ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Magua »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Why is it pointless? Have you absolutely determined our aligment? Do tell.

It's pointless because it's noise. It's a 3,000 word version of, "No, you're the scum." Actually, it's worse, because it's 100 words of LMP or LB saying, "You're the scum" and then you say "No you're the scum" and then another 100 words quoting someone saying "You're the scum" and then you say "No you're the scum."

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Also … you didn’t answer this. Please do so –

Roll that forward one iteration

1. You agree with AGM that Maemuki is scum.
2. Why are you still voting DGB? Do you have a stronger scum-read on DGB than Mae?

You're right. I didn't answer it because I stopped reading your posts.

Because I wanted to see if anyone would join on the DGB wagon -- particularly whether anyone else would want to be associated with the wagon that you were on instead of joining the SK/MoI wagons.

Now that you've left, that's pretty unlikely. So:
UNVOTE: DrippingGoofball
VOTE: Maemuki
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

LynchMePls (3)
- Nexus, Locke Lamora, MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion (6)
- DrippingGoofball, LynchMePls, Hinduragi, SpyreX, Kast, Bilbo Baggins
SaintKerrigan (6)
- Empking, Lost Butterfly, AlmasterGM, vezokpiraka, Benmage, Maemuki
Lost Butterfly (3)
- hasdgfas, SaintKerrigan, Thor665
Maemuki (2)
- Setael, Magua

Not Voting (0)
-
Nil

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Magua wrote:Because I wanted to see if anyone would join on the DGB wagon -- particularly whether anyone else would want to be associated with the wagon that you were on instead of joining the SK/MoI wagons.

What would you have concluded if my wagon had gotten sails?
What have you concluded given that the MoI wagon has swollen?
And how does not reading MoI's posts fit into that scheme?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Lost Butterfly wrote:hasdgfas: what does 'off' mean and off compared to where?? what games of mine are you referring to. we've never played together and you've modded me in one game. what games of mine have you read? you can feel free to keep waiting for mina, i'm sure she'll be much more pleasant but for the moment i'm posting and your case on me amounts to using rhetoric (which makes me think you don't have meta on me), me being difficult (once again, makes me think that your calling me 'off' is wrong) and...I don't remember the other point? sheeping? w/e.

hey hasdgfas and saintkerrigan, what do you think of LMP's 199 and then his #212 how well do they work together for you?

"off" means "this doesn't feel town, but I can't place my finger on what exactly I dislike about this".
And you're right, I don't have meta on you, but you're being overly difficult, which is not a town attitude, regardless of whether that's how you always play.
You also seem to be taking little snipes at people. It's like you're trying to be annoying.
I have to take another look at the game tonight, I've been distracted with job interviews the past two days, and maybe I'll see something different looking through the game again.

Are you sure it's 199 and 212?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 am

hasdgfas wrote:...but you're being overly difficult[...].
You also seem to be taking little snipes at people. It's like you're trying to be annoying.

That would be the dumbest, most counterproductive scum strategy EVA, don't you think?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Empking »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

That would be the dumbest, most counterproductive scum strategy EVA, don't you think?

Unless that's what he WANTS you to think!
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

LynchMePls wrote:
THIS IS A FUCKING LIE! I FOLLOWED UP AND YOU STILL REFUSED TO ANSWER.

[..]
DIAF LYING SCUM.

LynchMePls wrote:Ok Faraday. I can't wait for endgame to rub your face in this.

these two.

----

who would you say I'm 'sniping' at? as for 'not a protown attitude' well I'll just have to disagree. do you feel scum are more likely to be difficult or refuse to answer questions? I guess your analysis just seems a little lazy to me, like you're basically looking at my play on the surface and going 'I don't like that' and voting for me because you disagree with the manner i'm playing more than anything else.
I assumed by off you meant compared to previous games, fair enough then.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

like the more I read that the more to me it looks like lmp *knows* I'm going to flip town, does anyone else see it? I'm not going crazy here, why would you ever say that to someone you apparently think is scum?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

well, flip is the wrong word, but knows I am town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

That's a good point.

Unvote: Lost Butterfly
Vote: Maemuki

Reasoning - I dislike the big wagons.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

Not if you can use it to provoke players and then say 'oh you fakeraged last time as scum, haha you scumbag'. Because LB has been a bit too deliberate about inciting specific reactions he can use against LMP. I very very much mistrust it.

- Plum

Real full response to this whole chunk of thread to follow.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

Lost Butterfly wrote:well, flip is the wrong word, but knows I am town.

:?
Scum and Cult in this game... (though I'm of the opinion LMP isn't cult). Not sure I'm sold by that as a good tell just yet. Padding for future case, maybe, but not a viable tell now methinks.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 am

Bilbo Baggins wrote:Not if you can use it to provoke players and then say 'oh you fakeraged last time as scum, haha you scumbag'. Because LB has been a bit too deliberate about inciting specific reactions he can use against LMP. I very very much mistrust it.

Nah. Because you still call negative attention upon yourself, the last thing you try to do as scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:40 am

Furthermore, "you fakeraged!" is unlikely to steam up a wagon.

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Actually, LB, you're right. He couldn't rub it in your face if you were scum.

On another note, DGB is basically stating my reads for me. Seriously, everytime I read something and think "that guy's town", she says the same thing except in-thread. Though, I'm beginning to be wary about "Hey, that person has the same mindset as me when I read this so they must be town" because it's unusual for that to happen like this in a game. Then again, I haven't started a large theme as town before, only replaced into one where I had to skim a lot to catch up. Maybe that's it.

Thor wrote:Reasoning - I dislike the big wagons.

What don't you like?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Bilbo Baggins wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

Not if you can use it to provoke players and then say 'oh you fakeraged last time as scum, haha you scumbag'. Because LB has been a bit too deliberate about inciting specific reactions he can use against LMP. I very very much mistrust it.

oh yes I *definitely* provoked him and that 'strong reaction' (this is sarcasm). his rage came out of nowhere that's why it's very fake. but anyway this reactions thing is rather null for me i would think, it's a silly discussion.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:41 am

Hinduragi wrote:On another note, DGB is basically stating my reads for me.

All this means is that we need to hydra sometime.

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Hinduragi wrote:Actually, LB, you're right. He couldn't rub it in your face if you were scum.

so do you think that makes him scummy?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
THIS IS A FUCKING LIE! I FOLLOWED UP AND YOU STILL REFUSED TO ANSWER.

[..]
DIAF LYING SCUM.

LynchMePls wrote:Ok Faraday. I can't wait for endgame to rub your face in this.

these two.

----

Don't see an issue here. Seems like exactly what I'd expect. Angry person going "well I'll show
you
" and saying that he can taunt you in endgame. I've seen it before.

LB wrote:who would you say I'm 'sniping' at? as for 'not a protown attitude' well I'll just have to disagree. do you feel scum are more likely to be difficult or refuse to answer questions? I guess your analysis just seems a little lazy to me, like you're basically looking at my play on the surface and going 'I don't like that' and voting for me because you disagree with the manner i'm playing more than anything else.

That's what I'm afraid of, which is why I'm planning to reread tonight
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

hasdgfas wrote:

Don't see an issue here. Seems like exactly what I'd expect. Angry person going "well I'll show
you

'haha you were scum and you incorrectly guessed my alignment' is that what he plans on saying? you see how that makes zero sense? i wanted to discuss it with Mina more before doing anything, really, as I'm kinda omgus-y so i want to make sure I'm seeing things clearly.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Hinduragi »

DrippingHindus

That would be awesome.

Nah, Faraday, it could be his subconscious just changing his reads. For example, when I changed my read on you, I didn't really notice it until I started to think about it.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@LMP – You’ve continued to not directly answer this question. Stop dodging and answer it –

Question – Are you asserting that I am wrong in saying that there is likely to be a higher concentration of scum on YOUR wagon if Vezok is scum than if he is Town?

1) There has been no dodging. I've never seen the question asked. Perhaps before I didn't realize you were addressing the question to me?

2) Yes. For one, I see no reason why scum wouldn't join an RVS wagon on their buddy, especially when all he had was one vote. In fact, as my wagon built, I'd think that would be a prime time for scum to go "hey, why is Vezo not getting anything". Which is fascinating, since that is what you did.

On to other replies …

LMP wrote:When I said "caught" I meant "I've seen you do this before" not "I got him lynched as scum". I think context makes this perfectly plain.

Of course you do. But as shown in thread others seem to be taking my posts in all sorts of creative directions that I didn’t intend.

So if others are misunderstanding you then you feel fine in intentionally misrepresenting what I'm saying?

LMP wrote:So if I've only seen you do something once as scum, and I've never seen you do it as town, I'm not allowed to draw a conclusion from it?

Not if you want it to be a credible conclusion. You are basically saying “Hey this one time out of his 50+ games MoI did something that tangentially resembles something he did when he was scum”.

I disagree. I think bringing up behavior you've done in the past as scum and is directly relatable to behavior you are engaging in this game is worth mentioning.

LMP wrote:If your argument is that its a small sample size, then I disagree as I've played plenty of games with town-MOI and never seen you do this. Thus I've only seen you make statements like this when you are scum. If your argument is that it only happened once as either town or scum and thus isn't enough data to make it a conclusive scum-tell, then you may have an argument there.

Yeah, that’s it in a nutshell.

But indulge me … list all the games where you have directly experienced MoI Town. I can only come up with 3 off the top of my head and don’t want to Wiki stalk. In two of those games I died N1.

Why is "directly experienced" a requirement? I read games I don't play, and I'm sure you have too. However, here you go:

LMP wrote:But note that you are only making this argument now after I've pushed you on it. Your natural response was "HAHA YOU NEVER VOTED ME IN THAT GAME", which was an attempt to discredit my argument by means other than countering the logic it was based on.

This is so circular logic it hurts.

1. You specifically asked me to respond in a meanful manner. I do and now you try to assert it’s scummy. Way to establish a damned if you do, damned if you don't
2. My ‘natural’ response while being bombarded by crap attacks from all sides is scummy? Sorry I didn’t have 45 minutes to an hour to sit down and properly respond to your one point that wasn’t strong to being with. You aren't a special snowflake who deserves extra attention.

You are trying to twist this. The fact is that rather than attack my logic you setup a strawman ("OH, YOU NEVER CAUGHT ME! YOU NEVER VOTED ME IN THAT GAME").

LMP wrote:I've already done this. The belittling shot was the "oh ya, if you caught me then why did I live to LYLO and you never voted me once".

You are absolutely stretching with this. If I had called your moronic for brining up that invalid point I could see you making this argument. But I didn’t.

You were trying to imply that my argument was bad because I didn't vote you that game. As if to imply that because I didn't vote you, I had no merit. In other words "Don't listen to LMP, I totally snowed him that game".

LMP wrote:Your implication is that I shouldn't be listened to because I didn't get you lynched in that game.

Hold the horse Tex. My implication? You were the one just dismissing my point that your were originally implying something with a wave of the “in context it is plain” flag. My implication was that your assertion was crappy and invalid. Which it is.

No its not.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hinduragi wrote:
Thor wrote:Reasoning - I dislike the big wagons.

What don't you like?

:?
Iso me.
Also, stop skimming. i can do it because I have charming wit and a handsome beard, but it's my schtick - you can't have it.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:47 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Lost Butterfly wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:

you

'haha you were scum and you incorrectly guessed my alignment' is that what he plans on saying? you see how that makes zero sense? i wanted to discuss it with Mina more before doing anything, really, as I'm kinda omgus-y so i want to make sure I'm seeing things clearly.

I see how it makes no sense, but I also completely understand town doing it. It turns into wanting to be "right" more than caring about alignment, which is silly, but all too common.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »