Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

AlmasterGM wrote:False. I am voting for scum and protecting town. What are YOU DOING?

And why are
you
voting for Chronos?

Looking at the claims and what we know Alma could well be scum.
Maybe he's really a scum doc. That he, contrary to AV and Moth, really used his super when said to have done so does not at all imply he's town. If he was scum about to die and if his super was really a protect he had all reason to use it, anyway.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

ooba at 2222 wrote:I do not oppose this lynch;

This is in regards to Gandalf

ooba at 2223 wrote:But all this conflicts with my town read on Gandalf - ya, I know I can be wrong but I was sure of it

These back to back posts don’t make sense. If you have a Town read on Gandalf that you are quite sure of you should definitely be opposed to his lynch.

My paranoia about ooba is rising.

ooba wrote:One of the reasons the Chess-AGM-Agar scum team made sense was because if there are two scum teams, most mods prefer to use symmetry i.e trying to balance them out in numbers and power .. Which is why I preferred 3-3 over any other combination

The one downside to your symmetry argument is that AGM as scum would mean very likely Town has NO protective roles (unless they lie languishing in the graveyard with either SnowBunny or Plum). I honestly don’t see a set-up that has two scum protective roles and zero Town protective roles.

--

Shadow wrote:Looking at the claims and what we know Alma could well be scum.
Maybe he's really a scum doc. That he, contrary to AV and Moth, really used his super when said to have done so does not at all imply he's town. If he was scum about to die and if his super was really a protect he had all reason to use it, anyway.

I understand your thoughts be read my response to a similar ooba post above. AGM-scum pretty much requires Town to have no defending roles. I don’t see that as a very strong likelihood.

--

Gandalf wrote:And actually, that would be a horrible Cop philosophy, and you saying it would be a good one contradicts YET AGAIN with you earlier in the game saying that you should cop people who are going to be a powerful force for town.

No, you have no idea what you are talking about. Copping hard to read players is absolutely win. [REDACTED] proves it.

Gandalf wrote:MoI is NOT playing like town MoI, btw. He's getting far too irritated.

Here’s a fun exercise – how do you know how Town MoI plays via direct experience? Please provide links so we can discuss why your meta isn't valid.

Gandalf wrote:Look at how many people died without claiming and tell me again that that proves he's town. Not to mention it could easily be a scum role causing it.......

Cognitive Dissonance Alert – Whoop whoop whooop

Gandalf has spent the better part of this day yelling “there is no reason Town couldn’t have double Powers” in reaction to his Execution ability being called scummy. Yet look at the reaction when someone else makes an argument that LC’s power is Town based.

1. Too many people are dead and didn’t counterclaim.
2. It could easily be a scum role causing it.

He’s picking and choosing his arguments based on what suits him. Not based on a logical assessment.

--

Gemini’s soft call out of me as scum in 2225 and subsequent back-track in 2229 is scummy. Furthermore note 2229 – when directly asked who is scum by Shadow they dodge and weave about giving any reads other than Gandalf, the leading wagon.

Gemini wrote:It just raised my hackles in this post when he suddenly got so worried about our double vote. He seemed to be implying that now that we have a double vote, we need to die so he can live longer. I would sacrifice myself for the town to get a real advantage, but I'm not so pleased to do it just so a hated townie can live one day longer.
[/quote]

Oh, so suggesting you (who I have as possible lurking scum and a good fit for a Gandalf partner) would be a better lynch than myself (who I know is 100% Town) when I’m not a MYLO liability (as said post discussed) is scummy? I want to be clear on your thought process.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:False. I am voting for scum and protecting town. What are YOU DOING?

And why are
you
voting for Chronos?

WOOOOSH ... I'm voting for gandalf.

And like I have said REPEATEDLY: The scum are within: LC, Nacho, gandalf, and chesskid. ooba has kindly given us a road map of how we can analyze flips from this pool to get alignments on the other. So I do not get what you are whining about.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:26 am

Post by LordChronos »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:

And why are
you
voting for Chronos?

WOOOOSH ... I'm voting for gandalf.

And like I have said REPEATEDLY: The scum are within: LC, Nacho, gandalf, and chesskid. ooba has kindly given us a road map of how we can analyze flips from this pool to get alignments on the other. So I do not get what you are whining about.

And as I have asked you repeatedly: Why are these people scum? You are blathering on about the scum being within these four people but never provide anything whatsoever to back it up.

@gandalf

Axel plays a game a year here, not total.

He also just brought up an interesting point re: botched fakeclaim argument. All three of the fakeclaims we have seen had the same gender as the actual roles of AV/moth/Dekes. AV claimed Athena and flipped Bastet, moth/ConSpiracy claimed Hestia and flipped Isis, and Dekes claimed Apollo and flipped Ra. That reduces the likelihood that gandalf is scum based on that argument. Doesn't lessen the validity of the other arguments against him though.

Also, Nacho has been just as silent in our QT as he has been in thread.
I'm a talking computer.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:37 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:How is he out there? He's got the most unprovable claim that has ever existed........... and if I were making that claim, regardless of alignment, I would probably phrase it like that.

You can't even tell a god from a godess :P
Why are you so focussed on LC? I mean, if you really believe in your kill-redirect hypothesis you'd check chess for scum now, right?

Yes, they're clearly both scum. But there is the MINOR possibility that chess had something happen to his ability. LC is scum. No matter what, because no scumteam would kill that useless of a player, especially considering that so many people wanted to lynch him.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Gandalf has spent the better part of this day yelling “there is no reason Town couldn’t have double Powers” in reaction to his Execution ability being called scummy. Yet look at the reaction when someone else makes an argument that LC’s power is Town based.

1. Too many people are dead and didn’t counterclaim.
2. It could easily be a scum role causing it.

He’s picking and choosing his arguments based on what suits him. Not based on a logical assessment.

I don't see how the two contradict each other. I'm simply saying it's a possibility(that becomes a certainty because LC IS CONFIRMED SCUM). You're acting like it's a certainty(based on........ oh right, nothing at all. When the contradiction is coming from CONFIRMED SCUM FOR CHRISSAKES).
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am

gandalf5166 wrote:I don't see how the two contradict each other. I'm simply saying it's a possibility(that becomes a certainty because LC IS CONFIRMED SCUM). You're acting like it's a certainty(based on........ oh right, nothing at all. When the contradiction is coming from CONFIRMED SCUM FOR CHRISSAKES).

How is LC 'confirmed Scum' again? I mean aside from your word ... which I have every reason NOT to trust.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

gandalf5166 wrote:You can't even tell a god from a godess :P
Why are you so focussed on LC? I mean, if you really believe in your kill-redirect hypothesis you'd check chess for scum now, right?

Yes, they're clearly both scum. But there is the MINOR possibility that chess had something happen to his ability. LC is scum. No matter what, because no scumteam would kill that useless of a player, especially considering that so many people wanted to lynch him.[/quote]
You're really grasping at straws, aren't you O_o
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I just realized that if I'm scum, LC COULD be town. But that's literally the only way. So any votes need to be on me or LC. Nacho and SD, as of last VC, were voting for ooba(I'm too lazy to see if they switched their votes). And I vaguely remember somebody voting for chess. Stop dicking around. ONE OF US IS SCUM

PEDIT: SD, how is that grasping for straws? Once again: ONE OF ME OR LC IS SCUM. That is for CERTAIN. Chess is on the side, as a "This person is almost certainly scum barring shenanigans". The main thing is that I don't really understand WHY chess would stick his neck out like that, essentially turning this into a 2 for 1.

On that note: It just occurred to me that my lynch doesn't really matter so long as chess and LC die after I do. Just PLEASE don't let them live after I die.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

And you hold that you don't take no drugs?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 am

Post by ooba »

Wait this doesn't make sense .. Why are you making this a 1vs1 on you and LC? I'll deal with just facts here ..
- Night one we had two kills : "Turned to Sand" + "Castrated"

- Night two we had just one kill: "Castrated" on Axel
- You claim to have redirected LC to Axel
- Chess claims to have blocked LC
- LC claims that his normal death-QT to SB failed

There are many possibilities; Why are you focusing on just one:
a) LC actually made the kill for the "Castrated" team on somebody; You redirected him; Chess is lying scum with LC
Why this is not true: Two scum would never reveal themselves this way. Chess would have bussed the hell out of LC.
b) "Castrated" kill was actually made by somebody else on Axel. LC was blocked by chess.
Why this makes sense:
- Went through Axel's ISO. 337 lists AV & mothrax as town reads. Plus you also get the feeling he wasn't sold on mothrax; could have been misconstrued as a scum-partner to mothrax when you're reading after D2 flips. So overall, a decent choice for anyone wanting to make an-anti egyptian shot ..
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

B is not possible. If there are two scumteams, they know that the Egyptians are dead.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

Dekes was still alive when Axel was killed.

Also, scum wouldn't necessarily know that the Egyptians were all dead even after that from a neutral PoV, though they would know if it was 3/3 set-up from a scum PoV. Sooo ye.

One point against B is that it's silly to try for a cross-kill when your main opposition is town rather than scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:One point against B is that it's silly to try for a cross-kill when your main opposition is town rather than scum.
While I agree with this in theory, In practice, you tend to get very paranoid as scum about the other team killing you so it always becomes a hunt for the other team.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 am

Blah blah blah ... setup speculation ... blah blah blah.

Gandalf seriously needs the rope. Deadline is not looking like it will be extended for Mr. Replace in and V/LA.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Gandalf seriously needs the rope. Deadline is not looking like it will be extended for
Mr. Replace in and V/LA
scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

Post by ooba »

I was just going through Gandalf's ISO when I noticed this
Opening Page wrote:
The
"mafia" faction is compromised of a foreign Gods and/or Goddesses.
So I talk about two scum teams and base most of my scum hunting on that and NOBODY tells me that the opening page hints at a single Mafia faction. (Use of the word "The") - I'm getting it confirmed by the mod ..
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Charon »

Deadline extension is fine by me. 2 days sound fine? No more than 3 though.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 am

Post by ooba »

Charon wrote:Deadline extension is fine by me. 2 days sound fine? No more than 3 though.

@Mod:
If you can confirm that the "The" here is correct - I do not think we need an extension :)
Opening Page wrote:The "mafia" faction is compromised of a foreign Gods and/or Goddesses. All players are either Gods or Goddesses.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

Post by ooba »

MoI, I really do not know if gandalf can be a Redirector SK but overall I have a town read on him. And the SK can be analyzed tomorrow (more info) since I KNOW LC is the last egyptian .. (and No, I am claiming role based info - more the confidence in my read)

Barely talks about\talks to\mentions any of the egyptians D1
- In fact, he has a whopping 2 posts in D1 (out of 18): 318, 320. He talks to mothrax.
- He never mentions Dekes or AV on D1
D2 behaviour
- Similarly Dekes interaction only once before Cons is determined to be sure scum - 1205
- Also would like to point out that he wanted to go Lynch2 on AGM, gandalf & Axel (Compare this with Mothrax who wanted to go Lynch2 on Gandalf and me)
- 1474 - He doesn't like mothrax but look at this in the same post - "I suppose one reason to go for AGM over Axel or mothrax is to avoid forcing out yet another claim."

Waiting for confirmation from mod still but this won't change anything -
Unvote. Vote: LC

Also, SD - once we receive confirmation on that - I would like you to clear you JK target now - It might be able to clear that person tomorrow if we know "Casterated=SK" by tomorrow's kill ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 am

Post by ooba »

Also, on the SK - these two are obviously not SK ..
13. MagnaofIllusion - Hated townie is a insta-loss claim for a SK
4. Nachomamma8 AGar
I think that mothrax\Dekes weren't lying about roleblocking Agar. Since N1 kill went through he cannot be SK.

Which leaves
2. Chronopie
5. Shadow Dancer
7. Iecerint
11. Gemini (mockingjaye + Katy hydra)
12. AlmasterGM RangeroftheNorth
15. gandalf5166
20. chesskid3

Now I'm really curious to confirm what exactly Nacho has on SD.

@Mod:
Request deadline extension till Nacho comes back. No purpose in someone replacing and then being V\LA for 6 days when deadline is pending. If deadline cannot be extended by so many days, I request replacement for the slot.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

not sk lololol
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Several games have a similar rule........ They're referring to the main mafia faction........

@ooba: IF Charon does confirm this...... Don't forget that AV not being castrated N1 means that SD cannot be SK either..........
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

ooba wrote:
@Mod:
Request deadline extension till Nacho comes back. No purpose in someone replacing and then being V\LA for 6 days when deadline is pending. If deadline cannot be extended by so many days, I request replacement for the slot.

QFT

@ ooba -- Not sure why AGar can't be the SK?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Charon wrote:Deadline extension is fine by me. 2 days sound fine? No more than 3 though.

Anything is fine as long as you get Nacho arse in here to play the game!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”