Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Empking wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:bob is not pretending to be useful. He is useful

Give me two examples.

my point is that you can't distinguish between pretending to be useful and being useful

examples are that he's proven the weakness of the council and tried outlined all major wagons

@hiplop: so you know the difference between that and defending a townread? Didn't think so
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Empking »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Empking wrote:

Give me two examples.

my point is that you can't distinguish between pretending to be useful and being useful

Yes I can.

examples are that he's proven the weakness of the council and tried outlined all major wagons

And that helps to lynch scum how?

hiplop: Who was that directed to?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by hiplop »

you empking

and what @ts? I'm not too sure about FD, i think hes town but could easily be wrong, for now im on his side
third best scummer of all time
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Empking »

hiplop wrote:you empking

I was saying you might be town. Its a good thing.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Empking -

Whether or not you agree with me, my actions in the last couple of pages have generated more content than you have this entire game. Would you like to explain your definition of "useful", and your criteria for deciding when someone is only "pretending?" As far as I'm concerned, it's a non-distinction. Either your actions are creating information or they are not, "pretend" has got nothing to do with it.

Do you have any actual reason to be hostile/suspicious of me, or are you just butthurt that I'm not tolerating your lurking?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by monk »

This FD bandwagon is something I don't like, though I don't like him running everyone up to L-1 for a bandwagon to deflate either, though I do think that archaebob is doing a bit of the same thing as what he's accusing FD of doing. Empking is being useless though, I haven't yet seen anything worth switching my vote for so it'll stay nice and easy there.
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Archaist wrote:@FD #679: He was certainly like that earlier on, but he has recently been posting more content. Why attack him for past behavior, and then do the same thing yourself?

Bullshit.

Final Destination wrote:Here's how we feel about responding to anything you are saying:

archaebob wrote:I don't feel like it right now.

If that's content, then I'm an unlynchable bulletproof doublecop.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by monk »

bgg1996 wrote:
Archaist wrote:@FD #679: He was certainly like that earlier on, but he has recently been posting more content. Why attack him for past behavior, and then do the same thing yourself?

Bullshit.

Final Destination wrote:snip

And yet you're on the wagon he's put forward, noted...
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

monk wrote:
bgg1996 wrote:

Bullshit.

Final Destination wrote:snip

And yet you're on the wagon he's put forward, noted...

Huh?
Oooooohhh...
I thought that it was referring to FD.

P.S. He didn't put forward the wagon, Mikemike did.
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Final Destination »

archaebob wrote:You are starting to look like panicking scum, who can't believe that they don't actually have the entire town under their thumb. Do you really think that you're going to get a town read out of everyone by posting in all caps? I can't imagine why you would be playing like this as town.

LOL THIS IS FUNNY

I'm not panicking scum, we NEVER panic as scum. We'd have everything planned out and shit lined up and lynches GGd and the entire town WOULD be under our thumb.

WE are TOWN and FRUSTRATED AS FUCK because people are falling for YOUR BULLSHIT and being under YOUR THUMB because you appeased them with some fake content, fancy words, and wall spam. I still can't believe some of the fucknuts that are going "lolk we'll vote FD" this close to deadline when we have not one but TWO SCUM wagonned up.

Your obvious deflection, all in the name of "being a good townie! Im getting people to give reads!" is so transparently scum motivated I am flabbergasted no one else sees it (oh hey Empking does, but he's a useless townie as always and his opinion is never cared for.)

I'm not lowering myself to your level to appease people because I DONT CARE that scum is calling me scum.

I'm not giving out why AKIRA is a town read because theres no NEED either. Is Akira being wagonned? No. So why should I give away my townread secrets and magic... just because some scumbag asked me to and is trying to force a lynch based on my refusal? BULLSHIT.

Akira is town. If you dumbfucks want to wagon him again, I MIGHT explain why if I feel it would derail the wagon on somehow I think is town. INSTEAD I think I'll stick to calling out the REAL SCUM for what THEY are doing and hope you punks see the light.

Archbob is scum.
Arch is distracting from his buddies by preaching pro-town rhetoric, and trying to move the wagon me when his real intentions is to get it off Twisted and Mikemike. He even blatantly coaches his buddies in thread like Twisted in order to get the game in a state where everything goes according to plan.

HIS PLAY HAS ADAPATED to manipulate the town.

OUR PLAY HAS STAYED CONSISTENT to find the scum and because we're fucking TOWN.

Now.

Mike or Twisted dies today, I don't care which. WITH THEIR SCUMFLIP BOB"S LYNCH WILL BECOME A REALITY TOMORROW.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by earworm »

@Akira: Really? Does it hurt your ass sitting on that fence? There has been 29 pages finished in this game and you really only have reads on 3 people? (well maybe four, if you count hiplop) So you are completely refusing to place any reads on the rest of us.

Also you have a town read on FD BUT COMPLETELY IGNORE THIS WAGON ON HIM. Go defend him or something. Acknowledge the damn wagon for christ's sake.

@bob: First off, the alliance is between FD, GM and Empking. It's been like that since Emp got in the game. I am totally for this town alliance because they are town reads of mine.

FD-proposed the town alliance. I honestly believe this is a town tell and a strong one at that. FD is actually
reducing
his sphere of influence by submitting to be in an alliance. The alliance has the power to curtail anything they might deem as a mislynch. Honestly, for a hydra with Fate in it they are playing pretty subdued and methodically.

GM-Although they have been lurking lately (which is NOT a scum tell), they so incredibly town in every single one of their posts it's insane. top town read here.

Empking- He's been town since he first got in this game and posted pure gold in his first couple of posts here. His posts since then have consice and to the point. You don't have to wonder where he stands on and he doesn't spam the thread. Good combo.
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:46 pm

earworm wrote:Honestly, for a hydra with Fate in it they are playing pretty subdued and methodically.

What the fuck is this are you high?
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I thought this was pretty entertaining myself:

People who think we are scum:
the scumteam and bgg1996 (aka lurker and member at large of the VI brigade)
People who think we are town:
all the experienced and/or obvtown players

HMMM, I WONDER WHO IS RIGHT ON THIS ONE. LETS TAKE BETS.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by archaebob »

Alright, FD has convinced me that he's probably town. His statements about me are ridiculous, but they're the kind of ridiculous that I would expect from him. I'll respond to his points if he actually tries to go after me tomorrow.

Players I will hammer at deadline:

Akira
Twisted
Mikemike

unvote vote greymarble

@ FD -

However you feel about me, you can't deny that Grey not committing himself to a position on the lynch is antitown.

This last post in particular sends up red flags all over the place for me:

Greymarble wrote:I need to decide which of Akira/mikemike I want lynched today.
I have a feeling Akira may be obvscum but I need to put the time in to make sure.
If either flips scum I'm probably lynching the other one tomorrow, but we'll see what happens.

I asked him to explain what he meant by this, and he has yet to respond. Please please please please please try and put your blinders down for a moment and read this post with a cool head. It's weird, and I think it needs some attention.

@ people on the FD wagon -

I think we accomplished our objective. That last post revealed from FD revealed more than they probably would like to think, and it rings town to me.

I intend to try and bring Greymarble out of hiding. Feel free to join in.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by archaebob »

* cue post from FD trying to paint this as a scum motivated shift because of how SCARED I am of him
"Just asking, jeez..."
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:48 pm

bob wrote:@ my scumbuddies

I think we failed our objective. Nobody thinks FD is scum, so we need to start a new wagon on someone else.

FTFY.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Also, Re: Your entire post.

LOL
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

Empking wrote:

Give me two examples.

He s getting people talking - that is useful. More useful than you anyway.

Zachrulez wrote:
Mikemike makes a couple of posts and the pressure deflates. I figure he'll keep up posting for a day or two and drop back into lurker territory. I wouldn't mind seeing him with the rope today either.

I don't have internet access during the day at work so yeah during the week my post count will drop RL > MS - not much I can do about that I'm afraid.

hiplop wrote:what? im on your side

What side would that be ? And more importantly how do you know ?

Bob looks town to me - FDs attack on him just looks complete waffle. Happy to lynch any of the following in this order of preference:

FD
Akira
Earworm
Bgg

Dunno about Grey he's going to need to be prodded soon anyway.

Greymarble wrote:Haven't heard from Grey, but I like this.
VOTE: Archaist

@Zach: We'll make sure we agree before allowing a lynch.
Beyond that there's not a lot we can do without dropping post rate significantly while waiting for agreement.

I said from the start, they can call it a council or whatever bollocks they want but everyone is going to have to justify their vote. This looks a lot like piggy backing on FD and avoiding taking responsibility for your own vote.

Greymarble wrote:VOTE: Monk

My god will I sheep you here Fate.

Llama, if you're wondering, I'll explain in the QT when I'm off the phone, but his last post is probably all the explanation you need.

And again ... does he ever even attempt to justify his vote ? Its too late in the day to pressure wagon Grey or its just going to fragment the votes further but he/they need looking at tomorrow.
Akira
Akira
Goon
Akira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by Akira »

earworm wrote:@Akira: Really? Does it hurt your ass sitting on that fence? There has been 29 pages finished in this game and you really only have reads on 3 people? (well maybe four, if you count hiplop) So you are completely refusing to place any reads on the rest of us.

Okay, guess you're right. The FD wagon is way too big to ignore now.

FD is town because:

) The council. Scum would never propose a vote block because it will become obvious once they get past 2-3 nights without getting NKed. AND, they will also lose credibility when all of their lynches flip town. The council would just disappear and their members would become top suspects. Bad idea.
) FD scumhunts. He's the one who started the Twisted case for christ's sake! Yeah, that same case which has 5 players on it right now!!

It's either mikemike or Twisted. This wagon is NOT going to happen. The same goes for Grey, we'll think about him tomorrow. I can't believe people are actually wasting their vote on him. STOP FUCKING AROUND.
|
Town
|-|
||
|
|
Mafia
|-|
||
|
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

Akira wrote:
earworm wrote:@Akira: Really? Does it hurt your ass sitting on that fence? There has been 29 pages finished in this game and you really only have reads on 3 people? (well maybe four, if you count hiplop) So you are completely refusing to place any reads on the rest of us.

Okay, guess you're right. The FD wagon is way too big to ignore now.

FD is town because:

) The council. Scum would never propose a vote block because it will become obvious once they get past 2-3 nights without getting NKed. AND, they will also lose credibility when all of their lynches flip town. The council would just disappear and their members would become top suspects. Bad idea.
) FD scumhunts. He's the one who started the Twisted case for christ's sake! Yeah, that same case which has 5 players on it right now!!

It's either mikemike or Twisted. This wagon is NOT going to happen. The same goes for Grey, we'll think about him tomorrow. I can't believe people are actually wasting their vote on him. STOP FUCKING AROUND.

1. Who mentioned the scum team proposing a vote block? We are talking FD here there's a difference. Its unlikely that he'd put the whole scum team on the council. If the council lynched town why would the council members be a NK target ? With how well FD has done for scum so far why would he be a NK target ? The last game I played scum needed 3 mislynches - if FD got two of them using the 'council' then that'd be a pretty good result for him even if it got him lynched Day 3. If the other council members became suspects then great for him because if FD is scum then Grey probably isn't.

None of your logic makes the slightest bit of sense here and even if it did - the fact you are proposing to give FD a conf-town status shows
exactly why it would be a damn good idea for the scum to suggest the thing in the first place.

2. His first two targets are almost certainly masons. He's been mislynch hunting not scum hunting - throwing stuff around until it sticks and he gets his mislynch. There's a difference. Look at his play throughout the game Monk, Arch, Twisted, Me, Bob he's just been going through all of the players until he gets what he wants. So far he's help to draw three forced claims none of whom are likely to be lynched today which is great for the bad guys - if he's not scum then he's scums best friend.

Not sure exactly why you are buddying up to him so much as I'd be shocked if you were both scum, its almost certainly one of you or the other - one of you two needs to be lynched today.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:37 am

Post by hiplop »

hm Archbob says he will hammer 3 people, votes someone completely different :?

Mikemike, you asked a question: I just meant im on the side of FD at this point, ithink hes town
third best scummer of all time
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Empking »

mikemike778 wrote:
Empking wrote:

Give me two examples.

He s getting people talking - that is useful. More useful than you anyway.

1. Is counting to two really that difficult?
2. The only signal he encouraged (as opposed to noise) is people discussing just how scummy he is. If he's town both of those would be anti-town. As it is the second is accidently good for us but I doubt that was his intention.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 am

Post by archaebob »

Alright it's obvious that a grey wagon isn't happening today. I think allowing him to lurk is bad for town, and if we all worked in unison we would have plenty of time to pressure him and still pick a good lynch at the end, but meh.

unvote

Gonna reread now and see how I feel about the top three wagons.

@ FD -

My objective was to get you to crack and post some content. I succeeded in my objective. I really hope you can calm down some and read the thread with a cool head. I mean c'mon dude, you
have
to be perceptive enough to recognize that you probably are at least in part influenced by confirmation bias right now. If you still have serious concerns about me tomorrow I'll be glad to explain myself to you, but right now you're just PMSing and I'm not in the least bit interested.
"Just asking, jeez..."
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:30 am

archaebob wrote:My objective was to get you to crack and post some content. I succeeded in my objective.

Oh really? When you voted for us, we had just finished posting a massive case on Twistespoon. It was well supported and many people currently agree with it. It was Grade A content. Hell, you even said yourself that you would be willing to hammer Twistedspoon. So your demand that we needed to "crack and post some content" is complete and utter bullshit. We've been consistently providing good content throughout this game.

But apparently that wasn't enough. It was this post, our #709, that counted as content. What was the "content" of that post? It basically did two things: 1) Prove that you are scum, and 2) Tell you to fuck off and that we weren't answering your questions. Since you weren't originally asking for a case on yourself or reasons why we are town, those don't count as "content" you wanted to see. So let's cut everything talking about why you are scum and see what's left.

these two choice quotes:

FD wrote:I'm not lowering myself to your level to appease people because I DONT CARE that scum is calling me scum.

FD wrote:I'm not giving out why AKIRA is a town read because theres no NEED either. Is Akira being wagonned? No. So why should I give away my townread secrets and magic... just because some scumbag asked me to and is trying to force a lynch based on my refusal? BULLSHIT.

Akira is town. If you dumbfucks want to wagon him again, I MIGHT explain why if I feel it would derail the wagon on somehow I think is town. INSTEAD I think I'll stick to calling out the REAL SCUM for what THEY are doing and hope you punks see the light.

FD wrote:Mike or Twisted dies today, I don't care which. WITH THEIR SCUMFLIP BOB"S LYNCH WILL BECOME A REALITY TOMORROW.

What do we have? It's basically us 1) refusing to answer any of your questions and 2) telling you to fuck off. How the hell is us telling you to piss off "content" that generates a town read on us for you … but the massive case on Twistedspoon didn't? Bullshit.

tl;dr - What archaebob thinks:

An full game of scumhunting; a well-sourced case on Twistedspoon:
Not content, leads to a scum read on us.
A single post telling him that he's scum and to fuck off:
Content, automatically turns around his scum read on us and makes us a town read.

The scumteam: Twistedspoon, mike, and bob. Book it.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Final Destination wrote:
The scumteam: Twistedspoon, mike, and bob. Book it.

what my 3 highest townreads (one of which Is confirmed to myself)

I'm not buying it

FD is going to be soooo wrong in the endgame if not already by today's lynch
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”