chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm not a retard
if LC were scum going down i woudl not be tying myeslf to him jesus I GO TO PRINCETON
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by ooba »

Your reads look good.
- But I'm pretty sure chess-LC are not scum together this game.
- On AGM, the only thing I have is a bit of paranoia about the claim - AV was going to go down anyway and flip "Bastet, Egyptian Goddess of Protection and Cats" - so claiming doc saying "Hey AV's already scum doc - I can't be" .. On the other hand, he did not side either way in Axel-mothrax and SD said he used his super before that night so it's just the paranoia ..

Regarding the setup spec on SK, you're wrong that it's an egyptian because the rules change clearly indicate that someone from the Greek pantheon is evil and hence SK.
OP wrote:All town-aligned players are part of the Greek Pantheon, but not all members of the Greek Pantheon may be town-aligned. The "mafia" faction is compromised of a foreign Gods and/or Goddesses. All players are either Gods or Goddesses.

Was searching for possible castrators amongst Hera, Hephaestus when I came across this ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus
wiki wrote:When Uranus met with Gaia, Cronus attacked him with the sickle castrating him

So this guy is obviously our SK .. Since it fits - part of the Greek pantheon but definitely evil and has it in for all of us .. (Looking back, Andy's " I watched Percy Jackson" was a clue since Cronus is the main villain there; After all I think it's been a year since the movie released)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by ooba »

Back to SK hunting

Nacho - I think that mothrax\Dekes weren't lying about roleblocking Agar. Since N1 kill went through he cannot be SK.
SD - Redirected to AV on N1
- I am also willing bet that Hades\Poseidon cannot be a Cronus fakeclaim ..

Iecerint - Redirected to AGM by Gandalf on N1
LC - Blocked by chess N2

Which leaves {Chronopie, Gemini, AlmasterGM, gandalf5166, chesskid3, MagnaofIllusion}
- Also I stick to my earlier point - an SK definitely has an olympian fakeclaim ..

Which means one of {Gemini, chesskid3, MagnaofIllusion}

Gemini SK paranoia

- Given that the zeus counter was a rolecop in the last Greek Mythology game, Gemini uses a rolecop the day after Zeus dies

Magna SK
paranoia
(It's no longer paranoia here - he's the SK)

- Magna (Hephaestus) gives Iece a zeus bolt the day after Zeus dies
-
Iece, can you confirm the timing of when you got the item? Did you get it immediately after day start or was there a delay?

- I don't like the fact that he calls alternate SK wincon discussion fluff; After all if all he has to do is kill Hades, Zeus, Poseidon for the win .. then we cannot clear him for the Hated townie claim
- And "scum hit SK bulletproof?" - seriously?? Why attribute something to the protective roles when we can cause paranoia?
- Also implicating chess-SD by "oh Chronopie was double-vote blocked. One of them is scum"

I do not think chess is the SK.

And no people, I am not doing this because I want to protect my so-called scumbuddy Gandalf - there is a good chance I might be killed today (Protective role and am thinking about the game) - so want to get it all out so that before day ends ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by ooba »

Gemini, what is the name of your Super called?
MoI, what is your super?
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

chesskid3 wrote:I'm not a retard
if LC were scum going down i woudl not be tying myeslf to him jesus I GO TO PRINCETON

That obviously doesn't prevent you to make stupid WIFOMy stnaces like this one...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Gemini wrote:We didn't withhold anything. Katy reread the pm yesterday and pointed it out to me in the QT at the time she brought it up in the thread. We've been debating the set-up for a couple of days, with me being pretty adamant there are two teams. I was convinced Gandalf was actually Loki and that he was the key to cracking the second team. Katy was arguing there wasn't enough information to prove there was more than one and that most of the Norse stuff was speculation. She was worried about ooba, and when he suddenly switched gears mid-stream and "discovered" that there was only one team, it occurred to her to look at the pm again to see if there was more information there.

Uh. Oh. Claims like these... I am pretty sure the setup specs were going on for quite a while... I really need to reread this day a bit...
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba wrote:[...]and SD said he used his super before that night so it's just the paranoia ..

To avoid misunderstandings concerning my claim - my super worked collectively at night (I got one PM telling me who used their supers during that night) and (more or less, depending on mod online times) real time during the day. I received confirmation of Alma using his super the same day when he claimed to have used it. I cannot at all say what that super was, though, but since he could not know about my super it's very unlikely a feint - and as to Magna's point, it's unlikely that he is lying scum or not even a doc because that would leave town mostly without protective roles (aside from my rather double edged jailkeep) to deal with a kill heavy setup.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba wrote:
Back to SK hunting

Nacho - I think that mothrax\Dekes weren't lying about roleblocking Agar. Since N1 kill went through he cannot be SK.

This then also implies that Agar/Nacho is town! If there's only one scum faction and he is neither scum (wouldn't block their own kind) nor SK he must be town.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

ooba wrote:- I don't like the fact that he calls alternate SK wincon discussion fluff; After all if all he has to do is kill Hades, Zeus, Poseidon for the win .. then we cannot clear him for the Hated townie claim

And this is were your speculations break down in agony - if that were the case I wouldn't have survived N1.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by ooba »

Shadow Dancer wrote:
ooba wrote:- I don't like the fact that he calls alternate SK wincon discussion fluff; After all if all he has to do is kill Hades, Zeus, Poseidon for the win .. then we cannot clear him for the Hated townie claim

And this is were your speculations break down in agony - if that were the case I wouldn't have survived N1.

On D1, people were saying you could be a possible SK .. Why kill someone who is possible SK mislynch fodder? If needed, I could always keep you as the last kill .. (You were confirmed only on N1)

We have only two days to go on but note that the SK avoided AGM(Doc),Iece (Most confirmed town status),Gandalf(Redirector),Chess(Roleblocker) as a nightkill on N2 to go after an unknown who people were suspicious about (Axel) .. Note all these are damn dangerous roles to a possible SK .. The fact that he left them and went after somebody else
- Implies some other agenda other than last man standing
- Implies that person had a sufficiently townie status that he was confident people wouldn't redirect\block\JK him ..
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:27 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

If I was part of any killing agenda and in the situation where I had role claimed but no doc would likely protect me (which was more or less my N1 status), an SK would not miss that blank shot for a 2 in 19 chance to hit one of his other targets... Sorry, I agree that there could be a hidden secondary win condition, but this is not it.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:43 am

Post by ooba »

Shadow Dancer wrote:If I was part of any killing agenda and in the situation where I had role claimed but no doc would likely protect me (which was more or less my N1 status), an SK would not miss that blank shot for a 2 in 19 chance to hit one of his other targets... Sorry, I agree that there could be a hidden secondary win condition, but this is not it.

Kronos contacted Luke in his dreams and manipulated him to his cause, ordering him to steal the
Master Bolt
and the
Helm of Darkness
, the legendary weapons of
Zeus and Hades
, respectively, which would start a civil war amongst the Gods.

Hmm maybe you're not that important then .. But find that hard to believe ..

Just went through reactions to your claim ..
- Magna wasn't there immediately so he reach only after Agar came up. Backed off.
- Chess pushed for your lynch *hard* saying you were scum ..
- Gemini seems to first push the scummy angle, then back off
I'll go through ISOs of each ..
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Iecerint »

I received it at day start. Specifically, I received it in the same PM that had my Ecstasy results.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

So for your theory to be correct, it would have to be that Charon extended night to allow MoI to give said item to me.

I think your proposed set-up is unnecessarily complicated. Also, it's worth mentioning that the "counter" mechanic was explained in the rule-set of the previous game.

Hephaestus makes the lightning bolts for Zeus in flavor IIRC. He's also a hated god in flavor. I don't think Cronos makes since as someone with the same abilities. Also, MoI has already softclaimed other abilities, so it will become clear that they aren't just a function of killing people.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:19 am

Post by ooba »

Iecerint wrote:I received it at day start. Specifically, I received it in the same PM that had my Ecstasy results.
Yeah this reduces my paranoia about MoI .. Plus he also opposed a name claim at start of the day one ..
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:16 am

Post by quadz08 »

I find MoI-SK highly unlikely, personally. That read was pretty odd, ooba.

Also, gandalf is the lynch today, I say again. Nothing more to add than what's already been presented.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:42 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I still think ooba is scummy, but PoE said he wasn't scum. Now that chess isn't necessarily scum, I'm torn as to whether him or ooba is a better fit for that last slot. I'd probably say ooba, because two RBs on the same team is WTF.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 am

Post by chesskid3 »

die die die gandalf
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Some last minute distancing to ooba by gand?
To state what I consider the major points against ooba yet again:
- he claimed messanger flavoured ability but completely ignored Baby's messanger super although he was posting multiple times between the claim and the confirmation.
- if his claim is true scum are by far the main profiteer from daytalk, his claimed powers are even scummier than wht gandalf has in his repertoire.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm back from my V/LA...

Will start my read tomorrow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Deadline is Monday night. Read quickly.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Charon »

The Official Vote Count

gandalf5166 [5]
- MagnaofIllusion, LordChronos, AlmasterGM, chesskid3, ooba
LordChronos [2]
- gandalf5166, Iecerint
ooba [2]
- Nachomamma8, Shadow Dancer

Not Voting [3]
- Gemini, Gemini, Chronopie

With 12 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Tuesday, June 7th, 2011, 10:00PM PST.

Magna is V/LA.
Chrono is LA.

As originally promised I'm willing to extend another day (max of 3 days) and I'm going to assume you're going to want it so I'll push deadline another day. That's it though.

Also, I (Andy) will be V/LA from 6/20 to 6/30 while traveling in Europe, so dana'll cover for me.
Prodding people if there are any who need it.
Let me know if I'm missing something...
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I will be V/LA tomorrow/today (Sunday) because I'm going to a concert out of the state.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by ooba »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Some last minute distancing to ooba by gand?
To state what I consider the major points against ooba yet again:
- he claimed messanger flavoured ability but completely ignored Baby's messanger super although he was posting multiple times between the claim and the confirmation.
- if his claim is true scum are by far the main profiteer from daytalk, his claimed powers are even scummier than wht gandalf has in his repertoire.
- Already addressed the first point here.
- So my ability is more useful to scum than the Nacho\LC\Plum QT + Dead QT thing we have going on. Doesn't make me scum.
Gandalf had an ability equivalent to a day-ending daykill and has a redirect. In no way are my powers comparable to his. And why even bring this up - are you suggesting we lynch me over Gandalf?

The major point as far as I can see is my preference for LC over gandalf because of my earlier town read on him, and subsequent flip-flopping.

In my eyes, I personally think this post alone towards the end of D1 proves I'm not Egyptian.

@Quadz,I never said we should lynch a SK probable over Gandalf today.
- Redirector-scum is dangerous.
- We'll have more info tomorrow
Just getting it out there in case I die. I've narrowed down the most probable SK to Gemini and chess as an outside chance.

@Iece, Have fun!
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by quadz08 »

ooba wrote:@Quadz,I never said we should lynch a SK probable over Gandalf today.

I... never said you did?

I doubt that ooba is scum, and the whole "DID NOT CC / REACT TO BS" is, well, pretty bs. He inferred that town would likely have QT(s), and BS' claim implied the ability to create them. Not odd that he didn't CC it.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”