monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by monk »

I will have a proper read and look for tells and stuff in a minute, a bit busy through Uni work and stuff
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Secret Project wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:I will be unable to reach a computer until maybe the 5th or possibly sixth, because of a math competition, I will catch up as quickly as possible.

would you replace her on these grounds? Idk. Find some grounds to replace her on. Christ.

Her being a VI isn't an excuse for you to be an an ass to her. She's a kid, for pete's sake. I don't know about you, but I was a serious tool when I was a kid. Yeah, Jily isn't playing well, but this is out-of-bounds.

Secret Project wrote:Anyway, ignoring Ironhead. My vote's on him and staying there for now.

You're going to ignore the player who you are implicitly claiming is your strongest scumread? Huh?!

Secret Project wrote:I wanna say Alduskkel is town but I'll be wary of buddying

So you're fine with risking being seen as buddying up to me by calling me your favorite, but you don't want to risk being seen as buddying up to Alduskkel. Why?

@Alduskkel: You see Gerhard's derp vote on Jily as a scumtell and not a town tell, why?

weirdalex wrote:Semi-serious was the wrong wording for it. More like 'the best suspect I can get for now'

So it was a vote for the sake of having a vote out? Or am I missing something?
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Secret Project and jill look clean to me due to their respective roles/reactions to that debacle of jill’s posting. Krew comes off as paranoid when mentioning gambits and just a little bit scummy in his dealing with jill, since it seems like a pretty obvious case to me.

I also am erring on the side of SecretProject in his ongoing, if a little tiring, argument with Ironhead.

Gerhard’s vote on jill is EASILY the scummiest thing I’ve seen so far. I had to stop myself from doing a drive-by vote of him earlier when I was reading over the thread in between school work. Now that I’ve had time to read fully and think, it still feels like his post was a “jump into thread, find the easiest case, and jump onto that lynch” without looking at the thread in depth. Why? Because scum don’t have the burden of looking for scum and therefore don’t have to look at the thread in depth. His excuse/explanation post does nothing to placate these concerns of mine.

Vote: Gerhard
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

DarthYoshi wrote:
Secret Project wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:I will be unable to reach a computer until maybe the 5th or possibly sixth, because of a math competition, I will catch up as quickly as possible.

would you replace her on these grounds? Idk. Find some grounds to replace her on. Christ.

Her being a VI isn't an excuse for you to be an an ass to her. She's a kid, for pete's sake. I don't know about you, but I was a serious tool when I was a kid. Yeah, Jily isn't playing well, but this is out-of-bounds.

Secret Project wrote:Anyway, ignoring Ironhead. My vote's on him and staying there for now.

You're going to ignore the player who you are implicitly claiming is your strongest scumread? Huh?!

Secret Project wrote:I wanna say Alduskkel is town but I'll be wary of buddying

So you're fine with risking being seen as buddying up to me by calling me your favorite, but you don't want to risk being seen as buddying up to Alduskkel. Why?

@Alduskkel: You see Gerhard's derp vote on Jily as a scumtell and not a town tell, why?

weirdalex wrote:Semi-serious was the wrong wording for it. More like 'the best suspect I can get for now'

So it was a vote for the sake of having a vote out? Or am I missing something?

I meant his buddying to me. I'm not gonna think he's town just because he's buddying me.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Can I just say something? I'm polite, because that's the way I was and am brought up. I'm sorry, I hope my politeness doesn't offend you too much.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Secret Project »

jilynne1991 wrote:Can I just say something? I'm polite, because that's the way I was and am brought up. I'm sorry, I hope my politeness doesn't offend you too much.

Ok. Now how about just saying something relevant to the game?
evilpacman18 and MrBump hydra account
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

evilpacman18 wrote:
I meant his buddying to me. I'm not gonna think he's town just because he's buddying me.

Thank you for clarifying, evilpacman18. :P
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Secret Project »

DarthYoshi wrote:
evilpacman18 wrote:

It's frikkin hard to remember when you've never played as a hydra before.
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Secret Project »

As for ignoring Ironhead, it was necessary because I'd already made my point, he's been digging his own grave, and if I kept going on him I'd just end up questioning his intelligence in the rudest ways possible. Like I don't wanna be a jackass and jil is already pissing me off enough for me to be. I don't wanna insult anybody else. Doesn't do anything for the game.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Secret Project wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:
evilpacman18 wrote:

It's frikkin hard to remember when you've never played as a hydra before.

Oh, I know, I've done it too. Just some good-natured ribbing. :)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Remembering which account to post on is easy as long as you aren't Faraday.
To be clear: quack
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

LOLZ, really?

Please tell me you did that for the irony.
WormyKrew
WormyKrew
Townie
WormyKrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by WormyKrew »

Yes, yes I did.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Ironhead »

Secret Project wrote:Oh Ironhead, u so silleh. I fail to see in what reality attacking us for not scumhunting makes sense.

This is an Appeal to Ridicule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule wrote:This is a rhetorical tactic that mocks an opponent's argument, attempting to inspire an emotional reaction (
making it a type of appeal to emotion
) in the audience

As the bolded phrase above shows, if it is an Appeal to Ridicule it is an Appeal to Emotion.
Secret Project wrote:We always use Appeal to Emotion as a scum tell.

And according to Secret Project, Appeal to Emotion is a scum tell.

Care to condescend to defend yourself, Secret Project?
WormyKrew
WormyKrew
Townie
WormyKrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by WormyKrew »

He's not AtEing. He's made a legitimate case on you, and is holding his tongue from insulting you. You need to get better at OMGUSing.
~Krew
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Ironhead »

WormyKrew wrote:He's not AtEing. He's made a legitimate case on you, and is holding his tongue from insulting you. You need to get better at OMGUSing.
~Krew

I just demonstrated how it is an Appeal to Emotion in a very simple proof. If you re going to refute this, then demonstrate how he is not AtEing.
WormyKrew
WormyKrew
Townie
WormyKrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by WormyKrew »

Because he IS scumhunting. And you aren't. I believe this is an Appeal to Contradiction?
Reads in a bit.
~Krew
WormyKrew
WormyKrew
Townie
WormyKrew
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by WormyKrew »

READ POST!!!

Town-
DarthYoshi
Jilynne1991
Alduskkel
Secretproject

Null-
Elsa
Thewayitends
Monk
Flinter

Scum-
Splitfarvle (mainly for a complete lack of goodposting at all. His iso smacks of active lurking)
Weirdalex (I personally had him at null until he was questioned by darthyoshi about his vote on jily. Bad defense is bad.)
Gerhard (super, super scummy post and not helping the town at all)
Ironhead (our vote)

-ear-
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Secret Project »

I could to the trademark "BUMP/MARILL RAEG" here, but I'm not going to bother because I really don't get what Ironhead's supposedly getting at. As far as I can tell, he's attacked us for a point we made on him, said stuff out of context about us not scumhunting and is now arguing more on the point made on him. As far as his attack on scumhunting goes, I guess you could call that Appeal to... Something, anyway:

Ironhead wrote:Secret Project's
faux
scum-hunting so far:

Ironhead wrote:To press the point on Secret Project's scum-hunting; his level of aggression is fine, as it would certainly produce pressure on scum.

Now, I know the next part of the point attacks how we "appear" as big scumhunters. However, the first one really does suggest that we aren't scumhunting at all. As scum, you have to twist the truth, but in such a way you can fall back on it like here. Look at these lines:

Ironhead wrote:It appears to me that Secret Project is being overly aggressive

Ironhead wrote:his level of aggression is fine

There's so much contradiction to his point it's striking. To be honest, the second post screams "scum backpedalling", hence the "his level of aggression is fine, as it would certainly produce pressure on scum". Then he brings up this:

Ironhead wrote:But he is far too indiscriminate -- if everyone is a suspect, then no one is a suspect.

A completely DIFFERENT point which was the most pathetic excuse for a slip I've ever seen in his original post on us is now a main point in the
scumhunting
? What?

Also, Pac, I advise being a little nicer to Jil. We are all friends, right? Even if we
are
trying to kill each other, but y'know. That said:
jilynne1991 wrote:Can I just say something? I'm polite, because that's the way I was and am brought up. I'm sorry, I hope my politeness doesn't offend you too much.

AtE all over.
After a quick read of another game jilynne is in, she does overuse the pleasantries and act newby in that game too, so I assume that's her normal play. But why did you sign up for so many games if you haven't played a Newbie game yet?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Current Votecount: Post 193
6/3/11 3:01 am PST
D 1.4

wierdalexv 2 Darth Yoshi, TheWayItEnds
splitfarvie 0
Elsa von Spielburg 0
Gerhard Krause 2 Alduskkel, Elsa Von Spielburg
jilynne1991 1 Gerhard Krause
TheWayItEnds 0
DarthYoshi 2 Alduskkel, Monk
monk 0
Secret Project 1 Ironhead
Ironhead 2 Secret Project, WormyKrew
Alduskkel 0
flinter 0
WormyKrew 1 splitfarvie,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Not Voting: jilynne1991, flinter, Wiredalexv

Deadline is at 12:09pm PST, on June 21st.

Three things:
1. Stop (when possible) posting on the wrong accounts :) I understand an occasional slip but in the future I'll "snip" any posts made by either hydra account if posted on the wrong account.
2. Flinter has requested replacement and I will begin searching for one as soon as I wake up tomorrow.
3. Jil's V/LA until the 6th of June has been noted.
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Secret Project »

Ironhead wrote:
Secret Project wrote:Oh Ironhead, u so silleh. I fail to see in what reality attacking us for not scumhunting makes sense.

This is an Appeal to Ridicule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule wrote:This is a rhetorical tactic that mocks an opponent's argument, attempting to inspire an emotional reaction (
making it a type of appeal to emotion
) in the audience

As the bolded phrase above shows, if it is an Appeal to Ridicule it is an Appeal to Emotion.
Secret Project wrote:We always use Appeal to Emotion as a scum tell.

And according to Secret Project, Appeal to Emotion is a scum tell.

Care to condescend to defend yourself, Secret Project?

No, because you didn't listen the last time I said AtE isn't a scum tell in every context.
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Secret Project »

Also, I've seen people tunnel people. I've never seen people tunnel arguments. This is new.
Secret Project
Secret Project
Goon
Secret Project
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Secret Project »

Secret Project wrote:

Marill <3

More votes on Ironhead now, please.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Ironhead »

WormyKrew wrote:Because he IS scumhunting. And you aren't. I believe this is an Appeal to Contradiction?
Reads in a bit.
~Krew

This is a bizarre response. The issue of whether or not he is scumhunting is separate from the issue of whether or not he is AtEing. I contend that he is not scumhunting effectively, and he has AtE'd. Your response to this is no, he has not AtE'd (post #189)
because
he is scumhunting (post #191). This is a non-sequitur. And your defense of Secret Project seems to me to be unnecessary.

And what the heck is an Appeal to Contradiction? Did you just make that up?

Secret Project wrote:

There's so much contradiction to his point it's striking. To be honest, the second post screams "scum backpedalling", hence the "his level of aggression is fine, as it would certainly produce pressure on scum". Then he brings up this:

Ironhead wrote:But he is far too indiscriminate -- if everyone is a suspect, then no one is a suspect.

A completely DIFFERENT point which was the most pathetic excuse for a slip I've ever seen in his original post on us is now a main point in the
scumhunting
? What?

You just answered your own point; in the first summation, I note that on the whole you are overly aggressive. On the second quote, I note that your level of aggression is fine,
but
you are too indiscriminate. You separated the second and third parts into two different quotes, and then incorrectly identified the third part as a "completely DIFFERENT point" when in fact it clearly linked to the second point. I thought it was pretty obvious that the third part ("far too indiscriminate") was integral to the argument being made in the second part ("level of aggression is fine") -- especially as he left out the clause linking the two parts: "his level of aggression is fine,
as it would certainly produce pressure on scum
. But he is far too indiscriminate...."

By leaving out that part, he built a straw-man argument by severing the second and third parts of the quote. I have now leveled justified accusations of Appealing to Emotion and Straw Man argumentation. I think these are enough to justify putting more votes on him. I also think Krew ought to let Secret Project defend himself, and not leap to his defense with faulty argumentation of his own.

Secret Project wrote:No, because you didn't listen the last time I said AtE isn't a scum tell in every context.

I tried to listen when you brought this point up (post #149). In post #153 I asked you to point out where you told Krew that AtE isn't a scum tell in every context, because I couldn't find it on this board. Could you please point it out to me? I don't think it exists -- not on this board, at least.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:20 am

Post by monk »

Reads!!!!

Town:
Ironhead
Wormykrew
DarthYoshi
Secret Project

Scum:
wierdalexv
splitfarvle
Gerhard Krause
Alduskkel

null:
flinter
TheWayitEnds
Elsa

Jily:
Jily

Yes Jily gets her own special section. Notable mentions are as follows:
Gerhard voting alex for saying that he has a null read when we were only just moving out of RVS
Splitfarvle for accusing a hydra of being inconsistent, when the hydra has explained it's process
splitfarvle is the most sus in my mind so VOTE: splitfarvle
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”