Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Succession conflict?

I smell a spiritual sequel...
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 6:04 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Chronopie wrote:Succession conflict?

I smell a spiritual sequel...

No, it's literally Succession 2 >.>
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

Amrun wrote:
Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital

MAFIA
Mafia Goon

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Doctor

TOWN
Doctors

Vanilla Townies

Special Mechanics:
~If 2 or more Doctors (including the Mafia Doctor) target the same person, that person dies.

The race for Chief of Surgery is on at Happy Sunshine Hospital. All the top doctors are gunning for the job and everyone is on edge. Recently, there has been a string of deaths at Happy Sunshine. The patients are nervous and the staff is frantic. The patients don't want to be next and the doctors don't want to be blamed for the deaths. Can the culprits be found before the hospital's reputation is compromised?

6 pre-/ins accepted (5 available). Near the bottom of the Open Queue.

4 Pre-/ins left!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Coming this July to the Open Queue:

In lands now lost to the sands of time
Arrives only pilgrims seeking the divine
Though amidst them, evil plots its crime…
Murder, through poisoned bread and tainted wine

Pilgrimage Pillage
: A Faith Plus One Open Game with a generic (read: nonspecific to era to avoid needlessly pissing people off) holy land flavor
Moderator: DarthYoshi. Magua has kindly agreed to backup mod me in case I get raptured.

The setup:

3 Mafia Goons
2 Town-aligned Faith Healers
1 Town-aligned Sane Alignment Cop
7 Vanilla Townies

Special mechanics:

-Both Faith Healers receive identical role PMs, and would simply flip “Town-aligned Faith Healer” upon death, but one’s protection is always 100% effective and the other’s is always 0% effective. Y'know, one of them having God on their side and whatnot. :P
-Exception to the above rule: if both Faith Healers protect the same person on a given night, the protection is guaranteed to fail.

Day Start.

If you’re psyched enough to want to pre-/in, I’ve got room for 5 more, so PM me. It’ll be epic.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by smargaret »

"Oh dear," Giles looked up from the heavy tome in his hands, an expression of mild alarm crossing his face. "I must find Buffy. They're going to try to open the Hellmouth again. We have to stop them."

Mod: smargaret
Backup Mod: Empking
Reviewers: ReaperCharlie, xRECKONERx, Empking
Players: 13
Experience: One completed game
Flavor knowledge: You should either have watched the TV show or be willing to spend some serious time on wikipedia.

I reserve the right to refuse players and to make jokes about girls who like to play with big sticks. PM me to pre-/in, sparkling vampires need not apply.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Africa

One of the last true meccas of natural wonder on earth. Hundreds of thousands of animals roam the plains in large herds, coexisting with one another as they have for generations upon end. It truely is a sight to behold, and an experience that will last a lifetime. In this world life is balanced ever so carefully, and one false move can spell death for not only yourselves, but for those around you. Tread softly, and be ever vigilant if you wish to survive this trip...

Bureaucratic announcement, for 24 player Africa predator-prey themed game. Yadda yadda, one month activity on site required with no mass flakings or MY determination of equivilant offsite experience. Pre-ins taken, game should start taking signups in a week etc etc.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:35 am

Post by hohum »

Once upon a time...

In the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects: all the different types of ponies.
But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon. She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night.

Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: The Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of The Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon.

But now... There is a new threat to the magical land of Equestria...

This will be a 14 player pony-themed game. I am accepting pre /ins over in the MD PONIEZ discussion thread at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=17580

Eligibility Rules:

1) You must have at least 1 completed game on site.
2) Persons known to flake from games may be denied entry.
3) Contrary to the theme selected, this is a game and mafia can be competitive, thus the moderation rules for this game will be rather lax. If you can't handle this, please don't /in
4) This game will be a shitpost-free zone. If you have a history of disruptive or trollish behavior in game threads, expect to be denied entry.

The Glue Factory

You job; gentleponies, is to find those amongst you that would drag you off to the glue factory.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:58 am

Post by hohum »

Seems faraday is already running this game, so meh, scratch it off the list.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 11:32 am

Post by InflatablePie »

By the middle of the 21st Century, organ failure had become a worldwide epidemic... But GeneCo was there to satisfy the need for organ replacements. The problem is, if you miss a payment, GeneCo sends out the Repo Man... and if he finds you... your time is up.

A game based around the steampunk-esque cult hit, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Repo! Mafia is a 13p Mini Theme modded by InflatablePie and co/backup-mod jmj3000. Flavor knowledge is recommended, but not required.

Coming very soon to the top of the Mini Theme queue - accepting /pre-ins!
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Kdub »

GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN. ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

15 years ago, the Second Impact: half the world's population was wiped out. Now, the Angels have returned...

Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia

Mod:
Kdub
Setup Reviewers:
Andrius, Empking, Korashk, Papa Zito

This will be a Large Theme game for 23 players. It will draw material from both the original anime series, as well as the Rebuild of Evangelion movies. Flavor knowledge may be helpful, but is not required. Due to the complexity of this game, I am going to require players to have completed at least one large theme or two mini themes before signing up.

Warning:
This is a fairly ambitious setup and is going to contain some non-standard role interactions/mechanics and will generally be swingy. There will be things in this game that would be considered bastard (although I will never directly lie to the players). Despite that, I have spent a lot of effort on designing and balancing this game, and I think it has the potential to be a lot of fun. Pre-ins are being accepted via PM.
Last edited by Kdub on Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Mortal Kombat Mafia

Type of Game:
Large Theme

Flavor:
The 6 Realms are once again threatened by evil forces. With more and more people against the survival of these realms, the Elder Gods once again create the Mortal Kombat tournament, forcing the heroes from each realm to step forward and defend their land. With many warriors coming from many different places, peace and stability must be defended.

Special Mechanics:

Mortal Kombat Mechanic
(instead of voting to lynch, you vote to Choose two Kombatants during the Day phase by majority vote. Once two combatants are chosen, only those two Kombatants may talk, but not vote. They both must fight for survival against the other Kombatant in a 1-on-1 mafia match. Everyone else does not talk, however, they vote until a majority has been reached. Once a majority has been reached, I will ask the winning Kombatant to FINISH HIM/HER. The winning Kombatant gets the last post and the losing Kombatant dies to a Stage Fatality, pre-set at the beginning of the day. Night phase begins after.

Players:

Experience:
Mariposa Peak Mafia (Mini Normal), demonhybrids mafia game of fun amazingness, for real (Open Game), Mafia on Werewolf Island! (Large Normal)

Backup/Co-Mod:
Pending...

Reviewers:
singersigner, Faraday, Kdub

Required experience:

-All players must have been playing mafia on this (or any other mod-approved) website for 1 month.
-I require one game to be finished (Newbie or Otherwise) and a history of non-flaking/non-constant replacing.
-Must be on good standing with the Moderator. I reserve the right to deny anyone the ability to play in this game due to the discipline needed during the special mechanics.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Entered into the Mini Theme Queue (instead of my Pilgrimage Pillage game, which was nixed when I took over modding a different game)...

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia!

: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator
: Magua
Setup Reviewer
: Empking

Players
: 13
Pre-/in's left
: 5, so PM me to reserve your spot!
Requirements
:
-At least one completed non-Newbie MafiaScum game without being replaced or modkilled.
-Not be on my or Magua’s personal blacklists.

Setup and Flavor:
This is a closed setup based on the television series “Community.” It is the end-of-year game of Paintball Assassin! Greendale students have run out of paintballs...but you've got plenty of rope for lynching! You have my guarantee of no cults, jesters, survivors, or otherwise bastard modding. Flavor knowledge is recommended, but not required. Both major and minor characters will be present.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Nexus »

Artemis Fowl Mafia

Moderator: Nexus
Backup Mod: Faraday
Reviewers: Faraday and Equinox

Players: 13
Pre-in's left: 5. Feel free to PM me.
Requirements: Not to be a douchebag. Preferably one game experience on site. I reserve the right to reject you if I think you're an ass.

Setup and Flavour: Closed set up with bastardised flavour based around the first two Artemis Fowl books (Artemis Fowl, and Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident). Minor and major characters are in the game. Flavour knowledge would be helpful, but not essential. There are no cults, jesters or otherwise bastard modding. I promise.
Trans rights are human rights.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia pre-/in's are now full. Thank you to all those who signed up! I'll PM you to confirm when the game nears the top of the queue.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Amrun »

DY, can you post the pre-/ins?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

A man hung suspended above the floor in the hallway by a crude sort of javelin. Not that this was of any importance to the entourage that swept ceremoniously past. One of the secretaries trailing behind like a desperate imp quickly noted that a replacement was needed in the adjacent test chamber.

Finally upon reaching one of the larger set of doors on the left, the party stopped its procession and filed into the doorway.
The room was one of the several command modules that overlooked the core test chambers, those that were important to the cause. Such as x679.

Coincidentally, they were here because of that very chamber. Its last run was successful, although the subjects that produced those results had been reassigned to other, lesser known chambers. At least that was the official story for the rank and file.
Now those results were going to be put to test, as another batch of elite subjects had been passed through the rigorous entrance experiments and was prepared for their purpose.

The lead Judge removed the vial from within his cloak and inserted it into the receptor. Turning his gaze upward he noted the strict quality of the subjects as they adhered to every command issued as they prepared, so strikingly similar to their predecessors. Time would only tell which would be the betrayers this time. Until then, let us see what this new power is capable of.

Thus begins the Second Cyclic Experiment.

Moderator:
Kunkstar7.
Backup Moderator:
Robocopter87.

All moderation will be done through the account The Eruci.

Game Information:

• 25 Players.
  • This is a
    Closed
    Setup.
  • Continued use of the "Cyclic" Mechanic featured in Cyclic Experimentation Set x01. Each Phase you may use your abilities and then you must pass them on to other players of your choosing. So make sure you are confident in your town reads!
  • No Cult / Jesters / Survivors / Alignment Alterations.

Signup Requirements:
You must have completed a total of two games on site and capable of handling a Large Game and a changing environment.

/Pre-ins are available, numbering currently at 12.
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Any Band U-Pick

From the mod who brought you 00s Band Mafia and 90s Band Mafia comes
Any Band U-Pick Mafia
! How it works:

Once I get a full playerlist, I will randomize names into a draft order. You will all submit a band you would like to be. If there are any conflicting bands, the person highest on the draft order will get the band they chose and those lower will have to choose again. There are
no requirements
for the band you choose, as long as they
actually exist
. The band you choose will not effect your alignment (those will be randomized) but I get the Power Roles from the songs the band sings (Example: Know Your Enemy by Green Day was cop in 00s Band Mafia).

The game will be flavor heavy, but it is only for fun! Relevant lyrics to one of your band's songs will be posted along with flavor after your lynch or death, as seen in 00s Band Mafia. This game will
not have any alignment-altering roles
(you end with the same wincon you started with) and will
not contain Jesters
. There is no bastard modding in this game! To see the remaining number of pre /ins, simply check my signature. If there are some left, PM me to pre/ in.

Mod:
Slaxx
Backup Mod:
Faraday
Number of Players:
Requirements (1 of 3):

-My specific approval
-To have participated in either 90s Band Mafia or 00s Band Mafia
-To have 4 or more
on site
games completed. Not taking any off site games. Hydras are forbidden.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Coming soon to a Large Theme Queue near you... brought to you by popular demand...

Mind Screw Mafia 5

"
Agent Orange here... infiltration complete... data retrieved... relaying now...
"

Ah, good. The missing files on the experimentation into alternate reality travel, including the map of radiant coordinates. Now we can input the correct value into the machine and proceed for the glory of the world Communist revolution...

DISCONTINUITY

Okay. Where the hell am I? And what the hell is going on this time around?

Let's take stock here. I was at the festival, trying not to think about some of the things that have been weighing on my head lately. I go to bed, preparing for the worst... and then I'm here, in this simulacrum of the world I knew. The clearest sign that something was off was the sky. It's colored with all the colors of the rainbow, and there are two suns in it. It's like something out of some science fiction thing - but either I'm hallucinating or it's all too real...

I wander out into the middle of the village. I don't see anyone I recognize in town, but I do see people. And... not people that act like people. Four or five, at least, and they look as confused as I am. Maybe it has something to do with the chalkboard that appeared over where one of the shops used to be - it has a list of names on it, which is in a foreign language but I can still read it, and beneath it there's a smudged section that says something about "with <smudged> alive it is <smudged> to lynch".

Maybe that has something to do with the noose I see hanging from a post near the store.

Wait, a noose? Don't tell me it's happening again after all...

Maybe the people over at the clinic can help...

Wait, what the hell happened to the clinic? There's a "Nyarlathotep's Used Tentacle and Tesseract Emporium" building standing where it should be... wait, tentacles - RUN!

Okay, I seem to have outraced the tentacles. I think I'd better look for help. I wonder if any of my friends are here.

My best friend doesn't seem to be home at the moment, so I'll check her old house... wait, what's that? A body? People gathered around and demanding vengeance and the extermination of traitors?

I guess it really is happening again after all. Even this insanity could not change Fate. I'll watch them, maybe even join in for a bit. After all, it's just to pass time until the end of the world.

Moderator:
Tarhalindur
Moderator Experience:
Legacy of the Ancients Mafia, Mind Screw Mafia 3, etc.
Backup Moderator:
UncertainKitten
Backup Moderator Experience:
Insane Asylum II, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Mafia, etc.
Reviewers:
UncertainKitten, [REDACTED], ??? (Your name could be here! PM if interested)
Players:
21?
Pre-/in Slots Remaining:
All full at the moment, sorry.
Current Pre-/ins:
Haylen, RayFrost, Maemuki, Xalxe, MehPlusRawr, Seraphim, Starbuck, Katsuki
Closed Setup
(and how!)
Player Requirements:

- IC status (three months on site, five completed games, nobody that will scream for your head if I bring you into the game, not on my personal blacklist) or equivalent experience offsite (subject to moderator approval)
- At least one completed theme game with either unusual roles or unusual mechanics.
- I reserve the right to reject players for any reason if I feel that it is necessary.
- Special Requirement: I am reserving a number of slots in this game for players who have never played in a game in the Mind Screw series before. This number will not be less than 5 and will not be greater than 10.

Special Notes:

- This is a Mind Screw game, and therefore a Tarhalindur game. UncertainKitten is the backup mod. While I have targeted a level of complexity more reminiscent of the Mind Screw Mini Themes than the Mind Screw large themes... you have been warned.
- The only thing I can confirm about the rules is that <0>: The first rule is that I cannot tell you any of the other rules.
- There may be Cults and similar roles in the setup. However, I will guarantee that there is no role in the game that can force you to lose your original win condition.
- There may be Survivors in the game. However, there will be no role in the game for which survival to endgame is the only win condition.
- There may be Jesters in the game. However, there is no chance that a Jester lynch will result in a lone Jester victory, and there will be no role in the game for which getting lynched is the sole win condition.
- There is at least one role in the game that has the possibility of being nominated for a Scummy that you wouldn't think this game would make you eligible for.
- When you have innovation, gimmicks lose their appeal. This may or may not be important.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Johoohno »

I'm going to mod another
Swift speed werewolves
game. Its signum is the short days (only 4 rl days) and that there isn't a separate night phase, but the night choices are sent in before the daydeadline/lynch, whichever comes first. (And the flavor is werewolves.)

Approximate date for sign-up
: June 25
Size
: Mini theme, 13 players
Backstory found
: SSW I, SSW II, SSW III
Required reading
: Rules from earlier game
Pre-ins
: Accepted (5 spots available)

If you want to pre-in to this game you need to send me a PM where you make me certain you've understood the day length and night choice rules, by paraprhasing them back to me.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

Tarhalindur wrote: Even this insanity could not change
Fate

I wasn't aware he was playing.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen at Harrowmog.

It wasn't a premonition, or at least I don't think it was; it was just this horrible feeling that settled in the pit of my belly as Mother Berae and I ambled on toward that great city, home to the god Aeltor himself. For several hours, I kept this ill feeling to myself; perhaps it was just one of those "changes" Mother Berae mentioned recently that happened to twelve year-old girls like me. Eventually, my inner pain must've betrayed itself in my countenance, for Mother Berae suddenly pulled me over to the side of the road, took me by the shoulders, and looked me in the eyes.

"Are you okay, Cassandra?" she inquired.

"I'm okay," I replied meekly, but apparently not enough to fool her aged cunning.

"What's wrong, child?" she wanted to know. "Please, be honest with me."

"Well, I don't know. I doubt it's that important..."

"Anything could be important."

I sighed. "I just have this bad feeling, that's all."

Mother Berae raised an eyebrow. "What about?"

"It was about Harrowmog--I just can't help but think something terrible is going to happen to that city. Soon."

"Like a rock nestled in the depth of your gut?"

I blinked. "Yes..."

Mother Berae closed her eyes and began to murmur words in that language she called "Old Tongue." She'd never taught it to me, but she seemed very fluent in it...and she most often used it when she felt disturbed or distressed.

"Mother Berae..." I brought my hands to her shoulders. "Is everything all right?"

She looked up at me and smiled; but I could see the tears hiding in her eyes. "It's all right, child. We need to keep moving, now."

We briefly embraced, and then we resumed walking down the hard, dusty dirt road. The heat of the late morning sun was starting to make its presence known, and my woolen tunic itched something terrible. Mother Berae and I rarely came down from our mountain abode, and when we did, it was only to get something from the little village at the mountain's foot. Now she was taking me to Harrowmog, capital city of Frekkasi and the largest port city in the known world, and she wouldn't even tell me the reason why we were going there.

That was why I didn't ask her to share her thoughts with me; she would give no answer until she decided it was time for me to know it. But just from the behavioral slips I'd noticed, it seemed reasonable to conclude that our business in Harrowmog would not be pleasant.

One help us,
I prayed silently.
One help us all...

SaintKerrigan announces:

Currently planning on a 16-player game, features of which include:
- The revamped return of the
Sleep Cycle
and the
Item and Inventory System
from the original
Descent into Chaos
- The use of a
Character Creation System
, which not only will allow players to shape what their game role is, but will also allow them to have a say in who their flavor character is.
- The use of a
Combat Mechanic
to replace the standard lynch.
- The use of a
Quad-Phase Game Day
, the total length of which is twelve real-life days.
- The inclusion of top-notch flavor (as always).

UPDATE: ON HOLD INDEFINITELY DUE TO REAL LIFE ISSUES
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Magua »

Announcer:
Hey, you!

Wimpy Voice:
Me?

Announcer:
Yeah, you! Aren't you always so tired of being a Vanilla Townie? Nothing to do at night but wait for the mafia to come and shoot you?

Wimpy Voice:
Um....yeah. I guess. I mean, yes, yes I am!

Announcer:
Then you need to log onto
The Marketplace
!

Wimpy Voice:
The Marketplace
?

Announcer:
The Marketplace
! The one-stop shop for all of your lynching and night action needs! Registration is easy, and the next thing you know, you can be the street savvy cop who nails the mafia cold...

Strong Voice:
My investigations are airtight. FallGuy1 is the mafia!
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
...the brave doctor who saves your fellow townspeople from death...

Strong Voice:
No, I won't let you die! Stay with me! Stay with me! We'll see the dawn together!
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
...or the dark and mysterious vigilante who takes matters in their own hands...

Strong Voice:
FallGuy1...I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum. [gunshot]
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
Don't hesitate! Hurry now, and logon to
The Marketplace
! Have your credit card ready, and you too can be the hero of your town! Let's hear what other real life people just like you have had to say about
The Marketplace
!

Faraday wrote:People love buying stuff! You'll get a bunch of female scummers signing up for this if you sell it as 'mafia with shopping'

Andrius wrote:My gut reaction was eww...After awhile though, I do like it.

Announcer:
The Marketplace
!

Legal Voice:
Examples outlined in advertisement assumes that no one bids against you. Good luck with that. Legal statutes require us to disclose that we also allow the mafia to bid on these auctions, and they may not want any townspeople up to and including you conducting any cop investigations at all. Amount of money earned in game is tied to a deterministic formula and not your actual worth as a mafia player or as a human being. Game does not represent a true capitalistic environment and you will receive no bonuses nor raises for being correct nor efficient. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final. This supersedes all previous notices.

Game Type:
13 player Mini Theme
Moderator:
Magua
Backup Moderator:
Andrius
Reviewed By:
Andrius, Faraday
Special Mechanics:
Each player has some starting money and a rate at which they earn money; all powers are sold via anonymous auctions that occur throughout the game
The Promise:
No cults, no jesters
Player Requirements:
At least two games completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Coming mid-to-late June! PM me to pre-/in!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Amrun »

SaintKerrigan, do you know when in the summer your game will be in signups?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

*GASP!* SK, are you back?!?
Does that mean Red vs. Blue mafia is going to happen?
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Amrun wrote:SaintKerrigan, do you know when in the summer your game will be in signups?

My target is late June to early July. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen...

Ant_to_th_max wrote:Does that mean Red vs. Blue mafia is going to happen?

Red vs. Blue Mafia is going to happen, but I wouldn't expect it before the start of DiC II.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS

Return to “Queue”