Open 302: JUNGLE REPUB nope game over! Party time!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I have voted for Muffin. I can confidently say that without looking. :)

I'm not voting for him for "setting up lynches" though. That's why I'm voting for YOU.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

HezLucky wrote:I have voted for Muffin. I can confidently say that without looking. :)

I'm not voting for him for "setting up lynches" though. That's why I'm voting for YOU.

Yeah I looked at your ISO. You very briefly threw down a Muffin vote when there was no momentum for a Muffin lynch.

That said I don't think it is likely you can be Wolf partners with him so its Null and not really worth pursuing.

But this comment is why every fiber of my gut is screaming you have to be scum and thus a Wolf. Because I can't see any sort of Town play being so scummily inconsistent in what they consider scummy.

Maybe you are just that bad a Town player but I just can't wrap my mind around it.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by HezLucky »

But when has there been momentum for ANY of my lynches? Outside of the past 24 hours?

Context, MoI. Context.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Don't have time right now to respond to everything, heading out the door, but will respond to this gem quickly...

MoI wrote:Um, whut? This is just plain bad. Ostensibly Regfan who ‘knows he’s Town’ should have 3 Town reads. There are 4 Town players left in the game.

You forget that being part of the Mafia Muffin?

No, MoI. Maybe you're forgetting because you're scum.

If you have 3 town reads, by PoE you should have 4 scum reads. You can't have a null read and 3 town reads.

Will respond to more in a couple hours, but I had a chuckle at this.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

MoI wrote:Note for future reference – note how Muffin and Neil’s votes suddenly appear on me with not a bit of suspicion before their voting.

It's a choice between neil (who I don't think is a werewolf) and you (who various people have expressed suspicion of at one point or another). Hez is looking less and less like a werewolf in recent pages (yes, I'm a sucker for participation... at least he's putting effort in now, regardless of his alignment) and you are looking for more likely to be a werewolf in light of my Hez-wolf read changing. It's a very simple-to-follow thought process.

MoI wrote:note that Muffin is ‘setting up lynches’ right here

Acknowledging my most likely wolf read if you flip town is setting up lynches? Right...

OK, apparently there wasn't that much for me to respond to. I largely agree with hf's #788, although I disagree with him thinking it's impossible for someone to bus you. I've already admitted I'm bussing MoI, so yeah...
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Umbrage »

Vote Count:

neil1113 (4) - Regfan, Wickedestjr, DeityKabuto, MagnaofIllusion (One vote away from lynch!)
MagnaofIllusion (3) - HezLucky, zMuffinMan, havingfitz
DeityKabuto (1) - neil1113
Last edited by Umbrage on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Wow, MoI is a double-voter and a werewolf!
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:56 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

zMuffinMan wrote:Wow, MoI is a double-voter and a werewolf!

Get on neil's wagon, it's about time we end him from getting any further.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:23 am

Post by HezLucky »

Neil if you don't get off DK this day will never end.

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 am

Post by neil1113 »

Wow all that, and I forgot to place my vote. VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 am

Post by HezLucky »

Good. We have 4 days now. Neil, you promised a post. I think it would be a good idea to post whatever it is you promised because it might a) change people's read on you and/or b) change people's read on Magna.

DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Unvote
Vote MagnaofIllusion

Fine, but I swear neil is on one of the two scumteams.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:How can you have a null read if you have 3 town reads? At least one of them should be null. Or a better explanation: your reads are contrived.

By PoE Deity would be a scum-read however I don't see him being an evilsheep and am having difficulty finding a potential werewolf partner for him thus the placement of the read in 'null'.
zMuffinMan wrote:FTR, I'd be happy with a Regfan lynch today, too. For someone that's calling out neil for active lurking, you've posted what? Like once in the last week?

This is a complete misrepresentation of what is actually the case, although my activity may have dropped recently due to university commitments I've let me thoughts and reads openely known which is what Neil has avoided doing whenever possible.
Neil wrote: This is your opinion. I can't argue this fairly. There are numerous reasons as to why my declince in content could've happened, and my "avoidance of the spotlight", if that is indeed what I've been doing, could have numerous reasons as well. It's your opinion that it is scummy, because you do not know the reasons why. For now, let's forget about the V/LA and just think Neil must not actually have a real life, and that he really is just such scum in this game with his mind so wrapped up in it, that he's taking a fake break all the while actually getting in our heads thinking he's away.

I don't deny that your lack of activity is related to real life commitments however the fact is that when there's less focus on you your quality of posts has reduced signifcantly.
Neil wrote: The only stance in which you can state I remotely took OMGUS in, is Deity. Other than that, prove that I have not scumhunted? Here's the problem before you try, you can't. Again, that's a matter of opinion. Remember, I was on the lynch for Mafia Member CJ? Yeah, with MY help, we lynched a MAFIA member. That's scum hunting, rather you're little mind likes it or not.

The fact you voted along with the Cjdrum lynch isn't a sign of scumhunting from you, just sheeping an inevitable lynch, I'll await your detailed reads on everyone before doing into this though.
Neil wrote: PoE is not a scum-hunting tactic. It's not stable, it's never produced confident reads, it's likely wrong more times then not, and in cases like this, it could make you play against your win condition and lynch town.

This is a blatant lie, PoE is a very valid scumhunting tactic and widely used throughout this site, sure it may not lead towards strong cases but it leads towards a direction of where to read into.
Neil wrote: Do you consider a V/LA to be "sliding through the game?" Or are you referring to something else with this?

I'm referring to your activity yesterday when you werne't on V/LA at all.
HavingFitz wrote: I strongly disagree that neil is a safer lynch than Magna (or you for that matter). Hammer Magna, then based on his flip go from there.

You've constructed a VCA using town-reads as the entire basis to show that particular players are mafia, this means you should have a reasonable amount of confidence in your town-reads therefore I'm finding it hard to believe that you are so strongly attempting to lynch them in a certain order rather than just guarentee one of their lynches.
Neil wrote: Yeah I'm actually pretty excited. I think this will be another town win under my belt! :) For the record, you may have to wait a bit for it though. Reading a book, eating lunch, and then I might get back to the final post.

Explain how one mafia lynch results in a win, right now we're in a position where we don't just have to lynch mafia every day but also have to hope for cross-kills at some point.
neil1113 wrote:Wow all that, and I forgot to place my vote. VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

You beg for a chance to be able to state your reads before being lynched, state intention towards doing so multiple times and then place someone else at L-1 knowing that it could lead to the end of the day before your reads are elaborated on, really?

PEDIT; OH YOU'RE FUCKING KIDDING ME.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 am

I'M DEAD!
Last edited by Umbrage on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Regfan wrote:By PoE Deity would be a scum-read however I don't see him being an evilsheep and am having difficulty finding a potential werewolf partner for him thus the placement of the read in 'null'.

Right, but then if you think there's a possibility you're wrong about him being scum, then which if your town reads would be scum instead of him and why aren't you null (or at best null-leaning-town) on them?

Regfan wrote:This is a complete misrepresentation of what is actually the case, although my activity may have dropped recently due to university commitments I've let me thoughts and reads openely known which is what Neil has avoided doing whenever possible.

I know there's more to the reasons you think neil is scum, but this...
Regfan wrote:Neil's V/LA has been over for quite some time now and he continues to avoid presenting any real content or information that even slightly ressembles scumhunting, it reads as if he's attempting to lurk his way out of the lynch.
is hypocritical.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:Right, but then if you think there's a possibility you're wrong about him being scum, then which if your town reads would be scum instead of him and why aren't you null (or at best null-leaning-town) on them?
This is the issue, I haven't a clue which of my town-reads I'm incorrect about.
zMuffinMan wrote:
Regfan wrote:This is a complete misrepresentation of what is actually the case, although my activity may have dropped recently due to university commitments I've let me thoughts and reads openely known which is what Neil has avoided doing whenever possible.

I know there's more to the reasons you think neil is scum, but this...
Regfan wrote:Neil's V/LA has been over for quite some time now and he continues to avoid presenting any real content or information that even slightly ressembles scumhunting, it reads as if he's attempting to lurk his way out of the lynch.
is hypocritical.
Not at all, I haven't been strung up or voted then proceeded to attempt to lurk my way out of it, nor have I 'avoided presening real content'.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 am

Post by HezLucky »

The good thing about crosskills is that if Magna is town then the wolves HAVE to kill mafia tonight. (see top post of pg 31)

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Regfan »

I have a date over so this will likely be my last post before the flip but Neil needs rope tommorow, as does HavingFitz.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 am

I'M STILL DEAD!
Last edited by Umbrage on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

MoI wrote:I can't wait to see Muffin's "explanation' of how he was bussing me.

What explanation? Anyone who takes what I was saying seriously is brain-dead.

Regfan wrote:This is the issue, I haven't a clue which of my town-reads I'm incorrect about.

Then wouldn't itbe simpler to assume DK is scum?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:02 am

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:Then wouldn't itbe simpler to assume DK is scum?
Regfan wrote:By PoE Deity would be a scum-read however I don't see him being an evilsheep and am having difficulty finding a potential werewolf partner for him thus the placement of the read in 'null'.

We're going in circles here.

MoI, DO NOT POST AGAIN
- In the rules it states the lynched player can no longer type and the last thing town needs right now is some form of hinderance added due to rule-breakage.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Umbrage »

Vote Count:

MagnaofIllusion (5) - HezLucky, zMuffinMan, havingfitz, neil1113, DeityKabuto (HAMMER!)
neil1113 (3) - Regfan, Wickedestjr, MagnaofIllusion

Half the sheep were gently dozing in a grassy meadow (yes, they have grassy meadows in jungle) and the other half were screaming at each other when day broke on Jungle Republic. As the day wore on, the sheep realized that they needed to kill someone, or their pretty meadow would be covered in bloodstains. Being resourceful beasts of cunning and fuzzy wool coats, they quickly decided to argue about the death some more. MagnaofIllusion and neil1113 were tied up and hung over the edge of the deadly pit, now beginning to fill up with sheep carcasses. Suddenly, to the protests of some of the sheep who were no longer sleeping, MagnaofIllusion was untied, and he fell into the pit.

After his final rattling breath had been drawn, the DEVIL appeared, swathed in fire and meringue. With a few cool thunderbolt sound effects, he motioned towards MagnaofIllusion. The clouds parted, and a white light shone down from above. It engulfed MagnaofIllusion, and the other sheep stared as he slowly ascended to the sky. Suddenly he turned back and shouted: "DON'T FORGET TO KILL WHO I ASKED FOR OK?" to the chagrin of the DEVIL who promptly shot some lightning up his ass. Then the world went dark.

MagnaofIllusion, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched day 3.

Countdown to next day.

I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that once lynched, you are dead, and you are not allowed to post any more. MagnaofIllusion is spared, but anyone else who does this will be given an auto-loss.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Umbrage »

The sheep awoke in darkness.

And waited in darkness.

And waited.

Eventually, a very tired DEVIL got around to removing the darkness. And as the sheep's eyes adjusted to the light, they looked around to see who did not survive the night. It only took a few moments to realize who that ghostly form floating towards the sky was.

Wickedesjr, Vanilla Townie, has been killed Night 3.

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Regfan »

Jesus christ, there is literally one other townie left making it 2-2-2. To win, we HAVE to lynch a werewolf today, werewolfes HAVE to kill a sheep tonight and we HAVE to lynch a werewolf again the following day. Then we HAVE to lynch the last evilsheep on 3 way lylo.

This is probably too late as I'm outnumbered massively but Evilsheep, you do realize you have to lynch the werewolves today to have any realistic chance at winning yourselves. Neil is scum without a doubt, not sure which faction yet, so is HavingFitz and zMuffin. Completly unsure over which of Hez and DK are the last townie how gut keeps telling me it's Hez.

Still in the process of moving back home however I'm planning on saving some of these pages to re-read on the train back, should have my vote up by end of today.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:51 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Vote neil

I FUCKING TOLD YOU IDIOTS TO LYNCH NEIL

Return to “Completed Open Games”