ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Well I see unsurprisingly I've been pushed to L-1 while on vacation.

I hope collectively you are smart enough to allow me to give my assessment and reads before going through with this inane lynch.

And make no mistake it is an inane lynch.

There isn't any case that holds even the slightest amount of water out there.

Mostly just people budding up to DGB because she's 'fun' and a load of people more interested in not rocking the boat than critically thinking.

I will leave Town with one read since I'm not going to be vindictive and tell Town to rightfully Fuck Off since it would not ne in my win-cons best interest.

kast is scum. Look at his contribution to the game. Kast is a long winded player. look at any of his Town games. Yet here ne hops on my wagon with zero input. And has done nothing else.

No claim? You are scum that is pissed because he got caught with the wrong reasons.

If you were town you would've gave reads on everyone.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

Claim MoI. Why aren't you claiming?
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Nexus »

unvote
seriously, MoI, claim. If you don't claim in your next post, I will put you at L-1 again, and I don't care if someone hammers. In fact, I encourage it. Likewise, if someone else puts you at L-1, and you post again without claiming, I will hammer.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

LynchMePls (2)
- Locke Lamora, MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion (9)
- DrippingGoofball, LynchMePls, Hinduragi, SpyreX, Kast, Bilbo Baggins, vezokpiraka, hasdgfas, Benmage
SaintKerrigan (2)
- Lost Butterfly, Maemuki
Lost Butterfly (1)
- SaintKerrigan
Maemuki (2)
- Magua, Thor665
Magua (3)
- Setael, AlmasterGM, Empking

Not Voting (1)
- Nexus

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

SpyreX wrote:I'm gettin a little paranoid about something:

Is this just a general assumption about non-cult scum being in this game or am I bad at reading OP again?

And I'll guarantee from what I remember reading (cult no recruit until N2, pre-knowledge of a cult in this game) that this isn't a simple "cult leader" dancing party. Its probably more zombie-esque with multiple leaders at the beginning or some method to make sure D1-awesome lynch != GG.

Spy, a mafia faction has pretty much been confirmed by the flavor and OP.
I don't think there are multiple cult-leaders though. I think the delayed start is to prevent the cult from destroying too early in the game. An extra night = an extra cultist so it might have been a balance thing, you know?

Like in Succession Mafia I, the game was a night-start. Granted, none of the Cult Recruiters could have been investigated/killed N0, but it gave the cops (aka, me) an extra head-start on recruits.

Somehow Benmage's 1minute discrepancy between voting and then a "oh whoops he's L-1" doesn't read sincere. Not scummy, just not sincere. Though not reading is a problem.

Magua wrote:
So, yeah. Bilbo calling me the cult recruiter and not voting me is very odd. His follow up defense ("lynch him D2") isn't the place where warm fuzzies go. However, I'm not seeing the scum motivation for saying it either, from either a scum or cult mindset. So I've tossed it into the "weird but not actionable" bucket.

If you want warm fuzzies I suggest a teddy bear. Lynching isn't a warm-and-fuzzy business.

LMP wrote:It's not odd at all and the explanation makes perfect sense. The mod explicitly said cult cannot recruit until N2.

Exactly- the deadliest part of the cult is recruition, and since he can't do it tonight we might as well lynch a scumread (Read: Magna) over a CR read that is neutered until N2.

Thor
Thor wrote:I want to be on the record for being against this lynch,

Ok, but why is this so important?

Nope. Not moving my vote. Esp. not to Maemuki. If Magna were to suddenly roll over and die *coughcoughHasCowdosomething* I'd move right on to Faraday.

Thor wrote:Let's pretend i was really good at the game of Mafia (you'll have to work with me on this example )

Not too hard to do.

Thor wrote:
If you think I'm "scummy" you conclude that it's definitely not worth keeping me around to see my reads on Day 2? Even if you want to lynch me Day 2, and I flip town, I'll have served town better. Yeah, if I'm scum you bought me a day - consider it a 1:1 trade or something. I don't feel this is an off the wall concept I'm shopping here. Why don't you try to explain, strategically, why I'm wrong instead of just going "THOR DOESN"T WANT TO LYNCH SCUM!" Because...that's either not an argument and/or is strawman enough that it's not valid to sell me on anything.

10% isn't alot, first of all. Your reads D2 are going to be the same as the end of D1 minus a couple dead people (most likely)

Thor wrote:"THOR DOESN"T WANT TO LYNCH SCUM!"

I had trouble getting to the "thor doesn't think MoI is scum" bit. :oops:

Thor wrote:Yeah, if I'm scum you bought me a day - consider it a 1:1 trade or something.

Not really seeing this either. We get a mislynch, and a nightkill, on top of whatever PR you might have been. So its not a 1:1.

Magna, claim please. I'm sorry, but the tail end of this post just reads "try and look contrite".

-A
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Empking »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm leery of players that would vote a player over another for unsupported claims of "more likely to be CR."

Just vote scummy. Scummy is mafia, scummy is CR. We're lucky if we hit scum. CR would be nice, but distinguishing CR from mafia this on Day 1 is a pipe dream.

You're ignoring the fact that Magua and SK are around equal scumminess but part of SK's scumminess is the self-evident support she had from Mafia to avoid her lynch and drag MOI up.

Faraday: LMP is on the scummy side of null.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:43 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Hi, this is Mina, I'm still on V/LA, I have to head to work in the next five minutes, I haven't even read the middle few pages of the thread, and I still have no clue who's scum.

Nexus wrote:
unvote
seriously, MoI, claim. If you don't claim in your next post, I will put you at L-1 again, and I don't care if someone hammers. In fact, I encourage it. Likewise, if someone else puts you at L-1, and you post again without claiming, I will hammer.

I hate you. If you are town, I genuinely hate you right now.

Remember what lost the game for the town in ASOS? Premature claiming.

MoI is usually pretty hard to read, but seriously? The case on him is that he thought it was suspicious people were RVS-wagoning LMP over vezokpiraka. His reaction to being quick-wagoned also feels like Town Magna getting pissy over a wagon he doesn't think he deserves. NO FUCKING CLAIMING.

IF SOMEONE HAMMERS AT L-1, I AM CONSIDERING YOU CONFIRMED SCUM. DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE HAMMER RIGHT NOW.

But I took the liberty of ISO-ing you since I didn't actually read the middle chunk of the game. I just wanted to see what made you so convinced in MoI's guilt that you wanted a claim or quicklynch two days after the thread opened. First you basically try to follow the crowd and hop on LMP. Then:

Nexus wrote:Fuck you Faraday :P <3

Andy:
unvote
vote: MoI
Happy?

Seriously though, you guys need to stop being dicks to each other. It's not fun for the rest of us to read.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Vote count is seven for MoI at this point.

I'd understand if you were pulling a Reck/Katsuki/Parama in Psychic Mafia and tunneling like crazy. But you really don't seem to give a shit about the MoI case. You were wishy-washy, but nowhere near this useless in ASOS. I don't buy your call

MFHOS: Nexus

This would be a vote, but I'm a hydra. Consider this an official open letter to Faraday to
change
our vote to Nexus right now.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

unvote, vote nexus

who's a sexy hydra?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Nexus give me the bullet points on why MOI is scum, too.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Empking »

Mina: What's the difference between the reactions of town getting run up for reasons they don't agree with and scum getting run up for reasons they don't agree with? Why is MOI the former?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I don't think Magna needs to claim just yet, and hopefully not at all. He's not even at fucking L-1 thus there's no one who has the capabillity to hammer. Put your money where your mouth is nexus. 11 to lynch, you're so convinced you'll hammer without a claim, so it shouldn't matter, right? (spoiler: I don't think Nexus will hammer without a claim, posturing is what it looks like)

Emp: Mina can probably elaborate, but it's mostly a gut thing, I feel like Magna's reaction to the wagon has looked townie frustrated as opposed to scum frustrated too. Do you disagree?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Oh and V/la till tuesday!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Empking wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm leery of players that would vote a player over another for unsupported claims of "more likely to be CR."

Just vote scummy. Scummy is mafia, scummy is CR. We're lucky if we hit scum. CR would be nice, but distinguishing CR from mafia this on Day 1 is a pipe dream.

You're ignoring the fact that Magua and SK are around equal scumminess but part of SK's scumminess is the self-evident support she had from Mafia to avoid her lynch and drag MOI up.

Mind you, people that scream "CR" have an increased probability of being
mafia
. How 'bout that, pussycat?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lost Butterfly wrote:I don't think Magna needs to claim just yet, and hopefully not at all. He's not even at fucking L-1 thus there's no one who has the capabillity to hammer.

Someone said they would hammer. He was at L-1, and someone unvoted to avoid shenanigans.

Also - read my sig.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Empking »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Empking wrote:

Mind you, people that scream "CR" have an increased probability of being
mafia
. How 'bout that, pussycat?

*shrug*
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Nexus »

HI Mina, thanks for coming back from v/la and insulting me. Really motivates me to answer your questions.

So, I'm scummy for voting MoI at L-7, and now I'm scummy for stopping the possibility of a hammer without a claim? Alrighty then.

First off, I was asked to vote either MoI or your hydra. I considered MoI scummier. My vote would've gone to SK otherwise, but I thought the idea of the game was to lynch scum?

I think that MoI's outrage on the other page was very forced, and not town-outrage. He got really angry at Spyrex for pointing out his activity elsewhere, and imo a townie wouldn't get that pissed off.

Also re: Storm of Swords: iirc I was forced to claim, since I was at either L-1 or L-2 and people were willing to hammer. THE EXACT SAME SITUATION WE HAVE NOW. I didn't instigate the mass claim. If I hadn't have claimed I would've been lynched. How is this situation any different?

If your hydra doesn't agree with the MoI lynch, then do you believe it's mainly scum on it, and do you really think I'm the next best lynch? Or are you just voting me to get me to answer?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Nexus »

Mina: I unvoted to prevent a hammer without a claim. I gave him the option. Obviously, if noone else puts him at L-1, I won't hammer him.

I thought I'd give him the option to get back from v/la and claim, rather than taking that post as his last. If, now he's been asked to claim and he refuses, I will put him back at L-1. If someone else puts him at L-1, and he doesn't claim. I will hammer. I. Was. Making. Sure. He. Knew. The. Situation. If. He. Didn't. Claim. How much simpler can I put it for you?

If I didn't care about his claim, I would've just stayed on the wagon and kept quiet. At least I'm giving him the chance to change my mind.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Nexus »

Unless, of course, he comes up with this magical case on some other people which convinces me not to vote for him.

*sigh*

We can live in hope, eh?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nexus wrote:Unless, of course, he comes up with this magical case on some other people which convinces me not to vote for him.

*sigh*

We can live in hope, eh?

Unvote: Maemuki
Vote: Nexus

I can hang a hat here.

Seriously, Nexus, what the frell?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Setael »

Nexus wrote:First off, I was asked to vote either MoI or your hydra. I considered MoI scummier. My vote would've gone to SK otherwise, but I thought the idea of the game was to lynch scum?

This really bothers me, and it bothered me when you voted before. Now you're excusing your vote because a player asked you to, when supposedly you don't know that player's alignment.

I also hate the WIFOM you're using about why you unvoted. Scum are just as likely to do what you did in order to try to look townie (especially if they know the wagon is about to flip town), as they are to sit on the wagon and keep their mouth shut.

unvote, vote: Nexus
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Nexus »

I can't really explain my thought process any more clearly than I have, sorry. If you don't like it, then fair enough.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Setael »

Sure you can. (Maybe not the wifom, but you know, other stuff.) Here, maybe these questions will help.

What about Andy's play made you post this?
Andy:
unvote vote: MoI
Happy?

What did you find scummy about MoI and SK? Why are they the only 2 you were considering voting? Why did you choose MoI over SK?

Did you ever reread Magua? If so, what did you think?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Nexus wrote:
unvote

Unvote: Lost Butterfly
Vote: Nexus

Ok, this is just wrong. There is
no
reason to even
think
about hammering someone who isn't
100%
confirmed scum this early in the day, let alone try to force out a claim. I smell scum opportunism, here.

FoS: Bilbo Baggins

For the same reason.

I'm tempted to give vezok an FoS as well, but his "claim demand" falls more in line with the VI behavior I've seen from him so far than actual scumminess, so I'll let it be for now.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Nexus wrote:First off, I was asked to vote either MoI or your hydra. I considered MoI scummier. My vote would've gone to SK otherwise, but I thought the idea of the game was to lynch scum?

:eek:

what is this?

unvote
vote: Nexus
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua