Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ellibereth is avoiding me on purpose, confirm vote, time to win this game singlehandedly.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Kwanton »

vote kwanton
Kwanton
Kwanton
Townie
Kwanton
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Kwanton »

Acosmist wrote:Ellibereth is avoiding me on purpose, confirm vote, time to win this game singlehandedly.

unvote vote ellibereth
?
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Kwanton wrote:
vote kwanton

Kwanton wrote:
Acosmist wrote:Ellibereth is avoiding me on purpose, confirm vote, time to win this game singlehandedly.

unvote vote ellibereth
?

Self vote with no content, then blatant sheeping next post still with no content? Not sure if noobtown or scum.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Acosmist »

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Katsuki »

VOTE: VOLLKAN
THE MUFFIN SCUM

WE GOTS SCUM ALREADY
ELLI GET OVER HERE, NEED YOU ON THIS ONE.

LEI IS TOWN BY VIRTUE OF BEING A CUPCAKE.

LLD IS MY ARTEMIS AND TOWN BEYOND BELIEF.
ALIGNMENT-CONFIRMED MASONS FTW.

MPR are you town? If so, vote vollkanmuffinscum.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

vollkan wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Greetings to everyone I have played with before. To those with whom I have never had the pleasure, I look forward to getting to know you better.

With that, let's skip the RVS this game and getting straight down to detective work.

At approximately 6pm, eight out of thirteen players had confirmed. Of the five players who had not confirmed, four of them had posted on site since role PMs were dispatched. However, there is one person who was posting on site, but had not confirmed his role PM: MehPlusRawr. Over ten hour after that, he had posted yet again, but had still failed to confirm his PM. To me, this is a mystery. After all, when you're on site and you see that juicy, delicious "A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox" box pop up on screen, who can resist clicking on it and reading the PM? And after you've read the PM, it only takes a second or two to confirm. So why wouldn't MehPlusRawr? My hypothesis is that scum have pregame talk and MPR decided to go check out the quicktopic and chat with his scumbuddies before confirming. That, or he had an overly complicated role and did not understand it, which is also more likely to be scum because they have a higher concentration of normal and factional abilities. Thus...

Vote: MehPlusRawr

I applaud any reasonable means of bypassing RVS and, since this is at least a line of argument which is worth pursuing, I'm happy to run it up the flagpole.

Unvote, Vote: MehPlusRawr

Anybody not voting Vollkan for this needs to get their heads checked.

Oh also, nice job AGM. Your opening post caught us a scum~!

Katsuki~ I love bein' a Alignment-Confirmed Goddess Mason~
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Katsuki »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
vollkan wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Greetings to everyone I have played with before. To those with whom I have never had the pleasure, I look forward to getting to know you better.

With that, let's skip the RVS this game and getting straight down to detective work.

At approximately 6pm, eight out of thirteen players had confirmed. Of the five players who had not confirmed, four of them had posted on site since role PMs were dispatched. However, there is one person who was posting on site, but had not confirmed his role PM: MehPlusRawr. Over ten hour after that, he had posted yet again, but had still failed to confirm his PM. To me, this is a mystery. After all, when you're on site and you see that juicy, delicious "A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox" box pop up on screen, who can resist clicking on it and reading the PM? And after you've read the PM, it only takes a second or two to confirm. So why wouldn't MehPlusRawr? My hypothesis is that scum have pregame talk and MPR decided to go check out the quicktopic and chat with his scumbuddies before confirming. That, or he had an overly complicated role and did not understand it, which is also more likely to be scum because they have a higher concentration of normal and factional abilities. Thus...

Vote: MehPlusRawr

I applaud any reasonable means of bypassing RVS and, since this is at least a line of argument which is worth pursuing, I'm happy to run it up the flagpole.

Unvote, Vote: MehPlusRawr

Anybody not voting Vollkan for this needs to get their heads checked.

Oh also, nice job AGM. Your opening post caught us a scum~!

Katsuki~ I love bein' a Alignment-Confirmed Goddess Mason~

^.^~

Nice catch, AGM is probably town by virtue of catching vollkanmuffin.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Sorry for not getting here earlier! I was traveling and din't expect this to start until I arrived. Onto business now:
VOTE: volkan
For not spelling his name the way it should be spelled. And for not liking RVS. Why didn't you do something yourself to get us out of RVS?
To be clear: quack
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

kiwieagle wrote:So you tell people not to RVS but then you tell him he did a bad thing by not doing a random vote?

If his defense is going to be "it was a mistake" then he should just brush it off and keep playing. But he didn't, he halted normal play (no RVS) and just defended himself. This is a scumtell.

I will admit this is a good point, though, so kiwi is probably town.

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Kwanton wrote:
vote kwanton

Kwanton wrote:

unvote vote ellibereth
?

Self vote with no content, then blatant sheeping next post still with no content? Not sure if noobtown or scum.

Scum? It's not scummy, it's just strange and silly. Not even the most awful scum would play this poorly as a result of being scum. Kwanton is null at worst. Maybe even a little town.

SleepyKrew wrote:Sorry for not getting here earlier! I was traveling and din't expect this to start until I arrived. Onto business now:
VOTE: volkan
For not spelling his name the way it should be spelled. And for not liking RVS. Why didn't you do something yourself to get us out of RVS?

This post does not smell good. Two people have called vollkan real-scum. You cannot walk in and RVS-vote him without commenting on that.

Acceptable lynches: MehPlusRawr, SleepyKrew.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

No Comment on Volkan, AGM?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I do not understand why you think he is scum.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:No Comment on Volkan, AGM?

AGM = Vollkan muffin buddy #1?

:igmeou:
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:08 pm

AlmasterGM wrote:I do not understand why you think he is scum.

Let me put it in terms you'll find easier to understand then?

"HERP DERP I'M VOLKAN. HEY AGM, YOU'RE STARTING A SUPER SRS WAGON? AND I CAN JOIN WITH IMPUNITY? LET ME HOP ON THAT BITCH."

In other words, his joining you on your confirmation time crusade was the most opportunistic vote I've seen on Page 1. Ever.

It was totally trying to ride your coattails.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

MehPlusRawr wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:
MPR wrote:Actually, y'know, I just glanced at the pm, saw my role, and exited it. I then promptly forgot about the game until I just got a reminder that it started.

...and you've been playing mafia for how long? Since when do you NOT have to confirm your role PM, and since when do you not do it right away?

Welp, I had a roughly 6-month hiatus from mafia, and the two games that have started since I came back both had in-thread confirms. I don't have a "reply with a /confirm" reflex.

There's no random vote because it's really not RVS any more.

You haven't played any games for six months other than this one?

Katsuki wrote:
VOTE: VOLLKAN
THE MUFFIN SCUM

WE GOTS SCUM ALREADY
ELLI GET OVER HERE, NEED YOU ON THIS ONE.

LEI IS TOWN BY VIRTUE OF BEING A CUPCAKE.

LLD IS MY ARTEMIS AND TOWN BEYOND BELIEF.
ALIGNMENT-CONFIRMED MASONS FTW.

MPR are you town? If so, vote vollkanmuffinscum.

Someone's ingested waay too much frosting :roll:

Sleepy wrote:

My view (see here for a MD example) is that RVS and is generally useless. Every alternative that I've either personally tried (self-voting to draw out stupid reflexive players) or have seen (RQS) doesn't work much better (or worse) either. AGM came up with something genuinely novel, so I was willing to try it. No matter how you start the game things move eventually, so it isn't a big deal, but if there is a better way to do it I am interested in learning it.

(Also, the attitude that anybody who doesn't care about RVS but doesn't bend over backwards trying to find an alternative is scum is incredibly frustrating)

LLD wrote:
Let me put it in terms you'll find easier to understand then?

"HERP DERP I'M VOLKAN. HEY AGM, YOU'RE STARTING A SUPER SRS WAGON? AND I CAN JOIN WITH IMPUNITY? LET ME HOP ON THAT BITCH."

In other words, his joining you on your confirmation time crusade was the most opportunistic vote I've seen on Page 1. Ever.

You realise that "OMG HE IS OPPORTUNISTIC SHEEPING" doesn't have much application when the voter freely admits that's what they're doing? You want it in bold:
I was totally riding AGM's coattails

(Though, the "impunity" thing is just BS. You're seriously suggesting that, having proclaimed my view that the line of argument was reasonable, I'd not come under scrutiny if it was: a) Proven to be crap; or b) Remained on the wagon in circumstances where it became scummy)
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

LLD wrote:Let me put it in terms you'll find easier to understand then?

I find it disheartening that you think the only "terms I can understand" are lots of meme-capsing. I do speak English, you know. And to the contrary, before I asked, there were no "terms" at all. It was just your vote-only post and Katsuki's post, "VOTE: VOLLKAN THE MUFFIN SCUM."

Anyway, maybe he was riding my coattails, but since I still think LMP is scum, it does not bother me. In my opinon, agreeing with someone is not scummy unless the initial logic was bad (which I do not think mine is, of course).

P-Edit: what vollkan said (sort of).
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

That's a logical fallacy. Just because you admit something doesn't mean that there isn't a scum intent behind doing it.

It just means you are freely admitting that you're scummy.

Which is fine by me.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 pm

AlmasterGM wrote:
LLD wrote:Let me put it in terms you'll find easier to understand then?

I find it disheartening that you think the only "terms I can understand" are lots of meme-capsing. I do speak English, you know. And to the contrary, before I asked, there were no "terms" at all. It was just your vote-only post and Katsuki's post, "VOTE: VOLLKAN THE MUFFIN SCUM."

Anyway, maybe he was riding my coattails, but since I still think LMP is scum, it does not bother me. In my opinon, agreeing with someone is not scummy unless the initial logic was bad (which I do not think mine is, of course).

P-Edit: what vollkan said (sort of).

I... am sorry for that actually.

I'm really tired, and I'm still in Cowboy Bebop mode with you.

Dx I'll be nicer, I promise. >.<

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:That's a logical fallacy. Just because you admit something doesn't mean that there isn't a scum intent behind doing it.

Which is fine by me.

This is true, but it's never been proven that agreeing with someone is scummy (and I don't mean just in this game, I mean on-site in general). I would argue that 1) it is not and 2) the call is highly subjective. For example, you call vollkan scummy for agreeing with me, but if I had agreed with your explanation and said, "Yeah, I buy that...Vote: vollkan," I doubt you would be calling me scummy. Agreeability is measurable, not definite.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 pm

AlmasterGM wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:That's a logical fallacy. Just because you admit something doesn't mean that there isn't a scum intent behind doing it.

Which is fine by me.

This is true, but it's never been proven that agreeing with someone is scummy (and I don't mean just in this game, I mean on-site in general). I would argue that 1) it is not and 2) the call is highly subjective. For example, you call vollkan scummy for agreeing with me, but if I had agreed with your explanation and said, "Yeah, I buy that...Vote: vollkan," I doubt you would be calling me scummy. Agreeability is measurable, not definite.

The major difference is that your post was something that was a fairly weak wagon IMHO. And Volkan gave it more credence than I thought it deserved.

Of course, you feel differently about how strong that case is... so that's where we differ I suppose.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, Vote volkan
FLASH OF GREEN
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ellibereth wrote:
Unvote, Vote volkan

A live demonstration of my prior point. Will LLD and Katsuki call this scummy when it agrees with them?

Tonight at 11.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Acosmist »

It's 10:48 now.

BETTER BE SOMETHING IN 12 MINUTES

OR LYNCH ALL LIARS

PIKASCUM
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Elli, that's three votes you've placed so far this game, with no explanation. Why so CES/Jack?

AGM, not like my questioning Elli means anything at this point?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Elli, that's three votes you've placed so far this game, with no explanation. Why so CES/Jack?

AGM, not like my questioning Elli means anything at this point?

I need to learn how to use photoshop...just imagine the Joker all smiley here with Why so Ces/Jack?
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”