Open 302: JUNGLE REPUB nope game over! Party time!

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Regfan »

For the record, I'm going to be completing my move back home in the next 24 hours thus my activity will be sparse.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Regfan »

Ugh. Do not like. I've just realized what your plan actually revolves around. You forcing the lynch between yourself and me today leads to two possible situations.

Situation one results in myself getting lynched, you shooting tonight and winning the game instantly that way. Situation two results in yourself getting lynched, your partner no-killing tonight and forcing tommorow into a 2-2-1 position where town become completly forced to lynch me due to aiming towards lynching an evil sheep rather than a werewolf resulting in myself being lynched due to my open claim. This turns the night into a 2-1-1 situation in which your partner will either choose to take it to a 1-1-1 popularity contest finish or a 2-1 situation where my team has zilch chance of winning.

In other words, I'm honestly playing with the best case scenario being a draw or unlikely popularity contest win.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by neil1113 »

"Over and over again" But I only did it once?

"I've realized your plan actually" But I'm Mafia? I have the quick topic to prove it. And you, are werewolf.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

lol Regfan,

That's really, really dirty.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Regfan »

neil1113 wrote:"Over and over again" But I only did it once?

Lets see:
neil1113 wrote:GG Werewolf, but you're done. I dare you to counter claim Mafia, just to make this situation even MORE ironic.
neil1113 wrote:Lynch me today Deity if you wish, but you'll lose the game.
neil1113 wrote:Regfan, if you can convince the town to lynch me, instead of you, I'll tip my hat to you. Good game werewolf. I'll even add you to my sig, as a sign of respect. But all in all, when night comes, all will be revealed, and you'll be lynched tomorrow. So fight as hard as you want, you can't avoid the initial death of you and your partner you werewolves, you can only delay it.
neil1113 wrote:By the way, all the points you've broughten against me doesn't prove I'm a werewolf. Just scum. And I've already claimed what side I'm on. And you're NOT my partner. Which makes you Werewolf. Simple. Goodbye.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

OK. Even if we lynch correctly today, optimal werewolf play is not to kill to force a draw or a mafia lynch. And then it's just as likely to go to 1-1-1 as if we no lynch today. This just supports the idea of no lynching more to me, unless we're able to just call it a draw. Which I would prefer doing at this point, because not lynching today also just made me realise the possibility of wolves choosing to go for someone they think is town tonight. Forcing a 2mafia-2wolf-1town loss for town tomorrow.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by HezLucky »

FWIW I already know between Regfan and Neil who I will be lynching today. The only question is whether or not I want to lynch today.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

What are the rules on draws in these games, btw? Can they be agreed on?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Regfan »

zMuffinMan wrote:What are the rules on draws in these games, btw? Can they be agreed on?

No idea, I only asked about what would happen if there was just myself and a werewolf left alive.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Vote Count:

neil1113 (2) - DeityKabuto, Regfan
Regfan (1) - neil1113

Not Voting: HezLucky, zMuffinMan, havingfitz.

---------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I thought I'd take this moment to review the faction wincons.

The wincon for both scum factions is the same. Either team can win when any of the following is achieved:

A) The only remaining players are with the scum faction.

B) The scum faction comprises at least half the living players with at least one town member left alive.

C) Nothing can prevent either A) or B).

It is possible for the Mafia and Werewolves to draw the game if there are an equal number of each scum faction alive with no town left.

It is not a violation of the rules to claim scum, however quoting, linking to, or otherwise using a scum quicktopic to prove a point will result in a autoloss.

If there are any questions, please ask.
Last edited by Umbrage on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Can we agree to a draw? Or does the draw have to be played out?

Also not sure how mafia and werewolves could ever draw outside of agreeing to it. They can never achieve their wincon simultaneously...
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

Umbrage wrote:B) The scum faction comprises at least half the living players with at least one town member left alive.

This is literally impossible to occur. If it's 2 v 2, oh no town players alive neither scum faction wins. If it's 1 v 1 oh no town players alive neither scum faction wins. I'm wondering why I joined this game to begin with because this is honest to god pathetic.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Umbrage »

zMuffinMan wrote:Can we agree to a draw? Or does the draw have to be played out?

Also not sure how mafia and werewolves could ever draw outside of agreeing to it. They can never achieve their wincon simultaneously...

As long as the town still has a chance of winning, the scum cannot agree to a draw. And when the town no longer has a chance of winning, it will likely be endgame anyway. So it has to be played out.

I misspoke earlier. The scum draw if there are an equal number of each scum faction remaining with no town players left. I'm correcting my previous post.

Regfan wrote:
Umbrage wrote:B) The scum faction comprises at least half the living players with at least one town member left alive.

This is literally impossible to occur. If it's 2 v 2, oh no town players alive neither scum faction wins. If it's 1 v 1 oh no town players alive neither scum faction wins. I'm wondering why I joined this game to begin with because this is honest to god pathetic.

It occurs if there is 2 of one scum faction, one town, and one of the other scum faction. If there are 2 members of each scum faction left alive, the game is a draw.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Wow. I go out to eat and watch the NBA finals thinking this game is going to start back up sometime tomorrow and I come back to 3 pages of WTF! And at least two claims that I know of. Wow. I'll try to catch up and give my thoughts before I crash but I don't think I'll be putting a vote down anytime soon (at least not tonight).
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Regfan, just want to draw this? No lynch, you kill a townie, we lynch the remaining townie tomorrow, game over, no risks? Yes, it's fairly fking obvious that I'm mafia with neil, and Regfan is a werewolf (with hf I'd guess). This is optimal play for both our factions, and better than taking a loss.

VOTE: No Lynch
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 am

Post by HezLucky »

While the best Muffin can now do is a draw, Regfan's team can still win.

And I have no intention of playing to Muffin's draw.

Vote: neil

Thanks for saving me 35 pages of rereading.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh well. Gg.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 am

Post by HezLucky »

Now that Muffin has claimed scum and proposed a situation in which town cannot win, the town needs to make the only play that can possibly result in a town win -- vote for neil

Meaning the town + regfan + regfan's buddy can vote for neil, regfan killed at night, muffin lynched tomorrow and a final three with two town and a mafia.

In other words, Regfan's team is deciding between voting no lynch (playing to a guaranteed draw) or voting for the other scumfaction (playing to win)

And I do believe that's rule #8. ;)

[[[and yes it's clear muffin and neil are teh WOLVES. they obviously didn't have enough confidence to close out the game so they killed the towniest looking person expecting to play for the draw instead - i can't see a wolf-team with regfan on it making such a kill]]]

So DK and havingfitz - Let's make it us three in the final three. Two townies and a mafia. It's anyone's game from there.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'm not clear yet on what is going on but I do know that neil is confirmed scum. And zMM was a top wolf candidate yesterday as well. They could still both be wolves.

VOTE: neil1113

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

You're very bad. The game is over with a neil lynch, but town loses either way, so it's not like voting for Regfan is going to help your win con either.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

That was @ Hez. But whatever, gg.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:31 am

Post by Umbrage »

Vote Count:

neil1113 (4) - DeityKabuto, Regfan, HezLucky, havingfitz (HAMMER!)
Regfan (1) - neil1113
No-Lynch (1) - zMuffinMan

"Dammit!", the DEVIL shouted angrily. He wasn't expecting to have to plunge the town into darkness again so quickly. He showed up wearing a bathrobe and shower-cap. But he still looked totally badass.

The DEVIL peered down the pit where neil1113's body had fallen. As he watched, another spectre rose up to greet him. It still had the outline of a sheep. The DEVIL looked at the five sheepish figures remaining on the ground, smiled to himself, and with a sudden motion sent neil1113's body plunging towards the depths of hell before vanishing himself.

neil1113, a Mafioso, has been lynched Day 4.

Immediately, a frightening transformation began to take place. Regfan and havingfitz's hair stood on end, it grew longer and silker. Fangs appeared in their mouths, their legs became longer and stronger. It wasn't long until they had become pure WOLF.

zMuffinMan leaped forward, eyes blazing with fire, and let forth a terrible scream of fury. But he was no match for the two wolfs which cut him down with no mercy. HezLucky and DeityKabuto turned to flee, but the charging, bloody wolves easily leaped on them and ended their lives with a few savage bites.

The two weary, bloody werewolves looked out at the calmness of Jungle Republic. Finally, their kind would no longer be persecuted. Finally, they could live in peace.

The Town has failed to meet it's win condition! Twistedspoon, LynchMePls, Empking, HezLucky, DeityKabuto, Wickedestjr, and MagnaofIllusion have LOST!

The Mafia has failed to meet it's win condition! neil1113, zMuffinMan, and cjdrum have LOST!

The Werewolves have met their win condition! Regfan and havingfitz have WON!

Thanks to farside22 for taking sign-ups, answering my question about game draws, and being a fabulous list mod in general. Thanks to Kelly Chen for designing the setup. Thanks to all you players, particularly Regfan, LynchMePls, and havingfitz for replacing in extremely quickly and allowing the game to continue seamlessly. This was my first game modding, hopefully I did an OK job. I'll be making a longer post with my thoughts later on.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 am

Post by HezLucky »

Once Muffin proposed a draw (aka. town loss) this game was unfortunately decided.

But gj wolves. That seer would've come in handy had he managed to survive -_-

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

Man...when neil claimed scum I thought, "Sh;t! I wasn't considering that." :eek: I thought we were heading towards a draw at best. :neutral:

When Regfan claimed mafia I thought he was a bit in scramble mode but was holding out hope neil's partner wouldn't out himself. Once zMM claimed I didn't think there was any other possibility other than a draw.

It was a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning to see neil at L-1. :D

I honestly did think MoI could have been scum and his wallposts were a P.I.T.A. So I was glad to see him go (no offense MoI :cool: )

Good game all...I had fun being a bad guy, it doesn't happen enough for me. Thanks for modding Umbrage.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Well, it was always going to be a town loss, Hez, and Regfan was obviously a werewolf. The plan he proposed at the top of this page was for hf (#876) which is why I called it dirty.

It essentially meant that no matter what town did it was always going to end up as 1-1-1. I just got bored and proposed a draw but meh.

Return to “Completed Open Games”