Newbie 1104 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I haven't seen anyone say they have 6 town reads, so there must be a reason he is scum by PoE, even if it is mainly PoE.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

as soon as otolia replaces in he sticks a shabby vote on noragar with a shabby reason. bus?

also, just Ctrl+F noragar in the Otolia iso. It's what I'd expect from a scum to buddy reference
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Your reasons are just bad WIFOM. I don't see anything discernible that makes me think he's more likely scum with Otolia than town who Otolia just happened to interact with the way he did. The initial vote in particular - I don't think that was bussing or distancing of any kind. He wasn't going to get much town cred for bussing his partner there, and considering his partner is a rolecop (and he's a goon), he'd be setting himself up for a loss. I'd be more inclined to believe this was evidence of some sort if the reason or his vote wasn't really, really, really weak.

Also, noragar just looks really town to me. I've already touched on a few of the things I think makes him look town (the way he handled his claim, it's not the way I picture a rolecop at L-1 acting).
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

EBWOP:

I wrote:The initial vote in particular - I don't think that was bussing or distancing of any kind. He wasn't going to get much town cred for bussing his partner there, and considering his partner is a rolecop (and he's a goon), he'd be setting himself up for a loss. I'd be more inclined to believe this was evidence of some sort if the reason for his vote wasn't really, really, really weak.

Referring to Otolia in this whole paragraph, in case it wasn't obvious. Also fixed a typo.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

So I read CC in ISO, and my read on that slot hasn't changed in the slightest.

The stuff he's saying isn't necessarily 'town-motivated' or whatever you want to call it, but it reads like genuine newb-town who's come from a different background (SC2-mafia). ISO#8-#14 in particular (pretty much all of p3). He wasn't playing well, he wasn't actively scum hunting, but nothing makes me think he's scum at all.

I'll get around to responding to this eventually. Maybe. If I can be bothered. It's reallllllllllly long though, eyes glazing over, etc.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

so who's the scum then?

I'm really not seeing forest scum

~Screwtape
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

It's Espeonage or Forest. Outside chance of Haylen. I think Espeonage. Thus my vote.

Put it this way... If Espeonage is lynched and does flip town, I'll be re-evaluating my reads before I do anything tomorrow, but his D1 play screamed scum to me and his play thus far D2 hasn't really done much to change my mind. You seem convinced that he can't be scum because he 'attacked' you and Haylen, but that's just a poor reason to think he's not scum. That said, if you are actually getting town vibes from his posts, and you can explain why, I'll hear you out.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

i trust my gut, not my generic half-baked tells

i make up daft tells I've I've been doing to try and justify my gut to those who do not trust my gut

i end up looking like a VI though sometimes. Like now

~Screwtape
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm not asking you to go against your gut read, I'm asking you to explain it, because if your gut read is that Espeonage is town, then it's vastly different to my gut read and I want to know exactly why.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

i don't think scum would lurk d1.
his d2 play looks town despite being brief

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

actually, I want his full reads before I cast judgement (same for forest and choas)

~Screwtape
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Twistedspoon wrote:actually, I want his full reads before I cast judgement (same for forest and choas)

Town: TS, Hayl
Leaning Town: noragar, forest_air, zMuffin
Null: CC
Scum: Espe (mainly due to his crazy thought process that he refuses to show in detail as well as his chronic absence)
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by forest_air »

Twistedspoon wrote:i don't think scum would lurk d1.
his d2 play looks town despite being brief

Actually, lurking d1 gives scum the opportunity to pretend to be town and say :"Yes I was suspecting so-and-so all along" on d2. But on the other hand, townies may not want to risk lynching a townie on d1 so they'll opt to not do much at all.

Lurking in general isn't really good for the town, but some people don't have as much time as others so that's also something to keep in mind. Some people as scum may post a lot to arouse suspicion and chaos and others may choose to post less often to avoid getting noticed.

Here are my reads as of now.

Town: Muffin, (gut feeling)
Leaning Town: TS, gbevil (neither of them have done anything scummy to me, seem to be pro-town enough)
Null: Haylen, Morthas (I'll do some isos later. Haylen seems to be more town I think, but I have very little idea on Morthas)
Leaning Scum: Espeonage, noragar (Seem the most scummy to me, but I've been suspicious of noragar for quite a while, so my vote stays...more on this later.)
"Familiarity breeds contempt."
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

eh, I wouldn't say he lurked D1 anyway. It was more active lurking than just pure lurking, with prod dodges and promises to catch up but no real content for most of the day. His ISO#7-ISO#16 is just... meh. Like yeah, maybe he was busy, but repeated promises to catch up that never happened makes me think he's more likely scum than town. But I'll do some reading at some point today.

Unvote
until I'm done reading, but I still think Espeonage is the most likely scum candidate.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Morthas »

@MOD
: Going to have limited access since my pc has died until it's repaired, will probably be able to still participate though
Capitalism, ho
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by gbevilchaos »

forest_air wrote:chaos and others may choose to post less often to avoid getting noticed.

lolwut? I have the second highest post count! :o
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:26 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK, I've been a bit lazy, but tomorrow (or today, rather, 3:20am) is a Sunday so I will actually do some reading. I need to dedicate a couple hours today to this game and a couple others I'm in, so yeah.

Anyone wanna do me a favour and post their own analysis of vote counts D1? I'll do my own independently tomorrow, regardless of whether anyone else wants to do it, and it'll be filled with my own conclusions, which you may or may not agree with, but I'm interested in whether anyone else comes to the same conclusions I will.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Haylen »

Prod avoidance apparently, mods forgot I'm V/LA at the weekend :p

Will be on to this tomorrow, I've risen my own stress/frustration levels by going to a job interview and failing it cause I can't do maths aimed at 9-11 yr olds. How effing embarrassing.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I'll do the maths

~Screwtape
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by forest_air »

gbevilchaos wrote:
forest_air wrote:chaos and others may choose to post less often to avoid getting noticed.

When I did I say that? And I'm not accusing you of lurking or anything, so it isn't that big a deal :wink:
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by gbevilchaos »

forest_air wrote:
gbevilchaos wrote:

When I did I say that? And I'm not accusing you of lurking or anything, so it isn't that big a deal :wink:

Iso Post #47. It took me by suprise.
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by forest_air »

^Maybe it seems you're posting less because of all of the new people.

@Nobody Special : Please do a vote count as soon as you are able.
Last edited by Nobody Special on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.07

Espeonage - 3 - noragar, Morthas, gbevilchaos
noragar - 2 - forest_air, Twistedspoon
forest_air - 1 - Espeonage

Not Voting: Haylen, zMuffinMan

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: June 21

V/LA: Morthas, until computer is fixed
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
noragar
noragar
Goon
noragar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by noragar »

gbevilchaos wrote:
Town: TS, Hayl
Leaning Town: noragar, forest_air, zMuffin
Null: CC
Scum: Espe (mainly due to his crazy thought process that he refuses to show in detail as well as his chronic absence)

Ditto for me, except replace noragar with gbevilchaos and drop forest_air to a category somewhere between Null and Scum.
forest_air
forest_air
Townie
forest_air
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by forest_air »

gbevilchaos wrote:
forest_air wrote:Some people as scum may post a lot to arouse suspicion and chaos, and others may choose to post less often to avoid getting noticed.

Okay, I was doing some rereading and just to let you know I meant chaos as in the word meaning "not in order." That's what I get for not using a comma.

I'm still suspicious of noragar and if a townie is lynched tonight, my vote goes back to him.

As was noted before me, Espeonage was lurking throughout most of d1. It seems odd to me how his post count has gone up a lot since d2 started. With only one mafia member left, that could cause major pressure for them to participate more to avoid being tagged as scum. This could be Espeonage's reason for being more active now.

No one was killed last night. Any chance there's a relation to Espeonage being away and the mafia choosing not to kill anyone? I think that possibility is likely.

This may sound newbish but I honestly cannot understand why the mafia would choose not to kill n1 in a newbie game. The only reasons I can see are they were either away or that any person they kill would cause major suspicion upon themselves. But the latter would probably apply to someone who was posting more.

He claims to be VT, and the chances of him being one are 5/6 out of 8. But by the way he's been playing the game makes me believe otherwise.

Unvote; Vote: Espeonage

Hammer's for the taking.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”