Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

Current thinking: there is a slight chance, however slim, that Merans is scum and all of this was just a highly clever gambit in the hopes of outing an entire color group. I doubt it, given the creativity that would be necessary to come up with this ability. Still quite puzzled as to why Merans appears to believe coug is scum strongly enough to warrant wanting all reds to claim though.

Although I'm quite happy with where my vote is at the moment, I am beginning to almost lean towards a hiplop lynch, not only based on play but also that it could prove to be informative.

Oh yes, here is something to note. I know it's premature at the moment, but just in case I forget to say later on, if you are the last of a color and about to be lynched, CLAIM. Even if it means you get NK'ed, you will save town a mislynch.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Cupcake Mafia II coming soon! Are you cupcakes ready...?
-> postponed indefinitely, but is still in the works
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

:EBWOP: Just re-read Merans' post about wanting reds to claim. I take back that last sentence from the first paragraph.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Meransiel »

Nah, originality is not really my thing (and to be perfectly honest I doubted that, assuming reds would have claimed and Coug is town, a scum wouldn't have fakeclaimed just to get rid of Coug, endangering himself)

Anyway, my mind apparently rotting, so...what's the case on Hiplop again?
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT: *would have fakeclaimed
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I actually did vote for hiphop, if you care to pay attention, Rhinocke.

I looked up some ISOs and I agree hiplop would be informative. He only voted for one scum, and he seems to only be skim reading/posting. The same is true of HotDogs except he voted for both scum. I'm down with either.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Meransiel »

That all? Pretty slim a reason to lynch someone. We're really getting arrogant.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Arrogant or stagnant? I mean, we clearly have very little as far as leads. I say we pick somebody and go with it. hiplop or HotDogs seem like good choices because of that posting just enough not to be a lurker stuff. You and Leis have posted stuff making you seem more town to me since my initial suggestion, so I'm done there. Coug is pretty much cleared. xvart is almost guaranteed town in my book. There aren't many more.

Again, I want to iterate that losing a townie isn't going to hurt us that much because of the self-balancing mechanism. This alone makes me feel more carefree when it comes to taking such risks. We don't need to go just lynching townies all over the place, but it will probably be informative if we pick the correct person.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinocke wrote:SC: why did you react as though you were sure Meransiel was scum? Did you really think that was a play that scum would have made?

The possibility exists, yes.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:I mean, we clearly have very little as far as leads. I say we pick somebody and go with it. hiplop or HotDogs seem like good choices because of that posting just enough not to be a lurker stuff.

You're suggesting we go on an active lurker hunt while your vote sits there idle? If we're really that dry on leads, then put your foot where your mouth is.

VOTE: Jedo the Jedi
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
HotDogs
HotDogs
Goon
HotDogs
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

Post by HotDogs »

Vote: Jedo the Jedi

STOP! Hammer TIME!
Record:
Town: 1-0
Scum: 0-0
Other: 0-0
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

There are at least four other people whose votes weren't doing anything, and I never suggested a lurker hunt. In fact, my point was that those two are posting just enough not to be considered lurkers.

I figured I would be a decent option for a vote today. I'm no naive. However, I don't think my lynch would be very informative. The only upside to my death would be the powers gained by town. That's a worthy sacrifice.

I think instead HotDogs would be good. He's popped in here just like I expected, and he still hasn't added anything.
vote HotDogs
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by hiplop »

rhino wrote:How do you know the bolded

answer:
OP27 wrote: The colourless faction begins the game aware of all the colours in the game.

AGH, you want to vote me..for no reason at all? what the hell :(

Mod ~ Fixed tags
Last edited by Seacore on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
third best scummer of all time
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Glass »

I am down for a SC or Leis lynch today. Not wanting a jedo lynch.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by hiplop »

bb code fail :P
third best scummer of all time
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Jedo the Jedi wrote:There are at least four other people whose votes weren't doing anything, and I never suggested a lurker hunt. In fact, my point was that those two are posting just enough not to be considered lurkers.

Hence why I said you were advocating an "active" lurker hunt. If you're barely posting, constantly prod-dodging, etc. and not really posting any content when you do, then you are active lurking. There is a difference.

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Jedo the Jedi wrote:There are at least four other people whose votes weren't doing anything, and I never suggested a lurker hunt. In fact, my point was that those two are posting just enough not to be considered lurkers.

Hence why I said you were advocating an "active" lurker hunt. If you're barely posting, constantly prod-dodging, etc. and not really posting any content when you do, then you are active lurking. There is a difference.

Ah. I misunderstood which word active was modifying. In that case, those two are better choices than me. Just compare our content. (Unless I've misunderstood your intent again and I'm scummy because of my suggestion itself.)
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Glass »

Can someone please explain why jedo is L-1?
I really don't see him as scummy at all.

Specifically this question is directed at hotdog, who may have tried to gambit a fakehammer or have actually thought he hammered. Who knows with hotdog.

SC even scummier for jumping onto his wagon for suggesting lynching lurkers.

Let's get this wagon back up.
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by Leiskyrie »

My reasons for voting Jedo are as follows:
1) I find his D2 play rather weak as there was a lot of fencesitting.
2) The fact that he mentions the lack of leads today without contributing to much active scumhunting, and instead suggests lynching active lurkers.

Yes, there are people who have posted less content. At the same time, intent is as important.
Unvote
for the sake of more discussion/no hammering yet.

Glass, can you list reasons for cougscum (besides the most recent)?
~Not quite so fluffy~
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by xvart »

Meransiel, 303 wrote:Anyway, Coug did quite overreact, I wonder if there's something there anyway...

Yes. There is. He is scum regardless. Scum would auto claim a color with a power to possibly stave off a lynch.

StrangerCoug, 309 wrote:I'm also with Leiskyrie here. The other
reds
should not claim.

If you think there are only 3 red members total, don't you mean the other red should not claim?

Rhinocke, 320 wrote:SC: why did you react as though you were sure Meransiel was scum? Did you really think that was a play that scum would have made?

This.

Leiskyrie, 323 wrote:@rhinocke:

I believe it was stated that the colourless know all the colors.

Where?

Leiskyrie, 325 wrote:Although I'm quite happy with where my vote is at the moment, I am beginning to almost lean towards a hiplop lynch, not only based on play but also that it could prove to be informative.

So do you think hiphop was trying to get a sacrificial lamb of a partner lynch for town cred?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

@jedo:

1. You actually serious about lynching HotDog? Please headdesk yourself.
2. Why is SC clear?
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

1. Because he hasn't done anything...
2. I suppose he could be lying. I don't think that's something we should test today.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Meransiel »

2. It's not your opinion per se, but the WAY you voiced it, that got me thinking.

1. Dude, you know what's real important when labeling someone as scum? To find scum MOTIVATION in his actions. He hasn't done anything is a good reason to suspect someone if he's the congenial guy nobody wants to lynch, or if you're really into that lynch all lurkers shit. But God forbid you actually find something scum MOTIVATED in virtually anything HotDog has ever posted. I dare you to try, fail, and come back crying.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

1. He tries to stay out of the lime-light. If there's one thing scum want to do it's to avoid drawing attention to themselves. That's how I feel about HotDogs. He's so bland. He only posted a few things against Voided, and they weren't strongly worded. Just enough to be seen targeting a mafia. hiphop is more of the same, and he just slipped his vote on me.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

xvart wrote:Scum would auto claim a color with a power to possibly stave off a lynch.

This is WIFOM and doesn't really say anything about me either way.

xvart wrote:If you think there are only 3 red members total, don't you mean the other red should not claim?

Oops—lost track. Yeah.

Meransiel wrote:1. You actually serious about lynching HotDog? Please headdesk yourself.

You're asking for my vote on you back. HotDogs has been useless all game and remains one of my suspects.

Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Glass »

@Leis
Ok well, the first mention of Jedo by SC was just a few posts back, where he votes him because he was advocating lynching lurkers. Although lynching lurkers is not good play in most cases, I can see why he would want to use it here, and it is in no way scummy. Oh, and for all you people who are all butthurt because jedo is not scumhunting you can take a good look at SC's vote here, who has said no good reason to vote jedo except that he wanted to invoke a policy lynch. What makes it even worse is that SC even insinuated that he may want to lynch lurkers later on at the beginning of day 2. See case 1:
SC wrote:Not too many people were given the opportunity to post a lot yesterday, so I'm not concerned about the number of posts by anybody yet.

"Yet" is the operative word here. Are you worried about anyone's number of posts now? If you are going to attack someone for wanting to lynch lurkers you have some explaining to do regarding this post.
What has jedo done besides suggest we lynch a lurker SC?

SC attacking Mers (Yes, I know it is meran but mers just rolls off the tongue easier) for absolutely no reason. Mers said that he had role info that might make SC guilty, and SC, instead of acting like a townie and saying his role (which could have made it a potential 1v1), flips shit around and refuses to claim. Again without any scumhunting, he just says that "DAYPOWER IS TOO OVERPOWERED TO HAVE ALREADY RAGERAGERAGE" without even knowing what his power was.
What did you think his power was, SC?
After mers says that SC's claim makes sense SC suddenly jumps off of the mers wagon and is cool with him. Might talk about this more in my next post, but I think it is pretty obv bad.

SC wrote:
You're asking for my vote on you back. HotDogs has been useless all game and remains one of my suspects.

So now you are not only saying that hotdog is scummy for lurking (which you just attacked jedo for), but you are threatening to put your vote onto mers for having (in your opinion) a poor read on someone? Oh jeez.

@Jedo
If we are going to lynch a lurker it is going to be Rhinocke. He has posted less than hotdog or hiplop and I have a slight scumread on him.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Glass: Um...thanks for putting my thoughts into words that cleanly. I still suck at it >D.

@Jedo, SC: You kidding? Might be me on drugs, but HotDogs is like so town-looking it hurts. Not being pro and being kinda anti hasn't much to do with the alignment of non-wallers. And no limelight? The guy hammered for fuck's sake. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”