm biased, but I wasn't a fan of how people went "Yeah, well, Morthas isn't scum because the Mod is wrong when he says Morthas could be scum and if Morthas is scum I will RAGE POST-GAME RAWR". Given how I'd made it clear Morthas could be scum, the way people promptly ignored that (to make a point about how the setup was bastardly?) was disappointing.

The worst people were the people who made the above point without then backing it up. Juls, while (incorrectly) ruling out the Mafia Neighbour 2-man Neighbourhood, at least had a reason for doing it (although I think it's wrong as I'll explain later), but there were people who just went "YEAH IT WOULD TOTALLY BE BASTARDLY" without any obvious reasoning.

Spoiler: OMG 2 MAFIA NEIGHBOURS YOU BASTAAAAARD /rage
The game was approved by my reviewers for normalcy and balance
so blame them, not me!
, and I personally agree with the decision completely (obviously if I thought it was unfairly bastardly I wouldn't have suggested it in the first place).

What I just quoted from Hoopla is still applicable in this section so I'll quote it again:
Hoopla wrote:You might receive a little criticism post-game from duped townies for the slightly bastard-like element of two scum neighbours. I only say bastard as it's completely unexpected from the way meta is currently. It's a perfectly possible and fine role combination, just unexpected.

And I wholeheartedly agree with that assessment.

The main case I could see was Juls'. I'll re-quote it here:
Juls wrote:I have talked to the mod about this and plan on addressing it with the normal review committee after but the normal roles explicitly states that
Scum masons are disallowed
. I know what Hoopla said, and I know what the mod says but I am going to go based on the assumption that scum masons cannot be allowed and therefore Morthas is town. If it turns out to be different then I will certainly not be a happy camper after the game.
Juls wrote:Calling them neighbors would just be semantics because obviously in a 9 person game you would only have one scum team which basically makes them Scum Masons. How exactly would they be alignment unconfirmed as both scum?

I believe this is a bad interpretation of the Normal Game Guidelines.

I agree more with what implosion said:
implosion wrote:Masons are alignment-confirmed neighbors. I see what you mean, but the term mason only applies to pro-town roles. And regardless, Kalofer flipped neighbor.

I get that your argument is that if Morthas was also scum, they would be called masons and not neighbors (at least i think that's what you're saying) but masons are strictly pro-town afaik. Actually, I shouldn't say that since I was in a scum-mason group once, but we didn't know we were scum and it was a theme SO. In normal terms, i'm pretty sure masons have to be town.

This is kind of no true scotsman, but masons are generally thought of as a group of players who are all town and all know that each other are town. Neighbors are a group of players who can night-talk, and that's the only special thing about that group of players. They could, theoretically, be alignment-confirmed to each other for reasons outside the neighborhood (like having one be a cop and investigate another, or having two neighbors be scum together and just using the "neighbor" designation to indicate that they can chat).

It's still unlikely, but I don't think it's impossible.

Why?

Well, 'Scum Masons' is generally used to talk about the case where you have a group of Masons, but one of them is Mafia.

Which is without a doubt bastardly, as the Masons are under the impression they're all confirmed to be town to each other but they're actually not.

Neighbours, being derived from Masons (who are confirmed to be pro-town) make more sense in that Neighbours are unconfirmed to be pro-town, rather than unconfirmed to be the same alignment.

Taking the stance that the two Mafia Neighbours, who being confirmed in alignment to each other, are actually Mafia Masons, means that I would bet a whole lot of ongoing Normal games are by the same logic bastardly.

Because, really, under that logic, any scum-group are Mafia Masons and therefore bastardly. They have a QT, they're confirmed in alignment to each other. It would be semantics to argue that because they don't have the 'Neighbour' tagline that they can't be Mafia Masons. Therefore, the only Mafia groups permissible to each other would be when they don't have a QT (and arguably don't know who each other are).

This is obviously wrong, which is where Juls' logic messes up.

With the bastardly semantics ruled out, that leaves the possibly bastardly nature of people not expecting 2 Mafia Neigbours in a 2-Man Neighbourhood as a possibility. Which is fair enough, but then I clearly said that it was possible (and you should therefore expect it as a possibility).

Overall, while obviously I don't like being called a bastard
, I enjoyed modding this and I hope you enjoyed playing, even if you do feel I have been bastardly.

*okay, maybe a little bit

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”