Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Beefster »

Scum Suspects:
WrathChild
PeregrineV
LMP

FOS: PeregrineV
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

fos: gandalf
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Also

fos: katy, zdenek, feysal
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Clearing up some technical matters regarding my current state of health. Then will be back with important message.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:32 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Alright, my Wall of Text was nearly not as big as I thought it would be, so I hope people read it this time:

Baby Spice wrote:SGR:
Wine arguements, self-meta arguements.
I got no idea what to make of him yet.

Hey, Baby Spice, what do you think of me now? And who do you FoS more between Beefster and Zdenek now?

Dry-fit wrote:Would really like to hear more from SnakePlissken, not liking his contribution so far.

Snake has contributed more than you

Feysal wrote:Something that caught my eye as I was reading was how abruptly Zdenek changed his read when Pine claimed. Even as Pine was pushing his own lynch Zdenek believed he was scum, and suddenly changed when Pine claimed. Why is that?

I think we're the few people that have nothing related to the Undead in their abilities, because a lot of people suddenly believed Pine with his claim, if I recall correctly.

inHimshallibe wrote:

inHimshallibe wrote:Also

I get Gandalf and Zdenek, but why Katy and Feysal? Just wondering.

LynchMePls wrote:Ya for FOS count.

FOS: Katy

Read her ISO last night and was infinitely less than impressed. I would recommend it as good reading for anyone else who might want to find scum.

What about Katy? What's going on?

WrathChild wrote:Why is RBT confirmed town. Is an alignment shift not a possibility?

I find this post scummy on at least two different levels.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Three different levels, to be precise.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:51 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Katy and Feysal bother me on contribution levels. Katy also bothered me in what I thought might have been a slip in talking about mislynches.

Turning this back to you - give me your take on gandalf and Zdenek.
Show

:

Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Katy »

I wasn't that active yesterday for several reasons, including that a lot was going on in another game I'm involved in and that work all of the sudden got sucky and I've been unexpectedly stressed, making it hard for me to come in and focus really hard on playing.

If it helps, I can tell you that I checked out the masons and I don't believe there is any gambit going on there. As to anything else I have to say, I want to check something with the mod first.

@Inhim
: Can you elaborate on this "slip" about mislynches?
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3057628
Katy wrote:I said he was obv. scum because he kept saying he was Merlin (a wizard). In other words, a joke.

Even if I thought he was scummy (and I'm not sure on that right now) I would have unvoted because he had racked up seven votes in a short amount of time and in the previous Sorcerers/Wizards game the exact same thing happened leading to a quick mislynch, so I was being cautious and unvoting. Plus, Implosion was and still is coming off as more scummy than SGR. I don't understand why he cares so much about the who the hydra is. How are their identities relevant to their alignment?
Talking about mislynches of people other than yourself or those you know are not scum before the fact just seems to smack of too much information.

Later on in the Day, I didn't push the issue further, but feel it may be worth it now.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:Turning this back to you - give me your take on gandalf and Zdenek.

fos: sgraaize
until this happens.
Show

:

SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I can see where Gandalf and Zdenek are Scum:

1)Zdenek does look like he's planting reasons to vote that person later in case a BW forms, all without 1) Giving much reasoning himself and just following whatever other person says 2) Flip-Flopping a bit too much for my eyes.

2) Gandalf hasn't said almost anything and from what he says, few things are to be taken seriously or worth of discussion (The difference between Gandalf and Katy/Snake Plissen is that those two, although not saying much, have managed to drop some town-tells that don't look staged, while Gandalf is pretty much in the center and as null as one can be)

Regarding Zdenek, although I do see reasons on why people would think he's Mafia, I did like some posts he made, namely:

Zdenek wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:
Zdenek however, is making softly softly attacks on easy targets, which to me points at scum trying to not get too invested in a mis-lynch.
Beefster/Amrun for example. Vote on lurker Snake for no real reason is bad. Weak reasons on Pine when there were good reasons for voting him.

What makes you think that Amrun is an easier target than Beefster?
What were the good reasons for voting Pine?

I still think that SnakePl is scum. He's posted little and in the post he made before I voted him there was a lot of pro-town fluff, and his current vote is (ironically) on a lurker. He also asks questions that he wouldn't need to if he was reading the thread. If he wasn't on the suggested list of vigging targets, my vote would still be there.

And

Zdenek wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:
Zdenek however, is making softly softly attacks on easy targets, which to me points at scum trying to not get too invested in a mis-lynch.
Beefster/Amrun for example.

Zdenek wrote:
I attacked Amrun out of that pair.

Baby Spice wrote:
So that would be you calling Amrun an easier target than Beefster, not me.

No, it's not. I never thought that I was attacking weak targets. So that is pure B.S.

Baby Spice wrote:
It's not that he was alarmist per se, but that he built up from a reasonable thing to an alarmist thing.
That he escalated his rhetoric with nothing from Icey that would have supported such an escalation.

Your reasoning here is garbage because you are trying to argue that Soben didn't build up from a reasonable statement to an alarmist one, which is patently false.

WC wrote:
He went from: "Derp! Yeah! I don't have to read and can be lazy! Yeah! Screw actually reading anything carefully!" to a very in depth poster who has detailed theories and reads on different people. This was just over the course of about 4 RL days. It is a huge posting style flip and it bugs me. If we aren't going to lynch him, fine, but I don't like what I'm getting from him.

This is one of the worst reasons I have ever seen someone use to try to push a wagon (for the record, I have seen this argument used by scum in the past). Player plays badly, comes under pressure for it, improves, and scum not wanting to abandon their original case, uses this stupid reason to keep pushing their lynch.

Why does anyone have a town read on WC again?

Regarding Gandalf, I don't mind lynching him today, he is a lurker that is pretty much as null as it can be in my eyes, and I like lynching both lurkers and null people, I'd like Dry-Fit more than Gandalf, though, he's also a lurker, and I don't like most of what he said, namely, the fact that he seems to be tunneling on the easiest targets (Me, Snake) without noticing anything else going on in the game, and even going as far as using that as an excuse ("Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice Pine because I was just looking at SGRaaize"), plus, him calling out Snake on lack of contributions is just ridiculous.

Good enough?
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Katy »

inHimshallibe wrote:Talking about mislynches of people other than yourself or those you know are not scum before the fact just seems to smack of too much information.

Later on in the Day, I didn't push the issue further, but feel it may be worth it now.

I wasn't talking about a mislynch on someone I knew was town, I was talking about avoiding what happened on the first two days of SitMOA II. I have no idea what SGR's alignment is, and at that point in the game I was on the fence on him. But in SitMOA II, the first two days were cut short when bandwagons piled up extremely quickly for little reason and then the player was hammered (in both cases unintentionally) before there was time for any real discussion during the day. The first mislynch led directly to the second mislynch and it was not good for town. I wasn't trying to defend SGR so much as I was trying to take off my vote so that nothing stupid happened like last time.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:57 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Beefster wrote:Scum Suspects:
WrathChild
PeregrineV
LMP

FOS: PeregrineV

Hey Beefster

We are not lynching people who are near death today.

That's you and Peregrine V.

Try again.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:59 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

inHimshallibe wrote:Also

Yeah shut the fuck up. You keep the FOS count if you want to be a moron, otherwise I'm going to treat it like a vote.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Anger doesn't become you.

For the voting purposes.
Show

:

IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Katy wrote:I wasn't that active yesterday for several reasons, including that a lot was going on in another game I'm involved in and that work all of the sudden got sucky and I've been unexpectedly stressed, making it hard for me to come in and focus really hard on playing.

If it helps, I can tell you that I checked out the masons and I don't believe there is any gambit going on there. As to anything else I have to say, I want to check something with the mod first.

@Inhim
: Can you elaborate on this "slip" about mislynches?

So you confirmed that a pair of Masons were town.

Thank you for that information, Katy. I feel very reassured that you're not scum. "The Masons are town."

The. Masons. Are. Town.

Can you give me some reads that DON'T involve me lynching you dead as a doornail? Because my bloodlust is heading towards 11.

@SGRaize:
You have an interesting set of reads on a narrow subset of players. It's starting to disturb me.

What do you see your position in this town as? Are you a leader? A rabble rouser? Do you force people who are lurking to post? Shine the light in dark corners? Analyze people's posts and determine what alignment they are? What are you doing today?

@InHim:
I'm REAL good at it when I volunteer to be vote bitch for the town and that stuff happens. Imagine like 20 people multi FOSing and unFOSing, and my poor count.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Also this is all ICE.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

Katy wrote:

ex-fucking-cuse me.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am

sgraiize's spamming is weird and could be overcompensating for nervousness.
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:36 am

I MEAN WHAT SORT OF FUCKING SCUM CLAIMS MASONS DAY 1 IN A LARGE GAME KATY? WHAT IS THIS? WHY WOULD YOU USE ANY SORT OF ALIGNMENT CHECKING ABILLITY ON CLAIMED MASONS. that's terribad play.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 am

Post by SGRaaize »

IceyCupcake wrote:
@SGRaize:
You have an interesting set of reads on a narrow subset of players. It's starting to disturb me.

What do you mean?

What do you see your position in this town as? Are you a leader? A rabble rouser? Do you force people who are lurking to post? Shine the light in dark corners? Analyze people's posts and determine what alignment they are? What are you doing today?

I'm the wild card

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:sgraiize's spamming is weird and could be overcompensating for nervousness.

I am nervous
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Votecount

2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
3- A Gaggle of Geese
[Healthy]
(0)
5- Riceballtail
[Bruised]
(0)
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(1) - AGOG
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
11- SnakePlissken
[Bruised]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(0)
14- Beefster
[Dying]
(0)
15- PeregrineV
[Dying]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- LynchMePls
[Healthy]
(0)
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Bleeding]
(0)
20- inHimshallibe
[Bruised]
(0)
21- SGRaaize
[Bruised]
(0)
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting (17): gandalf5166, Riceballtail, Katy, Bunnylover, IceyCupcake, Dry-fit, SnakePlissken, WrathChild, Beefster, PeregrineV, BabySpice, LynchMePls, Zdenek, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe, SGRaaize, Feysal

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 30h at midnight (GMT -5)

Damn it, I had forgotten:
You find a dagger lying on the floor.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 am

grab dagger
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 am

Post by WrathChild »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
grab dagger
Im not sure what I think about this, On one hand, I considered it to be more town to discuss diplomatically, but on the other hand I could see this as aggressive town running interference.

GG are you still a hydra? If so who?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 am

Post by WrathChild »

PS
I'll be back at work Monday, so I'll be mostly V/LA until then.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”