Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

VOTE: Zang

LOOK AT ME I'M :GOODPOSTING:

Tarhalindur wrote:Why yes, that is a three-vote random bandwagon in the first 10 posts. Discuss.

It's five now. How's that for 'Discuss'? :cool:
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Hoppster »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:VOTE: Hoppster

You are Twistedspoon's friend right?
grrrrrr
I guess voting you will do because I can't kill him...and you are in the mini normal queue before me :(

My game has already finished sign-ups.

And trust me, killing me would make him (Twistedspoon) happy. You know what would annoy him? Zang getting voted. Vote Zang.

Tarhalindur wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
FoS: Ant, Surye

???

Why "???" that but not this?
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
FoS: pappums rat

P-Edit:

Nexus wrote:I think he means the fact that both of them ignored the main wagon and the counterwagon. Likewise pappums. That's how it seems to me.

Do you agree with (what you think is) his reasoning?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:I think completely ignoring all the previous posts is stupid, yes. Even if it was just a passing comment about them.

Stupid or scummy?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:Stupid.

If I thought it was that scummy I would've put a vote down. Considering one of the three who is ignoring the counterwagon on him, I don't need to change my vote.

What's your opinion then?

Wait, so do you think it's scummy or not then? You imply you don't think it's scummy (and would change your vote if you thought it was) but then say that you don't need to change your vote because it's already on one of them (implying that you would have changed your vote, and thus you thought it was scummy).

Me, I think it's null... or, unhelpful perhaps. They're certainly not helping, but I don't believe it's a scum-tell.

Also, going back to this:
Nexus wrote:I think completely ignoring all the previous posts is stupid, yes. Even if it was just a passing comment about them.

Were you talking specifically about the wagons arising from the votes or just the posts in general?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:It's not inherently scummy, but it's enough for me to not need to change my vote from where it is because a) it was originally an attempt to gain information from a counterwagon and b) the person who the vote is on has managed to ignore both the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Like, what I'm trying to say is it isn't scummy enough to warrant a vote should I not have a vote down, or have a vote elsewhere, but as I have a vote there now, I'm fine with it remaining until more information surfaces. Clearer? (Probably not, I'm confusing myself :D)

I was specifically talking about the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Surely one if not both of those things needs to be addressed?

1) Gotcha

2) You're referring solely to those people not on either of those two wagons, correct?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:I didn't join the Zang wagon because I wasn't comfortable putting a player at L-1 without him posting and within like 10 posts, and I saw the opportunity to get information by being a part of a different wagon.

What information do you think you have got now from the counter-wagon that you wouldn't have got by putting Zang at L-1?

Nexus wrote:Speaking of Zang, I hope he posts soon. I'd like to hear his reaction to a L-2 wagon so quick x]

If Zang doesn't post soon, would you consider putting him at L-1?

Do you think we would have had a less informative reaction from Zang had he been at L-1?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:Interesting

In what way?

Surye wrote:The FoS on pappums was odd to me

But not on you or Ant?

Surye wrote:I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

How has he reacted? How did you expect him to react if you provided no reasoning - surely that could just be seen as a RVS vote (unless it was a RVS vote and I'm incorrect in thinking you voted CES because you thought "The FoS on pappums was odd")?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:Hoppster: Well, that the three who ignored them both have done so. I can understand not jumping on a L-2 wagon, but why ignore a counter wagon as well, particularly in RVS?

The risk with putting Zang at L-1 is someone could be overzealous and hammer him, and I'm not one for one page Day 1's. No offence.

1) Gotcha

2) Would you have put Zang at L-2 had he been at L-3?

Tarhalindur wrote:
MFoS: Surye

Does the M stand for Major or Minor (or some other word beginning with 'M')?

Now that Nexus has suggested the probable reason for CES's FoSes, what do you think of them (ie. how has your attitude changed from "???")?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:
Hoppster wrote:
Surye wrote:The FoS on pappums was odd to me

But not on you or Ant?

If you read in order, you'd see my post was before he FoSed me. I realize this is a Dr Who Mafia, but I could not timetravel to see his FoS I'm afraid.

Yeah, realised that after I posted, but to an extent it's still kinda valid. Do you think his subsequent FoSes on yourself and Ant are/were odd?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:Actually I am not sure. It's consistent with his first FoS (off wagon vote), so I actually like his reaction,
and don't see it as defensive as I thought I'd get.

You thought you'd get a defensive reaction: did you think he was scum (who, as such would react defensively) simply from his FoS? Or would a defensive reaction be one you would expect from town?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Hoppster »

So why no vote, Zang?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:So why no vote, Zang?

Why not ask CES the same question?

Cogito Ergo Sum, in his first post, wrote:
Vote: Zang

This is pinging my scumdar a little bit. Zang has acknowledged the wagon on him, but then he doesn't pay any attention to who is on it. I would expect town to be looking more carefully at the people on the bandwagon, whereas scum would just look more generally at the number of people on the wagon.

Zang, to Nexus, wrote:I'm not really sure what your argument with Hoppster is about. I understand how it started but it seems like your just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Did the argument help give you a read on either of us?

Ant_to_the_max wrote:The Zang wagon didn't need any help. Counter wagon was Meh. No funny reasons why I should join or incentive. I thought I would make my own with the condemning evidence I had :P

Only other player I know is rat, but I will have to go back and look at that game to really remember him.

Ohey, your RVS vote is still on me.

What do you want to get out of your RVS vote on me that hasn't already happened?

Why have you said nothing useful or non-RVS related so far at all?

Have you even read the thread?

pappums rat wrote:Anyways, I think all this dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise, and the wagons were not useful at all other than clumsily getting us out of RVS.

Meaningless noise? Did it not help further any reads on either of us?

What about the dialogue between Nexus and I?

Is that why you didn't vote on either of the wagons - they were too 'clumsy' for your liking?

What exactly do you want to get or are you looking to get out of your GMan vote?

My gut is telling me this is a scum-post where pappums-scum has read Nexus' posts about people not commenting on wagons and pappums-scum resultingly felt it necessary to post some comment on the wagons. The opinion of "the wagons were clumsy" just seems really... feigned.

Tarhalindur wrote:In other news: I'm of two minds about Hoppster, need to see more to judge.
Tarhalindur wrote:Hoppster and Nexus is probably a townie fight, with an outside chance of Hoppsterscum using questions to confuse the town. That's a very outside shot though.

What helped you to judge?

UNVOTE: Zang
VOTE: Ant

You suck.

FoS: Zang, pappums
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

iamausername wrote:Nexus is super obvious town.
Tar is totally right about Surye.

Is he totally right about Zang's reaction being town?

SnakePlissken wrote:3 pages already. Hate being late to the party and for the record I would have voted on the Zang wagon. In fact I will

Hello to all I have played with before, special wave to Nexus.

RVS Questions

1. How long have people been playing MS here?
2. What is the most commonly used scum tell that you have seen?
3. Favoroite Doctor Who Monster?

Is that vote random or do you think he's scummy?

Have you fully caught up?

1. Since November 26 2010 (when I replaced into my first [Newbie] game). My Wiki page is usually up-to-date.

2. I don't count... but do you mean used as in 'called out' by other people, or used as in 'scum used it'?

3. Winston Churchill.

What have you learnt from my answers?

UNVOTE: Ant
VOTE: SnakePlissken

(FoS: Ant)

You've basically dodged saying anything at all, much like our good friend Ant.

However, you're also jumping on a wagon without any reasoning at all, and we're at a stage where you have plenty to work off.

I'd also say we're out of RVS, and the RVS Questions seem unnecessary, useless, and counter-productive.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Hoppster »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hoppster is incredibly annoying to read.

Do you mean annoying to read as in you just find my posts plain irritating to look at, or that you can't get a read on me?

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tar wrote:Hoppster and Nexus is probably a townie fight, with an outside chance of Hoppsterscum using questions to confuse the town. That's a very outside shot though.

Zang tell detected. If Hoppster and Nexus are both Town Tar is possible scum.

I don't get it.

Ant: In your 'multiple' readings of the thread, have you gathered any ideas of who might be scum?

P-Edit:
pappums rat wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hoppster is incredibly annoying to read. He constant refrain of “What reaction did you expect to get” is rather useless when he’s pre-empted the actual reactions from some players (Zang for example) with his questions. He’s peppered Nexus with a number of hypothetical questions that don’t serve any serious scum-hunting (“Would you put Zang at L-2 if he was at L-3?’) but more as a means to produce as “Gotcha, inconsistency” attack.

I agree with this statement. All Hoppster's questions thus far have been rather unnecessary and/or forced, and IMO it kind of sounds like he is trying to sound like he has a lot to say rather than actually having a lot to say.

This sounds pretty damning. Why aren't you voting me?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Why have you [Ant] said nothing useful or non-RVS related so far at all?

I'm not ant but it may be because it was only on page 2.

[...]

Did you [SnakePlissken] just miss the past 2 pages of scumhunting

Say whaaaa?

Ant's post #46
SP's post #53

Why are you defending Ant's lack of content and then attacking SP's lack of content?

pappums rat wrote:Anyways, I think all this dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise
pappums rat wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Hoppster

for making more out of this bullshit than what is reasonably concievable, and because his dialogue with Surye on his end rang hollow to me.

Umm.

1) What "bullshit" exactly?
2) Uhh, you said that the "dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise". Now I was being hollow?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
Surye wrote:We're on page 2, I'm not being passive, I'm poking and prodding to see where people show scumminess. I commented on the Nexus and Hoppster interaction as I think there is something of note, but I don't have a read on the relationship between them. My reads will solidify and I will take a stronger stance when I have one.

Uh, WHAT? Prodding my foot - summary does not prodding make, nor does simply answering other people's questions.

And funny, I seemed to get reaction. Hmmm.

You realise you've still got your RVS vote down, right?

What exactly is the point of "teehee i baited u into reactionz" if you then don't follow up with a vote?

Zang wrote:I'm voting CES and I FoSed two other people.

Am I the only person who thinks the choice of words in 'two other people' is odd?

It's almost as if Zang couldn't remember who he was suspicious of... yet could somehow remember that he was supicious of exactly two people.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Hmm didn't see this one till Tar actually quoted it. That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum. Covering tracks if Zang actually flips scum here?

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

So shouldn't you be voting Zang?

UNVOTE: SnakePlissken
VOTE: Ant

Your reason for voting MoI is, quite literally, "lol this is suspicious if Zang is scum".

Tarhalindur wrote:CES's lack of reasoning makes Tarhalindur a sad panda.

A sad and suspicious panda?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
Hoppster wrote:
So shouldn't you be voting Zang?

Your reason for voting MoI is, quite literally, "lol this is suspicious if Zang is scum".

You have it backwards

No, I don't.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:"That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum.
Covering tracks
if
Zang actually flips scum here
?"

By your own words, he is only doing something suspicious "if Zang actually flips scum".

You have not provided any reason for suspicion should Zang not flip scum.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:Kill: Zang

Vote: Ant_to_the_Max

FoS: Surye, bv310, pappums_rat

Really? This has been so overused that it becomes almost obvious that it's a fake day kill gambit when you post it. What did you hope to gain from this?

Uhh, not liking this reaction at all.

Can't quite put my finger on it but my gut is
POSITIVELY SCREAMING
to me that this is a scum reaction to an apparent DK-gambit on himself.

Feels a bit like scum gleefully mocking somebody who fake DK'd him.

The Rufflig wrote:By the way, no one has to tell me that they hate my reads. Everyone always hates my reads. If you hate my reads, tell me why you hate them or which reads you hate.

I HATE YOUR READS.

The Rufflig wrote:bv310: Not enough content - no real opinion.

[...]

pap: Not enough content - leaning a bit negative.

???

pappums rat wrote:Alright, I have read through the game again and I still found the Zang wagon and the Surye counter-wagon to be counter-productive. When people are run up like that, how exactly are they supposed to respond? People are going to read whatever they are looking for into the player's response to this and as such I think it is a poor scumhunting technique.

At this point I am going to

Unvote
Vote: Snake

His second RQS question, as has been pointed out, can potentially help scum, so I see no town motivation behind it. His third post has a couple of points of concern for me. First, he says he is going to have to spend some "serious time to read all of this" despite the fact that there is only 5 pages. It sounds to me like he is trying to buy for time and active lurk here. Also, in my opinion his reason for voting Nexus is bad.

OH HEY

I REMEMBER YOU

pappums ISO #0:
RVS
pappums ISO #1:
Doesn't really say much here, but says "dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise"
pappums ISO #2:
Oops, contradicting himself from before. He suggests the dialogue between Surye and I made him suspicious of me although it was "meaningless noise" before. Then he doesn't vote me?
pappums ISO #3:
UH NOT VOTING HOPPSTER 'COS I'M STILL IN RVS
pappums ISO #4:
Okay, I have decided for some arbitrary reason that I AM READY TO LEAVE RVS!
pappums ISO #5:
/prod-dodge
pappums ISO #6:
Hmm, let me
conviniently forget all my previous suspicions of Hoppster and not mention him at all
, and then make an easy cop-out vote on somebody who's said even less than me instead of doing any real scum-hunting!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: pappums
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Hoppster »

Sorry all for the delay, had a few connection issues. Should be more stable now.

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Uhh, not liking this reaction at all.

Can't quite put my finger on it but my gut is POSITIVELY SCREAMING to me that this is a scum reaction to an apparent DK-gambit on himself.

Feels a bit like scum gleefully mocking somebody who fake DK'd him.

It wasn't an apparent fake day kill gambit, it was proven that it was a fake day kill gambit when the mod posted. Also why do you think that I'm scum gleefully mocking someone who fake day killed me instead of town gleefully mocking someone who fake day killed me.

Well, mainly gut on my part if I'm honest.

Re-quoting the offending section of your post:
Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:Kill: Zang

Really? This has been so overused that it becomes almost obvious that it's a fake day kill gambit when you post it. What did you hope to gain from this?

Your post has a tone which I want to describe as patronising, but it's not quite the same in my mind.

It's part-patronising, part-gleeful, part-mocking, part-just-plain-evil.

As weird as this sounds, it's like something from a movie. The good guy, faced with the bad guy, pulls out his pistol and shoots. The bullet whizzes past the bad guy.

And then, the vibe I get from your post: the villain cackles evilly, and says "Oh dear, Mr. Bond, you are a poor shot. I really don't know how you ever thought you would defeat me (mwahahaha)," or some other derogatory remark, mocking the hero's valiant but ultimately futile attempt to kill him.

(Following this, of course, it turns out the hero wasn't trying to hit the villain but was trying to shoot some chandelier off the ceiling or something stupid like that. But that's not important for this analogy.)

Your post feels like it is coming from the exact same state of mind as the villain in this scenario. The villain sees the hero's failed kill attempt and becomes cocky and patronising, feeling he has the upper hand over the hero in this battle.

(I struggle to describe my gut and feel ridiculous doing so, but hopefully by using the movie scenario people will know what I'm talking about. >>)

The Rufflig wrote:@hoppster: If you wanted to know why I was leaning negative on pappums, you should have left a post of his for me.

Wasn't looking so much for specific reasons, but wondering why you gave pappums and bv the same 'summary' ("Not enough content") yet gave different reads ("leaning a bit negative" and "no real opinion" respectively).

Nexus wrote:Oh, Tar, fake daykills are lame.

Nexus, what prompted this?

Came one minute after your post (immediately above it), and I'm wondering what made you suddenly post that.

pappums rat wrote:something

OH HEY I REMEMBER YOU

Don't ignore me plzkthx.

@ everybody:
Can you all stop ignoring pappums? Seriously, look at his ISO, it's so incredibly inconsistent, and his vote on Snake is horribly horribly opportunistic.

SnakePlissken wrote:My first thoughts back are this. Ive played with Nexus a fair few times offsite and
whenever he gets really aggressive & into arguments fairly easily he's more often than not scum

Ie. Aggression is a scum-tell from Nexus.

SnakePlissken wrote:So the screwdriver gambit gave me a town response from CES,
Nexus usual aggression
and Zang, drawing attention to a role.

Ie. Aggression is a null-tell from Nexus.

Which is it, Snake?

Also, why did you drop your meta-case on Nexus to vote Surye?

I would rather go for a Snake lynch over Surye, but want to put a pappums lynch out there, as people seem to be ignoring him.

I can see some evidence of scum-hunting in Snake and Surye's ISOs. Not in pappums' ISO.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

Zang wrote:Its not that he missed be but that he never shot. It would be more like if the guy took a pistol, shot someone and water came out. Then the person, soaking wet and confused, asked why he would do that.

But you didn't simply ask Tar why he did that ("Why did you do that, Tar?").

Your response was more along the lines of mocking him for doing that ("<tut tut> Oh, really, Tar, that was an extremely pathetic gambit. I don't know what on earth you were thinking!")

@ Ant: Why are you (still) voting MoI?

@ Zang + iam: Thoughts on pappums?

Spoiler: pappums
pappums rat wrote:As scum, I went after Darla who I tried to paint as active lurking. She was an easy target for scum to go after because she rarely posted and when she did she often didnt have a whole lot to say.

So, as scum, you go after easy targets who don't have a lot to say, and you try to paint them as active lurking. Good to know.

... Wait, why are you voting Snake again?

pappums rat wrote:My vote on Snake was not opportunistic, he is scummy as hell, and his vote to put Surye at L-1 (which wasnt really L-1 but he thought it was) cements his position as scum in my mind, not to mention
his terrible reasoning for not participatiing in day 1.
pappums rat wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Snake

His second RQS question, as has been pointed out, can potentially help scum, so I see no town motivation behind it. His third post has a couple of points of concern for me.
First, he says he is going to have to spend some "serious time to read all of this" despite the fact that there is only 5 pages. It sounds to me like he is trying to buy for time and active lurk here.
Also, in my opinion his reason for voting Nexus is bad.

Huh.

Rings a bell...

pappums rat wrote:My vote on Snake was not opportunistic... I'm just going after someone who has a better chance of being lynched today.

Huh.

Of course, actually trying to make a logical case on me was just
out of the question
, considering we only had 16 days left and we'd only been playing for 5. That would be ridiculous. (amirite?)

pappums rat wrote:I still think you are scum.

Huh.

For that contradiction you made which I pointed out and you blatantly ignored?

Also, try actually scum-hunting some time, pappums. I hear it makes you less obvious scum.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

The Rufflig wrote:Zang's play is confusing me. I keep running through it and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. Either Snake or Zang is scum. Anyone else come to a similar conclusion?

You're going to have to show your working for this.

Tarhalindur wrote:
Nexus wrote:
Whatever. I said I was seeing if there was anyone scummier when I did a re read, so I don't know how that's me only trying to get Snake lynched. I don't believe his claim, but that's about it. It's certainly not enough to make me unvote until I've re-read.
[...]

Also, that explanation is even scummier than the first sentence of the post I just quoted (and I should have pointed it out in my last post - I blame posting at 2 in the morning). If you don't believe his claim, it follows that you think he is scum. However, you then say that you're going to reread to see if there's anyone scummier.

This does not follow.

Townies should NEVER lie when claiming without a damn good reason, and it's a risky play even then. If you think that Snake is lying about his claim, then YOU THINK THAT HE IS LYING SCUM. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that you actually think that you might find a player who is scummier than a player who you clearly believe is LYING about his claim. I could see it if you had concluded that a Snake lynch was no longer feasible and were switching to a second preference, but I don't see any evidence of such a thought process here, and I don't think it's supported by the game state at any rate.

No, the reason that you are looking for "anyone scummier" is because you are SCUM who doesn't actually care whether a player is scummy so long as they aren't on your team.

This is a good post.

Nexus wrote:I am still voting for him? I just said I was going to look for the others as well.

*shakes head*

This is not a good post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nexus

Also willing to lynch Ant.

Not paticularly willing to lynch Snake. I do think it's certainly a possibility that scum have been given safe/fake-claims, even as strong as the 10th Doctor - however, pappums' vote on Snake and his general prescence on the wagon is just makes me feel very uneasy.

@ Mod: Should pappums need replacement, would we recieve an extension of any sort?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster wrote:
The Rufflig wrote:Zang's play is confusing me. I keep running through it and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. Either Snake or Zang is scum. Anyone else come to a similar conclusion?

You're going to have to show your working for this.

This would be cool, Rufflig.

Nexus wrote:Wilfred Mott-Vanilla Town. I enjoy stargazing and
am related to Donna

This feels very much like a hastily put together scum fake-claim.

The bit in bold is scum qualifying their fake-claim - "LOOK GAIZ THIS DUDE ACTUALLY EXISTS".

Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then it would make more sense if the 10th doctor is scum or a fake claim. Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Why would the prescence of other incarnations of the Doctor in this game mean that specifically the 10th Doctor makes more sense as a scum or fake claim?

Zang wrote:
The Ruffig wrote:As for the other thing, I thought of it. If I decide to believe you and Snake flips town are you willing to let us lynch you next?

Snake is currently my biggest scum read so I would be willing to sacrifice myself if it means that you'll lynch him.

This may sound weird, but could you read what Rufflig said again and then answer it again for me please?

Nexus wrote:I don't understand why you think the Tenth Doctor would be only a VT, but Wilfred wouldn't? :S

I don't believe anybody's said that.

It's certainly not what Tar has been saying, if that's who you're directing it at (nobody else has really been talking about your specific name-claim).

Surye wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Zang’s content dwarfs yours this game.

2) Sup kettle.

Just to make super-sure: this is directed at MoI, right?

Nexus wrote:Also, Hoppster has disapoofed after jumping on my wagon two days ago.

Cool story bro.

So, is this meant to be an attack on me or something? Looks awfully like scum going "OH HEY LOOK OVER THERE GAIZ".

So why am I of note but then iamausername is not?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Hoppster »

I'm posting in all of my games, you twat.

Nice dodging of the point I had re: iamausername to instead launch a fail-attack at me.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ Mod: Rufflig is voting bv310, not Surye.

Ninja'd.

Nexus wrote:Oh, nice ad hom there.

Squirm some more.

Common misconceptions about Ad hominem (Wikipedia)

Do yourself a favour, read that.

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Why would the prescence of other incarnations of the Doctor in this game mean that specifically the 10th Doctor makes more sense as a scum or fake claim?

The doctor is such a powerful and innocent role that it doesn't seem very likely but if there were more than one doctor then it would probably be more likely that one is scum or a fake claim. The fact that he claimed the 10th doctor instead of just The Doctor supports this.

I'm talking about
specifically the 10th Doctor
. Why did you say that specifically the 10th doctor made sense as a scum or fake claim?

Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then
it would make more sense if
the 10th doctor
is scum or a fake claim.
Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Zang wrote:
Hoppster wrote:This may sound weird, but could you read what Rufflig said again and then answer it again for me please?

Why? I already answered it.

So are you going to read it again and answer it again or not? Either don't answer it again or do.

bv310 wrote:I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

You can start.

Rufflig: There are 4 days until deadline. Your vote puts bv310 at a mighty L-6.

Do you have the intention of running bv310 up to the 3rd claim of the day?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

SnakePlissken wrote:Hoppster peaks my interest because he's leaning so town, it makes me think that, that's what he wants us to think, if that makes any sense. I'm always wary of a very town leaning player until they can be confirmed.

Am I the only player leaning town for you?

Personally, I have little experience with mass claims, but from what I've read in MD then theoretically I suppose it would be a good idea to mass claim now (with a scum roleblocker gone).

VOTE: CMAR

pappums was scum, CMAR is scum, etc.

pappums' Snake vote still bothers me. Looking through CES' ISO, although it is admittedly out of context, he is quite quick to hop from the Snake wagon to the Ant wagon then back to the Snake wagon.

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Scum: Snake, Ant, Zang

I would expect at least one of his scumbuddies to be on here. Leaning towards Snake.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Hoppster »

aVOTE: No Lynch
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

UNVOTE:

Zang and Snake, thoughts on the claim?

bv, why were you so eager to claim (first)?

Mod: V/LA Friday-Sunday (inclusive). Sorry for lack of notice.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Hoppster »

Zang: Do you still want to No Lynch? What's your bv read?

bv310 wrote:[Magna's] early play this game rubbed me the wrong way

I actually agree with this. There was something dodgy about him (or so I thought) but I didn't know what.

Popcorn to somebody else please.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Hoppster »

Zang, do you think that if bv was Mafia that his scum-team would have some sort of vig-shot (possibly 1-shot)?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

SnakePlissken wrote:This is getting close to stalemate. I agree with Zang's comments around the No Vote, however I can't shake the feeling we are being duped for the scum to get a free hit.

VOTE: Unvote

Snake, thoughts on:

a) bv's claim
b) Lynch vs No Lynch
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

You should be able to which I prefer from my posts.

I'll explain (what I think) and why after we hear back from Snake.

@ Ant: Top suspect?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Hoppster »

So, Zang, you definitely want a No Lynch?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Hoppster »

AAaaaah.

Zang, Surye, updated bv reads pronto. I know you've said/hinted your reads previously but I want them as of this post.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Hoppster »

SnakePlissken wrote:I get the logic, and with no other option as I think BV's claim is solid looks like

VOTE: No Lynch

Do you not see what's wrong with this?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Hoppster »

I have been trying to gently prod people into seeing sense, but it's not working.

We are
not
No Lynching today.

We are mass-claiming and lynching.

You either mass-claim or you lynch. Not a horrible mixture of both like we're doing at the moment.

Why not?

Well, this very situation we're in is a text-book example why not.

Surye wrote:I want scum to be shooting essentially blind. In this situation, the more information the town tries to get, the more likely scum can gain something useful.

See, the problem with this is:
scum aren't shooting blind in the faintest.

bv's un-CC'd claim for responsibility of MoI's death means that his role is confirmed, and I'm doubtful of a Mafia One-Shot Vig, and he is unlikely SK due to only one death yesterday (despite Doc and JK being dead).

This means he is town.

So, what happens if we No Lynch?

bv gets NK'd.

Are there any benefits?

No.

We don't have better odds of lynching scum: we're not lynching bv. His death does not make a shred of difference to the potential lynch-pool.

Are there any costs?

Yes.

In lylo (tomorrow), all town have to be right: with one wrong townie scum can pile onto the wagon for the win.

So we lynch today. Not a No Lynch.

jasonT1981 wrote:No lynch 3 - Zang, Surye, Snake (No Lynch -1)

AT LEAST one scum is on here, and I've got a feeling that both are.

SnakePlissken wrote:This is getting close to stalemate. I agree with Zang's comments around the No Vote, however I can't shake the feeling we are being duped for the scum to get a free hit.

VOTE: Unvote

This is a great way for scum to leave their options open and go with either lynch or No Lynch based on the general consensus.

Indeed:
SnakePlissken wrote:I get the logic, and with no other option as I think BV's claim is solid looks like

VOTE: No Lynch

This is a poor post.

Snake's making it seem like the only options are a bv lynch or a No Lynch - which is just wrong.

There are plenty of other good options.

Like a Snake lynch.

VOTE: SnakePlissken
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

Rose Tyler, VT.

Surye, why did you feel the need to breadcrumb your name?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye (emphasis mine) wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:Possibly, but possibly not. In my experience Scum will always breadcrumb early on to setup their fake claim. Town don't need to hide anything as they don't ave to lie their way out of situations. I'm still not entirely happy with Zang being Torchwood & vanilla. In fact there's way too many vanilla claims and Ant has been on for a while. Im going to stick with my initial reaction though.

I don't like this post for one reason, his vote did not end up on me. He also almost indirectly attacks me, with what I consider a better case than on Zang, but votes Zang.

Why would scum do that?
Attacking me too strongly brings his claim into question.
I know I didn't like the idea of him as scum before, but he wasn't confirmed, and this isn't helping. Would love for Ant to get in here...

^ This is a good post.

SnakePlissken wrote:So your saying that you want me to vote for you? I can do that, but my feeling currently is that The Doctors are the vanillas.

The Doctors are vanillas?

jasonT1981 wrote:
The Rufflig was he 11th Doctor, town Doctor. Killed night 1

SnakePlissken wrote:Also if Ant don't get in here soon, we may have to look at the lurker a bit more closely.

Mod is Ant due a prod?

Nice try at deflecting suspicion off yourself, scum.

bv310 wrote:If we mislynch today, we lose. We are No-Lynching. No-Lynching means I probably die, but we get one more night of PRs getting to do their work.

vote: No Lynch

As Zang said, Ant (possibly) aside, there are no PRs. We still lose if we mislynch tomorrow, and it's more dangerous then as only one townie needs to be wrong as opposed to two today.

What do we gain from leaving Snake-scum alive?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Hoppster »

SnakePlissken wrote:
The Doctors are vanillas?

I corrected myself in the following post. Way to mislead everyone Hop.

SnakePlissken wrote:
Scratch that just looked back at the VTs.

That makes no reference to the 11th Doctor being a Doctor.

SnakePlissken wrote:
Nice try at deflecting suspicion off yourself, scum.

What asking for a Prod is deflection?

Not that bit. This bit:
SnakePlissken wrote:Also if Ant don't get in here soon, we may have to look at the lurker a bit more closely.

But you knew that, didn't you.

SnakePlissken wrote:
We still lose if we mislynch tomorrow

So you want to lynch me and set yourself up for the loss. Genius move.

What?

SnakePlissken wrote:Makes me wonder if we are looking at actually a Hoppster/Ant scum team?

"Nice try at deflecting suspicion off yourself, scum."

You realise you're still voting Zang, right?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

PeregrineV: You are last to claim. Claim plz, and then we can lynch Snake-scum.

SnakePlissken wrote:In fact i'd rather you lynch me to get the game moving than have nothing going on.

Cool. Let's do that.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Hoppster »

:D

Thanks for modding, Jason. Enjoyed it (paticularly as I won! Squeeee!).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”