HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

And you guys wonder why I said were better off without him.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Amrun »

A mislynch could cost us the game... It is not the game for policy lynches.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Moratorium »

MOD: Votecount, please
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

It's also not the game for DK's idiocy. Although, to be fair, no game is.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

LOL, in a past game, I said I was scum, and DK still voted the other guy. Not to mention, this was after the game ended, since I self-hammered.

DK, you should really try reading the thread some time.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by AntB »

@Moratorium: Already on it :P

---

VOTE COUNT - 9 alive, 5 to Lynch

DeityKabuto
[L-2] <- Quilford - HellloooNewman - Moratoriumm

Hoppster
<- tim_hill1990

tim_hill1990
[L-2] <- Hoppster - Amrun - DeityKabuto

Not Voting
<- jilynne1991 - IceGuy

DEADLINE

THURSDAY 23 JUNE 2011 23:59:59 UTC
Countdown Timer

---

The previous vote count had an error on it which I have since corrected. Hoppster was down for 2 votes instead of just one.

Using full names isn't a requirement, I just prefer it and it gets you an end-of-game cookie and milk :P
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

jilynne1991 wrote:LOL, in a past game, I said I was scum, and DK still voted the other guy. Not to mention, this was after the game ended, since I self-hammered.

DK, you should really try reading the thread some time.

Erm, I still won as town. XD

But your play style sounds a bit too convincing.

Unvote
tim_hill1990
tim_hill1990
Goon
tim_hill1990
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 am

Post by tim_hill1990 »

IceGuy wrote:Since you haven't posted any reads even though I and other players have asked you to,

I have given reads.

DeityKabuto wrote:
I am just following suit, I am sure there are scum on his wagon, and tim_hill is just an easy lynch/innocent town. No taking back your actions now, no unvoting, cause it's been decided. All 4 of you on the wagon are main suspects.

So you voted for me even though you don't think i'm scum and just innocent town? Righto..

Amrun wrote:Tim Hill, why is taking control of town a scum tell?

Why do you think outting people as town is a bad thing?

Didn't say it was a scumtell, I just don't like it, I also don't like how a few people seem to have written off him and a few others (such as yourself) as town because giving good discussion etc. I don't think activity levels make the scum, that's more a playstyle.
Outting people as town is great, except no one is ever confirmed until they flip.
Scum can play just about any way they want to so I wouldn't be surprised if the "towniest" players turn out scum.

Moratorium wrote:So a couple of things:

1) That wasn't a hammer.

2) DK obviously is looking to avoid the hypoclaim.

I wouldn't read too much into his actions, he strikes me as a very random player, often saying or doing without explanation.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

tim_hill1990 wrote:
IceGuy wrote:Since you haven't posted any reads even though I and other players have asked you to,

I have given reads.

DeityKabuto wrote:
I am just following suit, I am sure there are scum on his wagon, and tim_hill is just an easy lynch/innocent town. No taking back your actions now, no unvoting, cause it's been decided. All 4 of you on the wagon are main suspects.

So you voted for me even though you don't think i'm scum and just innocent town? Righto..

Didn't say it was a scumtell, I just don't like it, I also don't like how a few people seem to have written off him and a few others (such as yourself) as town because giving good discussion etc. I don't think activity levels make the scum, that's more a playstyle.
Outting people as town is great, except no one is ever confirmed until they flip.
Scum can play just about any way they want to so I wouldn't be surprised if the "towniest" players turn out scum.

Moratorium wrote:So a couple of things:

1) That wasn't a hammer.

2) DK obviously is looking to avoid the hypoclaim.

I wouldn't read too much into his actions, he strikes me as a very random player, often saying or doing without explanation.

Hey hey, in this small game, there's always the chance you could be scum. Now you are trying to take advantage of the situation. And I DO not know what hypoclaim means, stop using foreign terminology.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Quilford »

Will be posting soon.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Amrun »

tim_hill1990 wrote:

I have given reads.

One, which you are now backing away from. Give more

tim_hil1990 wrote:quote="Amrun"]Tim Hill, why is taking control of town a scum tell?

Scum can play just about any way they want to so I wouldn't be surprised if the "towniest" players turn out scum.[
/quote]

But that's why you said Hoppster was scum in the last post you made. How is doing something you don't like indicative of Hoppster's alignment?

No one is calling me or anyone town due to activity level.

If outing people as town is a good thing but they can't be confirmed, why post "But wouldn't that out people as town?" As an issue with hypodocing?

DK: we've been talking about hypoclaiming all game. Please read.

Everyone: P sure tim is scum and the "outing town" thing was a scumslip. And if he is, DK likely buddy.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Amrun wrote:
tim_hill1990 wrote:

I have given reads.

tim_hil1990 wrote:quote="Amrun"]Tim Hill, why is taking control of town a scum tell?

Scum can play just about any way they want to so I wouldn't be surprised if the "towniest" players turn out scum.[
/quote]

But that's why you said Hoppster was scum in the last post you made. How is doing something you don't like indicative of Hoppster's alignment?

If outing people as town is a good thing but they can't be confirmed, why post "But wouldn't that out people as town?" As an issue with hypodocing?

DK: we've been talking about hypoclaiming all game. Please read.

Everyone: P sure tim is scum and the "outing town" thing was a scumslip. And if he is, DK likely buddy.

I wasn't bussin tim, my intentions were self-ish for scum hunting, plus WHO'S TO SAY YOUR NOT SCUM TAKING THIS AS AN ADVANTAGE TO APPEAR TOWN, HUH????
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Amrun »

Scumhunting isn't selfish. "I wasn't bussing tim!" as in, "I'm scum, but I wasn't bussing!" That's how I read it.

Oh, God. DK might really be scum.

I'm conflicted now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ok, I've only read Amrun's last post so far. But, *what*? Yes, Amrun's right, scumhunting is *helpful.* Not selfish. I don't know who said that, but unless I misunderstood something (which I could have done!) You've earned yourself a priority spot on my scumdar.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Gosh, it's DK...ok, nvm, you're always on my VI list.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

jilly, there aren't many posts to read. Read them.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Reading, but when I got on the page just to see roughly how's it going before I start actually reading, I saw your last psot. Sorry, that came as a suprise to me as someone had to say that scumhunting isn't selfish.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

Fair enough. lol
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

tim_hill1990
tim_hill1990
Goon
tim_hill1990
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by tim_hill1990 »

Amrun wrote:

Not as an issue, it'd be a good thing to out people as town, if it works/
I didn't say the hypo-docing is a bad thing, i'm all for it.
Amrun wrote:

Am I?
How am I "backing away from"?
And no I won't give more, not if you ask me like that.

Amrun wrote:But that's why you said Hoppster was scum in the last post you made. How is doing something you don't like indicative of Hoppster's alignment?

He does something i don't like (takes control at the start), this seems scummy to me, I think he's scum> need more explanation?
Does anyone think you or Hoppster are scum? And I know someone, possibly you, commented on iceguy? Something along the lines of "cool so iceguy is town" based on his one post. Seems almost like self clearing posts there.
DeityKabuto wrote:And I DO not know what hypoclaim means, stop using foreign terminology.

Firstly I didn't use that 'terminology' in that post you quoted, secondly read up on it.
From my understanding everyone agrees to protect the person below them on the player list and then with the night's results work out who is what role

@anyone> couldn't scum choose to not NK someone in this game, thus fucking up all these so called avenues for working out claims etc/
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ok, are you scum, and is that one of your theories? Since it certainly seems like it.

Honestly though, you think scum's gonna decide, "Oh, I don't want to kill anyone, just because it might take a little extra work." Oh wait, nevermind, you're probably scum. That's probably what's going through your head right now.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Amrun »

tim_hill1990 wrote:
Amrun wrote:

Not as an issue, it'd be a good thing to out people as town, if it works/
I didn't say the hypo-docing is a bad thing, i'm all for it.

It really sounds like an issue in your original post.

tim_hill1990 wrote:
Amrun wrote:

Am I?
How am I "backing away from"?
And no I won't give more, not if you ask me like that.

Amrun wrote:But that's why you said Hoppster was scum in the last post you made. How is doing something you don't like indicative of Hoppster's alignment?

He does something i don't like (takes control at the start), this seems scummy to me, I think he's scum> need more explanation?

This is how you're backing away from it.

tim_hill1990 wrote:
I suspect, Hoppster to be honest, I don't like the way he's tried to take control of the game from the start. I know he started the whole hypo doc thing, but that doesn't clear him for me. In fact it makes me more suspicious because it's an easy way for himself to look town, practically clearing his name in the process. Hence my vote still on him.

tim_hill1990 wrote:

First, you say Hoppster is scum and talk about him taking control of the town. Then, I ask you how it's a scumtell, and you say IT ISN'T! Then, you say that it is what seems scummy to you in your next post. You're contradicting yourself all over the place. You're trying to paint a so far very pro-town player in a bad light but you're nervous about doing so. You were trying to come off of your scumread after being attacked for it, but then when I attack you for doing that, it's like that post never happened.

Also, I shouldn't have to ask you for reads and refusing to give them is super anti-town.

tim_hill1990 wrote:Does anyone think you or Hoppster are scum? And I know someone, possibly you, commented on iceguy? Something along the lines of "cool so iceguy is town" based on his one post. Seems almost like self clearing posts there.
DeityKabuto wrote:And I DO not know what hypoclaim means, stop using foreign terminology.

Firstly I didn't use that 'terminology' in that post you quoted, secondly read up on it.
From my understanding everyone agrees to protect the person below them on the player list and then with the night's results work out who is what role

@anyone> couldn't scum choose to not NK someone in this game, thus fucking up all these so called avenues for working out claims etc/

The above is more nervous waffling about town clearing other people as town. You're trying to sow the seeds of dissension in the town. We need to cooperate with each other to win this game. This level of trying to discredit others' townreads - UNIVERSALLY - is a definite scum tell for me.

And scum could choose to NK, but that's not a big issue. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It's unlikely that happens anyway.

tim, if calling anyone town is so dangerous and bad, then why are you trying to clear DK as town? If Hoppster trying to break the game is so pro-town that you think it's scum hatching a scheme to try and look town and get cleared and all clears are bad, then why is DK different?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes. mith could happen and my case is wonderful. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

... Wrong game. Sorry.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

tim_hill1990
tim_hill1990
Goon
tim_hill1990
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by tim_hill1990 »

Amrun wrote:First, you say Hoppster is scum and talk about him taking control of the town. Then, I ask you how it's a scumtell, and you say IT ISN'T! Then, you say that it is what seems scummy to you in your next post. You're contradicting yourself all over the place. You're trying to paint a so far very pro-town player in a bad light but you're nervous about doing so. You were trying to come off of your scumread after being attacked for it, but then when I attack you for doing that, it's like that post never happened.

Also, I shouldn't have to ask you for reads and refusing to give them is super anti-town.

It's not contradictory, I don't consider it to be specifically a scumtell.
It's more a sort of out there kind of theory about him and the whole hypo-doc kind of theory. I just like to think outside the box, you have to admit if this was the case with hoppster and he was hatching some sort of super plan for this game, we'd all probably be screwed.
It kinda came about because I was reading the thread and thinking to myself, or gettting the impression, that everyone now just assumes that Hoppster and everyone super supporting hypo-doc are town. To write off people as town, just because they appear to be super active and super townie looking, I think would be a mistake.
However I'll admit it's a far fetched theory, so long as people aren't settling in their reads though i'll be happy.
I may have reasons not to give reads, are you saying I should post my reads on everyone at all times, without provocation? I don't see everyone doing that either...
Amrun wrote:
The above is more nervous waffling about town clearing other people as town. You're trying to sow the seeds of dissension in the town. We need to cooperate with each other to win this game. This level of trying to discredit others' townreads - UNIVERSALLY - is a definite scum tell for me.

And what if the people you are cooperating with are scum?
You not liking that i'm casting doubt on other's townieness is interesting, almost like i'm hiting on some sort of truth.
I just want to avoid (as I said above) people assuming others are town, and then us losing because we overlooked other people.

Amrun wrote:tim, if calling anyone town is so dangerous and bad, then why are you trying to clear DK as town? If Hoppster trying to break the game is so pro-town that you think it's scum hatching a scheme to try and look town and get cleared and all clears are bad, then why is DK different?

Because DK is the kind of player we would mislynch, he's impossible to make sense of. I think you brought that up yourself.

Amrun wrote:And scum could choose to NK, but that's not a big issue. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It's unlikely that happens anyway.

I think it is an issue, what if say someone was designated to protect someone underneath them, and that person survives the night and no kills were made that night. But the person protecting was scum?
Or a situation in which we all think "cool nobody died, guess these people must all be doc's" or something like that? Scum doing that could throw this theory completely.
jilynne1991 wrote:Ok, are you scum, and is that one of your theories? Since it certainly seems like it.

Honestly though, you think scum's gonna decide, "Oh, I don't want to kill anyone, just because it might take a little extra work." Oh wait, nevermind, you're probably scum. That's probably what's going through your head right now.

I don't understand what you're asking?
All i'm asking is could scum do that, and if they did what would that do to any hypo-doc thang that we try
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Amrun wrote:Scumhunting isn't selfish. "I wasn't bussing tim!" as in, "I'm scum, but I wasn't bussing!" That's how I read it.

Oh, God. DK might really be scum.

I'm conflicted now.

It's selfish because lynching somebody for scumhunting reasons is a gambit.

Return to “Completed Open Games”