Open 307-Friends and Enemies Deadly Alliance-Town Wins!!

[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Parabollocks wrote:if there is one thing i have to say is that even with my inactivity i feel like i didn't miss much, i'm looking back and i see some back and forth arguments, ISO's everywhere, but nothing that can or will help me in the long run, since people have asked for my reads here you go bros

Town -
DK (i hate this wagon)
pops
lowkey
muffin
spadille (VI)
cjdrum

null-
everyone else that isn't in my scum-list.

scum -
toro
snarky (because he has yet to do anything useful, and is still fencesitting afaik.)

i don't want the hammer either, this lynch sucks.

vigil wherever you are shoot snarky or toro k

This post right here was while I was tunnelling DK and hadn't come up with my list so I don't see how in any way you could say your team was losing at that point??
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Spadille wrote:DK, seriously dude, you should stop playing like you do. READ the whole thread and DONT make biased options. Not everyone voting for you is scum. This is why Archaist and I ganked you in D-1.

I guess you're right. But I understood why Masons would par together.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Ugh...parab was probably the only one who actually played scum well. I really should of held it together. *sigh* sorry you guys.

I was so excited about winning and beating LK...I sorta lost it. Anyways, nice job town.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Well glad ur back. Try to find a playstyle that gives you the best success (not getting lynched, finding scum, getting other townies lynched as scum etc.). Keep going!
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

I'll concentrate on my other 8 games, so think I'll unbookmark this and stop posting on the thread. Fun playing with you guys, cya!
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by hiphop »

The Votecount for the Game

Votecount 5.2

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

jilynne1991(2): [Low Key], jilynne1991

Not Voting(1): DeityKabuto

We have a lynch.

[insert text here on why the final scum decided it would be better to hang herself.]

jilynne1991,
a Mafia Goon,
has been hanged.

AND THAT'S THE GAME. TOWN WINS!!!!!!

I will now be taking comments on how my modding was great, and how I can improve it.

My first mistake would have been me posting the QT's(that would be a laugh) in the sample roles, but saw that right before I posted.
Last edited by hiphop on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Spadille »

@Archaist- Thanks man. Excited to be playing a mafia team with you :D (if we will)
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

You did great. I would of liked more votecounts at certain times but I'm prob OCD.

A thread in MD has begun regarding early nights and such. I have posted that player error caused the loss but that a sitewide rule should be in place that if a night is to end early, all living players must have logged in from the time that night began.

I actually enjoyed your deliberate lack of flavor.

Maybe you can help me with my blindspot because I just don't see how it was obvious that Parab (not Jill, but Parab) was the scummier choice over DK...?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

lmao -- it's more likely that you'll be on opposing teams, especially considering how close your /in's are.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Spadille »

Then I'm excited to get to know Archaist's play
"
Spadille

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by CSL »

[insert text here on how good a mod hiphop is from a person who did not play this game]
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by chkflip »

CSL wrote:[insert text here on how good a mod hiphop is from a person who did not play this game]

This can pretty much be applied to me, too. I didn't play to the best of my abilities and regret it quite a bit.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by hiphop »

[Low Key] wrote:1. You did great. I would of liked more votecounts at certain times but I'm prob OCD.

2. A thread in MD has begun regarding early nights and such. I have posted that player error caused the loss but that a sitewide rule should be in place that if a night is to end early, all living players must have logged in from the time that night began.

3. I actually enjoyed your deliberate lack of flavor.

4. Maybe you can help me with my blindspot because I just don't see how it was obvious that Parab (not Jill, but Parab) was the scummier choice over DK...?

1. I was posting them once a day, never more never less. I work 9-10 hours a weekday and work on a farm on the weekends, so really posting votecounts more was kind of impossible.

2. Yup, I am changing my rules for the next time around. And yes the entire game, I was letting masons and scum telling me when they were ready to go, which caused my fudge at the end. As you can see I told spad he had the option of going the full 72 hours even though I knew he was going to die.

3. My creativity is horrible, so it was only thing I wanted to do. Make up something on the spot.

4. I would consider Dk a null read, based on the fact that he never knew what was happening. So really it was either whether you saw Jill as a townie or scum to decide the lynch. So yeah I find scum slips outweighing anything townie done beforehand. Also my very first game I bussed my partner(only vote on him the entire day) day 1, up to my lynch. Won the game, because nobody believed I would do that, so he survived. 2nd game I put someone at L-1, Pops my scumbuddy then puts me at L-1. Again won the game and survived till the end because of that move, even though I was straight out scummy. So never base your read on what scum might not do, but instead on what scum does.

CSL wrote:[insert text here on how good a mod hiphop is from a person who did not play this game]
I appreciate it.

Love editing my posts.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Point #4 well taken, added to profile.

I would like to further clarify however. Clearly DK was an obvious scum bus candidate and that seemed to me far more likely than Parab bussing both scum with a vig call and heavy voting -- especially because Parab didn't appear to be very experienced.

I agree with everyone that Jil was scumming up the thread as soon as she replaced but I'm trying to see how I can like totally detach myself from such excellent play from her predecessor especially because she is obviously new.

Can you see my difficulty there?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

That is what pressure is for. Instead you were giving her a free ride.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

That I was. Thanks. ;)
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Spadille »

If I survived, I will put in addition that Parab voted for Toro and Snarky WITH NO CASE WHATSOEVER and OUT OF THE BLUE. He also put everyone in town list and only 2 in the scumlist (there are 3 scum in this game)

But I didn't survive lulz
"
Spadille

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by CSL »

You do notice that my post was pretty much typed like your flavor, hiphop.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by hiphop »

yup, I saw.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

~Gila
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by cjdrum »

(also, when talking in terms of nooses and hanging people, the word "hanged" is more correct than "hung")
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Spadille wrote:If I survived, I will put in addition that Parab voted for Toro and Snarky WITH NO CASE WHATSOEVER and OUT OF THE BLUE. He also put everyone in town list and only 2 in the scumlist (there are 3 scum in this game)

But I didn't survive lulz

Wow great point.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Spadille »

Important question: Am I a VI?
"
Spadille

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Not at all. There's a difference between a slump of a good player and a VI.

There's also the fact that he said nothing about slumps; he is speaking more to his nubile nature than anything else.

@ pappums rat: Self-perception governs your reality. If you treat yourself as if you cannot improve, then, well ... good luck with that. But if you stop acting like a VI and stop seeing yourself as one (both are important), then you'll stop being one. And as for your experience, it'll come. You'll know when you're not a newbie any longer. It will be the feeling you get in your bones when you discover that you know how to spot things that some other players don't quite know how to spot yet. Or when you notice things and read what they mean instead of what they say. When you get that feeling, you'll know when you've "made it", so to speak. It happens earlier on for some than for others, and for a few, it never happens at all. But by asking, you're at least going down the right path.

If you really want to get into it, go read some games that are already finished, and play a game with yourself: every time somebody notices something that you don't notice yourself first, ask yourself the question "how does player X know information Y?" and if you can come up with the answer by reading through their posts (or even by PMing them about it, asking them), then you'll understand just that much more. And if you can't spot anything that helps you out, then go find out at the end of the game (or the beginning, as the case may be) if they were a power role. Power roles always know a bit more about things than everyone else, depending on the PR they hold. And if you realize that they only knew more than you because they held a PR, that's a double-whammy because there's no way you could have had their inside info, AND you just learned how to spot that power role a little bit better.

So there's no real A-B-C to improving. It's just practice, practice, practice.

And you can have fun without being good at the game AT ALL. A lot of people do it. Nobody said you had to be good at anything to have fun doing it. I mean, look at a lot of players on this forum. They aren't especially good, but a lot of them they play a lot and are subsequently getting much better.

Anyway, if you have any questions, hit me up via PM.

Change PAPPUMS to you and that's my answer, sir.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by Spadille »

Then why did Parab call me one?
"
Spadille

[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Because you guys were arguing?

Return to “Completed Open Games”