Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Alright, I've had just about enough of this nonsense from Jedo and Glass. I'm going to break this down post by post so people can stop saying pointless throwaway things like 'pay attention' and 'I don't see why Jedo's scummy'.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:Ghost's information tease does seem suspicious, but at the same time, it's believable to me because I just had a game where I received information like that. We'll just have to judge based on the information itself.

I really don't understand all the stuff going on with hiphop. I've read the ISO, I've read it in context, and it doesn't stand out to me. Then again, I didn't see anything suspicious about Voided and the town was on the money with that one. Apparently, I'm not very good at seeing the micro-slips which are indicative of scumminess.

I'm down with scrutinizing the lurkers and those who just plopped their votes on hiphop with no explanation. I do want to say, however, that lynching hiphop is perfectly acceptable. From what I understand, this game is self-balancing, so town will be on the off-hand until one of us dies. Additionally, I've considered that the power the scum acquired might have been something along the lines of seeing a person's colour. Anyway, I just remembered something I want to go investigate. I'll divulge if it turns out to be correct.

Context for this post: hiphop is L-2 after Glass's unvote. Jedo here covers his back by excusing himself for missing any scummy points, sets up lynches on anyone who voted hiphop without explaining it and then maintains that hiphop is a fine lynch anyway. In short, lazy and hypocritical with a helping of fence-sitting.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
hiphop wrote:
Glass wrote:I don't get it, you quoted that line just because it was the only thing to quote? Why quote anything at all if it has nothing to do with your vote?
He posted, I pushed quote, typed what I wanted to say, then continued on in another window....Finished and I hit submit.

I looked back at hiphop again, and this is what gets to me. The whole xvart vote is strange. He didn't find xvart scummy (there's a post along the lines of "how could he possibly think xvart scummy because he clearly said the first town death" or something), but he voted him anyway which it turns out was RVS. xvart challenges this because we were clearly out of RVS, and hiphop counters by asking when RVS arbitrarily ends. The thing is, he quoted xvart talking about wanting powers and voted him in that same post. If it's RVS, why would you quote that? Usually when people quote then vote it is because they are voting based on what was said there, but you are claiming that is exactly what wasn't happening.

The final question in this Glass quote sums up my thoughts very nicely. Please give a better response to it for me, hiphop.

Preview Edit: I like that last catch by Rhinocke. I had forgotten about that. I'll wait for a response, but my vote is probably going on hiphop.

Context: same as the previous, except Rhinox has just pointed out another reason why hiphop is scum. Cue declaration of intent to jump on the bandwagon.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:Post 174 is :badposting:. Too bad you didn't respond better.

Giving Ghost until tomorrow morning to post his info before my vote goes on hiphop.

Context: hiphop is still at L-2, with Hotdogs' L-1 vote and Packbat's unvote. This is just stalling and a little coaching. I mean really, who says 'too bad you didn't respond better' to someone they genuinely think is scum?

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
vote hiphop L-1

Context: well, I think that's pretty obvious vote-wise. Ghost has said he's poisoned, confirming he's town and ruling out any possibility of a hiphop reprieve.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:That case is chock full of WIFOM like you said, Glass. Plus, that second post is a good scum gambit. If he dies, there's only one scum left and those aren't good odds going into day 3 even with self-balancing mechanics. What's more, those powers are no good against a town who can catch scum without needing to use powers.

I think we should lynch hiphop anyway. The posts point too much toward scum, and we can learn a helluva lot from his death. And like I mentioned before, we might lose a townie, but that means two townies gain powers.

Context: hiphop is still L-1. Glass is arguing for hiphop-town. This just looks like a straight-up scumslip to me now that I re-read it. 'If he dies, there's only one scum left'?! Betraying more information than he ought to know if I ever saw it. The rest of this post looks forced and over-justified. To me it reads like a buddy resigned to the fact that hiphop is digging himself a massive hole and he's going to bus him relentlessly because he can't see any other way out of it.

So yeah, Jedo's attitude to hiphop is super-scummy. If you can't see that then you're not reading the game.

-Locke
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Or more like: Jedo didn't really see the hiphop scumminess, so he was suspicious of the people piling on hiphop. When Jedo's opinion changed, he would no longer be suspicious of those same people. (Duh.) When I declared an intention to vote hiphop, I thought it was only probablehe was scum; I still wasn't sold. His response could have still swayed me either way. (You know, since responses are pretty telling as some are pointing out with Coug.) I've been playing mafia for on and off for seven years. A three-person mafia group was pretty standard before my return to mafia this year. It's just natural. I still don't know into which group the odd-man-out falls in this game, but it could be scum or a colour group. My default then is to assume three scum. Sue me.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Glass »

Rhinocke: No comments on my SC case? ):

Jedo: I believe the "slip" that Rhinocke is referring to is you saying that once hiphop is lynched there will be 1 scum left.

rhinocke wrote:Alright, I've had just about enough of this nonsense from Jedo and Glass.

Awww, I was looking forward to seeing some of my "nonsense" up in your wall, but i guess that throwing my name out there randomly and saying I am ridiculous is good enough. Whatev, a wall about jedo is cool too.

rhinocke wrote:This just looks like a straight-up scumslip to me now that I re-read it. 'If he dies, there's only one scum left'?! Betraying more information than he ought to know if I ever saw it

Well you clearly have never seen it because it is clear jedo was describing the scenario if it were a scumgambit, thus a hypothetical situation. I agree that some of the interactions you pointed out are scummy, but this 'slip' is not and jedo is still not as scummy as SC imo.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Glass wrote:Jedo: I believe the "slip" that Rhinocke is referring to is you saying that once hiphop is lynched there will be 1 scum left.

I know. My point was I thought hiphop to be scum, and my default scum count is three. Thus, if hiphop was lynched and flipped scum, there would only be one left. Definitely not a slip.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Glass wrote:"Yet" is the operative word here. Are you worried about anyone's number of posts now? If you are going to attack someone for wanting to lynch lurkers you have some explaining to do regarding this post.
What has jedo done besides suggest we lynch a lurker SC?

You oversimplified my vote reason. I attacked Jedo the Jedi for advocating an active lurker lynch when he wasn't voting an active lurker. Long story short, his foot wasn't where his mouth was. Going after active lurkers is an acceptable strategy at this point.

Glass wrote:SC attacking Mers (Yes, I know it is meran but mers just rolls off the tongue easier) for absolutely no reason. Mers said that he had role info that might make SC guilty, and SC, instead of acting like a townie and saying his role (which could have made it a potential 1v1), flips shit around and refuses to claim. Again without any scumhunting, he just says that "DAYPOWER IS TOO OVERPOWERED TO HAVE ALREADY RAGERAGERAGE" without even knowing what his power was.
What did you think his power was, SC?

What makes you think I cared what Meransiel's power was when I clearly thought he was making it up?

Glass wrote:So now you are not only saying that hotdog is scummy for lurking (which you just attacked jedo for),

I did not attack Jedo the Jedi for himself doing any sort of lurking.

Glass wrote:but you are threatening to put your vote onto mers for having (in your opinion) a poor read on someone? Oh jeez.

Give me a reason to consider HotDogs town. Seriously. My question regarding the Day 1 hammer went unanswered and he's still being sloppy with his vote.

In fact, while it's on my mind, UNVOTE: Jedo the Jedi and VOTE: HotDogs.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Seacore »

Vote count 3.3

Jedo the Jedi (2) -
Rhinocke, HotDogs

StrangerCoug (2) -
Glass, xvart

HotDogs (2) -
Jedo the Jedi, StrangerCoug

Meransiel (1) -
hiplop

Not Voting (2) - Meransiel, Leiskyrie

With 9 alive 5 are needed for a lynch.
The Day 3 deadline can be found here.

Last edited by Seacore on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Glass »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:"Yet" is the operative word here. Are you worried about anyone's number of posts now? If you are going to attack someone for wanting to lynch lurkers you have some explaining to do regarding this post.
What has jedo done besides suggest we lynch a lurker SC?

You oversimplified my vote reason. I attacked Jedo the Jedi for advocating an active lurker lynch when he wasn't voting an active lurker. Long story short, his foot wasn't where his mouth was. Going after active lurkers is an acceptable strategy at this point.

I see, I misinterpreted your vote. Very well.

StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:SC attacking Mers (Yes, I know it is meran but mers just rolls off the tongue easier) for absolutely no reason. Mers said that he had role info that might make SC guilty, and SC, instead of acting like a townie and saying his role (which could have made it a potential 1v1), flips shit around and refuses to claim. Again without any scumhunting, he just says that "DAYPOWER IS TOO OVERPOWERED TO HAVE ALREADY RAGERAGERAGE" without even knowing what his power was.
What did you think his power was, SC?

What makes you think I cared what Meransiel's power was when I clearly thought he was making it up?

That begs the question of why you thought it was made up if you did not even take the time to consider what kind of power he had.

StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:So now you are not only saying that hotdog is scummy for lurking (which you just attacked jedo for),

I did not attack Jedo the Jedi for himself doing any sort of lurking.
[/quote]
I meant that you were attacking Jedo for attacking lurkers, but I guess this is a moot point.

StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:but you are threatening to put your vote onto mers for having (in your opinion) a poor read on someone? Oh jeez.

Give me a reason to consider HotDogs town. Seriously. My question regarding the Day 1 hammer went unanswered and he's still being sloppy with his vote.

How was the day 1 hammer scummy? How come you did not bring this up yesterday?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Glass »

OMG CONTRADICTION
Just remembered that you said this:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:I think I know what mer's power is based on what he is saying, and if I am right it is in no way overpowered.

Tell me any way in hell a color is going to get a day action first. I don't see it happening.

And yes, I see the crumbs. That's why I want a color and role out of him.

So saying that you did not even consider what role he was is BS on two levels. Congrats.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Rhino vs Jedo DOES look pretty town on town, but for now that is mostly based on gut so I'd wait to see more of it. No, not more arguments, theirs are being weak anyway, more interaction and tone.

As for Glass and SC...let me put this straight, Glass...though I do agree with some stuff you're saying, there were also things you tossed around, and this kind of tunneling does no good.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Ultimately, I'm still laughing my ass out at the people suspecting HotDogs. Though I'm on a PSP and that does hamper the quality of my posts, actual defense of him with quotes and shits and giggles coming later today.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Rhinocke
Rhinocke
Townie
Rhinocke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by Rhinocke »

Jedo: let me ask you this. Why do you think we have no leads and are advocating a lurker lynch? We're two scum down. There are lots of leads to look into.

Glass: by 'nonsense', I was referring to the fact that you were basically just saying that Jedo wasn't scummy and not really dealing with it any further than that, as well as Jedo's naive counter that he did vote for hiphop, which is obviously massively beside the point when you actually look at the context (hence my post-by-post breakdown). I think Jedo's reaction to hiphop's wagon looks like a buddy who was caught between not wanting to be two scum down and the overwhelming consensus to lynch hiphop, and I think his actions today look like scum who is having a hard time faking scumhunting, having to resort to lurker-lynching when we have plenty to go on. That's why I think he's at L-1.

As for your SC case, I think you have some good points. I definitely agree with you about his reaction; it seems overly hostile and like scum retreating into defence mode, rather than a townie wondering what the explanation could be. On the flip side, he's more aggressive towards hiphop and if it's a bus, it's a more townie-looking one than Jedo's.

-Locke
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Eto...aggresiveness is not really a reliable tell when the top wagon is the one you attack (i.e. when said scumpartner is beyond hope). This gets you towncred and, in this game, scum gets upgrades when their kin die, so...

Jedo and SC your strongest scumreads I take it, Rhin?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Glass wrote:That begs the question of why you thought it was made up if you did not even take the time to consider what kind of power he had.

It's very clear that I thought a day power inconceivable at that point.

Glass wrote:OMG CONTRADICTION
Just remembered that you said this:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Glass wrote:I think I know what mer's power is based on what he is saying, and if I am right it is in no way overpowered.

Tell me any way in hell a color is going to get a day action first. I don't see it happening.

And yes, I see the crumbs. That's why I want a color and role out of him.

So saying that you did not even consider what role he was is BS on two levels. Congrats.

Some sort of investigative role, yes. I still didn't give much of a damn what investigative role he was going to claim, though.

Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

xvart wrote:
Meransiel, 303 wrote:Anyway, Coug did quite overreact, I wonder if there's something there anyway...

Yes. There is. He is scum regardless. Scum would auto claim a color with a power to possibly stave off a lynch.

Good point. Somehow, I completely missed this.

About hiplop, I have my own reasons and speculations about him. I no longer think he is a viable lynch for today, given what you pointed out regarding his interactions with known scum, but I similarly do not think he is "confirmed" (term used loosely here) town for that either. There is a lot of WIFOM that could be said, so I will leave it at that.

Glass wrote:
SC wrote:
You're asking for my vote on you back. HotDogs has been useless all game and remains one of my suspects.

So now you are not only saying that hotdog is scummy for lurking (which you just attacked jedo for), but you are threatening to put your vote onto mers for having (in your opinion) a poor read on someone? Oh jeez.

That post by SC was terribad. You're threatening to vote Meransiel (who is, given all likelihood TOWN) for disagreeing with your view? Even if there wasn't a contradiction, this is ridiculous.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Cupcake Mafia II coming soon! Are you cupcakes ready...?
-> postponed indefinitely, but is still in the works
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

Hit that submit button by accident and didn't get to finish my thought.

I am not convinced that Jedo is town and still do not see why Glass feels that he is. That being said, with SC's more recent posts, and upon more thinking, I am doubting my null read on him before.
Vote: SC
which is
L-2

@mod: the last votecount is wrong since I unvoted.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Glass »

Meh, I had him down as null leis. Rhinocke does bring up some decent points about him, but I still think that SC is scummier.
HotDogs
HotDogs
Goon
HotDogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by HotDogs »

Gee, hammering one scum and helping lynch another is really scummy. If Jedo flips scum then I have to be colorless.
Record:
Town: 1-0
Scum: 0-0
Other: 0-0
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by xvart »

V/LA while I travel back to the mainland. Will post and be back in full swing tomorrow night.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Leiskyrie »

hiplop's vote is still on Merans for some unknown reason...

Merans, who do you think is scum? You said to Glass that "this kind of tunneling is bad" but what do you propose?
~Not quite so fluffy~
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 am

Post by hiplop »

Yeah, i usually forget to unvote :oops:

UNVOTE:

@Mod, im going to be V/LA until saturday night, mght still be able to post a little, not sure
third best scummer of all time
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Leis: I say the tunneling is bad as in counterintuitive, it is not scummy due to lack of a railroad.

So far I got 2 town (HotDogs and Rhino for brashness, maybe xvart, not really sure) and a ton of neutrals (maybe apart from SC, maybe).

Will try to look for more scum motivated actions as the game develops, as for now, gotta sleep.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:49 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Possible V/LA for awhile. I don't live near the wildfire in Arizona, but the last time I heard it is very close to power plants serving my area, so the power company may impose rolling blackouts on me.

Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Meransiel »

So many V/LAs...
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Leiskyrie »

Yeah...I am too, really sorry about it. After this one, I promise there'll be no more!

That being said, this is why I ended up committing to a lynch.
~Not quite so fluffy~
Leiskyrie
Leiskyrie
Goon
Leiskyrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Leiskyrie »

Merans, could you list the top two people you think are good lynches today, and why?
I want to see before I go on V/LA
~Not quite so fluffy~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”