Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

/confirm

And I'll VOTE: Grimmjow for being the only person I recognize.

My time zone is Pacific Daylight Savings Time and I'll probably post at least once every day.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Well, that's kind of like wine above you...instead of wine in front of you. :p
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Oh, duh. My bad.UNVOTE: Nice to see you, too, lol.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Miss JJ »

LOL that the two SEs were the voters in confirm stage. :)
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

I hate it RVS too but I'll still put my RVS vote back on Grimmjow.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Okay let's try this again, third time's a charm.

VOTE: Grimmjow

Big Al's post seems ICish and pro-town to me. I agree that we should be critical of everyone. Grimmjow, why keep your random vote if you are FoSing Big Al?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

@ Viscera - Sorry, I should have been more clear. It was not an extension of my "attempted" RVS vote. It was due to his FoSing of Big Al which seemed stronger than his reason for keeping his RVS vote on Yonzy.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Miss JJ »

VE, you beat me to it...

@ Cymru why are you concerned with "looking scummy" when you should just be concerned with finding scum?

@ VE, I don't see Grimmjow was infuriated as it was an RVS vote.

Edit - okay Tucah also pre-empted me with Cymru but I think we should have an answer to this.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Miss JJ »

VisceraEyes wrote:
cymru96 wrote:@light-posters
We're reaching a point in the day where people are going to start getting suspicious of everyone else and one of the most suspicious things in my mind is active-lurking.
I've seen a couple of people already looking at the thread but not posting who are in the game
- I'd hate to lose a townie or two to lynches when the only crime they're guilty of is not posting enough. Thank you, that is all.

Seeing someone's name in the forum doesn't mean they are necessarily looking at
this
game. They could be in more than one game and be looking at/posting in another - as I was. I wouldn't get too freaked out about this unless someone seems to be online a lot but rarely posts in here.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Miss JJ »

cymru96 wrote:I guess you guys are right,
I should find scum not prove that I'm scum
'cause I appear to be good at digging holes!

Unvote

Vote Zihark
Not posting for ages and then suddenly voting as soon as VisceraEyes votes for you seems a bit dodgy.

HUH?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Miss JJ »

@ VE I thought you were referring to Grimmjow's 23. But then he unvoted him in 51 and stated reasons why his was was on him in 52. I just thought your choice of "infuriated" a little OTT but I accept your explanation.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Cymru needs to come back and explain not one, but two posts now. Maybe this will help to get him talking.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Cymru

Newbtown who can't articulate or newbscum who slipped - either way I can't just let this go.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Miss JJ »

VE a couple of clarifications on your post, please.

VisceraEyes wrote:
He votes for cymru96 in this post. His reason ended up being "because he didn't vote for anyone". Interestingly, only three people had when he posted this (not counting Miss JJ's unofficial and
as yet uncorrected vote on Grimmjow
which would have put him at L-1
...more on Miss JJ later!).

Did you mean my vote on Grimmjow was uncorrected at the time of the post you refer to by Big Al?

Where do you see Grimmjow being put at L-2? You say my vote would have put him at L-1 which would mean he had 3 other votes. I don't see any other votes for Grimmjow but mine.

I'll post more later but thanks in advance for answering these for me.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Miss JJ »

You're wrong. I corrected it. See #47

I don't see any other votes on Grimmjow besides mine (which was corrected). Who else voted him?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Miss JJ »

Okay, first some to say about the Cymru slip/typo. Yes, it could very well have been a typo but I found it interesting to note some of the responses to it. I'll start with VE:

VisceraEyes wrote:@Miss JJ
Whoa, this time YOU beat ME to it.

@cymru
Huh?
Surely you didn't just noob-slip tell everyone that you're scum...I've got to be reading that wrong

Why do you have to be reading this wrong? This seems almost like a nudge to correct a possible slip.

Nor should you

Nor should you...

VisceraEyes wrote:@bigAl
I know YOU have thoughts on this, Mr IC guy. What's your take on cymru?

Why are you asking bigAl for his opinion but not stating yours?

VisceraEyes wrote:@cymru
I would hope you wouldn't be that careless
, lol

Why would you hope someone would not be so careless, especially if you don't know their alignment?

VisceraEyes wrote:@cy (addendum from Grimmjow's post)
.....preferably reasons that don't involve playing the noob-card...it's been pretty much agreed upon that you're a new player, playing the noob-card at this point would only further incriminate you.
If you're town, I'd prefer to not lynch you based on that

What would you prefer to lynch town based on?

And then Grimmjow:

Grimmjow wrote:Ok, so I just got back from a winery (WHEEEEEE) so now may not be the best time to post stuff, because my thoughts are not exactly coherent. However, I will say this:
I do not in the slightest believe that was just a typo. I am not going to vote him right now because I don't want mafia coming along and hammering him just in case he is actually town, but I do NOT believe that

@cy: reasons why I should think otherwise, GO!

If you did NOT believe this was a typo you have absolutely no reason not to vote him AND put him at L-2 to at the very least turn the heat up on him and get more than a couple of sentences in response.

Grimmjow wrote:Everyone else is essentially a null tell for me thus far, with, perhaps, the exception of cy, but that's based off his "prove I'm scum" comment, which, more and more, I can see as just a typo (
though I still can't really see HOW one would miss an entire word like that
). But I don't think scum would be that stupid. However, I can see how it could have been a subconscious slip.

You seem to excuse it but still have suspicions of him.

My whole point in this is how easily this was either excused or explained away by VE, even before Cymru explained it himself. And then there's Grimmjow who expressly stated he didn't believe Cymru, but still excused the statement apparently. Possible scum partners of Cymru or scum who know Cymru is town? Maybe. At this point I have read Cymru's explanation, which is plausible, but I think reactions to his slip/typo are far more interesting than the slip/typo itself.

For now, I believe we've gotten all we can at the moment from the Cymru slip/typo so I will UNVOTE: Cymru.... however I don't think it should just be dismissed/forgotten completely. I will be back with more - including a vote - later today/tonight.

A couple of things I would like to note:

1. I don't think people should get so freaked out about putting someone at L-2 or even L-1 if it's warranted. That hasn't happened so far but I find people are very tentative with their votes in this game. See bigAl's #98, which I agree with.

2. Whether someone is the IC or not should have nothing to do with whether you suspect them or don't suspect them. Roles are chosen randomly and everyone's posts should be looked at individually and not judged because of their IC status or any other status.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

You're very concerned about any posts regarding you are very accurate and clear. What I find interesting is that page 5 is going to be almost exclusively dedicated to my reads-post, and the only comment you had on any of it was clarification on you, someone I only gave a limited, non-analyzed read on in that post. This can be viewed a couple of different ways...The most obvious is that you're scum and you don't want ANY suspicion cast on you, no matter how little or inconsequential. The other (and the one I'm more inclined to believe) is that your posts have been used in the past by scum out of context and you're overly concerned about being understood entirely.

So what's your take on my reads? Am I way off? Am I full of crap? Am I some kind of Mafia prodigy with impeccable reads? Your opinion is important. Everyone's is.

Sorry I missed this earlier. I was just posting on a break during work so I didn't have much time... but I am concerned about your posts about
anyone
being clear. I just didn't see where you got your vote count.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

bigAl wrote:One more minor unimportant niggle:
My first actual game (that I ended up replacing out of due to IRL circumstances, AND IS CURRENTLY OVER) I didn't get a chance to read the qt and discuss things with my buddy beforehand. Just sayin'.

I haven't played a game here in a while (before quicktopic was officially introduced), so I don't know if mafia members can see (but not post in) the qt thread during the day, but I assume they can. Meaning that even if it wasn't a two way conversation, I would have had time to post some advice at least. If I were mafia that is. >.>

LOL This is kind of funny because you could be trying to prove you're not mafia by showing how you have no idea about QTs. :shifty: I can answer this as I was mafia in a previous game - the one Grimmjow keeps talking about. Our QT was viewable even during the day when we weren't allowed to post. Anyway, it's a good point that even if both mafia didn't get a chance to post, at least one could have.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

VE, first my comments about your read on Grimmjow along with my read on him:

Grimmjow - I didn't see his "bullshit" comment about Yonzy's vote as a chainsaw defense of Workdawg. I can understand what you are saying, I just didn't think it was that aggressive and I doubt he would be that obvious over an RVS vote for his fellow mafia. His FoS on bigAl could go either way for me. I can understand his suspicions of Al's big IC post but I thought it was good advice to scrutinize everyone. It was good, sound advice that town should follow. Some of his other reasons for looking at people are a bit too suspicious, though. I had problems with the site the same day Al said he did so when I saw Grimmjow immediately jumping on that as a reason to suspect him I saw it as reaching. I also don't agree that you should suspect the IC just because he's the IC. You should not just believe him because he's IC, either, which I said earlier. And then there's the game with me - sure, I was mafia but that alone is no reason to think I am in this game. To me some of these things seem either paranoid or contrived. Mafia would need to manufacture reasons on suspecting people so this would fit. Also, his strong statement of disbelieving Cymru but then not voting for him. That tipped him toward scum for me. If you think someone's lying - vote them! His opinion seemed to relax a bit on that but has it really or is he just giving an excuse as to why he is going to look elsewhere?

So, once again...

VOTE: Grimmjow

I also noted that both VE and Grimmjow have indicated they think the other is town.

Grimmjow wrote:As for myself, the only person I have marked off my list thus far (though that in no way means I'm not still going to be watching) is VE.

Grimmjow, why have you marked VE off your list?

Grimmjow wrote:Just popping in real quick to post what I found funny (hahah, not "huh" funny)

VisceraEyes wrote:Am I some kind of Mafia prodigy with impeccable reads?

Bullshit.

Anyway, I am going to reserve my judgements until more people post on their reads. I'm curious to see what everyone things. I already have some comments that I might make towards VE's post(s), but I would like to see a few more respond first.

I don't like this. I would prefer you post now before you see others' posts. Is VE still crossed off your list?
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

My comments about your read on Cymru:

Cymru - I wasn't put off by his vote on bigAl because I was thinking the same thing when I saw bigAl's vote without a reason. He explained it later but I agreed with Cymru in that moment. The possible scumslip has been explained but I don't think we should just take his word that it wasn't a slip. That being said, not much more to do about it now except add it into my data when looking at Cymru's posts overall. I can't just assume what someone says is true in this game. I would rather assume everyone is scum unless it's proven otherwise. Also, his explanation for saying he didn't want to appear scummy. Again, could be true but we have only his word on that. All that being said, I would probably lean town if I am to believe his statements. He could easily be either newbtown or newbscum and I'm not nearly ready to call him town just yet.

I'll post my comments about your read on Al as well as my thoughts on you and others (who have any content worth commenting on) either tonight or tomorrow when I have time.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

To answer Workdawg's questions:

What is everyone's experience with mafia? How many games have you played? Here or elsewhere, online, IRL? etc.

I have finished 3 on this site and am in 3 ongoing. I have played about 7 mafia/werewolf themed games on another site. One ongoing werewolf game.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

Hey guys. Sorry, I've been really busy the last couple of days and have to get to bed soon. :( Anyway, I'll try to catch up on all this and post something tomorrow night.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”