Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:41 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I'm a sonic screwdriver.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

???
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Hoppster wrote:
Ant_to_the_max wrote:"That is interesting that Magna writes of the possibility of scum being on the Zang wagon if Zang flips scum.
Covering tracks
if
Zang actually flips scum here
?"

By your own words, he is only doing something suspicious "if Zang actually flips scum".

Idk man...I still see it the other way. Magna said something suspicious that possibly could link him and Zang together. So you vote for the person who actually said something suspicious and if they flip scum, the reasoning for the connection between them actually becomes a viable case.

bv310 wrote:So your reason for voting MoI is that he's acting like a 5-man wagon may contain scum on it (not a big stretch imo)? And if it does, you think he's the most likely out of the five?

Was this directed at me?

I have a bit more to add, but I am running late right now in real life so it will come tonight.

@Mod and everyone else: Please note that I will have limited access (note: limited access to a real computer) until the 25th ish. I can and will follow and post from my phone, but it is a bit harder to post/go and look back at previous posts on it. Thanks!
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

bv310 wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
bv310 wrote:Because, in my experience, a fake-DK gambit is much more common than an actual daykill and a Bulletproof.

Hmm, fake-daykill must have become more common recently. Darn.
It may not be more common, I just play with Fate a lot.

Haven't played with Fate IIRC (site break) and I've just spent too much time looking through Zang stuff to go looking for Fate-bv meta right yet. I'll get to that ASAP. BV, got any handy links?

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:0) To get people to actually, you know, POST.
1) An off chance that, if you were VI (or enterprising scum), you might respond with a "bah, go team" post.
2) A set of reactions pursuant to the scumhunting method mentioned in the fake daykill post, most importantly one that I was ALSO looking for when I made the third-vote RVS wagon. That tell is tied to something involving how I played the daykill gambit; I will not elaborate further at this time. Nobody has clearly dropped it yet.

Now, about that underlined section: Please identify all games you know of where a fake daykill gambit was tried. NOW.

0. Ok, I'm fine with getting people to post but there are other ways.
1. Did you think I was a VI?
2. I'm not sure what tell your looking for so I'll hold off on questioning you further until you reveal what it is.

The first time I saw the gambit was here- 
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13811
Coincidentally, Magna was also in that game.
A very similar variant of the gambit was used here-
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13693
It was also used here-
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91&start=0
I think theres another game that I saw it in but I don't remember the name. 

How many times have I been in with a real day kill? 0

1) Still think so (mostly based on posting style and reactions to pressure, I think), with the caveat that one can be a Village Idiot and still be scum.

Seeing multiple linked games you were in where a fake daykill gambit was tried alleviates some of my suspicions (it *could* just be a townie who's seen it before). I still don't trust the reaction.

Useful links, those. Interestingly, you DID drop a version of the tell I was looking for in one of the linked games - but not all, and not in the one where you were scum.

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:Do you think I am scum? Why?

I am suspicious of you but I don't see what that has to do with what you quoted. 

If you had answered no without a damn good reason, you WOULD be getting lynched today for being a scummy, scummy insincere-scumhunting scumbag. That's the kind of tone shift I associate with seeing something very scummy that needs to be answered now (see also: that request for completed games with daykill gambits up above).

In fact, why are you still voting CES?

Hoppster wrote:
Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:Kill: Zang

Vote: Ant_to_the_Max

FoS: Surye, bv310, pappums_rat

Really? This has been so overused that it becomes almost obvious that it's a fake day kill gambit when you post it. What did you hope to gain from this?

Uhh, not liking this reaction at all.

Can't quite put my finger on it but my gut is
POSITIVELY SCREAMING
to me that this is a scum reaction to an apparent DK-gambit on himself.

Feels a bit like scum gleefully mocking somebody who fake DK'd him.

It's not just you - that sort of gut read is EXACTLY why I asked Zang for an immediate list of past games with DK gambits.

-----

Okay, there's too many scummy players (Zang, pappums, bv, Snake, Ant, Surye) and not enough players pushing them. We need to pool forces sometime soon, and I might as well start the trend. That means off the Ant wagon for now.

Unvote, Vote: Surye

Want to see at least one more post from Zang before I make any hard judgments on him, same for BV.

Rufflig is managing to give me town and scum gut reads at the same time, which at the moment basically means that he reads town.

BV/Surye/Snake/CES/Zang: Cases on top suspects with reasoning in thread, please.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Zang »

Hoppster wrote:Uhh, not liking this reaction at all.

Can't quite put my finger on it but my gut is POSITIVELY SCREAMING to me that this is a scum reaction to an apparent DK-gambit on himself.

Feels a bit like scum gleefully mocking somebody who fake DK'd him.

It wasn't an apparent fake day kill gambit, it was proven that it was a fake day kill gambit when the mod posted. Also why do you think that I'm scum gleefully mocking someone who fake day killed me instead of town gleefully mocking someone who fake day killed me.

SnakePlissken wrote:I'm a sonic screwdriver.

Is this a name claim? Why are you name claiming? Why haven't you provided any content?

Tahalindur wrote:1) Still think so (mostly based on posting style and reactions to pressure, I think), with the caveat that one can be a Village Idiot and still be scum.

How can a village idiot be scum if village is the same thing as town? Besides the way you worded it made it seem that you thought village idiot was different than scum. 

Tahalindur wrote:Useful links, those. Interestingly, you DID drop a version of the tell I was looking for in one of the linked games - but not all, and not in the one where you were scum.

I should tell you that the game I was scum in, I had Pre knowledge of the gambit.

Tahalindur wrote:In fact, why are you still voting CES?

Extreme lack of content, not posting his reasoning for his votes and ignoring half of the thread.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

@hoppster: If you wanted to know why I was leaning negative on pappums, you should have left a post of his for me.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Nexus »

Snake: You've had two days to read six pages. What are you playing at?

@mod: Prod MoI and iamusername?
Trans rights are human rights.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Zang what do you mean am I name claiming? Are you role fishing?

Nexus, what's reading 6 pages got to do with anything?
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Nexus »

Your last post besides your idiotic sonic screwdriver post was "Wow 5 pages, im going to have to take some serious time to read through all of this."

Have you taken some serious time to read through all of this? If so, do you have some thoughts other than "Nexus' meta is this."?

Also, suspicious how you decided to post again after I called you out.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

No it wasn't. I never post reads on day 1. At this rate of posting you'll be lucky to get anything on Day 2 as well. And the aggressiveness is starting to seep out. I can feel your anger.
Show

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Nexus »

So let me get this straight, you don't provide any content on Day 1, and instead just coast your way through to Day 2? In theory?

Oookay.

unvote
VOTE: SnakePlissken

Surye can wait. Also, before you claim this is OMGUS, you've admitted to being basically a deadweight for the entirity of Day 1, and haven't done anything useful thus far.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Nexus »

Oh, Tar, fake daykills are lame.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:Honestly...I have used that word before and no one has ever made a big fuss about it before. I'm really confused here.

[citation needed]

Zang wrote:
iamusername wrote:And Zang apparently doesn't understand the game of mafia on even the most basic level.

How exactly do I not understand it?

Well, you basically said "I'm bad at scum because my scum play is exactly like my town play".

Tarhalindur wrote:
Note to self: If CES is scum he's likely Godfather given the way he's playing.

Nah, he always plays like this.

The Rufflig wrote:
By the way, no one has to tell me that they hate my reads. Everyone always hates my reads. If you hate my reads, tell me why you hate them or which reads you hate.

Actually, I like your reads. The only one I disagree with is the negative on Snake. His Nexus vote was totally ridiculous, but it doesn't look like a scum move in the slightest.

Ant_to_the_max wrote:
Idk man...I still see it the other way. Magna said something suspicious that possibly could link him and Zang together. So you vote for the person who actually said something suspicious and if they flip scum, the reasoning for the connection between them actually becomes a viable case.

What suspicious thing did Magna say? Is it still suspicious if you assume Zang is town? How so?

Tarhalindur wrote:

Okay, there's too many scummy players (Zang, pappums, bv, Snake, Ant, Surye) and not enough players pushing them. We need to pool forces sometime soon, and I might as well start the trend. That means off the Ant wagon for now.

Unvote, Vote: Surye

Quick! How many votes did Ant and Surye each have before you did this? No cheating!

Nexus wrote:Oh, Tar, fake daykills are lame.

So are policy lynches.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Nexus »

So not contributing properly during Day 1 is pro-town and we should allow him to live 'til Day 2 in the hope that he will provide us with some amazing, fascinating insight that will make him an asset to town?

lolno
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Nexus, I didn't say I wasnt going to provide content, it's just at this point there is pretty much nothing to go on until some form of death has occured, by the way of lynch and/or kill via scum or vigs. Outside of that we are just shooting into the wind. Oh unless someone scum slips or follows a meta pattern. Like you are currently.
Show

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

In fact the second part to the Nexus is always scum when he's aggessive is he also usually tries to pin a VI vote on me too. Oh lookie lookie.
Show

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Unvote, vote: Snake
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:54 am

Post by The Rufflig »

I'm happy to say I found a good access point for today.

So, Snake, how are we suppose to determine if you are town or not, if you don't post anything of substance? To be honest, that sort of attitude has always pissed me off especially when the player turns out to be a townie. Also, it seems more scum are adopting that attitude as towns seem reluctant to punish said behavior. If I wanted to randomly guess who is scum or town, I could adopt a random number generator to simulate mafia games. Yes, lurking may be a legal strategy, but it doesn't make for a fun game and it shows a lack of skill. Can you truly claim to win a game of mafia by not playing? I have no respect for players who win that way. Play the bloody game. And that goes for the rest of our content challenged players, too.
Don't Panic!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:02 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I am playing, just you don't like my stategy towards the game. Where in the rules does it say I must wall post everything single microbiotic thing that everyone says. I don't care for wall posting as much as I dont care for reading huge wall posts (Mainly becuase I access on the go most of the time).

But it's OK for say Cogito there to just post a vote then?

Day 1 like i said unless someone scum slips you are lucky if you hit scum at all. What I am suggesting is that I will post something of more substance when I see it. But on day 1 it is unlikely.
Show

The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:04 am

Post by The Rufflig »

You want me to compare you to Cognito? Ok.

CES: finds pappums, surye, ant and yourself to be scummy
you: nexus is scummy

CES isn't very forthcoming about his reasons - he apparently thinks they are obvious enough, but I prefer players to state their reasons mainly to make sure I'm seeing what they are seeing.

Your reason for Nexus is straightforward, but fairly useless to me as I don't have the meta on Nexus that you do. For me to put credit in your meta of Nexus, you'd have to die and flip townie first. On the topics of flips, if CES dies and flips town, I know his reads were honest and I can put some credit in them. If you flip as townie, you've only given the town one piece of information to work with.

Overall CES is more valuable than you are. (don't take that as a compliment, CES)
Don't Panic!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Nexus wrote:Snake: You've had two days to read six pages. What are you playing at?

@mod: Prod MoI and iamusername?

Iamusername has posted, MOI has declared V/LA
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Nexus »

SnakePlissken wrote:In fact the second part to the Nexus is always scum when he's aggessive is he also usually tries to pin a VI vote on me too. Oh lookie lookie.

Yeah because I haven't played any scum games on MS ever.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Nexus »

Also this vote on you isn't a plynch, it's a you're scum lynch.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

On what evidence Nexus? About all I have done is declared Sonic Screwdriver and voted for you based on your metaagression, hardly scummy reasons. Oh and because I don't want to post 80, 000 words on day 1 with nothing tomgo on in 6 pages.
Show

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 2

Surye 4: BV3,Ruffling,Tarh,Cogito (Lynch -3)
Snake 2: Rat, Nexus
CES 2: Surye, Zang
Ant 1: Username
Zang 1: MOI,
Nexus 1 - Snake
MOI 1: Ant
Rat 1: Hoppster

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Last edited by jasonT1981 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”