ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:41 am

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

LynchMePls (2)
- Nexus, Locke Lamora
MagnaofIllusion (7)
- Setael, DrippingGoofball, LynchMePls, Hinduragi, SpyreX, Kast, Bilbo Baggins
DrippingGoofball (2)
- MagnaofIllusion, Magua
SaintKerrigan (6)
- Empking, Lost Butterfly, AlmasterGM, vezokpiraka, Benmage, Maemuki
Lost Butterfly (3)
- hasdgfas, SaintKerrigan, Thor665

Not Voting (0)
-
Nil

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Empking »

Benmage is town. His thinking is exactly the same as mine.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't really like Andrius' first post at all, long post that...doesn't have a lot of meat to it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Faraday wrote:I don't really like Andrius' first post at all, long post that...doesn't have a lot of meat to it.

I agree Faraday. Btw you're awesome!

~Min-

Never mind >_>
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

Phew ....plum has a lot of words. I can't wait for Mina to post.

Yes Faraday!!! Its all been you thus far hasn't it!

So quick pause. I'm loving post 109.

To recap MoIs crappy accusations towards the voters on the lmp wagon:
1. Spy is correct in that those votes looked like whimsical w/e votes.
2. When reconsidering what MoI was actually suggesting I find he logic horridly flawed while also strengthening the idea that MoI scum could've been preparing for dead partner vezo scum.
--to further explain. Look at how lmp reacted to the votes on himself. He laughed at them. At the wagon. Saying he felt no pressure. It was an rvs wagon. Tis all. How often do rvs wagons end in a speedlynch???? (Not to mention the likelihood considering this badass playerlist which I will properly praise later)
----To conclude logic and most precedents tell us the rvs wagon is nothing and he wagonee will react in a manner like lmp did and end either null or maybe even somewhat town looking. THE point is scum
wouldn't be fearing a speedlynch. They wouldn't be fearing a rvs wagon on their partner.... they'd have zero reason to go out of their way to protect a partner from an rvs wagon. Therefore suggesting otherwise as MoI puts is scummy.

That may have been a badly spelled grammar incorrect rant. Phones suck and I need Togo to rugby practice. Peace
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

ya it's been all me, obv.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Bilbo Baggins wrote:Sooooo we're town for voting Cow? Making ol' NordIC gods belly-laugh? :P

Well, I might be MythIC, or, considering the way that thread works, I'll actually be a totally different thing that has nothing to do remotely with the initial thought at all by the time it's finished. It's interesting to watch the growth in action though.

Bilbo Baggins wrote:
Thor wrote:
MoI is not a good day 1 lynch,
even if you think he's scum.

Run this by me one more time. How does a scumlynch =/= a good lynch?
(Boldface mine.)

:neutral:

Okay, well at least you went into my answer a bit later, so I won't mock you totally on this one. But, seriously, there are a handful of players I just really don't consider solid Day 1 lynch options. If he's scum, look for a buddy and let's lynch the buddy. If he's alive Day 2 I'll be willing to start considering him. At the moment he is doing...well, his usual hyper logic with a few leaps I think are silly, but which overall looks like scumhunting, and I'd rather donk him around and make him explain some of the odd logic than run a serious wagon on him in any way, shape, or form. If you want to run a "lol, bad logic" wagon let's at least run up vezo or DGB or something because at least i could probably accept that as a good idea. This isn't.

Empking wrote:Benmage is town. His thinking is exactly the same as mine.

:?
Benmage just donked Vezo and MoI.
You're voting...SK? Am I missing something?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Setael »

Maemuki wrote:So, why, yes, seeing as there are a couple walls of text already, I am going to shamelessly jump on the SK wagon. The "I'm rusty as hell" card (like most cards) + very weird answers to questions (by the way, the rusty-card is considered one of the weird answers) isn't going to cut it. Sorry SK.

Not seeing this at all. "I haven't been around awhile and wanted to play longer with LMP," is a far cry from playing an "I'm rusty" card. Crap reason to join a wagon with momentum.

BilboPlum re: Mae wrote:Ping! There's so much packed in here it's amazing. A vote can either be shameless or supported by stuff, if you want to term them like that, but this uses the shameless card to play as carefree wind-in-my-hair Townie while nervously putting in a little 'this and this seems off' to justify jumping on. Using the fact that there have been wallposts to directly justify jumping on the SK wagon when there is a middle ground, after all, is shamelessly manipulative in pretending to be the helpful Townie in not posting too much. And the apology? There's no sincerity in the decision to have posted that apology (a sincere decision doesn't require a sincere apology - I mean that it looks inorganic as a part of the post).

Also, stop making connections, especially such vague ones. "Something going on" is a useful thing to say in case one of them looks like a more or less attractive target later on. And it is fake fake fake scumhunting, completely divorced from analysis of context.

I agree with this so hard.

I actually like Maemuki as scum better than MoI at this point. Especially after votes like this one:
Kast wrote:
Vote: MoI

Vezok is his sacrificial scum-bus-buddy he was prepping for later.

unvote, vote: Maemuki
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Thor665 wrote:Okay, well at least you went into my answer a bit later, so I won't mock you totally on this one. But, seriously, there are a handful of players I just really don't consider solid Day 1 lynch options. If he's scum, look for a buddy and let's lynch the buddy. If he's alive Day 2 I'll be willing to start considering him. At the moment he is doing...well, his usual hyper logic with a few leaps I think are silly, but which overall looks like scumhunting, and I'd rather donk him around and make him explain some of the odd logic than run a serious wagon on him in any way, shape, or form. If you want to run a "lol, bad logic" wagon let's at least run up vezo or DGB or something because at least i could probably accept that as a good idea. This isn't.

No. No no and no. If MoI is under heavy suspicion, and he is right now, we
especially
cannot buy into the hope that if we're wrong about him he'll end up dead by Day 2. Making assumptions about who's scum and trying to find buddies based off that Day 1 is a shot in the dark - seriously I would doubt that it's better than random, because without flips making connections is completely counterproductive, can be manipulated too much by scum in the mix to count on as stable ground for scumhunting, and worst of all can be used to manipulate and confuse scumhunting and lynch options into the rest of the game. It is not the cornerstone on which to base your Day 1 lynch. It is a bad idea. If you have one strong scum suspect on Day 1, you lynch him. You do not search around and hope to find his buddy and lynch the buddy instead and leave the one who garnered the suspicion alive on the assumption that he may be Town. If the suspect is lynched and does flip Town, there's information to be gleaned from Day 1. If a hypothetical buddy is lynched Day 1, we might be right back where we started Day 2 with the original suspect and have muddied and highly manipulable and downright useless Day 1 information.

Day 1 is partly about setting up information states for the rest of the game. Not going after the best suspects, whether or not the suspect is considered a strong suspect or not, is laying the foundation on quicksand
because
it treats the game as though we have more and stabler information than we actually do.

That's so horribad I just CANNOT. Okay.

If you don't suspect MoI, fine. But if any player here strongly suspects MoI, Thor's approach is
not
optimal.

A bit more later; I need to go.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

EBWOP:

- Plum
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, but non eof you dill donkeys suspect him yet, all we've got is LOL...(insert some sort of case here, if one has been made I don't know what it is). Seriously? You're voting MoI with no case on Day 1 to get him to...crack? Yeah, that wouldn't work on me, or on half a dozen players probably in this game. If I'm missing the case feel free to clue me in, but the current wagon sucks except that maybe desperate scum may be on it if MoI is town. Whoop-dee-doo on that being very useful to us Day 2.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Okay, well at least you went into my answer a bit later, so I won't mock you totally on this one. But, seriously, there are a handful of players I just really don't consider solid Day 1 lynch options. If he's scum, look for a buddy and let's lynch the buddy. If he's alive Day 2 I'll be willing to start considering him. At the moment he is doing...well, his usual hyper logic with a few leaps I think are silly, but which overall looks like scumhunting, and I'd rather donk him around and make him explain some of the odd logic than run a serious wagon on him in any way, shape, or form. If you want to run a "lol, bad logic" wagon let's at least run up vezo or DGB or something because at least i could probably accept that as a good idea. This isn't.

This is so cart before the horse I dont even.

And really if you're adamant for JUST RUN UP A BUDDY you offerin the rope? Because lol, bad logic sure as hell looks like it if you think THAT is the gist of whats going on.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I explained in the post right above your remarks what I thought was going on. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer - everyone with half a brain knows what this wagon is (unless I really am just an idiot missing a case - feel free to point me towards it).
It's a silly pressure wagon.
If MoI is scum he isn't going to break and start sobbing like a schoolgirl (that's Mina's job ;) )
If MoI is town we just lynched a solid protown player for the negligible gain of knowing some scum were probably salivating and dry humping this wagon. Whoo-hoo.

How about we get a Lost Butterfly vote for claiming the first voter on an RVS wagon that ballooned up unvoting the next time they post in thread is a scumtell because they weren't willing to stick by the wagon, and also for sheeping ruddy Empking reasoning. Seriously.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, shi- I forgot, I was talking to SPyrex.

HEY, SPYREX, I AM THE [CURSE WORD OF CHOICE]. THIS WAGON IS [CURSE WORD OF CHOICE] [2ND CURSE WORD OF CHOICE]ING JOIN ME ON IT AND WE WILL [3RD CURSE WORD OR GENERAL INVECTIVE]ING OWN![MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION MARKS].

There, now he'll sheep me.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Magua »

Each game, I find I love Thor more.

I have no useful ingame comments, just a song in my heart that yearns to be free.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Thor665 wrote:
How about we get a Lost Butterfly vote for claiming the first voter on an RVS wagon that ballooned up unvoting the next time they post in thread is a scumtell because they weren't willing to stick by the wagon, and also for sheeping ruddy Empking reasoning. Seriously.

'scumtell' no, scum motivation? fucking definitely. thank you, come again. they're like pretty obvscum by this stage anyway so I don't even know what you're talking about. too much skimming leads to bad reads i guess.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

actually i'm relatively sure thor hasn't read the game by this point, so nvr mind. #135 kinda gives that away.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

'scumtell' no, scum motivation? fucking definitely. thank you, come again. they're like pretty obvscum by this stage anyway so I don't even know what you're talking about. too much skimming leads to bad reads i guess.

"they"? Are you referring to SaintKerrigan?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

no.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

LMP/Sk are both scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Magua - I grow on people. Like a fungus.

@LB - I can think of multiple motivations with varying alignments for both players. Are you actually buying into Empking's "lol, SK is probably LMP's scumbuddy and got scaridy-cat about wagon strength" tell?
Also, if they're so obv. scum why are you dancing around with me instead of screaming at all the lack wits not noticing and wagoning other players? Last i checked Mina could run a mean train, and yet I don't hear a choo-choo, so...?

And, cute, now we're claiming my reads are so bad i must not be reading the game. Queue up the music for "Thor isn't playing as well as he should be" It's a popular song this year.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

SaintKerrigan (6) - Empking, Lost Butterfly, AlmasterGM, vezokpiraka, Benmage, Maemuki

GG thor.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

PRETTY MEAN TRAIN AINT IT. GUESS I DON'T NEED MINA AFTER ALL TO GET A WAGON.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Bleh, fair point.
your screaming death clan technique is weaker than mine though - you need more exclamation points and expletives.

Though that MoI wagon is bigger - thoughts of your top competition?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hey now apparently I dont even have half a brain I need all the capital letters to play because I can't read little ones. Its a condition.

Or, if you will:

If your gonna play makeout fight on someone because they're sooo town they absolutely shouldn't be lynched D1 one would think you would be
the most critical
of bad logic. Because that SHOULD ring as a klaxon.

Of course, that isn't even the case. Bad logic is bad logic isn't always a scum. Its about belief.

Not connecting the dots between his first THAR BE
DRAGONS
SCUM and DGB is scum isn't a product of bad logic. Its because he doesn't believe what he's saying. That is the important part.

LB wrote:actually i'm relatively sure thor hasn't read the game by this point, so nvr mind. #135 kinda gives that away.

He's skimmed enough he knows whats going on. Lol, bad logic is testament to that.

But while I have your ear why you gotta hate up ins.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”