ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Kast »

Catchup responses to things that stood out:
He's trying to protect his buddy.

This very much. Thor's entire defense of MoI seems based on the ridiculous position that a D1 MoI lynch should only happen with a 100% guaranteed scum case. That's almost never the case for any D1 lynch, and certainly nothing so far in this game changes that.

Agreed with the latter sentence. I'm not getting a scum read from either.

The other reason for an MoI lynch is because he's good/competent/dangerous scum; much more so than most other scum players (he sort of tried defusing this; but MoI's town-game isn't anywhere near his scum-game so the counter argument is not valid).

I think you're misreading him.I'm reading Thor doesn't think anyone has given him a solid MoI case that he can auto-sheep and his default position is to leave MoI unless such a case exists. The rest of the post I mostly agree, but I don't subscribe to Faraday necessarily being scum as the reason he's baiting LMP; I can easily see Faraday-town just doing it for kicks.

Here vezok tries to defuse the MoI-vezok bussing argument by obvious distancing. But keep the vote there please ;)

In this post, MoI claims scum. He's resigned his loss and probably genuinely believes I am scum. When MoI is scum, he leaves me alone until he's caught; when he's town, we get in big arguments that waste everyone's time.

Do you really need to make excuses for your behavior? That post reads fake/forced/lazy. That said, MoI is scummier, more info rich, and more dangerous as scum than Nexus so keep/return the MoI vote.

Lulz disagree with assumptions and conclusions. Was any of this serious?

LL wrote:MoI does seem genuinely annoyed to me. I guess he could be annoyed because he's been caught by a case that he thinks is nonsense, but I'm not really buying the 'stalling for a claim' argument. Knowing MoI and having played with him recently as scum, he's pretty quick off the mark, doesn't take that long to come up with fakeclaims, and if he was going to bother to post from his holiday, I would have thought that as scum, he'd come up with one beforehand,
not draw the inevitable heat from posting and not claiming.
And on that note...
Agree except for the strikethrough. He could easily post from vacation and either accept his inevitable lynch (so not bother fake claiming), or hope it blows over while he's gone (so escapes need to claim). The latter is a common and moderately effective technique.

@Spy-
Don't get dragged into arguments with Thor. He doesn't work by logic or sense. Also, I doubt he's on MoI's scumteam (or at least, his defense is indifferent to that). He gets quite stubborn about defending scum even as a townie. It's null.

@Everyone-
In the dozen or so pages that earned me a prod, there's really not much new.
-MoI made a premature and scummy pre-bus; vezok nigh confirmed MoI as his scum buddy
-Somehow an RVS SK wagon lived way past RVS (maybe as a counter-bus to save MoI)
-Nexus was dumb/lazy/fake and some people jumped on that
-Lots of people decided to be uncivil to each other (to different degrees)
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Annnddd there's the Kastinator lighting up the thread.

I concur with most of what you said except for two things:

1.) Nexus is a town-patsy. Every bit of that on his side reads genuine but that special breed of genuine that wolves salivate over.

2.) Re: Thor. If MoI = scum maybe we talk. Maybe. If MoI = cult then its a different song and dance and hopefully we can hold hands and bask in the glory of nailing Thor to Yggdrasil together.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Kast »

@Spy-
Actually, yeah I could easily see Thor as a competing scum faction (so if MoI is cult, then Thor could be mafia, or if MoI is mafia, then Thor could be cult). I could also see Thor as town, but we can proceed with more after MoI flips. I'm also pretty sure Thor will be nigh unbearable if MoI flips town.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Kast wrote:Thor will be nigh unbearable if MoI flips town.

Considering how you guys are blatantly plotting lynches of me based on pretty much whatever MoI flips - darn skippy I will be. This is stupid as hell; Thor could be town defending scum, but if MoI is scum, Thor is Cult, and if his is Cult Thor is scum, though other derpy head says if MoI is cult Thor is obv. cult, and blerpy-derpy-dooh-daa.

And I do work on logic, it's just logic I rarely can or choose to explain out in small words. Plus, what logic I have explained people have become exceedingly bizarre about as they translate it out to mean lots of different things that I have repeatedly noted are not what I'm saying.

Proceed away.

Also, Kast, any read at all on Benmage - and why do you not have a read on him yet?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Whaaaa?

I'm "plotting" your lynch based on -whatever- he flips?

For seriously mad reals?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Between the combined reasoning of the two of you I don't think I'm exaggerating much. I'll concede you're mostly hung up on me if MoI flips scum/cult - which goes against every basic logic of scum/cult defending someone, but rock on with that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Those words I dont even know.

If he's cult you're dead.
If he's a A tier scum PR you're dead.
If he's a goon well then we'll have to see.
If he's town (something I've never brought up? because I dont think its done happenin') well then we'll have to see.

I haven't said a PEEP about split scum factions because, frankly, that's only happening if he's cult and you're scum. Him scum and you cult makes absolutely no sense to me barring super secret mechanics.

So, yea, exaggerating just a pinch from the moment of KiseX HYRDA HERE (when its not even a bit true) is pretty much the song and dance you be singin'
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Re: Thor

I've seen townies defend players of unknown alignment like pitbulls on fire on Day1 for no reason.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Thats the thing.

He's not.

He's saying "WOAH JUST NOT TODAY TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY"

Adamantly defending him would be a different discussion all together.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Mmm yeah, good point, Moonbeams.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm still hungering for more Kast, I fervently hope for a dense wall of dark matter.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Between that AND that little teaparty wagon AND MoI being scum with his I'm not telling you right now to F off promise and all I want this to happen.

I salivate for this.

This Kast is a good Kast thus far. He's definitely on the right side of the eyeglaze diagonal. Although I do HATE his method of quoting but he's still cool for now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

I think Thor has a man crush on me.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Spyrex - take a glance at what Kast was spouting, add it to you, I stand by the comment.

@DGB/Spyrex - If I start adamantly defending him while denying there is ever a time it will be good to lynch him can we stop this wagon? You are both insaner than me by a good three steps.

@Benmage - I'm a batter not a catcher.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Thor665 wrote:@DGB/Spyrex - If I start adamantly defending him while denying there is ever a time it will be good to lynch him can we stop this wagon? You are both insaner than me by a good three steps.

Read again, I've been
defending
you.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Well, to be honest you did, and than Spy countered, and then you accepted his counter as valid, and then I came back with a counter offer to try and stop the MoI wagon...so, what's the confusion?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Thor665 wrote:Well, to be honest you did, and than Spy countered, and then you accepted his counter as valid, and then I came back with a counter offer to try and stop the MoI wagon...so, what's the confusion?

Yes, the part about "do not lynch him today, but lynch him tomorrow" is a burr in my cheese.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Benmage wrote:Wow whose saying CR is less of a threat?? CR is the number 1 threat…. Whose saying otherwise? 'Nobody disputes hes just as scummy as MoI'…yet has 2 votes…

Bilbo Baggins wrote:He can't recruit tonight, therein not the biggest threat. Therefore, mafia is biggest threat.

Might be more, I forget.

Benmage wrote:This is malarkey.

I really dislike the shitty answers like “read the thread” .. That has to my one of my biggest peeves in this game. Because 99% of the people who call other people scummy. Have no fucking clue what they are talking about. And when asked about it they only say irate things or crap like “read the thread”….Logic and Analysis eludes these people.

Can’t you bullet for me why he is scummy?

If you think I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about, then you should go read the thread for yourself. Oh wait, you haven't.
Benmage wrote:Idno. I'm read to page 5.

I'm not saying "read the thread" because it's impossible to otherwise convey Magua's scumminess. I'm saying do it because YOU HAVEN'T. Sitting here making snide remarks like "logic eludes you" when you have not read past Page 5 is incredibly hypocritical. Read the thread and ask again.

Magua wrote:Image

Okay, maybe that was a mean; I take the insult back. Sorry. That said, I do think your play this game has serious holes.

LL wrote:-Almaster's pushing for Magua over MoI based on connections shortly after lining up lynches based on MoI's flip and the Nexus mini-wagon is ridiculous, and overall his reasons for Magua over MoI are incredibly weak.
Unvote; Vote: Magua

First, lolwut. Second, saying it's "pushing" and then cherry picking one argument as evidence = not permitted.

SaintKerrigan wrote:Unvote: Nexus
Vote: AlmasterGM

Hi scum.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Anyway, all that being said, MoI is posting elsewhere on site and not claiming. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo despite all the screaming and dragging feet for the past 15 pages I am taking the egg on face and agreeing he is scum.

Are we waiting for the fakeclaim or just going pewpew?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Yes, the part about "do not lynch him today, but lynch him tomorrow" is a burr in my cheese.

Please quote where I said this.
Than realize that I said I'd be willing to talk about lynching him tomorrow - which is something else on every level.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

AlmasterGM wrote:Anyway, all that being said, MoI is posting elsewhere on site and not claiming.

He posted once a day in a different game each day.
He has posted once, in one other game, since his last post here.
Please expand on how this is an obvious scumtell?
Also, he's at ruddy L-2.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Kast and I were talking about situations where YOU WOULD BE TOWN MY GOD.

And what the hell kind of game of wack a mole is this? "Its too early D1" "Ohh he's on vacation" "Ohh he's posting but he's at l-2"

What in the hell kind of multi planet alignment do we need?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by Nexus »

vote: MoI
Now he's back at L-1.

He has been at hypothetical L-1 since I unvoted last time, because that is what the argument around my entire wagon has been about.

Also, SK would definitely be a good second choice. Nice hop on then off my wagon.

Setael: Nothing particularly, but if I'm going to sheep someone Day 1, it might as well be Andy. I already said what I found scummy about MoI. SK was the only other one I considered voting because he looks hella scummy. No I haven't re read Magua, I've been busy.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by Nexus »

Also cow went from being convinced I was scum to being swayed by the MoI wagon. A little suspicious.
Trans rights are human rights.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I am around, need to read what I missed I guess. I'll be V/la from thi Sunday due to Goofbash however me and Mina will be able to read the thread together and stuff which is kinda awesome >_>
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”