A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 am

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

same gaggle. what, did you miss the fact we're masons or something? diplomacy is nice and dandy, but I wanted a dagger.
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:who the fuck would revive rbt

ISO purposes
sorry.

Anyway we need to lynch someone who is healthy
Bunnylover makes a great suggestion scummy as hell yesterday

lol. Lynch someone who is healthy? I see some logic in that, but most people who got hurt are by a town role more then likely.
Meaning healthy people can be town too, and more then likely will be town.

On a side note. Glad to see the third party Healer team is back in the game (or I assume). Welcome back RBT.

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
grab dagger

Im scared D:.

So it seems you were right GreyIce in that we can't move our votes.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Katy »

A Gaggle of Geese wrote:I MEAN WHAT SORT OF FUCKING SCUM CLAIMS MASONS DAY 1 IN A LARGE GAME KATY? WHAT IS THIS? WHY WOULD YOU USE ANY SORT OF ALIGNMENT CHECKING ABILITY ON CLAIMED MASONS. that's terribad play.

What sort of masons claim mason on day one for no reason?

I don't have an alignment checking ability. If I did, I wouldn't have wasted it on you. I do have something I could use to check out your claim and wouldn't have been as useful on anyone else, so since I got an extra chance to use an ability (since we can use one per phase), then why not? I didn't think it very likely you were scum, but now I don't have to worry about it.

Anyway, I've been so focused on other things I've practically forgotten day one except it seemed way longer than it was. I have to review my notes and the day before I give my FOS and actual reads.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Katy »

Bunnylover wrote:
lol. Lynch someone who is healthy? I see some logic in that, but most people who got hurt are by a town role more then likely.

I think the idea is that people who are badly damaged don't need to be lynched because they can be vigged off at night.

My Games
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Katy wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:

I think the idea is that people who are badly damaged don't need to be lynched because they can be vigged off at night.

Yeah, that why I said "some" logic.
Its not bad, but I still don't like it that well. By allowing those who are damage to live, assuming they are anti-town, we allow them to use their ability at night or day.
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

You're right, they might have a super-ultra-special-awesome ability they can use knowing they are gonna die anyways.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by Feysal »

Um... This was not exactly what I hoped for when I asked for volunteers. I hoped for scum to jump on the chance to make their vote useless and not having to justify moving it for the rest of the day. Not going to accuse claimed mason Gaggle-Chesskid of any such thing of course. At least we now know unvoting really does not work. Analyzing today's "vote records" is going to be a nightmare.

SGRaaize [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3117384#p3117384]#1454[/url] wrote:I think we're the few people that have nothing related to the Undead in their abilities, because a lot of people suddenly believed Pine with his claim, if I recall correctly.

I get what you mean, but in regards to Zdenek, I considered that possibility and found it unlikely due to other things he has said. In fact, as of last night, Zdenek has become my primary suspect among those not seriously injured. Anyway, I'd like to hear his reason from him, as soon as he gets back from his V/LA.

FOS: Zdenek

You know, I'd be very surprised if there was someone in this game who couldn't tell.

Bunnylover [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3118660#p3118660]#1479[/url] wrote:By allowing those who are damage to live, assuming they are anti-town, we allow them to use their ability at night or day.

Well, lynching someone might prevent them from using their normal actions - I note that Pine's attack on IceyCupcake apparently never resolved. Other than that, there is little difference, since a seriously injured player like Beefster and PeregrineV today can probably be finished off with a single shot. I'm sure the town can muster enough firepower to make that happen, should we decide that they both need to be killed. At the moment I'm pretty much in agreement that PeregrineV needs to pick up his play fast if he is to avoid death. Beefster I'm far less sure about.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

The best part is there were a number of people who wanted Katy dead yesterday, Feysal. Yet she didn't even take the least little bit of damage.

Odd, huh?

As for the danger that Peregrine V might have some ability that blows the game apart, I agree later on in the days we can change the policy on leaving the near-death people to die. But on day 2? Ridiculous. Let them shuffle off naturally. I have no idea what alignment Peregrine V is, nor would I pretend to have any way of finding out. Anyone can post "welp guess I need to catch up" and watching him die will amuse me.

Katy's just horrible. We're like "what the hell Katy?" and she's like "no I'm town, see I used an ability to confirm the masons town, how could scum do that? By the way I don't have any reads or anything that matter."
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Beefster »

IceyCupcake wrote:
Beefster wrote:Scum Suspects:
WrathChild
PeregrineV
LMP

FOS: PeregrineV

Hey Beefster

We are not lynching people who are near death today.

That's you and Peregrine V.

Try again.

K

FOS: WrathChild
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

DAY 2

FOS Count

2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
3- A Gaggle of Geese
[Healthy]
(0)
5- Riceballtail
[Bruised]
(0)
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(2) - LMP, IceyCupcake
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0)
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(1) - RiceBallTail
11- SnakePlissken
[Bruised]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(1) Beefster
14- Beefster
[Dying]
(0)
15- PeregrineV
[Dying]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- LynchMePls
[Healthy]
(0)
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(1) Feysal
19- Mana_Ku
[Bleeding]
(0)
20- inHimshallibe
[Bruised]
(1) Gandalf
21- SGRaaize
[Bruised]
(0)
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting: gandalf5166, AGOG, Katy, Bunnylover, Dry-fit, SnakePlissken, WrathChild, PeregrineV, BabySpice, Zdenek, Mana_Ku, SGRaaize,

With 18 alive, it takes 10 FOSes to FOS Lynch.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
A Gaggle of Geese
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
A Gaggle of Geese
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by A Gaggle of Geese »

Bunnylover wrote:
A Gaggle of Geese wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:who the fuck would revive rbt

ISO purposes
sorry.

Anyway we need to lynch someone who is healthy
Bunnylover makes a great suggestion scummy as hell yesterday

HUH SCUMCLAIM

WOUNDED PEOPLE ARE ALL LIKELY TOWN

MAKES ODDS OF HEALTH PERSON SCUM MORE LIKELY

LYNCH
IT
WITH
FIRE
A Gaggle of Geese < A Dance with Dragons.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

SGRaaize wrote:

Baby Spice wrote:SGR:
Wine arguements, self-meta arguements.
I got no idea what to make of him yet.

Hey, Baby Spice, what do you think of me now? And who do you FoS more between Beefster and Zdenek now?

Leaning town, but that's more the impression I get from how others think. I still find you unreadable.

Lets put Beefster in the town catagory. Mostly because he admitted to having a main attack (Or what sounded like a main attack) that doesn't seem to affect undead, and from previous games and what we know of flips in this one, undead are town. Can't see any scum admitting to not being able to attack town/third party.

FOS Zdenek

I kinda like clear answers to questions. I kinda like seeing things supported by quotes. I don't mind poor thinking if someone at least tries to present it readibly. (Lord knows I do enough poor thinking at times)
Zdenek is doing none of these. not answering questions, or when he does answer them the answers on't seem to relate to the question. This I think is deliberate

Example:
Zdenek wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:
It's not that [Pine] was alarmist per se, but that he built up from a reasonable thing to an alarmist thing.
That he escalated his rhetoric with nothing from Icey that would have supported such an escalation.

Your reasoning here is garbage because you are trying to argue that Soben didn't build up from a reasonable statement to an alarmist one, which is patently false.

Don't see the relevence to Soben. Not a clear answer or not a clear thought. A quote would have been brill.

Others.

Feysal's early game reminded me a lot of him in Stars Aligned, but the last couple of posts have changed my mind.

AGOG I'm glad to see. CK3 is on my unreadable list so I'm glad to see Faraday added. I was also happy to see the mason claim. It ties AGOG to
Mana_Ku alignment wise, making CK3/AGOG more readable :)

I was in one game with Snake that I can think of, we were both scum and he lurked out. Added to #906/#908. I've confused people myself while voting, but that was similar names/nicknakes (Chronopie and LordChronos) Feysal and Dry-fit however. Sounds more like Snake was trying to park a vote one lurker and got called for it and backtracked. Also, being merely bruised shouldn't rule him out as a lynch candidate. FOSable

Dry-Fit however, under-posting and under-contenting. Even lampshading his under-posting (iso#3) Could happily vote/FOS here too.

Damn, out of time.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Fair warning of advice.
Actions used last night aren't to be trusted.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Show
I have played 25 games:

Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Katy »

IceyCupcake wrote:The best part is there were a number of people who wanted Katy dead yesterday, Feysal. Yet she didn't even take the least little bit of damage.

Odd, huh?

What? Who wanted me dead yesterday? The only thing I remember is Dry-Fit putting me on their damage list and they said it was OMGUS when they listed it, because I had them on my list. I don't recall anyone voting for me, and if they did it wasn't long enough to appear on any vote count. The only other person who said anything like wanting me dead yesterday was you, and it was only because I didn't have a lot of posts. Post count doesn't actually correlate to alignment. My post count is related to how engaged in the game I am and what's going on in my life. I said this before, but if you want to paint me as scum you'll have to find the content of my posts that are scummy, not just that I haven't posted a lot.

You're going to find it harder and harder to get town to follow your lead based on some mysterious claim from day one, given that we've seen no payoff from your special power and all of your reads yesterday were dead wrong and we have three dead (or recently dead) townies to prove it (Pine, Amrun, RBT).

And I do have reads ... I just didn't have them yet earlier in the day. I was working and so while I could take a couple of minutes to keep up with the thread and respond to current events, I did not have time to go back and review the previous day and remember what happened. I explained all that, so whatever. I've been reading tonight so here are notes/scumpicks:

After looking at votes, I initially was going to say Gandalf, but giving him a re-read he is consistent with town Gandalf. He is impulsive and crazy and stubborn about things that don't matter, but his posts from day one read like actual Gandalf scumhunting to me and I can see the thought process behind his posting which makes it feel genuine to me, not faked.

FOS: Dry-fit

His participation is minimal and he shies away from taking definitive stances. He brushes off any suspicion against him and doesn't engage it. He picked on Snake a lot yesterday and it strikes me as picking out an easy target. I cannot for the life of me read Snake because he's so off the wall. If he's town then he's enormous scumbait, which is deja vu to the last game of this type and I'm especially suspect of of someone who is all but lurking going after another low activity player who posts bizarrely. It reads like "hey look at this guy (not me)."

WrathChild
is another person who reads scummy to me. He posts often but very little of it is focused on actual scumhunting. A lot of his posts are vague and general rather than specific and when he is specific it's generally to argue game mechanics like how Pine died or whether the claim plan from yesterday was a good idea or not, well after it was clear that we weren't doing it, or doing things like writing up a long description of the Amrun-Beefster wagon then doesn't use it for any scumhunting purpose. What's the point of painstakingly drawing up a whole timeline if your end result is "they are both town, this is just normal gameplay"?

If Dry-Fit IS scum, there's also a possible connection to Dry-Fit here. He tries to head off votes on Dry-Fit to instead be damaged at night. I suspect that scumbuddies will be advocating for lurkers to be damaged at night because out of all the lurking players not all of them are going to be scum. They'll just protect their lurky buddies at night and let the town lurkers take the damage and be vigged. Meanwhile, those teammates get an early reprieve from being lynched.

My Games
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Bunnylover wrote:Fair warning of advice.
Actions used last night aren't to be trusted.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Unpack this for me.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

LOL, I only understood now what the FoSes are actually for

FoS: Dry-Fit
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:43 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Katy lynch is all cool, her backpedaling on me with no new info is BAAAAAAAAD.

fos: Katy

I'm not sure if I told the mod this: LA until the 13th
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Katy »

But I do have new info. I just reread yesterday knowing the alignments of several players, but more importantly but with less ability to talk about it, I've just seen you flip in [REDACTED] so I have a lot more info on my Gandalf file than I did during the last game day in this game.

Also, changing my mind on you like that would be bad if we were both scum. Since you know very well we're not buddies, then I'm not sure what's so BAAAAAD about it, but feel free to elaborate.

My Games
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Ok, discussed and fixed. Now that that's done:

@whoever hit me- you suck. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish I had a big ass bomb, I'd blow everyone up, and let the undead pop back up and win. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

I think vote counts can still be analyzed, despite what someone said yesterday.

(sheeping only confirmed town for now)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Riceballtail »

More votes on Dry. This is a good wagon.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Beefster »

PeregrineV wrote:Ok, discussed and fixed. Now that that's done:

@whoever hit me- you suck. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish I had a big ass bomb, I'd blow everyone up, and let the undead pop back up and win. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

I think vote counts can still be analyzed, despite what someone said yesterday.

(sheeping only confirmed town for now)
We shall see about that softclaim. Are you undead?

Nobody else attack PeregrineV today. I'll use one of my spells on him. If he takes damage, then he's not undead- likely a Wizard. If anyone is a watcher, you can assist me in confirming his alignment
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20 am

Post by SGRaaize »

That was an incredibly overblown reaction to an obvious joke to me.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Feysal »

Is this a prolonged graveyard shift or something? Barely any posts today.

I can understand what Beefster is planning with PeregrineV, but I doubt its usefulness. First, PeregrineV could be town but not undead, and this test would probably result in his death. Second, concerning his idea of involving a watcher, would it really be worth it to out such a powerful role just to confirm one lurking wight? If indeed he is one.

I think it would be far more useful to have PeregrineV involve himself with the game and answer for his play. To that end, here is my case on him for him to respond to.

Basically his lurking is simply scummy. I've seen him before as town, and I remember him as active, nothing like his play here. I've checked out his scum games, and he had a definite tendency to lurk in them. In Battlestar Galactica Mafia he explicitly admitted allowing the town to implode, and I believe that is exactly what the scum are doing here. The list of town dead is ample evidence of the amount of town infighting going on, and I'd bet the mafia want to stay out of it and let the town do their job for them.

Of course he could simply be busy in real life, but even a quick glance at his sitewide activity disproves this. He has been playing in other games concurrently with this one, and started/replaced into others while this game has been active. He seems to have been more active in some of those games too compared to here. I can't recall him saying anything constructive either in his few posts, last time he was blatantly sheeping. What gives?

Also, this:

PeregrineV [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3117312#p3117312]#1453[/url] wrote:Clearing up some technical matters regarding my current state of health.
Then will be back with important message.

I'm waiting to see what that important message might be. I don't think anything in his last post qualifies.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Beefster »

It looks like he soft claimed undead, also note:
-Wights appear to be the VTs of this game- and thus are common
-Wights are undead
-My spells don't hurt undead
-The flavor of my role implies that there are NO UNDEAD WIZARDS.
-Therefore if I attack PeregrineV and no damage occurs, he is confirmed town. If he ends up dying, no real loss: He's a lurker/anti-town.

If someone is a watcher/similar role, he can check on Peregrine to confirm that I was the only person that targeted him.
Get to know a meat boy
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Beefster-Uh, no.

@Feysal- I do better later in game, esp. big ones (like Cold War). I also do better on the weekdays while I mix business with mafia at work.
The important message was whoever hit me sucks. It's important they understand how slimy they are.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”